PDA

View Full Version : Dayne (More Rumors)

Lyn
08-30-2006, 10:01 AM
Word on the street is that Ron Dayne is on the bubble in Denver with Tatum and Mike Bell assured roster spots and Cedric Cobbs looking good for #3.

I vaguely recall the Steelers had an interest in Dayne just a year or two ago.

Is that still a possibility?

LambertIsGod58
08-30-2006, 11:12 AM
I'd take Dayne for goaline....

Prosdo
08-30-2006, 11:14 AM
At this point I'd say it's very possible. The Steelers seem to be very unhappy with Duce. We would be going into the season with Willie as the started and Vernon backing him up. Another veteran in there wouldn't hurt.

Ambridge
08-30-2006, 04:23 PM
Dayne has proven that he's not a short yardage/goal line runner. I believe that's a big part of why the Giants let him go.
He would run great in open space but when it came time to get some tough short yardage or punch it in over the goal line he would get tackled and go down like a little girl or even worse fumble the ball away.

No Bueno on Dayne.

RoethlisBURGHer
08-30-2006, 06:38 PM
No thanks...lets see how Haynes fairs...and maybe Willie will be able to take goal line carries.

19ward86
08-30-2006, 06:42 PM
i dont like ron dayne, he won the heisman or something back in college then broke his leg but he still isnt worth trading for. if we can get him as a FA i think he would be a great goalline type of guy.

jaysta
08-30-2006, 09:43 PM
I don't recall Dayne ever being a red zone type back. I was really excited about his NFL career after seeing him set the rushing record for D1-A schools with Wisconsin and win the Heisman in 1999, but he never amounted to much in the NFL. In his best year he had something like 7 TD's, but he never broke 1,000 yards because he's been a back up his whole career with NY and most recently Denver. I'd take Haynes any day over Dayne.

Livinginthe past
08-31-2006, 01:03 AM
The Patriots are probably going to cut Patrick Cobbs - maybe you could take a look at him.

He has been more impressive in preseason than any of the RB's looking to team up with Fast Willie.

He has run 26 times for 143 yards - he has also shown some talent catching balls out of the backfield.

We are loaded at RB (which is a rarity in New England) - maybe you'd like to trade us another one of those LBers?

NM

BlackNGold203
08-31-2006, 05:44 AM
The Patriots are probably going to cut Patrick Cobbs - maybe you could take a look at him.

He has been more impressive in preseason than any of the RB's looking to team up with Fast Willie.

He has run 26 times for 143 yards - he has also shown some talent catching balls out of the backfield.

We are loaded at RB (which is a rarity in New England) - maybe you'd like to trade us another one of those LBers?

NM

Oh cmon LITP....LMAO...you guys have Junior Seau!!!!!!

Why would we trade for a player that we would be able to snatch up for free???

:dang: :dang:

Livinginthe past
08-31-2006, 09:15 AM
Oh cmon LITP....LMAO...you guys have Junior Seau!!!!!!

Why would we trade for a player that we would be able to snatch up for free???

:dang: :dang:

What does the fact that we have Junior Seau have to do with our depth at RB?

You would trade a LBer you were going to cut for a RB we are going to cut to ensure that we both get who we want.

Once they are cut, there are anybodies.

NM

jaysta
08-31-2006, 06:04 PM
You would trade a LBer you were going to cut for a RB we are going to cut to ensure that we both get who we want.

Wow that's a hard sentence to follow, (lol) but after reading it a couple of times it does make sense. It's actually logic that the GM's use when bargaining with one another. That being said, I don't see Pittsburgh going after another RB right now. Not to mention I think they like their depth at LB as well. Peace! :peace:

Livinginthe past
08-31-2006, 07:17 PM
Wow that's a hard sentence to follow, (lol) but after reading it a couple of times it does make sense. It's actually logic that the GM's use when bargaining with one another. That being said, I don't see Pittsburgh going after another RB right now. Not to mention I think they like their depth at LB as well. Peace! :peace:

You know what?

Reading it again, that was one horrible sentence ha ha.

NM