PDA

View Full Version : QB Troy Brown

hardwork
08-31-2006, 10:43 PM
Troy Brown stepped in at QB for the Patriots tonight and will be listed as either the emergency QB or the number two QB. New England will carry Brady, Cassel, and now Troy Brown at that position.

tony hipchest
08-31-2006, 10:55 PM
Troy Brown stepped in at QB for the Patriots tonight and will be listed as either the emergency QB or the number two QB. New England will carry Brady, Cassel, and now Troy Brown at that position.thats cool. he better get to practicing drop kicking extra points. maybe he can throw a td in a sb some day like the great randel el. i cant wait to see him in action!

oops. i forgot to say lol!!!

Froggy
09-01-2006, 12:14 AM
So?

I care more about who's going to be the #2 in Arizona.

Livinginthe past
09-01-2006, 07:51 AM
Apparently he will be the emergency answer should Brady and Cassell both go down in the same game.

Of course , should that happen they'd sign a vet before the next game - but its comforting to know that BB is always one-step ahead of the game.

NM

BlackNGold203
09-01-2006, 07:57 AM
Apparently he will be the emergency answer should Brady and Cassell both go down in the same game.

Of course , should that happen they'd sign a vet before the next game - but its comforting to know that BB is always one-step ahead of the game.

NM

If troy brown is that "one step ahead"....then BB just stepped in a pile of dog crap....

Livinginthe past
09-01-2006, 08:00 AM
If troy brown is that "one step ahead"....then BB just stepped in a pile of dog crap....

I see.

So you dont think it was a good idea to test out an emergency back-up when you are probably only going to carry 2 QB's on the roster?

Maybe you have a better idea of someone on the Patriots roster who would be better suited to this role?

NM

BlackNGold203
09-01-2006, 08:02 AM
I see.

So you dont think it was a good idea to test out an emergency back-up when you are probably only going to carry 2 QB's on the roster?

Maybe you have a better idea of someone on the Patriots roster who would be better suited to this role?

NM

or..you could do what most teams do...carry a 3rd QB on the practice squad.....

nawww....BB is ahead of the curve...its best to just wing it.....

Livinginthe past
09-01-2006, 08:07 AM
or..you could do what most teams do...carry a 3rd QB on the practice squad.....

nawww....BB is ahead of the curve...its best to just wing it.....

Erm - maybe you aren't understanding what the situation is here.

Troy Brown will be a member of the 53 who is the Emergency Back-up - should Brady and Cassel go down in the same game then he would have to fill in for the remainder of that game.

There would be no point carrying a 3rd QB on the practice squad as he would not be eligible to play in that game.

NM

BlackNGold203
09-01-2006, 08:21 AM
Erm - maybe you aren't understanding what the situation is here.

Troy Brown will be a member of the 53 who is the Emergency Back-up - should Brady and Cassel go down in the same game then he would have to fill in for the remainder of that game.

There would be no point carrying a 3rd QB on the practice squad as he would not be eligible to play in that game.

NM

A team can name an emergency QB (usually the practice squad guy...unless you dont have one...ala BB). This emergency QB does not count against the 53 man list eligible for the game. He can only enter the game if the first 2 QB's are injured...

so..as you can see...having an emergency QB on your practice squad DOES NOT affect your 53 man dress list for any particular game...

NFL rules..read them..learn them...live them....:cool: :cool:

lamberts-lost-tooth
09-01-2006, 08:52 AM

NM

Lack of veteran QB OK with coach, GM
By Kevin Acee
UNION-TRIBUNE STAFF WRITER

August 30, 2006

"......Both Smith and Schottenheimer said the team might go with two quarterbacks. Schottenheimer said long-snapper Dave Binn would be his emergency QB in that case. The fact is, just five teams used three quarterbacks last season.

Teams do sometimes forgo having a third quarterback. Indianapolis and Denver did so last season. Denver's backup, Bradlee Van Pelt, was in his second season and had never thrown an NFL pass......."

Yea...BB is one step ahead of.....? His originality is overwhelming.

