PDA

View Full Version : Giants First Non-Horrid Team To Be In Trouble

Atlanta Dan
09-15-2013, 07:16 PM
Watching the Giants crater in the second half is like a potential preview of tomorrow night for a team with annual playoff expectations looking bad

Franchise QB who cannot do it by himself - check

No running game - check

Cannot score TDs inside the red zone - check

Bad special teams - check

Nobody off to great start in division - check

Fans with high expectations every year - check

New York papers will be brutal tomorrow

harrison'samonster
09-15-2013, 07:18 PM
that's because Coughlin doesn't discipline the players. He's too soft!

zcoop
09-15-2013, 07:19 PM
Watching the Giants crater in the second half is like a potential preview of tomorrow night for a team with annual expectations of playoffs looking bad

Franchise QB who cannot do it by himself - check

No running game - check

Cannot score TDs inside the red zone - check

Bad special teams - check

Nobody off to great start in division - check

Fans with high expectations every year - check

New York papers will be brutal tomorrow

Yep, Eli's just throwing it up for grabs and the D has been absent the second half. The press will be all over that ass tomorrow.

NSMaster56
09-15-2013, 07:22 PM
that's because Coughlin doesn't discipline the players. He's too soft!

He needs to remind them of the standard.

harrison'samonster
09-15-2013, 07:24 PM
He needs to remind them of the standard.

he's coached two teams to SB victories, beating a team that many considered one of the best ever at the time. But what has he done lately? Nothing. He's too old and his teams are undisciplined. Fire Coughlin!

Atlanta Dan
09-15-2013, 07:26 PM
he's coached two teams to SB victories, beating a team that many considered one of the best ever at the time. But what has he done lately? Nothing. He's too old and his teams are undisciplined. Fire Coughlin!

And Eli is good only because of what his father and brother taught him

NSMaster56
09-15-2013, 07:28 PM

He's just been riding Parcell's coat tails.

NSMaster56
09-15-2013, 07:30 PM
And Eli is good only because of what his father and brother taught him

The Giants win in spite of Eli.

His head to head record vs. Peyton and Rodgers isn't good.

And when he throws more than 40 passes his record is terrible.

harrison'samonster
09-15-2013, 07:35 PM
they'd be ok if it weren't for those meddling Mara's, who insist on living in the past. Two SB's in the last 6 years! They should have won more than that. And that GM just doesn't know talent when he see's it. They'll be trash for the next decade or so.

PeckerWood
09-15-2013, 09:11 PM

So Bill Cowher can take over as headcoach.:wave:

sw04ca
09-16-2013, 01:49 PM
It was the defence built by... I want to say Jim Fassel?

Anyways, it was that defence that was keeping them in it. Coughlin is and has always been the worst. And whatnot.

fansince'76
09-16-2013, 01:59 PM

He's just been riding Parcell's coat tails.

I was going to interject with the inevitable "George Seifert/Tom Flores" parallels, but that pretty much covers it too.

NSMaster56
09-16-2013, 07:05 PM
It was the defence built by... I want to say Jim Fassel.

Spags (Steve Spagnulo... sp? Spagnuolo?)

Afterward it was Perry Fewell, I think.

When Parcells coached I believe it was Belichick or Crennel.

Atlanta Dan
09-16-2013, 07:12 PM
Spags (Steve Spagnulo... sp? Spagnuolo?)

Afterward it was Perry Fewell, I think.

When Parcells coached I believe it was Belichick or Crennel.

Belichick was DC for the 1986 and 1990 Giants Super Bowl champs

NyGiantz
09-16-2013, 11:57 PM
The sky isn't falling for the true believers. But we got major problems so far. The running game is non existant and Eli is forcing the action, causing far far too many turnovers. But I still believe and have faith in my team I don't know how fans of their teams give up so quick it pisses me off.

aa14
09-17-2013, 12:26 AM
I think the Giants have a far better chance of making a splash in the post season than the Steelers do and it's not even close. Eli will right the ship, you'll see.

Atlanta Dan
09-17-2013, 12:32 AM
I think the Giants have a far better chance of making a splash in the post season than the Steelers do and it's not even close. .

That is like saying you regard a woman to be more sexually attractive than Paula Deen - it may be true while not being desirable

aa14
09-17-2013, 12:34 AM
That is like saying you regard a woman to be more sexually attractive than Paula Deen - it may be true while not being desirable

You equate the Steelers /w Paula Deen's attractiveness? Ouch, man. That's being just a little harsh on them. :tt:

Atlanta Dan
09-17-2013, 12:41 AM
You equate the Steelers /w Paula Deen's attractiveness? Ouch, man. That's being just a little harsh on them. :tt:

Have you watched the Steelers this year:noidea:

NyGiantz
09-17-2013, 02:30 AM
Two games fellas, two games. There is not a chance in hell either the Giants or Steelers play the way they have. Far too much talent, pride, and winning players on both sides. If we went 0-4 then I would say panic time.