PDA

View Full Version : Interesting ESPN Article on Odell Thurman

CantStop85
08-30-2006, 06:25 PM
Usually, I don't post articles like this on a Steelers Board because I know most people might not care, but this one kind of struck me and I thought I would throw it out here. It's a lengthy article, but quite interesting. It's basically like a journal entry for Odell with insight on his mindset. He's an intriguing guy.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=fleming/060830

Livinginthe past
08-31-2006, 01:13 AM
That was an interesting article for sure.

The guy certainly isn't short of talent (when are people gonna stop making comparisons to Ray Lewis who has been washed up for sometime?) and I hope he is sincere about taking this suspension business seriously.

Its difficult to empathise wiith these guys - I find mysself thinking that they must be completely self-absorbed and/or dumb to ride so close to the edge all the time - missing tests etc.

He does need to ease back on his enthusiastic rating of his teams talents.

We've got a great team that can really do something like that this year. We're stacked at every position. Most teams this time of year are like, 'we need a quarterback, we need a running back, we need a safety.' But I can't name one position in that locker room that we don't have guys who are the best in the league at their position. This is a team full of Pro Bowlers.

Comments such as the above make you a real target - especially when it is so obviously untrue.

Best of luck to Odell in his rehab - well apart from week 4 of course.

NM

BlackNGold203
08-31-2006, 05:42 AM
I'm not buying it...he skipped the test because he was using...end of story.....

LOL..team full of pro bowlers.....:sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny:

stlrtruck
09-01-2006, 11:36 AM
It's an interesting article, just like when some of our draft picks have messed up off-field activities and have responded in a similar way. Maybe he has gone the straight and narrow.
BUT, I don't buy into the whole irresponsibility of missing a drug test. There's not a reason for it. I've got reminders on my calendar, and it sounds to me like he knew about it, that remind me of upcoming events. So now he's telling me he can't schedule his own life? That's not irresponsibility, unless your my teenage daughter, that's stupidity - just like being on drugs (as Mr. Thurman stated).

Only time will tell what type of player he is...trouble? or straight and narrow?

Jeremy
09-01-2006, 11:41 AM
Odell has one shot at this. One chance to get his life turned around before he becomes another wasted talent in a league that has seem hundreds of them.