PDA

View Full Version : what games are you watching today?

Pages : 1 [2]

ZoneBlitzer
11-24-2013, 11:28 PM
lol. That was a great game.

In other news, Manning still blows in cold weather.

He's horrible. This is no rivalry. It's a landslide for Brady and the Pats.

Atlanta Dan
11-24-2013, 11:31 PM
Epic choke by Denver

Peyton looked like Marty Feldman in Young Frankenstein shivering on the sidelines in his ninja head cap

patsfaninpittsburgh
11-24-2013, 11:43 PM
I'm not sure the Pats* have the weapons come back if the Donks go up another score.

What exactly are you not sure about?:doh:

Dumbass:rofl:

Atlanta Dan
11-24-2013, 11:52 PM

Ballsy move to show up when the game is over troll

teegre
11-24-2013, 11:55 PM
Welker has got to fair catch that. That's inexcusable. Collinsworth called the left footed punter thing all night long...though I find it hard to believe that it's that hard to field.

It's like catching a football thrown by a lefty: it spins backwards... and take a little while to get used to it.

PATS16N0
11-25-2013, 01:16 AM
So we learned that Tom Brady is the GOAT and Peyton Manning is an overrated, media-hyped, NFL golden child stat-compiler, who compiles better in September than he does in November.

In other words, we learned nothing new.

Just Brady and Belichick shitting on the so called "new AFC top dog" as usual, like Houston last year, and who the hell ever else the year before.

Bayz101
11-25-2013, 02:54 AM
Still haven't won a Super Bowl since spygate. :wave:

JonM229
11-25-2013, 06:06 AM
This was my second favorite Denver choke job.

patsfaninpittsburgh
11-25-2013, 06:06 AM
Ballsy move to show up when the game is over troll

Like....you know anything about having balls.:noidea:

Bayz101
11-25-2013, 06:10 AM
Like....you know anything about having balls.:noidea:

Go sit in that corner for about a month, and when you come back, try not to be so stupid. :wink02:

43Hitman
11-25-2013, 06:39 AM

We all know that you were beating your wife and kicking the dog until the Donks started pissing on themselves. So don't come on here AFTER the game and act all high and mighty. Punk ass troll.

White_Steel_Wolfe
11-25-2013, 07:32 AM
So we learned that Tom Brady is the GOAT and Peyton Manning is an overrated, media-hyped, NFL golden child stat-compiler, who compiles better in September than he does in November.

Just Brady and Belichick shitting on the so called "new AFC top dog" as usual, like Houston last year, and who the hell ever else the year before.

Nice for you to show up after your team wins but here are some neat little facts;
Denver still has #1 seed and still no SB wins for the pansies since spygate :toofunny:

In other words- gtfo:wave:

JonM229
11-25-2013, 07:51 AM
Go sit in that corner for about a month, and when you come back, try not to be so stupid. :wink02:

Don't any nice Pat*s fans visit here?

White_Steel_Wolfe
11-25-2013, 08:00 AM
Don't any nice Pat*s fans visit here?

I don't think there is such a thing in existence.

fansince'76
11-25-2013, 08:57 AM

Nine years and counting...

Atlanta Dan
11-25-2013, 09:00 AM

Yep - amazing how the Pats have continued to lose in the playoffs so consistently as the Top Dog - but if you want to win a regular season game Tom & Bill are your go to guys

Why Can't Tom Brady Win the Big One Anymore?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1495357-why-cant-tom-brady-win-the-big-one-anymore

I will continue to bet on the Pats in the regular season (I did not deserve to win that game last night getting 2 points, but sometimes life is unfair) and against them in the playoffs

NSMaster56
11-25-2013, 12:12 PM

Did we learn anything yesterday? Seriously.

Both teams played like their families were being held hostage. Neither could seal the deal in the last 20 minutes. Neither proved it could effectively stop the other consistently.

Peyton looked like an old man with a pace maker shoveling snow. Brady continued his flustered diva act. The Broncos secondary can't cover anyone. The Pats front 7/8 can't stop the run (what did Moreno end up with? 220 yards?!).

The only thing we learned is that John Fox is needed back ASAP, because Jack Del Rio is [still] an f'ing moron. Up 24 with a RB who is AVG around 4-6 YPC and he's letting Manning throw in the cold? Bush league.

