PDA

View Full Version : Article Ray Lewis: Super Bowl blackout was no accident

Atlanta Dan
09-01-2013, 09:07 AM
A preview of the insightful analysis Ray Lewis will be providing on ESPN this fall:doh:

Ray Lewis: ‘You cannot tell me’ Super Bowl blackout was an accident

The Baltimore Ravens led by 22 when the lights went out in the Superdome during Super Bowl XLVII. Ray Lewis is convinced that bizarre occurrence was far from a coincidence.

On the Ravens’ “America’s Game” documentary, Lewis hinted without much subtlety that the power outage may have been a ploy to help the 49ers regroup.

“I’m not gonna accuse nobody of nothing — because I don’t know facts,” Lewis said, according to USA Today. “But you’re a zillion-dollar company, and your lights go out? No. No way.

“You cannot tell me somebody wasn’t sitting there and when they say, ‘The Ravens [are] about to blow them out. Man, we better do something.’ … That’s a huge shift in any game, in all seriousness. And as you see how huge it was because it let them right back in the game.”

http://nfl.si.com/2013/08/31/ray-lewis-you-cannot-tell-me-super-bowl-blackout-was-an-accident/?sct=hp_t2_a1&eref=sihp

I do not have any facts to accuse anyone but I am going to make s**t up anyhow

harrison'samonster
09-01-2013, 09:10 AM
with as many people out there who believe the NFL is fixed, he's going to have a lot of support.

Bane
09-01-2013, 09:32 AM
Considering it happened a year before that, and just happened again, I'm gonna have to go out on a limb and say this:

I have all the respect in the world for his career, but as a media figure, there are few I can't stand more than him. Aside from all the Bible thumping, now, he can't own up to the fact that he is the biggest reason the 49ers were able to come back and almost beat them. Vernon Davis worked him like a little leaguer for 60 minutes... But, somehow, a power outage is the reason they barely won.

Harbaugh must have rubbed off on this guy. Whining after a win. Please, get his guy off the TV.

jacobo
09-01-2013, 09:38 AM
nice to see him fit in with the rest of those whores at espn

Blacksburg Zach
09-01-2013, 10:11 AM
More brilliant insight from BSPN. :coffee:

Blacksburg Zach
09-01-2013, 10:15 AM
A preview of the insightful analysis Ray Lewis will be providing on ESPN this fall:doh:

Ray Lewis: ‘You cannot tell me’ Super Bowl blackout was an accident

The Baltimore Ravens led by 22 when the lights went out in the Superdome during Super Bowl XLVII. Ray Lewis is convinced that bizarre occurrence was far from a coincidence.

On the Ravens’ “America’s Game” documentary, Lewis hinted without much subtlety that the power outage may have been a ploy to help the 49ers regroup.

“I’m not gonna accuse nobody of nothing — because I don’t know facts,” Lewis said, according to USA Today. “But you’re a zillion-dollar company, and your lights go out? No. No way.

“You cannot tell me somebody wasn’t sitting there and when they say, ‘The Ravens [are] about to blow them out. Man, we better do something.’ … That’s a huge shift in any game, in all seriousness. And as you see how huge it was because it let them right back in the game.”

http://nfl.si.com/2013/08/31/ray-lewis-you-cannot-tell-me-super-bowl-blackout-was-an-accident/?sct=hp_t2_a1&eref=sihp

I do not have any facts to accuse anyone but I am going to make s**t up anyhow

Right, that had nothing to do with Stabby's inability to cover Vernon Davis or anybody for that matter. And it certainly had nothing to do with the Ravens' inability to stop the run in the second half. Nope, a power outage magically gave the 49ers the ability to play better football while making the Ravens play worse. If he's whining this much about a win, I would love to see how he would react had the niners finished the comeback.

Vis
09-01-2013, 10:44 AM
ProFootballTalk ✔ @ProFootballTalk
Ray Lewis doesn't think Super Bowl blackout was an accident http://wp.me/p14QSB-9g6B

Jed York ✔ @JedYork

@ProFootballTalk there is no conspiracy. I pulled the plug
9:29 AM - 1 Sep 2013

pczach
09-01-2013, 11:20 AM
This is the great football mind they want the world to know and listen to.

The media has always fallen all over this guy, and ignored all the ignorant things he has said over the length of his career. His bullshit may have resonated with the guys he played with on the field, but it won't mean a thing in the living rooms of NFL fans. He is worshiped by the player culture, but not by anyone else. He knows a lot about football, but with a microphone in his face, he shows he knows little else.

I'll have a hard time watching him.

GMU Steeler
09-01-2013, 12:17 PM
Sheesh even when you win, you're upset Ray. Don't be making up conspiracies when your team nearly choked on the big stage. Just be happy that you won and stop bitching. This guy was a great football player but he's annoying as hell as a person.

Blacksburg Zach
09-01-2013, 12:53 PM
Sheesh even when you win, you're upset Ray. Don't be making up conspiracies when your team nearly choked on the big stage. Just be happy that you won and stop bitching. This guy was a great football player but he's annoying as hell as a person.

Having a Harbaugh as a coach will do that to people.

GMU Steeler
09-01-2013, 01:00 PM
Having a Harbaugh as a coach will do that to people.

Yep whiny in victory and defeat, that's the Harbaugh way. I mean damn I respect what the Ravens accomplished last year but Harbaugh's a whiny ass.

Atlanta Dan
09-01-2013, 01:45 PM
The media has always fallen all over this guy, and ignored all the ignorant things he has said over the length of his career.

His bullshit may have resonated with the guys he played with on the field, but it won't mean a thing in the living rooms of NFL fans..

