PDA

View Full Version : Keenan Lewis burnt toast against Texans

Fire Haley
08-26-2013, 02:08 PM
they had him 1 on 1 against' Andre Johnson - not a good idea!

Saints' secondary torched by Houston Texans receiver Andre Johnson

Johnson found soft spots in the zone, caught balls in traffic across the middle of the field and burned top free-agent cornerback acquisition Keenan Lewis on a few occasions.

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2013/08/houston_texans_receiver_andre.html

Confounding Factor
08-26-2013, 03:53 PM
How is toast served in NOLA?

Fire Arians
08-26-2013, 04:31 PM
he's a #2 corner covering one of the best wr's in the league, and you're surprised? i'd list this as one of those things that should happen.

cowherpower
08-26-2013, 06:16 PM
he's a #2 corner covering one of the best wr's in the league, and you're surprised? i'd list this as one of those things that should happen.

Yeah he is not a #1 but he is getting paid close to one and should not look like William Gay against anyone. He was way overhyped

GodfatherofSoul
08-26-2013, 06:55 PM
I thought he was the heir apparent who got away from us. That should've been a good matchup for him.

Fire Haley
08-26-2013, 07:00 PM
he's a #2 corner covering one of the best wr's in the league, and you're surprised?.

tell it to Saints fans

Keenan Lewis has been awful the last 2 games. Vanilla defense or not he has been beaten more than anybody with the first two teams.

He's a high paid free agent for us who has been burnt all preseason Add to the fact he was still in the game with our backs up should say a lot

10 yard cushions do not bode well for "physical" cornerbacks

I'm sorry but that one play where Andre pushed him off like a little boy was embarrassing.

http://saintsreport.com/forums/f2/k-lewis-306351/

Fire Arians
08-26-2013, 07:04 PM
Yeah he is not a #1 but he is getting paid close to one and should not look like William Gay against anyone. He was way overhyped

hence why we didn't match the offer. he's a good #2 corner, but he's not #1 corner material. i would have loved to keep him but not at that price.

tell it to Saints fans

joke's on them i guess, that's what they get for paying a #2 corner #1 money. reminds me of oakland dishing out all that cash for larry brown lol

SteelersCanada
08-26-2013, 07:08 PM
It's hard to play in a secondary that doesn't have Troy, RC and Ike in it to cover for you.

zcoop
08-26-2013, 07:14 PM
Keenan will be fine in Nola. I saw that one play where he got burnt bad and another where the safety screwed up. Either way, I'll wait until he gets familiar with his teammates before labeling him a bust and overhyped. I've seen some of the best toasted really bad in regular season in D's they've played in for years.

That kinda shit happens at that position, comes with the territory.

EbonySteel86
08-26-2013, 08:59 PM
Keenan will be fine in Nola. I saw that one play where he got burnt bad and another where the safety screwed up. Either way, I'll wait until he gets familiar with his teammates before labeling him a bust and overhyped. I've seen some of the best toasted really bad in regular season in D's they've played in for years.

That kinda shit happens at that position, comes with the territory.

Excactl! I mean Ike got Tebowed, but I guess that's ok cause he's Ike. Keenan will be fine. Personally I think Ike holds alot. In fact, he had ALOT of PI calls last year. I would of let him go and kept Lewis and Allen which would of made a very good tandem for years.

steelax04
08-26-2013, 10:20 PM
Wonder if he'll come back next year on the cheap like the DBs always seem to do...

Confounding Factor
08-26-2013, 10:22 PM
Excactl! I mean Ike got Tebowed, but I guess that's ok cause he's Ike

Play-action-fake getcha everytime...

ricardisimo
08-27-2013, 03:09 AM
It's called the preseason for a reason.

EbonySteel86
08-27-2013, 08:56 AM
Play-action-fake getcha everytime...

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me for 204 yards, including a playoff game winning TD in OT, then there's a problem.