The Broncos failure to stick to a conservative game plan up big proves not only the faults of the 'new pass happy NFL', but of Peyton's hubris.

Atlanta Dan
11-25-2013, 12:46 PM
Did we learn anything yesterday? Seriously.

Both teams played like their families were being held hostage. Neither could seal the deal in the last 20 minutes. Neither proved it could effectively stop the other consistently.

Peyton looked like an old man with a pace maker shoveling snow. Brady continued his flustered diva act. The Broncos secondary can't cover anyone. The Pats front 7/8 can't stop the run (what did Moreno end up with? 220 yards?!).

The only thing we learned is that John Fox is needed back ASAP, because Jack Del Rio is [still] an f'ing moron. Up 24 with a RB who is AVG around 4-6 YPC and he's letting Manning throw in the cold? Bush league.

The Broncos failure to stick to a conservative game plan up big proves not only the faults of the 'new pass happy NFL', but of Peyton's hubris.

Ron Jaworski was on ESPN mid-day and had the balls to call out the NFL for scheduling the Super Bowl in New York in February - New England turnovers blew the game open in the first half and Denver turnovers blew it right back - deciding teh game on a mufffed punt in single digit wind chill is not exactly a fantastic finish

Peyton does not like cold and wind - if Denver falls to a wild card slot (which I doubt since the Chiefs are being exposed) he better hope that first round game is in Indy - he is a 38 year old man who hates the cold and has lost significant arm strength

fansince'76
11-25-2013, 12:50 PM
Ron Jaworski was on ESPN mid-day and had the balls to call out the NFL for scheduling the Super Bowl in New York in February - New England turnovers blew the game open in the first half and Denver turnovers blew it right back - deciding teh game on a mufffed punt in single digit wind chill is not exactly a fantastic finish

Peyton does not like cold and wind - if Denver falls to a wild card slot (which I doubt since the Chiefs are being exposed) he better hope that first round game is in Indy - he is a 38 year old man who hates the cold and has lost significant arm strength

I have my doubts that Brees would fare any better in it. A cold weather Super Bowl outdoors is a football purist's wet dream, which makes it all the more perplexing as to why Goodell ever agreed to it without the caveat of having the stadium retrofit with a closing roof to begin with.

JonM229
11-25-2013, 01:27 PM
Super Bowl in Lambeau?

Atlanta Dan
11-25-2013, 01:57 PM
Super Bowl in Lambeau?

This year's game is a payoff to metro NYC for getting a new stadium built for the Giants and Jets. It gets sold as a corporate boondoggle because high rollers will not care about the cold weather site since they can afford to party in New York

If the weather is really cold it might allow folks in metro NYC to see a Super Bowl game since a lot of those in town for the corporate party may prefer to stay warm and watch the game on a big screen next to an open bar after selling their tickets

Agreed that getting classic dome QBs Peyton and Brees in New York in February could lead to some mediocre passing offenses

PATS16N0
11-25-2013, 03:57 PM
Nice for you to show up after your team wins but here are some neat little facts;
Denver still has #1 seed and still no SB wins for the pansies since spygate :toofunny:

In other words- gtfo:wave:

Typical of a Steelers fan to latch on to other teams like a parasite in some feeble effort to attack the Patriots.

"Spygate" "Spygate" "Spygate"

You guys are like one of those dolls with the chord.

Stick and stones will break my bones but laughable allegations from a team we OWN will never hurt me

fansince'76
11-25-2013, 04:58 PM

Stick and stones will break my bones but laughable allegations from a team we OWN will never hurt me

Denial ain't a river in Egypt (http://www.amazon.com/Spygate-Untold-Story-Bryan-OLeary/dp/0985467002#reader_B008PYP83C)

Like I said in another thread - win one without the cameras and then I might shut the fuck up about it. I'm sorry, but when the "GOAT" is bested on the biggest stage by "Gomer" Manning TWICE and outplayed badly by Moonball Joe in his own backyard in the AFCCG TWICE after the cameras were turned off, something stinks in Denmark.

