PDA

View Full Version : What are the chances we'll go with only 2 QB's?

Texasfan
08-31-2006, 02:39 PM
I can't seem to see anything good about the 2 rookies.

Haiku_Dirtt
08-31-2006, 02:44 PM
80% chance we go with 2...what ever that means.

wadester47
08-31-2006, 02:51 PM
The Steelers might do that, I really don't see them putting themselves out there for a maybe or a back up , back up. I mean we always have Hines to fall back on.

Froggy
08-31-2006, 03:09 PM
There's always a chance Boyd sticks with the practice squad.

LambertIsGod58
08-31-2006, 04:04 PM
keep Boyd on the practice squad sounds good to me....We can always bring him up if we needed to .

83-Steelers-43
08-31-2006, 04:10 PM
I'm going with a 78% chance and putting Jacobs on the PS. Personally, I'd rather have Jacobs over Boyd. I've seen enough of Boyd these last three games and while Jacobs has not looked much better, I believe he could turn into a solid/good #2 in the future.

Froggy
08-31-2006, 05:09 PM
You can go with either one. Personally, I think we'll be looking for a quaterback to draft next April anyway. I think Boyd has more upside than Jacobs. That's just a amatuer observation though.

19ward86
08-31-2006, 05:16 PM
we face too many injuries kinda doubtful.

SteelerFanInCA
08-31-2006, 05:29 PM
There is a good possiblity that could happen. I would at least like to see us keep one of those guys on the practice squad.

Midnightwriter07
08-31-2006, 05:52 PM
Our offense is not complicated.. i say keep Boyd on practice squad..... bring in someone next spring to comete for back up job and future # 2

83-Steelers-43
08-31-2006, 09:15 PM
Like I said, I'll take Jacobs over Boyd.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
08-31-2006, 09:59 PM
I dont know.....I really thought Omar Jacobs was a steel for us.....He just doesnt seem to have what it takes....Maybe its because hes a rookie....I mean........the last rookie QB we had was Big Ben.....and he never really played like a rookie.........Maybe we are missing the big picture that rookie QB's are suppose to struggle and learn, not win like 14 strait games and win the superbowl in your second year......Maybe Omar is just an average rookie????

83-Steelers-43
08-31-2006, 10:04 PM
I dont know.....I really thought Omar Jacobs was a steel for us.....He just doesnt seem to have what it takes....Maybe its because hes a rookie....I mean........the last rookie QB we had was Big Ben.....and he never really played like a rookie.........Maybe we are missing the big picture that rookie QB's are suppose to struggle and learn, not win like 14 strait games and win the superbowl in your second year......Maybe Omar is just an average rookie????

You answered your own question. How do you know he's not a steal? Your putting Roethlisberger and Jacobs in the same sentence. That's just crazy. We are talking about our third string QB. Were you expecting this kid to come in and pass up Ben and Batch? Patience. Let the kid learn. I can't imagine the Steelers FO expecting this kid to take over the second string job in his rookie year.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
08-31-2006, 10:07 PM
im just trying to say that Jacobs is doing fine for a rookie Qb, and that maybe we are asking too much of him right now.....I think he should be our third string and hopefully trade bait in 3 years..

Texasfan
09-02-2006, 04:18 PM
I guess 2 it is!:busted:

Sith Lord
09-02-2006, 04:25 PM
HEY NOW theres always brian st pierre and touchdown tommy looking for work!!!!

HometownGal
09-02-2006, 04:59 PM
For the record, I am not at all comfortable going with 2 QBs for the simple reason that both Ben and Batch, especially Batch, seem to be plagued with injuries every season thus far. Not a good situation at all.

Livinginthe past
09-02-2006, 05:19 PM
Somehow they are going to have to get Omar jacobs onto the PS for a couple of years - its pretty obvious that he has talent but the Steelers F.O feel that he is a worse bet at this time than a free agent they could pick up off the street if it came to that.

NM

BlackNGold203
09-02-2006, 05:26 PM
You folks worry wayyyy too much...they will have Jacobs on the PS..and he'll be emergency QB every week

Midnightwriter07
09-02-2006, 05:50 PM
Well as long as both dont get hurt at same game we are fine lol ... we will always have an emergency QB or someone on the PS.. so doesnt matter to me.

Texasfan
09-02-2006, 05:54 PM
HEY NOW theres always brian st pierre and touchdown tommy looking for work!!!!

Why do you want to Jinx us! :dang:

Midnightwriter07
09-02-2006, 06:39 PM
St Pierre got let go by Ravens... wonder if they will bring him back or try to for the PS or if we will go with Boyd or Jacobs

SteelCzar76
09-02-2006, 07:19 PM
For the record, I am not at all comfortable going with 2 QBs for the simple reason that both Ben and Batch, especially Batch, seem to be plagued with injuries every season thus far. Not a good situation at all.

Exactly.

I think Omar will go to the P/S,....to be a worst case scenario option if neccessary.(coach is probably thinkin this too,......but who's to say another team does'nt sign him ? Dolphins or RatBirds)
I'm still in shock ,.....all this kid needs is a little time. He's potentialy a far better Qb than Batch has ever been. Madness

"Hail Caesar,.....Hail the Black and Gold"

BlackNGold203
09-02-2006, 08:08 PM
Again...why is everyone so worked up??

You HAVE to cut a guy to put him on the PS!!!!

Jacobs will go PS...and be named emergency QB...

RELAX!!

:cool: :cool:

SteelCzar76
09-03-2006, 10:23 AM
Again...why is everyone so worked up??

You HAVE to cut a guy to put him on the PS!!!!

Jacobs will go PS...and be named emergency QB...

RELAX!!

:cool: :cool:

Who's "worked up" BlackandGold ? This team will move on and be competitive. I just don't applaud lack of vision or insight on the part of anyone. Even this organization.

"Hail Caesar,......Hail the Black and Gold"

Elvis
09-04-2006, 05:13 AM
I guess we know now what the decision was and how it is going now that Big Ben has had to have sergory... IMAO... a bad decision just to keep 2 QB's...but lets not worry right BlackNGold?
God Bless
Elvis