PDA

View Full Version : Chargers Choke Again

Atlanta Dan
09-10-2013, 11:46 AM
Up 28-7 with 5 minutes to go in the third quarter and the Chargers blow another game 31-28

These are tough times around here for now but in 2004 Rivers, Eli, and Ben arrived, with Rivers arguably going to the most talented of the three teams (definitely in terms of offensive firepower)

As he enters his 10th season Rivers has one AFC championship appearance

There are worse options than being a Steelers fan

Fire Arians
09-10-2013, 12:16 PM
that's what phillip rivers does

but he's one hell of a fantasy qb lol

OX1947
09-10-2013, 12:35 PM
Up 28-7 with 5 minutes to go in the third quarter and the Chargers blow another game 31-28

These are tough times around here for now but in 2004 Rivers, Eli, and Ben arrived, with Rivers arguably going to the most talented of the three teams (definitely in terms of offensive firepower)

As he enters his 10th season Rivers has one AFC championship appearance

Never been a big fan of "At least we arent {insert team}".

The problem with the Chargers is the culture. I live in SD and all Charger fans were saying last night during the game was "I hope the Chargers don't blow it". I believe if all those Charger fans had that thought, players probably do too.

teegre
09-10-2013, 01:32 PM
Never been a big fan of "At least we arent {insert team}".

The problem with the Chargers is the culture. I live in SD and all Charger fans were saying last night during the game was "I hope the Chargers don't blow it". I believe if all those Charger fans had that thought, players probably do too.

Yep.
My wife said after the Bolts scored their fourth touchdown: "Ugh... the Texans have us right where they want us."

I've seen so many Rivers implosions that it makes me realize that I am so thankful to be a Steelers fan.

Atlanta Dan
09-10-2013, 01:59 PM
Never been a big fan of "At least we arent {insert team}"

Fair enough - maybe I was too subtle.

How about this?

The Steelers have played in 8 AFC championship games in the last 20 seasons and played in 3 of the last 8 Super Bowls, winning 2 of them.

Fans who think they have a God given right to win every year do not appear to recognize there are 31 other teams in the league and need to have a big cup of STFU

:drink:

MasterOfPuppets
09-10-2013, 02:58 PM
Fair enough - maybe I was too subtle.

How about this?

The Steelers have played in 8 AFC championship games in the last 20 seasons and played in 3 of the last 8 Super Bowls, winning 2 of them.

Fans who think they have a God given right to win every year do not appear to recognize there are 31 other teams in the league and need to have a big cup of STFU

:drink:
quotes from Vince Lombardi
• “Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.”
• “Show me a good loser, and I’ll show you a loser.”
• “Winning isn’t everything, it’s the only thing.”

Atlanta Dan
09-10-2013, 03:36 PM
quotes from Vince Lombardi
• “Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.”
• “Show me a good loser, and I’ll show you a loser.”
• “Winning isn’t everything, it’s the only thing.”

Unlike Saint Vince the Steelers cannot quit when they see the team is about to enter a down cycle

Amazing how he was tired of coaching an aging Packers team after 1967 and was back coaching with the Redskins in 1969

silver & black
09-10-2013, 04:02 PM
Gee..... that's too bad. :chuckle:

Buddha Bus
09-10-2013, 04:06 PM

THESE READINGS ARE OFF THE CHARTS, WITH THE WISECRACKS AND FLAVIN!

http://img.wonkette.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/sarcasm01.jpg

Atlanta Dan
09-10-2013, 04:13 PM

It's a league rule - only one team at a time is allowed to blow off a season

That space has been occupied:wink02:

NSMaster56
09-10-2013, 05:27 PM

Bwahahaha.

I like how you suggest that being a Steelers fan was an option.

Wait, I mean tee hee hee! :chuckle:

Buddha Bus
09-10-2013, 05:28 PM
Phillip Rivers= AFC Tony Romo (without the great fantasy stats nowadays)