PDA

View Full Version : 49ers LB Busted For DWI/Pot/Pills

Atlanta Dan
09-20-2013, 03:10 PM
Giving new meaning to the term post-Super Bowl year hangover

Aldon Smith could be facing suspension from the NFL or the 49ers following an arrest on suspicion of drunken driving Friday morning by San Jose police.

No one was hurt in the 7 a.m. incident in the Silver Creek area, Sgt. Heather Randol said. Sources said Smith's car hit a tree.

Smith was booked into Santa Clara County jail on suspicion of DUI and marijuana possession, but was later released after posting $5,250 bail.

Marijuana and pills also were found in the car, sources said. Smith had a blood alcohol level of .15 -- nearly twice the legal limit -- and didn't have a prescription for pot, sources said. ...

Smith has 3 ˝ sacks so far this season, a strong start after winning the team's MVP award last season by setting a franchise record with 19 ˝ sacks. The 49ers' first-round draft pick in 2011, he set the team's rookie sack record with 14 that year.

"Every time as the years go on, I mature more and more," Smith, a Kansas City native, said in an interview last month.

http://www.mercurynews.com/crime-courts/ci_24140076/san-jose-49ers-star-aldon-smith-arrested-suspicion

Maybe Smith can save on air fare and do one stop shopping when he drops by the league offce to discuss off the field transgressions

He was recently was named in two lawsuits stemming from a house party he hosted in June 2012, during which he sustained minor stab wounds.

Smith's attorney, Matthew Conant, on Tuesday filed an answer to a lawsuit accusing Smith and former 49ers teammate Delanie Walker of firing illegal weapons and hosting a party in which two individuals were shot.

Smith's defense claims in the legal filing, plaintiff Ronndale Esporlas, who was a victim of a shooting, knew the dangers and risks he was taking when he attended the party.

(because anyone knows when you attend a party hosted by a NFL player the risk of being shot is always present)

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/49ers-aldon-smith-arrested-suspicion-dui-0

This is not some special teams scrub who did this - hopefully Goodell will not have to suspend James Harrison for too many games to send a message this sort of conduct will not be tolerated

tony hipchest
09-20-2013, 03:44 PM
why don't we overdraft all these great all pro players? Smith Hernandez Cushing...

Fire Arians
09-20-2013, 05:29 PM
damn hes on my fantasy team

Fire Haley
09-20-2013, 05:41 PM
ha ha ha

found with his foot on the gas crashed up against a tree at 7 in the morning with a DUI and marijuana charges

that must have been one helluva party

Atlanta Dan
09-20-2013, 06:04 PM
ha ha ha

found with his foot on the gas crashed up against a tree at 7 in the morning with a DUI and marijuana charges

that must have been one helluva party

By his standards no - nobody got shot or cut

Fire Haley
09-20-2013, 08:01 PM
to review....

He was headed to practice drunk at 7 a.m.

4 hrs later after his arrest he returned to practice to "face his teammates"

he had 19 1/2 sacks last year

Hornblow says he will play on Sunday, they won't discipline him

Good for my parlay!

pczach
09-20-2013, 09:16 PM
I'm sure this is all a big misunderstanding. A fine young man like Aldon wouldn't do anything to endanger his life, the lives of others, his career, or his team.........rrrriiiiiight.

Now get out there and get us some sacks Aldon!

Atlanta Dan
09-21-2013, 07:11 AM

Harbaugh is not going to risk going 1-2 by doing anything right away

Coach Jim Harbaugh told reporters Friday that he expects that Smith will play Sunday when the Niners host the Indianapolis Colts at Candlestick Park.

"I expect Aldon -- like today -- he'll be back to work and playing on Sunday," Harbaugh said. "I anticipate that, yes."

Harbaugh said that any potential discipline will likely come from the NFL.

"There will be consequences. There always is," Harbaugh said. "Good or bad, we all have consequences."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9698010/aldon-smith-san-francisco-49ers-arrested-suspicion-dui

But Smith is collecting quite a collection of alleged crimes

The latest arrest comes as the San Jose District Attorney's Office weighs whether to prosecute Smith on charges of possessing illegal assault rifles in connection with an unrelated incident. Prosecutors refused to comment on what impact the alleged DUI case might have on their decision.

Smith bought the weapons in Arizona, where they are legal, but allegedly failed to modify them to comply with California's stricter gun laws, sources familiar with the case said. ...

Possession of assault weapons is a "specific intent" crime, meaning the prosecution must prove that Smith knew or should have reasonably known the guns were illegal. Investigators had been looking into whether he purposely left California to buy the illegal guns.

http://www.mercurynews.com/sports/ci_24140076/49ers-star-aldon-smith-arrested-suspicion

http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site568/2013/0920/20130920_011935_Smith,%20Aldon%20(1)_200.jpg

tony hipchest
09-21-2013, 07:48 AM
I'm sure this is all a big misunderstanding. A fine young man like Aldon wouldn't do anything to endanger his life, the lives of others, his career, or his team.........rrrriiiiiight.

well possession is 9 tenths of the law which in this case means it was one of his " friends " and he will get off scott free. Maybe he was giving Michal Irvin a ride.