Livinginthe past
09-01-2006, 08:56 AM
A team can name an emergency QB (usually the practice squad guy...unless you dont have one...ala BB). This emergency QB does not count against the 53 man list eligible for the game. He can only enter the game if the first 2 QB's are injured...

so..as you can see...having an emergency QB on your practice squad DOES NOT affect your 53 man dress list for any particular game...

NFL rules..read them..learn them...live them....:cool: :cool:

Hmmmm yeah just read up on that.

Apparently though , the first two QB's dont have to be injured for an emergency QB to take the field.

If that really is the case, I cannot comtemplate BB not having a QB on the pratice roster - it would be completely illogical.

NM

Froggy
09-01-2006, 10:06 AM
Again.....who cares.

Livinginthe past
09-01-2006, 10:32 AM
Is that what you are going to bring to this forum 'Froggy'?

Its not like I even care what your opinion is, but I dont feel the need to keep repeating that fact on pretty much every thread.

If you aren't interested, then dont open the thread - its pretty clear what the subject matter is going to be.

If its Steeler-only stuff you want - there is a huge sub-forum marked 'Pittsburgh Steelers '

NM

HometownGal
09-01-2006, 10:46 AM
I see.

NM

Yes, as a matter of fact I do cubbie. :wink02: The guy on the left. Hell - Belijerk could then reclaim his "genius" title. :blurp:

http://www.uwmb.org/images/photos/2004_photos/hh_mascot.jpg

lamberts-lost-tooth
09-01-2006, 11:03 AM
Yes, as a matter of fact I do cubbie. :wink02: The guy on the left. Hell - Belijerk could then reclaim his "genius" title. :blurp:

http://www.uwmb.org/images/photos/2004_photos/hh_mascot.jpg

:sofunny: :sofunny:with a head that size..it may very well be Bill Belichick..Of course Romeo Crennell designed the hat...Mangini made the uniform ..and Charlie Weis is responsible for the boots, :sofunny: :sofunny:

Jeremy
09-01-2006, 11:09 AM
Hold up. Don't attack the guy for saying he doesn't care. He has every right to say he doesn't care. And guess what, he represents the majority of non-Patriots fans around the NFL.

Matt Leinart seperates his shoulder last night. That's a much bigger story than who the Boston Patriots third string quaterback is going to be. But when you open this forum, all you see is you and hardwork trying your damndest to make it into a Bsoton Patriots forum.

HometownGal
09-01-2006, 11:16 AM
:sofunny: :sofunny:with a head that size..it may very well be Bill Belichick..Of course Romeo Crennell designed the hat...Mangini made the uniform ..and Charlie Weis is responsible for the boots, :sofunny: :sofunny:

:sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny:

But.........that is Belijerk's rubber face. :busted:

lamberts-lost-tooth
09-01-2006, 11:46 AM
:sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny:

But.........that is Belijerk's rubber face. :busted:

...(AP WIRE) this just in...Bill Belichick not responsible for his face....
Documents uncovered as part of his divorce proceedings show that Patriots coach Bill Belichick cannot take responsibility for his looks due to numerous chin-tucks, eyebrow lifts, and at least one rhinoplasty.
In talking to Belichicks Plastic surgeon it appears that there is some question as to who should be given credit for the procedures,The Doctor states that he planned the surgery, performed the operations, and supervised the recovery. Coach Belichick was quoted as saying...yea, that may be true but since I have three superbowl rings and the title Head Coach, it should be obvious that I am a genious...and all credit for all things goes to me alone.
Further comment was declined due to the coach planning a 2:00 p.m press conference today with Former Presidential candidate Al Gore, in which the two shall explain to the world how they created the internet, found the cure for the common cold, and discovered a method to stop global warming

Livinginthe past
09-01-2006, 01:17 PM
Hmmm sledge hammer like attempt at sarcasm - can't say i've ever heard the one about BB creating the internet - well not in the last week or so anyway.

Also, its an NFL forum, if HW wants to post info about the Patriots then thats his business - if you want to read it, thats your business.