MasterOfPuppets
11-25-2013, 05:03 PM
Typical of a Steelers fan to latch on to other teams like a parasite in some feeble effort to attack the Patriots.

and yet..

http://www.fistfulofsports.com/uploaded_images/SB40-Trophy-783247.jpg
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/235/978/NFL-Super-Bowl-XLIII-Cardinals-Steelers_crop_650x440.jpg?1274752347

Atlanta Dan
11-25-2013, 05:07 PM

Do you post on Giants boards too?:chuckle:

Buddha Bus
11-25-2013, 05:14 PM

Are you serious? That asshat has been my yard slave/dog for several months. I don't not pay him to think. He's dumb as a brick.

Thanks for banning him though. I need that bitch to winterize everything for me before it gets much colder. He won't be on here slacking off and showing everyone how stupid he really is. And the yard ain't gonna rake itself!

Confounding Factor
11-25-2013, 05:25 PM
This was my second favorite Denver choke job.
The first being a Broncos cheerleader.

You are a stud, Jon.

NSMaster56
11-25-2013, 05:47 PM

Yes, weather will probably decide the AFC.

About a month ago, some co-workers and I were discussing the lackluster AFC. The Pats and Colts are going to win their divisions by default and the North's best team has been destroyed by injuries (not to mention they're relying on a Dalton-Lewis combo).

The only conclusion that we came to at the time, and nothing has changed since, is that if Manning waltzes into the Super Bowl---and it's still completely possible---that we would then bet heavily against him in New York with those swirling winds.

That is the outcome I am hoping for the most right now. Who the Broncos play (Seattle, New Orleans, possibly Carolina) is irrelevant. Denver being favored in the February freeze of MetLife Stadium = [degenerate] gambler's dream.

GodfatherofSoul
11-25-2013, 06:09 PM
I think Peyton is getting a bad rap for that game. He threw the pass (not counting other drops) that would've set them up for the win, but Thomas jumped like an idiot and completely whiffed. And, the game was *lost* by Welker.

I just don't get the "Brady beat Manning again!" talk all over NFL network right now.

harrison'samonster
11-25-2013, 06:09 PM
Do you post on Giants boards too?:chuckle:

no, he spends most of his time on neo-nazi boards.

NSMaster56
11-25-2013, 06:16 PM
I think Peyton is getting a bad rap for that game. He threw the pass (not counting other drops) that would've set them up for the win, but Thomas jumped like an idiot and completely whiffed. And, the game was *lost* by Welker.

I just don't get the "Brady beat Manning again!" talk all over NFL network right now.

I'm annoyed by the Brady!-Manning! lovefest. It's not shocking, in general, but considering how the game went down neither deserves much praise.

The real stars of the game were Knowshon Moreno and Julian Edelman.

Moreno had over 220 yards on a creaky wheel. Edelman saved the Pats on three or more plays, including two big receptions/catches and a helluva PR.

But whatever. NQBL. :rolleyes:

harrison'samonster
11-25-2013, 06:19 PM
I'm annoyed by the Brady!-Manning! lovefest. It's not shocking, in general, but considering how the game went down neither deserves much praise.

The real stars of the game were Knowshon Moreno and Julian Edelman.

Moreno had over 220 yards on a creaky wheel. Edelman saved the Pats on three or more plays, including two big receptions/catches and a helluva PR.

But whatever. NQBL. :rolleyes:

very true, but the QB is the face of the team, and that's how the NFL makes its money.

Atlanta Dan
11-25-2013, 07:29 PM
Who the Broncos play (Seattle, New Orleans, possibly Carolina) is irrelevant. Denver being favored in the February freeze of MetLife Stadium = [degenerate] gambler's dream.

Peyton-Brees would be a dilemma - Brees is as much a dome QB as Peyton and few teams are so much better at home than on the road as are the Saints

Both QBs hate wind and cold

teegre
11-25-2013, 11:09 PM
Peyton-Brees would be a dilemma - Brees is as much a dome QB as Peyton and few teams are so much better at home than on the road as are the Saints

Both QBs hate wind and cold

Don't fret: the NFC representative is going to be Seattle.

They WILL get home field advantage. And, no one beats them at home.

43Hitman
11-26-2013, 12:32 AM

If it wasn't us, I could live with that. As much as their cry baby fans annoy me, I like the way they play ball.

teegre
11-26-2013, 12:48 AM
If it wasn't us, I could live with that. As much as their cry baby fans annoy me, I like the way they play ball.

I agree 100%.

