PDA

View Full Version : Patriots get Week 1 bye

Vis
08-26-2013, 01:05 PM
Buffalo Bills coach Doug Marrone said Monday he is planning on starting undrafted rookie quarterback Jeff Tuel in their regular-season opener if EJ Manuel cannot play, Mike Rodak of ESPN.com reports.

The Bills host the New England Patriots in their opener on Sept. 8.

Manuel remains sidelined after undergoing a minor procedure on his left knee last week. Marrone said that while he hopes the 16th overall pick will be ready to play in Week 1, the team will make preparations for Tuel to start.

Tuel went 10-for-17 for 63 yards in Saturday's preseason loss to the Washington Redskins, replacing Kevin Kolb, who left with a concussion that now has him sidelined indefinitely.

Fire Arians
08-26-2013, 03:33 PM
IF manuel isn't ready to go. have to be prepared if that's the case.

GodfatherofSoul
08-26-2013, 05:43 PM
OMG 10-17 for 63? If his yards/attempt were any lower he'd be throwing it backwards!

tony hipchest
08-27-2013, 12:02 PM
the bills and jets are in their division.

they get 5 byes every year.

GMU Steeler
08-27-2013, 03:19 PM
the bills and jets are in their division.

they get 5 byes every year.

Which is pretty much how they've gotten the number one or two seed the past five years. On the flip side, I think playing against weaker interdivisional competition hurts them when it comes to the playoffs.

Edman
08-28-2013, 09:29 AM
I'm getting awfully tired of New England being granted free rides to the postseason because of their shitty division. The Dolphins, Bills, and Jets are all woefully incompetent in their own way.

NSMaster56
08-31-2013, 01:01 PM
Saw this scroll working out last week.

It must be despressing to be one of the five/six teams a year that you know have zero shot to be anything except fodder before even a game is played.

As fall as the Steelers have fallen, at least they aren't at that point... yet...

Atlanta Dan
09-07-2013, 08:52 AM
This from Jeff Schulz of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution:chuckle:

New England at Buffalo: Maybe one day, O.J. Simpson and Aaron Hernandez can break down this game for us.

http://www.ajc.com/weblogs/jeff-schultz/2013/sep/05/weekend-predictions-pain-over-dogs-falcons-win/

Buddha Bus
09-07-2013, 08:53 AM
With Ray Lewis on color commentary. :toofunny:

patsfaninpittsburgh
09-08-2013, 08:49 PM
Which is pretty much how they've gotten the number one or two seed the past five years. On the flip side, I think playing against weaker interdivisional competition hurts them when it comes to the playoffs.

Yeah

Those two AFCCG's at Heinz were a real hurt.

Besides, if you look at the Patriots record of beatdowns on the AFC North over the past decade.........I'd call it a lost opportunity.

fansince'76
09-08-2013, 09:12 PM
Yeah

Way to bring up shit from a decade+ ago. And you clowns accuse Steelers fans of living in the past? Hint: check a calendar - it ain't 2004 anymore.

Besides, if you look at the Patriots record of beatdowns on the AFC North over the past decade.........I'd call it a lost opportunity.

Yeah, after all, just look at all those Super Bowls they've won since the cameras were turned off. And also never mind the bestest, most dreamiest most wonderfulest QB in the history of the universe being outplayed and outplayed badly in his own backyard by Joe "Moonball" Flacco in the last two AFCCGs. Not to mention getting punked in two Super Bowls by Gomer "The Lesser" Manning...

teegre
09-08-2013, 10:32 PM
Yeah

Good post. Your prize: a pack of cotton-candy flavored Bubblicious.

For my real response, see fansince76's post.