If CS85 wants to post about the Bengals then i'll more than likely read it, same as if Hawk posts about Seattle.

NM

Jeremy
09-01-2006, 01:52 PM
Nobody is saying they can't post what they want to post.

But you also have to accept the fact that some people don't care and aren't shy about letting you know about it.

lamberts-lost-tooth
09-01-2006, 02:23 PM
Hmmm sledge hammer like attempt at sarcasm - can't say i've ever heard the one about BB creating the internet - well not in the last week or so anyway.

Also, its an NFL forum, if HW wants to post info about the Patriots then thats his business - if you want to read it, thats your business.

If CS85 wants to post about the Bengals then i'll more than likely read it, same as if Hawk posts about Seattle.

NM

:sofunny::sofunny: :dang: :sofunny: :sofunny:
Dude..you are as dense as a sack of hammers!!!!
Some days I really enjoy the debates..others, its like talking to a pillowcase full of shredded wheat.

Livinginthe past
09-01-2006, 02:55 PM
:sofunny::sofunny: :dang: :sofunny: :sofunny:
Dude..you are as dense as a sack of hammers!!!!
Some days I really enjoy the debates..others, its like talking to a pillowcase full of shredded wheat.

Er ok.

Looks like you are the one has missed the point here.

Im saying i've heard the sarcastic, over the top, fake prasie of BB before - he created the internet, he cured cancer. etc etc

Just like how Tedy Bruschi rescued puppies from a burning car.

All you did by insulting me and having my comment go so far above your head, is make yourself look dense.

NM

ExtonSteelFan
09-01-2006, 03:13 PM
Er ok.

Looks like you are the one has missed the point here.

Im saying i've heard the sarcastic, over the top, fake prasie of BB before - he created the internet, he cured cancer. etc etc

Just like how Tedy Bruschi rescued puppies from a burning car.

All you did by insulting me and having my comment go so far above your head, is make yourself look dense.

NM

You certaintly don't have a problem insulting Steelers fans and the Steelers organization though, do you? You dish it out rather easily, but when the jokes on you, you cry about it.

Myself (and many others) find these jokes to be amusing. If you weren't so uptight maybe you could get a laugh out of it yourself.

Jeremy
09-01-2006, 03:17 PM
You certaintly don't have a problem insulting Steelers fans and the Steelers organization though, do you? You dish it out rather easily, but when the jokes on you, you cry about it.

Myself (and many others) find these jokes to be amusing. If you weren't so uptight maybe you could get a laugh out of it yourself.

Rep for you!

ExtonSteelFan
09-01-2006, 03:25 PM
Rep for you!

:drink:

Thanks dude

RoethlisBURGHer
09-01-2006, 03:43 PM
So let me get this straigt...Troy Browns is a WR,DB,and QB?Wow...a jack of all trades but master of none!

Livinginthe past
09-01-2006, 03:58 PM

There are plenty of Steeler fans that I get on with fine.

The ones like you who attempt to gain popularity by stalking me from thread to thread are the ones I have less respect for.

I mean what is it?

Some kind of man-crush?

You have 38 posts to your name - and I bet you are already way over double figures when it comes to posting inane crap directly to me.

Try spending a little more time posting about football instead of acting like some Johnny-come-lately have-a-go hero.

NM

ExtonSteelFan
09-01-2006, 04:09 PM

The ones like you who attempt to gain popularity by stalking me from thread to thread are the ones I have less respect for.

I mean what is it?

Some kind of man-crush?

NM

I'm sure there are plenty of other Steeler fans you get along with, but that's not the point. Either you missed the point once again or you conviently dodge it and twist the subject of conversation to what you want it to be. In this case, I'm suddenly a stalker for pointing out what a hypocrite you are. When I come to this forum, I look through many different threads and post where I have something to contribute. Man-crush? Don't flatter yourself.

I'll go over this once more so you understand. Your pointing out that by insulting you, LLT comes off as being dense. Well, using that same logic what does that make you? I've seen you post insults towards the Steelers fans and the organization as a whole (not everyone, but SOME), which is no different than what LLT did. Stop dishing it out if you can't take it in, it's simple.

