PDA

View Full Version : Boldin getting exposed tonight

GodfatherofSoul
09-15-2013, 11:06 PM
The guy simply can't handle a physical corner. Anyone who's strong enough to get up on him and keep him from shoving off will shut him down.

steve314
09-15-2013, 11:53 PM
The guy simply can't handle a physical corner. Anyone who's strong enough to get up on him and keep him from shoving off will shut him down.

Would be nice to have CBs as good as Seattle's.

Atlanta Dan
09-15-2013, 11:59 PM

Few if any teams do - Sherman is astonishingly good

Seattle showed the kind of physical dominance on both sides of the ball that the Steelers have not had since 2004-2005

steve314
09-16-2013, 12:13 AM
Tonight's game wasn't the best ever, but it's nice to see that a defensive team can still be successful in the NFL despite all of the rule changes favoring the offense.

sw04ca
09-16-2013, 12:45 PM
Boldin? Maybe. He certainly does have more trouble with the big physical corners. Just look at the night and day difference in the AFC championship game after Talib came out.

I'd be more worried about Kaepernick though. He couldn't make any throws last night unless they were dump-offs to a back. Vernon Davis is a powerful weapon who should have been racking up the yards against the safeties and linebackers of the Seahawks. Instead, he was pretty quiet.

mikegrimey
09-16-2013, 01:26 PM
Boldin? Maybe. He certainly does have more trouble with the big physical corners. Just look at the night and day difference in the AFC championship game after Talib came out.

I'd be more worried about Kaepernick though. He couldn't make any throws last night unless they were dump-offs to a back. Vernon Davis is a powerful weapon who should have been racking up the yards against the safeties and linebackers of the Seahawks. Instead, he was pretty quiet.

Seattle probably has the best secondary in the league and I'm sure they specifically targeted Davis in their game plan.

As for Boldin, he doesn't have a lot of speed and has to rely on being physical and running crisp routes to get open, Sherman, who's much younger and more athletic than him, is an awful matchup for him.

Wasn't a good game for the 9ers, but I don't think they'll have a harder game all year, Seattle is a tough place to play and theHawks might have the best D in the league.

fansince'76
09-16-2013, 01:36 PM

The Seahawks (and the 49ers as well) definitely need to make the most of their "window" with all those talented young players they have, because eventually they're going to have to pay the piper as those players will be coming up for those extremely expensive second contracts. I sincerely doubt Richard Sherman is going to continue to play for a $465K base salary and as a top-3 safety, I also doubt Earl Thomas is going to stay at a salary level of just over $2 mil a season as well. Both teams are going to be forced to make tough personnel choices in the next 2-3 seasons. They can ask the Steelers and Ravens how that works.

sw04ca
09-16-2013, 02:09 PM
Seattle probably has the best secondary in the league and I'm sure they specifically targeted Davis in their game plan.

As for Boldin, he doesn't have a lot of speed and has to rely on being physical and running crisp routes to get open, Sherman, who's much younger and more athletic than him, is an awful matchup for him.

Wasn't a good game for the 9ers, but I don't think they'll have a harder game all year, Seattle is a tough place to play and theHawks might have the best D in the league.
I agree that Seattle has an unbelievable secondary, but a guy with Davis' size and speed should be able to catch a few balls unless they're manning him up with two guys that can run with him every play.

JonM229
09-16-2013, 02:15 PM
Both teams are going to be forced to make tough personnel choices in the next 2-3 seasons. They can ask the Steelers and Ravens how that works.

It doesn't

mikegrimey
09-16-2013, 06:59 PM
I agree that Seattle has an unbelievable secondary, but a guy with Davis' size and speed should be able to catch a few balls unless they're manning him up with two guys that can run with him every play.

Yea it was a bad game for their offense, I'd expect them to try and get more favourable matchup a for Davis in their next game
Unfortunately they're pretty thin at WR and could use a true #1 to command double teams or take the top off

Totally agree about the hawks and 9ers needing to capture their window
If the 9wrs don't win a SB they're going to view this era like we did the 90s, so many missed opportunities with stacked teams--they've got to be livid that they missed the SB one year due to 2 special teams fumbles and blew a SB the next against a team they matched up great with

NSMaster56
09-16-2013, 09:11 PM
The Seahawks at the CLink are like Mike Tyson at the end of 'Punchout'.

Unbeatable.

SkipBayless69
09-26-2013, 09:01 PM
The Seahawks at the CLink are like Mike Tyson at the end of 'Punchout'.

Unbeatable.

That's because no offense can hear their signals.

Artificially enhanced sound in their half-dome.

The Seahawks should be hit with a 15 yard penalty every time it gets over 100 decibels.

Atlanta Dan
09-26-2013, 09:08 PM

The Seahawks should be hit with a 15 yard penalty every time it gets over 100 decibels.

Why the Seahawks hate?:chuckle:

FYI the Seahawks Superbowl champs odds that were at 8-1 preseason when I bet them have dropped to 17-4:drink:

tony hipchest
09-26-2013, 09:22 PM
Court land Finnegan is a pretty physical corner.

Not exposing boldin

NSMaster56
09-26-2013, 09:56 PM

Yeah, it's pretty awesome.

Every other team should be so smart as to have a distinct 'home field advantage'.

Heinz is known for its terrible turf, Miami for its heat, Lambeau for the cold, Gillette for its state of the art tape recording systems.

Makes the game more fun.

tony hipchest
09-26-2013, 10:20 PM
Lol... 100 decibels is freaking weak. That is NBA, rock concert, jet plane shit.

If the NFL wants 100 decibels they can go play in Japan.