PDA

View Full Version : Article NFL wants to curtail profanity

Atlanta Dan
09-15-2013, 02:43 PM
WTF? Further evidence of today's NFL

NFL wants to curtail profanity

Referee Jeff Triplette's crew, which worked the Seahawks-Panthers game last week, repeatedly warned players about profanities directed at each other and even flagged the Seattle's K.J. Wright for mouthing a loud obscenity at a Carolina player.

Technically, it was a taunting penalty, but the NFL Competition Committee recommended emphasis on such verbal abuse.

League VP of officiating Dean Blandino conceded Saturday to ESPN that officials want to curtail "actions [verbal or otherwise] directed at an opponent."

Blandino said profanity by itself is not prohibited, but where verbal actions are directed at an opponent, it's usually profane.

In light of the many scuffles that surfaced in Week 1 and this past Thursday night between the New England Patriots and New York Jets, more enforcement is anticipated.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9677361/nfl-wants-flag-more-players-using-profanity-games

The game may kill you and the league will wink at rampant use of PEDS, but no swearing G***ammit!

NSMaster56
09-15-2013, 02:45 PM
What a bunch of bullshit.

GBMelBlount
09-15-2013, 03:14 PM
eff that.

SteelCity4Life
09-15-2013, 03:41 PM
Like when taunting was called on cryboy Brady this year? The talking heads were ALL OVER that! I was like "what a dumb ass penalty. f**k Tom Brady!"

PeckerWood
09-15-2013, 09:26 PM
about fuckin time they cut out all this god damn profanity its turning the game into shit can't stand it when these mother fuck players use it.

it bad for these shit head kids who look up to these asshole players. you know what fuck em the players and fan who don't like it. fuck all these bitches in the ass if they don't like it.

damn isn't god's last name. :popcorn: :facepalm:

teegre
09-15-2013, 10:18 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GVCgTFw2Qk&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D6GVCgTFw2Qk&app=desktop

caplovestroyp43
09-15-2013, 10:32 PM
I don't think there is any way to curtail it. Football is an emotional game and trash talking is part of the testosterone (sp) wars. I think as long as they don't threaten each other with bodily harm or worse, let'em at it. Perfectly normal for men to swear like drunken sailors especially on a football field.

SteelerEmpire
09-16-2013, 12:01 AM
They should fine the networks for letting those words get through over the air (at least form a television viewers perspective). I heard a few players today use a "sailors tongue".

mikegrimey
09-16-2013, 02:28 PM
A Broncos player got flagged for something similar yesterday too
The call was taunting, but he didn't make any gestures or anything, it must have been cursing etc