Meanwhile the steelers will suspend a SB MVP star receiver for a crucial game:applaudit: against championship caliber giants and lose a crucial game in the middle of a championship run.

Stupid Rooney's... don't know how to run a business but they sure know how to wreck a franchise.:blah:

Fire Haley
09-21-2013, 11:54 AM
I was watching some sports show and they said players get random drug tested once a year, between April and August

after that, nothing, unless you give them reason or are already in the rehab program

so basically once the season starts players can smoke all the weed they want, just don't get in trouble or draw attention to yourself

Atlanta Dan
09-21-2013, 12:23 PM
so basically once the season starts players can smoke all the weed they want, just don't get in trouble or draw attention to yourself

True that - remember how Santonio Holmes got caught in October 2008?:chuckle:

Officers said they smelled marijuana in the SUV. Officer Kusenko asked Mr. Holmes if he had been smoking marijuana in the SUV that day.

"No," Mr. Holmes told officers, according to the affidavit, "but yesterday I was."

Police said Mr. Holmes told them he had marijuana in the vehicle. He pointed out two marijuana-filled cigars, known as "blunts," in a vehicle compartment. Officers recovered a third blunt from a pack of cigars in the center console.

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/steelers-santonio-holmes-sidelined-by-marijuana-charge-618231/

Fire Haley
09-21-2013, 03:09 PM
I should start a limo service for professional football players, I will include a full bar and our local doctor will provide marijuana cards for the needy, charity contributions will be accepted for extra services.

Strip club to the bedroom, No Hassles, Guaranteed! - that is our motto.

$500 / hr

yes - we take PayPal

Atlanta Dan
09-22-2013, 11:30 AM
There has been a consensus reached that San Francisco 49ers linebacker Aldon Smith needs treatment for his substance-abuse problems, but he first must get through this weekend, active as a player, NFL and NFL Players Association sources said.

Smith is set to play Sunday against the Indianapolis Colts.

Smith, 23, was briefly jailed Friday morning after being involved in a single-vehicle crash around 7 a.m. in San Jose. He was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence.

League officials confirmed that under the collective bargaining agreement and the league's substance-abuse policy, the 49ers could not suspend Smith. Even though commissioner Roger Goodell has emphatically stressed that DUI violations are high-level concerns, he also cannot suspend Smith under the personal conduct policy because the most recent case still must be adjudicated.

Therefore, Smith's well-being is taking priority before any punitive measures are enforced.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9708209/nfl-san-francisco-49ers-want-aldon-smith-get-help

Ben should have told Goodell he was a sex addict and that receiving treatment needed to take priority over any punitive measures

steelerchad
09-22-2013, 07:33 PM
I just heard on TV after the 4pm games that the 49ers suspended Smith indefinitely and his locker was cleaned out.

Atlanta Dan
09-23-2013, 08:38 AM
Well Steelers fans I suppose it could be worse - consensus was Steelers were a middle of the pack team while 49ers were a (if not the) leading Super Bowl pick

1-2 and your sackmaster is going into rehab after Harbaugh let him play Sunday - if you could not suspend him do not let him on the field - this from Peter King

[T]he world will be watching this Aldon Smith rehab to see if Smith, and the 49ers, are seriously going to address a career-threatening problem, because there have to be legitimate questions about it after Smith played a full game Sunday....

I would not have played Smith Sunday were it my decision. I wouldn’t have abandoned him and let him go off to get in more trouble than he already was in. He would have been with the team all weekend—at Saturday meetings, on the sideline Sunday—but there are some things that are just more important than playing in a football game. If it sends the wrong message to sit a guy and pay him $230,000, so be it. I just don’t think it’s right to let him play.

One other thing: The next big issue on Roger Goodell’s agenda—and on DeMaurice Smith’s as well—has to be tougher penalties on DUIs. This isn’t a partisan issue. It’s potentially a life-and-death one, for the drivers and the innocents in their way.

http://mmqb.si.com/2013/09/23/aldon-smith-brian-hoyer-mmqb/?sct=hp_t11_a2&eref=sihp

GodfatherofSoul
09-23-2013, 10:53 AM
I don't understand random drug tests for non-PEDs. Well, I understand, but I don't think that should be their focus.

Fire Arians
09-27-2013, 02:39 PM
Report: Aldon Smith’s Leave Of Absence Could Devastate San Francisco’s Bar Scene

http://o.onionstatic.com/images/23/23695/original/700.jpg?5142

SAN FRANCISCO—With the 49ers outside linebacker entering rehab earlier this week, multiple sources expressed concerns Friday that Aldon Smith’s indefinite leave of absence would absolutely cripple San Francisco’s bar scene. “You just can’t replace a guy like Aldon,” said Mission District bar owner Hank Reynolds, adding that Smith’s dominant presence during two-for-one rails and taps night would be greatly missed. “You can hope that somebody steps up to fill the void, but our business just isn’t as shored up with an All-Pro drinker like that out of the mix.” Unsure when or if Smith will return, local bar owners reportedly expressed hope that the linebacker is able to return without missing so much as a beat and get right back into his position as the anchor of the San Francisco drinking economy.

:chuckle:

http://www.theonion.com/articles/report-aldon-smiths-leave-of-absence-could-devasta,34027/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=SocialMarketing&utm_campaign=LinkPreview:1:Default