PDA

View Full Version : Article Jim Harbaugh: Option ruling 'biased'

Atlanta Dan
09-06-2013, 07:35 PM
Both Harbaugh brothers are in mid-season form when it comes to whining:sofunny:

Jim Harbaugh: Option ruling 'biased'

49ers coach Jim Harbaugh didn't get his way. But Friday, he got the final word on the interpretation of what is a legal hit on a quarterback in the read-option offense, saying a league ruling was "flawed and a bit biased."

The subject has become a hot issue for Sunday's much-anticipated playoff rematch between the Green Bay Packers and host San Francisco.

In the NFL's weekly rules video that was sent to reporters on Thursday, NFL vice president of officiating Dean Blandino showed several read-option plays and spelled out when a quarterback who is in the act of running the read-option can be hit.

"The quarterback can be hit like a runner until he's clearly out of the play," Blandino said in the video.

On Friday, the oft-emotionally charged Harbaugh didn't hold back when he spoke to the media, noting that the league's competition committee said it didn't have the "the appetite to look at it any further. So that's where we're at."

"I believe that when a quarterback is handing a ball off or faking a ball -- in the read-option case, he's reading on an option play and he's as defenseless as a quarterback who's in the act of throwing," Harbaugh said.

49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick had a record 181 yards rushing in the team's playoff win against Green Bay in January. This week, Green Bay linebacker Clay Matthews said the Packers will try to hit Kaepernick to slow him down.

"One of the things that the referees have told us is that when these quarterbacks carry out the fakes, they lose their right as a quarterback, a pocket-passing quarterback, the protection of a quarterback," Matthews said Wednesday on ESPN Radio's "Mike & Mike." "So with that, you do have to take your shots on the quarterback, and obviously they're too important to their offense. If that means they pull them out of that type of offense and make them run a traditional, drop-back, pocket-style offense, I think that's exactly what we're going for. So you want to put hits as early and often on the quarterback and make them uncomfortable."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9642601/jim-harbaugh-san-francisco-49ers-calls-nfl-ruling-read-option-plays-flawed-bit-biased

Who knew? :noidea: If your QB is maintaining the option to run while he is reading the defense he can be hit like a running back:jawdrop: This ruling is clearly biased against teams that elect to install a read-option offense

Let's see how long these read-option QBs hold up if they get smacked 20 times a game

SteelersCanada
09-06-2013, 07:38 PM
If you don't want your QB to get hit often, don't run the read option. Seems fairly simple to me.

Blacksburg Zach
09-06-2013, 08:04 PM
Jim Harbaugh does realize he doesn't have to run the read option and expose Kaepernick to these additional hits, right?

Fire Arians
09-06-2013, 08:36 PM
don't make yourself a runner if you can't handle getting hit. ask colt mccoy what he knows about that (though he might not remember)

caplovestroyp43
09-06-2013, 10:30 PM
I wished both of the Harbaugh's would STFU already!!!! Dam, they are annoying.

pczach
09-07-2013, 06:23 AM
Is there ever a time when they are saying something, anything, that is not whining?

Holy shit these guys are amazingly annoying!:mad:

pczach
09-07-2013, 06:33 AM
Every time the Harbaughs open their mouths, they are whining to try to get their teams an edge by influencing refs, the league, or whoever.

It's like listening to a 5 year old girl begging her parents for a puppy. I just can't take it anymore!

:dualies::chair::bash::angrychant::hit::m16::ak47: :rocket:

Buddha Bus
09-07-2013, 07:43 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlIq_kYuhI0

GodfatherofSoul
09-07-2013, 02:49 PM
It looks like Tomlin will prove to be the correct one (between what he and Lebeau said about the read option). QBs can't exploit their special protection rules to set up runs anymore.

teegre
09-07-2013, 04:32 PM
The Harbaughs are essentially Lindsey Lohan: hot... at first. But, once their true color come out, all you have is a crazy, whiny b!tch.

SteelersCanada
09-07-2013, 04:34 PM
The Harbaughs are essentially Lindsey Lohan: hot... at first. But, once their true color come out, all you have is a crazy, whiny b!tch.

Winner of this thread.

Steelstoned1972
09-07-2013, 10:43 PM
Winner of this thread.

Yeah , such a douche bag . Frankly I hate em both. I heard Harbaugh tried to blame Nbc for why they didn't challenge the Welker catch. Whiny Bitch says it all ! :D

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

steelax04
09-08-2013, 10:25 AM
If it's not expliciting setting up for a pass I say they have no protections and are a runner. Just like if someone gets to the QB right at the point of a play action fake, they're a runner imho and don't have those special protections.