His bullshit apparently didn't resonate with those he played with either:chuckle:

Joe Flacco says Ray Lewis' speeches didn't make sense

"I love Ray, and I love how he always spoke from the heart, but if you listened to those speeches, a lot of them didn't even make sense," Flacco said. "He meant everything he was saying, but I didn't know what he was talking about 90 percent of the time."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000233157/article/joe-flacco-says-ray-lewis-speeches-didnt-make-sense

Bane
09-01-2013, 01:54 PM
Considering he stuck around two years too long, soaking up a valuable ILB spot (while doing his best to prove 'ILB' stood for "Inside LiaBility"), while showing his face in the media an increasing number of times to Bible thump and prove how much of a religious zealot he's become- all while having numerous paintings of himself in his gigantic mansion- I'm amazed at how many people still love this guy. Even Flacco said that Lewis spouted total nonsense in his speeches.

Flacco. The guy who spouted the nonsense that he was an elite quarterback.

If Ray Lewis hadn't been so good, Baltimore would have chased him out of town, and he would have either been a Raider, or never seen the light of day in the NFL again. I'm over Ray's act, and I wish the media was too.

pczach
09-01-2013, 05:00 PM
His bullshit apparently didn't resonate with those he played with either:chuckle:

Joe Flacco says Ray Lewis' speeches didn't make sense

"I love Ray, and I love how he always spoke from the heart, but if you listened to those speeches, a lot of them didn't even make sense," Flacco said. "He meant everything he was saying, but I didn't know what he was talking about 90 percent of the time."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000233157/article/joe-flacco-says-ray-lewis-speeches-didnt-make-sense

Affirmation baby!

So I'm not the only one that just hears rambling bullshit when he speaks, huh.

:rofl:

Lady Steel
09-01-2013, 11:05 PM
Shut up, Ray. Your time has come and gone, you delusional windbag. Bye.

Oh, and it's that time of year when I just have to say, "I hate the Ravens!" :laughing:

:sign02:

teegre
09-01-2013, 11:10 PM
I just fell in love with Joe Flacco.

Lady Steel
09-01-2013, 11:35 PM

:sissies:

SkipBayless69
09-02-2013, 01:59 AM
Considering the number of Superbowls that have been blowouts you would think there would have been a LOT more power outages in the past. 48-21, 52-17, 55-10 games with no power outages hmm. Makes you wonder.

Ray Ray also conveniently left out the fact that the Ravens gave up 172 yards rushing on 26 carries... isn't that primarily the MLB's job? I mean he did have one of the best DL in the league in front of him.

pczach
09-02-2013, 06:46 AM
Considering the number of Superbowls that have been blowouts you would think there would have been a LOT more power outages in the past. 48-21, 52-17, 55-10 games with no power outages hmm. Makes you wonder.

Ray Ray also conveniently left out the fact that the Ravens gave up 172 yards rushing on 26 carries... isn't that primarily the MLB's job? I mean he did have one of the best DL in the league in front of him.

As always, Skip, you make a lot of sense and great points.

Ray always has to make everything about Ray. Except when he's questioned about a stabbing. Then he has nothing to say.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v389/mack10290/Steelers/Ravens%20Suck/RavensRayRayJailPic.jpg

Buddha Bus
09-02-2013, 08:51 AM

Have you broken the news to Matt Elam yet?

The best quote of the article is, "I’m not gonna accuse nobody of nothing— because I don’t know facts” . Isn't the mere statement an accusation of some measure in and of itself?

Way to go ESPN. You really found yourself a deep-thinking and insightful analyst for yourselves right there. :doh:

zcoop
09-02-2013, 09:19 AM
:sissies:

Y'all are too much. :chuckle:

teegre
09-02-2013, 09:57 AM
As always, Skip, you make a lot of sense and great points.

Ray always has to make everything about Ray. Except when he's questioned about a stabbing. Then he has nothing to say.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v389/mack10290/Steelers/Ravens%20Suck/RavensRayRayJailPic.jpg

During a pre-SuperBowl interview, when Shannon Sharpe asked Ray about "those two dead people in Atlanta" Ray's response was disgusting. Ray stated, "If God wanted them dead, who am I to judge God's will?"

Yes, Ray, God told you to kill those guys. :doh:

Buddha Bus
09-02-2013, 10:00 AM
During a pre-SuperBowl interview, when Shannon Sharpe asked Ray about "those two dead people in Atlanta" Ray's response was disgusting. Ray stated, "If God wanted them dead, who am I to judge God's will?"

Yes, Ray, God told you to kill those guys. :doh:

And Ray actually understood the question?

teegre
09-02-2013, 10:03 AM
Have you broken the news to Matt Elam yet?

The best quote of the article is, "I’m not gonna accuse nobody of nothing— because I don’t know facts” . Isn't the mere statement an accusation of some measure in and of itself?

Way to go ESPN. You really found yourself a deep-thinking and insightful analyst for yourselves right there. :doh:

Re ELAM:
I'm moving to Utah. :wink02:

Re THE KNIFE:
Who is Ray to accuse ANYBODY of anything!?! Throwing stones at glass houses.

RAY: "I have no facts... at all... and I didn't actually research it, like an actual reporter should... but, God told me to kill those two -er- God told me that James Harrison turned out the lights."

GOODELL: "I'm going to fine Harrison, regardless."

teegre
09-02-2013, 10:05 AM
And Ray actually understood the question?

Yes... he had a little glimmer in his eye, like he wanted to kill Shannon Sharpe. (That glimmer was God telling him to do it.)

Really though, he had a shocked face... like as if he thought that that question was "off limits." And, I respect for Shannon Sharpe for asking it.