PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Mundy

NyGiantz
08-28-2013, 06:20 PM
Our starting FS is out for the year and there is a good chance Mundy gets the job. How was he for you guys? Think he can cut it?

Buddha Bus
08-28-2013, 06:21 PM
Meh. He was OK, but not starter material, IMHO.

GMU Steeler
08-28-2013, 06:26 PM
Backup. Nothing special really but I'll be rooting for him. Always seemed like a good dude and never complained. Maybe Coughlin's D scheme will suit him better.

Confounding Factor
08-28-2013, 06:27 PM
I seem to recall William Gay doing better as a DB.

harrison'samonster
08-28-2013, 06:31 PM
Yeah, I don't think he was anything special, but as far as I can remember he never was made to look like a fool. I'm hoping he does well!

MasterOfPuppets
08-28-2013, 06:42 PM
Our starting FS is out for the year and there is a good chance Mundy gets the job. How was he for you guys? Think he can cut it?
he was great on the bench ..:thumbsup: the more he's on the field the more you'll wonder WHY is he on the field...:chuckle:

tony hipchest
08-28-2013, 06:51 PM
He seem to regress last year as will Allen beat him out for the backup position. but he easily could prove to be a solid player and pick up for you guysspecially going into the season knowing if the job is his.

Kinda funny Ryan Clark was a nobody to the giants and redskins but still does so well for us.

Fire Arians
08-28-2013, 06:59 PM
mundy always arrived a little late on sunday

MasterOfPuppets
08-28-2013, 07:05 PM
He seem to regress last year as will Allen beat him out for the backup position. but he easily could prove to be a solid player and pick up for you guysspecially going into the season knowing if the job is his.

Kinda funny Ryan Clark was a nobody to the giants and redskins but still does so well for us.
http://www.banklawyersblog.com/.a/6a00d8341c652b53ef0147e06689da970b-800wi

GMU Steeler
08-28-2013, 07:12 PM

What I love about Ryan Clark is the Skins pretty much let him go to make Adam Archuletta the then highest paid safety in NFL history. Well seven years later, Ryan is still with us and become a mainstay of our defense. Archuleta was last one a roster in 2008 and only lasted the one season with the Skins. Locals around here wonder why I'm happy to be a Steelers fan over a Redskins fan and that's just another example you can point too. We take a guy who was a nobody with a bad team and make him into a key part of our team. Sorry for ranting and raving but just love that deal and Clark.

Atlanta Dan
08-28-2013, 09:43 PM
Seemed like a quality guy off the field but a journeyman on it - his big chance to step up was when Polamalu was hurt at the start of the 2009 season and then was gone for good in mid-November 2009 - with Troy gone and Mundy in the secondary was horrid

jacobo
08-29-2013, 05:41 AM
he couldnt handle the responsibility in lebeaus defense. who knows, he may play well in new york. hope he does

NyGiantz
08-29-2013, 01:50 PM
Yeah I was thinking of Ryan Clark when I started this thread. He was okay for us but has turned into a stud on your defense. But then again not many players don't fit into the LeBeau defense and not turn into very good players. I can't think of a player who has left your guys and still been a star somewhere on defense and I dont think Harrison will be as good as he was in Pittsburgh in Cincy

Fire Arians
08-29-2013, 01:52 PM
Yeah I was thinking of Ryan Clark when I started this thread. He was okay for us but has turned into a stud on your defense. But then again not many players don't fit into the LeBeau defense and not turn into very good players. I can't think of a player who has left your guys and still been a star somewhere on defense and I dont think Harrison will be as good as he was in Pittsburgh in Cincy

rod woodson, joey porter, and chad brown come to mind. however, they were studs before they left the team. mundy not so much.

but who knows? the giants might have a more fitting defensive scheme for mundy. best of luck, and thank you guys once again for kicking the patriots ass twice, i'll always like the giants for that :wink02:

GodfatherofSoul
08-29-2013, 03:49 PM
Kevin Green as well. But, most people leave and fizzle out. Even Rod was a safety at that point.

Buddha Bus
08-29-2013, 03:57 PM
Hardy Nickerson

MasterOfPuppets
08-29-2013, 10:18 PM
Hardy Nickerson
not lebeau's scheme ...

tony hipchest
08-30-2013, 12:04 AM
after Chris hope left the Steelers he led all safeties in the league for tackles beating out guys such as ed reed Troy Polamalu and Aeneas Williams who were all in the primes of their careers.

GodfatherofSoul
08-30-2013, 01:34 AM
after Chris hope left the Steelers he led all safeties in the league for tackles beating out guys such as ed reed Troy Polamalu and Aeneas Williams who were all in the primes of their careers.

That might not be a good thing, at least for the Titans defense.

jacobo
08-30-2013, 02:13 AM
hasnt clark led our team in tackles a few times? was probably at the top for all safeties in one of those years

IowaSteeler927
08-30-2013, 04:47 AM
I hope Mundy turns things around for his career in NY but I'll never forgive him for being completely and totally out of position and effectively enabling Broncos fans to rub that Tim Tebow lead playoff win against us in the playoffs.Some blame Ike Taylor for that as well but Mundy should of been the safety valve on that play and ultimately he was out of position and then took an extremely poor angle trying to get to Demaryius Thomas. I was never really impressed with Mundy while he was with us, but I do wish him the best.

Gnutella
08-30-2013, 07:23 AM
How quickly people forget that Ryan Mundy is the reason the Steelers got "Tebowed" in the playoffs two seasons ago. Everybody's too busy shitting on Ike Taylor to remember that Mundy was out of position on that play. Taylor simply passed Demaryius Thomas off to where he thought Mundy was.

MasterOfPuppets
09-10-2013, 02:25 AM
of course his first game with the giants the turd gets an interception and returns it for 90 yds.... :doh:

tony hipchest
09-10-2013, 10:03 AM
How quickly people forget that Ryan Mundy is the reason the Steelers got "Tebowed" in the playoffs two seasons ago. Everybody's too busy shitting on Ike Taylor to remember that Mundy was out of position on that play. Taylor simply passed Demaryius Thomas off to where he thought Mundy was.

Ryan Mundy was kind enough to remind me on twitter that he forced two fumbles in that game and kept us in it in the first place.

w/o his play we lose that game in regulation.

Atlanta Dan
09-10-2013, 10:38 AM
Mundy was a good backup but never full time starter quality

Steelers are trying to shed salary and get younger - since Mundy could not be the extra back in nickel coverage or be a backup CB, he left while Willie Gay (who played well Sunday) was brought back

Fire Arians
09-10-2013, 01:15 PM
I don't care who you play, whether it be a high school team, a college team, a junior college team, MUCH less an NFL team, when you turn da ball over 6 times, one for a touchdown, and 5 others in field position to set up touchdowns, you ain't gonna beat anybody i just mentioned. anybody :chuckle:

Blacksburg Zach
09-10-2013, 02:22 PM
I don't care who you play, whether it be a high school team, a college team, a junior college team, MUCH less an NFL team, when you turn da ball over 6 times, one for a touchdown, and 5 others in field position to set up touchdowns, you ain't gonna beat anybody i just mentioned. anybody :chuckle:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oSFYxDGKy8