Seahawks team: A+
Seahawks fans: F

Atlanta Dan
11-26-2013, 08:02 AM

I bet them at 8-1 in the preseason to win the Super Bowl but they are thin in the secondary for the Saints game next Monday night (which I am going to:thumbsup:)

Thurmond (4 weeks) and Browner (1 year) are both facing suspensions for non-PED drug use - Saints win that and Seahawks lose to the 49ers and the NFC road to the Super Bowl could go through New Orleans

PATS16N0
11-27-2013, 02:21 AM

That's because you're a hopelessly biased Patriot hater. Manning was pathetic. Brady was a beast. Manning was sulking like Jay Cutler on the sidelines. Brady was turning green and verging on becoming the Hulk after a TD pass.

You'll never get it because you just cannot stand Brady.
Why?

Well, that's obvious. He does things like wrap 55 points around your heads with a smile.

Galax Steeler
11-27-2013, 03:56 AM
That's because you're a hopelessly biased Patriot hater. Manning was pathetic. Brady was a beast. Manning was sulking like Jay Cutler on the sidelines. Brady was turning green and verging on becoming the Hulk after a TD pass.

Why?

Well, that's obvious. He does things like wrap 55 points around your heads with a smile.

:jerkit:

PATS16N0
11-27-2013, 06:25 AM
When Brady retires, I'll forgive all your blasphemy and bias with a simple "You know, PATS16N0, now that it's all over, and we never have to get crushed by him ever again, I just want you to know, Brady is a bad ass mother fucker and I'm glad I was alive to see him play. I'll tell my grand children about him."

Lady Steel
11-27-2013, 10:02 AM
Who let Hitler out of his cage?

JonM229
11-27-2013, 10:16 AM
Who let Hitler out of his cage?

I was just thinking, "I wonder what TAPES18N1 would think of Brady if he were black."

Galax Steeler
11-27-2013, 10:18 AM
When Brady retires, I'll forgive all your blasphemy and bias with a simple "You know, PATS16N0, now that it's all over, and we never have to get crushed by him ever again, I just want you to know, Brady is a bad ass mother fucker and I'm glad I was alive to see him play. I'll tell my grand children about him."

:coffee:

NSMaster56
11-27-2013, 10:32 AM

"You know, PATS16N0, now that it's all over, I just want you to know that the Pats finished 18-1. I'm glad I was alive to see that happen. I'll tell my grand children about it."

Lady Steel
11-27-2013, 10:52 AM
"You know, PATS16N0, now that it's all over, I just want you to know that the Pats finished 18-1. I'm glad I was alive to see that happen. I'll tell my grand children about it."

Boom! :laughing:

Buddha Bus
11-27-2013, 11:00 AM
When Brady retires, I'll forgive all your blasphemy and bias with a simple "You know, PATS*18N1, now that it's all over, and we never have to get ogled by him ever again, I just want you to know, Brady is a man-ass fucker and I'm glad I was alive to see him choke away that "perfect" season and not win another Super Bowl after Spygate. I'll tell my grand children about him so we can laugh at him together."

Fixed for accuracy. :thumbsup:

Fire Arians
11-27-2013, 02:34 PM
I'm tempted to change his name to PATS18-1, you know for accuracy purposes

teegre
11-27-2013, 05:38 PM
I was just thinking, "I wonder what TAPES18N1 would think of Brady if he were black."

His username would simply be NYJETS0N16.

teegre
11-27-2013, 05:38 PM
I'm tempted to change his name to PATS18-1, you know for accuracy purposes

Please...

teegre
11-27-2013, 05:40 PM

Why?

I know why we can't stand you: Auschwitz.

Buddha Bus
11-28-2013, 08:02 AM
I know why we can't stand you: Auschwitz.

Well, that and his stupid looking mustache.

http://i.imgflip.com/535p3.jpg (http://imgflip.com/i/535p3)

teegre
11-28-2013, 08:14 AM
Well, that and his stupid looking mustache.

http://i.imgflip.com/535p3.jpg (http://imgflip.com/i/535p3)

The Holocaust > Spider-man 3

Roach
12-01-2013, 09:43 AM
Guys, do we root for Cincinnati or Sandy Eggo?

harrison'samonster
12-01-2013, 09:47 AM
I say we've got to root for Cincy, we need help getting that 6th seed

NSMaster56
12-08-2013, 04:10 PM
Was stuck watching KC-WAS until 4:00 left in MIA-PIT first half.

