PDA

View Full Version : 21st century football

GodfatherofSoul
09-15-2013, 09:17 PM
Where games are stopped for weather :noidea:

harrison'samonster
09-15-2013, 09:20 PM
Where games are stopped for weather :noidea:

it's for the lightning, they've always done that.

by the way, tomorrow Ray Lewis will say this lightning was just a little too coincidental and maybe the NFL had some part in producing it at just the right moment. Then he'll stab the closest person to him.

PeckerWood
09-15-2013, 09:37 PM

by the way, tomorrow Ray Lewis will say this lightning was just a little too coincidental and maybe the NFL had some part in producing it at just the right moment. Then he'll stab the closest person to him.

yes they do, the NFL call up the military the military flies a couple of planes over the area dumps chemicals in the atmosphere presto in afew hours you got lighting.

the NFL get more TV time with more TV time more commercials more commercials the NFL makes more money.

and don't be messing with my lead skull cap. :mad:

NSMaster56
09-15-2013, 09:51 PM
The game was stopped so America can watch Breaking Bad.

GodfatherofSoul
09-16-2013, 12:02 AM

We played the Dolphins in a friggin' hurricane

SteelCityMom
09-16-2013, 10:44 AM
We played the Dolphins in a friggin' hurricane

That was just a rain storm. Lightning storms are different though. They even clear the stands so no one gets struck. Stadiums can kind of be big metal antennas.

Atlanta Dan
09-16-2013, 11:48 AM
That was just a rain storm. Lightning storms are different though. They even clear the stands so no one gets struck. Stadiums can kind of be big metal antennas.

I remember a Steelers exhibition game against the College All-Stars in the mid-1970s getting called off mid-way through for a storm but never recall a real game getting stopped for weather until recent years

Not saying improved safety is not important (although actually getting a SEC, Big 10, or NFL crowd under cover is dubious) - just do not recall it happening before

Safety First (unless it impacts the bottom line - let's see how much of a hit NBC's ratings took with the hour delay)

SteelCityMom
09-16-2013, 03:14 PM
I know it's common in baseball. I honestly don't recall any other lightning delays in the NFL, but it's similar rules.

Lightning and impending hurricanes, tornadoes, or terrorist attacks are about the only thing that will delay/postpone an NFL game though.

Wasn't the Ravens/Broncos game delayed because of lightning too?