PDA

View Full Version : Profiles in Douchebaggery: Chapter 47

GodfatherofSoul
09-10-2013, 11:05 AM
Mini Harbaugh at it again...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000241468/article/jim-harbaugh-clay-matthews-took-cheap-shot-at-kap

Blacksburg Zach
09-10-2013, 11:17 AM
Kaepernick's not hurt, and the 49ers won the game. Why does he feel the need to complain about this?

tony hipchest
09-10-2013, 11:35 AM
Im with harbaugh on this.

Matthews WWE tactics legitimized Harbaughs pre game gripes and comments.

Atleast when James Harrison was our enforcer he kept it between the lines and only played to kill until the echo of the whistle.

Atlanta Dan
09-10-2013, 11:41 AM
It is who he is - Matthews talked about how he was going to be physical in the pregame chatter and Harbaugh fired back

Not all coaches return fire after an emotional win but some do:chuckle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7PbTNds7u8

I loathe the Harbaugh brothers but if either one of them coached the Steelers my attitude might change

OX1947
09-10-2013, 12:38 PM
Cowher went from talking smack like a boss to wearing Eye-Liner in music videos. Tragic.

teegre
09-10-2013, 01:34 PM
Thanks to that lip reading video, now every time that I see or hear Jim Harbaugh, all I hear are the words:

"I want cake!!! I want cake now!!!"

It's fairly accurate, btw.

mikegrimey
09-10-2013, 05:46 PM
I think Harbaugh is absolutely right about this. I thought the shot Matthews took at Kapernick was uncalled for and dirty. What's wrong with a head coach speaking up for his QB?

teegre
09-10-2013, 06:38 PM
I think Harbaugh is absolutely right about this. I thought the shot Matthews took at Kapernick was uncalled for and dirty. What's wrong with a head coach speaking up for his QB?

Harbaugh is the boy who cried wolf.

There might be a wolf... but, we've all tuned him out.

mikegrimey
09-10-2013, 07:10 PM
I actually don't, I'm super impressed with how he's coached his team the last two years. I'd argue the 49ers have been the best coached team in football the last two years

And even if you don't like the guy, he's right about this

He's just animated and enthusiastic, steelers fans didn't mind when Bill Cowher looked like he lost his mind screaming on the sidelines

MasterOfPuppets
09-10-2013, 08:38 PM
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/article/media_slots/photos/001/049/828/kaeplatehit_original.gif?1378677083

pczach
09-10-2013, 08:51 PM
That's a cheap shot boys and girls.

harrison'samonster
09-10-2013, 08:54 PM
yeah, it's a cheap shot. I don't mind Matthews jumping, I mean you'd expect Kapernick to try and get the 1st. But throwing his arm around him to tackle seems like a cheap shot to me.

Harbaugh though reminds me of Rex Ryan getting too much into the talking. Stop talking and coach.

GodfatherofSoul
09-10-2013, 09:44 PM
Yeah, the launch wasn't bad because you can see from the way Kap jukes to the sideline that he wasn't clearly running out of bounds. But, he definitely should've let up.

Confounding Factor
09-11-2013, 09:43 AM
Clay is still butt hurt after the 9ers routed his team in the playoffs last year.

Get over it braugh.

I'd kill for another Packers and Steelers SB.

Packers are probably my favorite NFC team.

teegre
09-11-2013, 03:52 PM
Clay is still butt hurt after the 9ers routed his team in the playoffs last year.

Get over it braugh.

I'd kill for another Packers and Steelers SB.

Packers are probably my favorite NFC team.

I want a rematch, so that Troy can have his vengeance. All of those Packers who were laughing at him will be crying themselves to sleep, after Troy has a "three INT" performance against the Packers in the SuperBowl.

mikegrimey
09-11-2013, 06:51 PM
^ were Packers players really laughing at him?

I didn't notice, and while I know FB is a competitive game, Polamalu doesn't seem to be the kind of guy people would laugh at

teegre
09-11-2013, 10:08 PM
^ were Packers players really laughing at him?

I didn't notice, and while I know FB is a competitive game, Polamalu doesn't seem to be the kind of guy people would laugh at

Alas, yes they were. Crazy, huh.

Likewise, it seems odd, considering that Troy is such a nice guy.

My guess is that Troy got the DPOY award, and many of the Packers felt that Clay Matthews should have gotten it.

caplovestroyp43
09-12-2013, 12:47 AM
I want a rematch, so that Troy can have his vengeance. All of those Packers who were laughing at him will be crying themselves to sleep, after Troy has a "three INT" performance against the Packers in the SuperBowl.

Me too! But we all agreed of all the stupid fan bases we up with in here, GB was very classy. It was a pleasure to have them here. :thumbsup:

Confounding Factor
09-12-2013, 06:27 AM
Me too! But we all agreed of all the stupid fan bases we up with in here, GB was very classy. It was a pleasure to have them here. :thumbsup:

And that has always taken me by surprise. All fan bases have their share of douchebags, but yeah GB fans were just classy.

Both teams just have a lot of tradition and because of that we respect each other.

teegre
09-12-2013, 07:16 AM

I agree: classy & good sports.

But, it irks me that those WRs were making fun of Troy's injury & laughing at him. Hence, my desire for a rematch.

Atlanta Dan
09-12-2013, 11:56 AM

My guess is that Troy got the DPOY award, and many of the Packers felt that Clay Matthews should have gotten it.

Yeah - some of the Packers players were miked - it's a tough game

Troy got DPOY for his 2010 performance before being reinjured in the second Bengals game in week 13 - he unfortunately could not cover anyone in the playoffs

GodfatherofSoul
09-12-2013, 12:37 PM

I thought he was overrated in 2010. He had basically 2 great games as I recall and was OK the rest of the season. But, the Super Bowl was something else.

teegre
09-12-2013, 01:00 PM
I thought he was overrated in 2010. He had basically 2 great games as I recall and was OK the rest of the season. But, the Super Bowl was something else.

Yep... not his best season.

I would gladly have traded that DPOY for an SuperBowl MVP award. Alas...