PDA

View Full Version : Willie Parker Signs New Contract

Man_Of_Steel
08-30-2006, 03:44 PM
http://www.postgazette.com/pg/06242/717645-100.stm

Awesome! He deserves it!!!

Froggy
08-30-2006, 03:52 PM
I'm curious about the financial side of the deal.

Petesburgh66
08-30-2006, 03:52 PM
14 million for 4 years (3.75 million signing bonus).

HometownGal
08-30-2006, 03:54 PM
I'm happy to hear the news! :bouncy: Now, Willie - earn that 4 year deal running every which way but loose over the D's! Please feel free to leave a cleat mark or two if you must. :cool:

nicesteel4life
08-30-2006, 03:55 PM
1 locked down few more to go, But Smart, get that paycheck before talks stop and the season starts
Are you listening IKE? Better hear it? IKE, ya need to get a deal for your best interest.

Froggy
08-30-2006, 04:02 PM
Interesting. I thought they'd target Ike before Parker.

But it's hard to second guess the SB Champs.

PisnNapalm
08-30-2006, 04:04 PM
That's good news. Willie deserves it.

SteelerFanInCA
08-30-2006, 04:10 PM
This is great news. Definitely the first step in retaining the core.

4n2t0
08-30-2006, 04:21 PM
Interesting. I thought they'd target Ike before Parker.

But it's hard to second guess the SB Champs.

They probably wanted to work Ike's deal first but double digit signing bonuses are hard to hammer out!

Midnightwriter07
08-30-2006, 04:28 PM
i think they needed to go ahead and get some other deals done since it is not going anywhere with IKE.. no reason to wait and is excellent news to hear for the Steelers and for Willie !!!!! Nice to see someone such as him get a chance like this !! is great, and maybe this will turn the heat up on Ike. no way should or is Ike going to get more than parker.. i think is a steal to get a guy who SHOULD have 1200 yards a year in rushing and around double digit TD's with some receiving yardage in there as well locked up for four years. Really, with some of the cuts that will be coming and a couple guys gone next year... this was a bargain i think.

SteelCityMan786
08-30-2006, 06:12 PM
Alright now. Good move. I want Willie in the Black and Gold as long as he is a good back. Way to go Steelers FO.

clevestinks
08-30-2006, 06:19 PM
A four year deal before he goes over the 1500 yard mark and wants more. Good Deal!

4n2t0
08-30-2006, 07:00 PM
i think they needed to go ahead and get some other deals done since it is not going anywhere with IKE.. no reason to wait and is excellent news to hear for the Steelers and for Willie !!!!! Nice to see someone such as him get a chance like this !! is great, and maybe this will turn the heat up on Ike. no way should or is Ike going to get more than parker.. i think is a steal to get a guy who SHOULD have 1200 yards a year in rushing and around double digit TD's with some receiving yardage in there as well locked up for four years. Really, with some of the cuts that will be coming and a couple guys gone next year... this was a bargain i think.

I got your general message, well said, but Ike will get more than Parker. An eight digit signing bonus is what we are looking at, if not with the Steelers then some other team. Sorry but I think Pittsburgh is going to shell out the $$$ or give him up. This year Taylor could play his way right out of Pittsburgh, if he has an outstanding year of course.

19ward86
08-30-2006, 07:02 PM
that is great thay willie is signed now he can feel like a leader and take the pressure off of porter, hines and so forth.

Midnightwriter07
08-30-2006, 07:16 PM
well of course another team can pay him all they want, i was referring to THe Steelers and i dont think they are going to pay or give Taylor more than they did Ward.. and i think Taylor should get right around what Parker did ..MAX.. the Steelers are not gonna fall for the Larry Brown syndrome so many teams fall into.. let someone else do it

sculleyd
08-30-2006, 07:32 PM
I'm happy to see Willie get locked up long term to a reasonable deal.

Question to consider: would you cut Deuce now, before the season, if it meant you'd have the cap space to sign Ike to a 5-year deal?

WWIIOwheelz
08-30-2006, 07:45 PM
Question to consider: would you cut Deuce now, before the season, if it meant you'd have the cap space to sign Ike to a 5-year deal?

Based on what I've seen, absolutely. Verron Haynes is da man.

tony hipchest
08-30-2006, 08:47 PM
this is out of the blue like last year when it was all about ward and hampton was suprised by an unexpected extension.

dont ask and ye shall receive.

this has to be looked at as a good deal. compare willie and last years rookie of the year, cadillac williams in their 1st year starting. we know caddilac is on a hefty top 5 draft pick contract. sure willie gives up an inch and about 10 lbs., but he lasted for 15 games. carnell only started 14. willie averaged more than a half a yard a carry more, on less touches. 1202 to 1178 yards. willie had 140 more yard receiving on only 2 more catches. willie has as much upside as any back in the league short of reggie bush. willie is nomore likely than any other back in the league to get hurt. just ask jamal anderson, terrel davis, or clinton portis.

and finally willie has less mileage on him than anyone else. he is ready to tote the rock! did i mention hes pretty quick?

WWIIOwheelz
08-30-2006, 08:57 PM
"There is NO substitute for speed" and.... "that boy is FAST!"

"Did he even get touched?!"

He deserved the contract, and he looked great in camp. The Rooneys rewarded him, and I'm proud they did, because he was huge last year & has only upside.

BlacknGold Bleeder
08-30-2006, 10:27 PM
Good signing at the right price...it won't break the bank. Ike is gonna have to play his way to an 8 figure bonus unless that butthead in Washington likes him... then he might get nine!!!