EDIT: to further show how you change topics mid-stride is mentioning my post count in a thread that has nothing to do with them. Keep on the original topic Spin Meister.

HometownGal
09-01-2006, 04:22 PM

I mean what is it?

Some kind of man-crush?

You have 38 posts to your name - and I bet you are already way over double figures when it comes to posting inane crap directly to me.

Try spending a little more time posting about football instead of acting like some Johnny-come-lately have-a-go hero.

NM

You know I think you're just peachy, LITP, but loosen up those britches here. We're just being goofs and having a little fun at the genius' expense. Hey - you un-Steelers poke fun at our coach and players (Big Ben comments) and as long as you guys didn't cross the line of ignorance, most of us were OK with it. It's not like we're saying Belijerk has wild encounters with billy goats, water buffalos and baboons (though that may not be out of the realm of possibility :wink02: ) - we're just funnin' on him not being the genius he and you Pats fans think he is. Don't be a do as I say not as I do'er and lighten up! :cool:

Livinginthe past
09-01-2006, 04:23 PM
I'm sure there are plenty of other Steeler fans you get along with, but that's not the point. Either you missed the point once again or you conviently dodge it and twist the subject of conversation to what you want it to be. In this case, I'm suddenly a stalker for pointing out what a hypocrite you are.

I'll go over this once more so you understand. Your pointing out that by insulting you, LLT comes off as being dense. Well, using that same logic what does that make you? I've seen you post insults towards the Steelers fans and the organization as a whole (not everyone, but SOME), which is no different than what LLT did. Stop dishing it out if you can't take it in, it's simple.

EDIT, to further show how you change topics mid-stride is mentioning my post count in a thread that has nothing to do with them. Keep on the original topic Spin Meister.

Wow, you certainly are a determined critter - your percentage of posts relating directly to me continues to grow.

I can dish it and take it - unfortunately you barely register as a blip on my SF radar.

Take that for what its worth - this regurgitated drivel is barely worth replying to.

In fact I doubt I will in the future, maybe you can use your time more constructively.

Theres plenty of Steeler football threads just waiting for your fascinating insight.

NM

ExtonSteelFan
09-01-2006, 04:29 PM
Wow, you certainly are a determined critter - your percentage of posts relating directly to me continues to grow.

I can dish it and take it - unfortunately you barely register as a blip on my SF radar.

Take that for what its worth - this regurgitated drivel is barely worth replying to.

In fact I doubt I will in the future, maybe you can use your time more constructively.

Theres plenty of Steeler football threads just waiting for your fascinating insight.

NM

Spin away Spin-Meister! :sofunny:

Livinginthe past
09-01-2006, 04:30 PM
You know I think you're just peachy, LITP, but loosen up those britches here. We're just being goofs and having a little fun at the genius' expense. Hey - you un-Steelers poke fun at our coach and players (Big Ben comments) and as long as you guys didn't cross the line of ignorance, most of us were OK with it. It's not like we're saying Belijerk has wild encounters with billy goats, water buffalos and baboons (though that may not be out of the realm of possibility :wink02: ) - we're just funnin' on him not being the genius he and you Pats fans think he is. Don't be a do as I say not as I do'er and lighten up! :cool:

Quite frankly thats BS.

You want to turn a blind eye to all the childish stuff that plagues every thread when its perpetrated by Steelers posters?

Fine.

But dont bother lecturing me when I decide to do the same straight back.

NM

Jeremy
09-01-2006, 04:34 PM
You want to turn a blind eye to all the childish stuff that plagues every thread when its perpetrated by Steelers posters?

Pot.....meet kettle.

BlackNGold203
09-01-2006, 04:42 PM
I'm closing this thread..it's taking an ugly turn....

People, let's keep i mind..saying disparaging things about another team, player, or coach is one thing...saying them about another board member is unacceptable....

Take it to the Blast Furnace...or act civil to each other...you pick...