Washington is soooooooooooo bad.

It was a doomsday of sorts for the Steelers: Jets manhandled the Raiders and Ravens salvaged a win vs. Vikes.

What was with fourth quarter Ds today? Browns, Lions, Ravens, and Vikes wilted worse than Steelers.

NSMaster56
12-08-2013, 06:44 PM
FOX just named Joe Flacco their 'performer of the day'.

He was 28-50 with 3 TD and 3 INT...

JonM229
12-08-2013, 09:01 PM
FOX just named Joe Flacco their 'performer of the day'.

He was 28-50 with 3 TD and 3 INT...

He did win his game, unlike some people.

harrison'samonster
12-08-2013, 09:08 PM
Was stuck watching KC-WAS until 4:00 left in MIA-PIT first half.

Washington is soooooooooooo bad.

It was a doomsday of sorts for the Steelers: Jets manhandled the Raiders and Ravens salvaged a win vs. Vikes.

What was with fourth quarter Ds today? Browns, Lions, Ravens, and Vikes wilted worse than Steelers.

I saw the end of that Browns game. I know a lot of people here don't like them, but I have family and friends who are fans, and for me it's a shame to see them lose that game like that.

They allowed themselves to be put into position to lose, but in my opinion the refs helped them out with a 40 some yard PI call that put the Pats on the 1 yard line for the go ahead score with about 1:00 left.

The Browns fought back though with very little time and tried a 59 yard field goal that was straight, just not enough leg. These guys are pretty good with a decent QB in there.

Atlanta Dan
12-09-2013, 09:13 AM
He did win his game, unlike some people.

This guy won as well without 3 turnovers playing in even heavier snow

http://media.cmgdigital.com/shared/lt/lt_cache/thumbnail/615/img/photos/2013/12/09/87/5d/NFL1.JPG

L. McCoy 29 217 7.5 2 57

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=331208021

Peter King appears to agree

Performance of the Year by a running back: Philadelphia’s LeSean McCoy, who ran through eight inches of snow in the greatest fourth-quarter performance ever by an Eagle back—11 carries, 148 yards, two touchdowns. How does he not slip when everyone else does?

http://mmqb.si.com/2013/12/09/nfl-week-14-monday-morning-quarterback/?eref=sihp

JonM229
12-09-2013, 09:38 AM
This guy won as well without 3 turnovers playing in even heavier snow

http://media.cmgdigital.com/shared/lt/lt_cache/thumbnail/615/img/photos/2013/12/09/87/5d/NFL1.JPG

L. McCoy 29 217 7.5 2 57

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=331208021

But did he lead a game-winning drive with 38 seconds left? Though I credit that last TD more to having Marlon Brown. Flacco needs tall receivers so he can just put the ball in the air and let them go up and grab it.

tony hipchest
12-09-2013, 09:43 AM
i couldnt even watch all of panthers/saints. i was all football'd out by that point and the game showed which way it was going to go halfway through the 1st quarter.

put in Zero Dark Thirty instead.

didnt even bother with gameday highlights.

gonna watch dallas/bears tonight, though.

bears will probably lose and aaron rogers will not be shelved for the rest of the season. i bet he's licking his chops at the prospect of a triumphant return at home and lighting up the steelers ass with the #6 seed (or even division title) on the line.

SteelCityMom
12-09-2013, 09:47 AM
But did he lead a game-winning drive with 38 seconds left? Though I credit that last TD more to having Marlon Brown. Flacco needs tall receivers so he can just put the ball in the air and let them go up and grab it.

Who needs tall receivers when your patented move is to toss it in the air and pray for a PI? :flap:

Atlanta Dan
12-09-2013, 10:00 AM

If it was player of the last 2 minutes I go with you - but they put up 7 points in the first 58 minutes during which he threw three picks

I was watching some of the last 5 minutes of that game and will note for the record that the drive to take the lead 15-12 featured the obligatory long PI call on a throw it up for grabs pass by Joltin' Joe:banging:

1st and 20 at BAL 46 (No Huddle, Shotgun) J.Flacco pass incomplete deep left to M.Brown (R.Blanton). PENALTY on MIN-R.Blanton, Defensive Pass Interference, 37 yards, enforced at BLT 46 - No Play.
1st and 10 at MIN 17

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/playbyplay?gameId=331208033&period=4

JonM229
12-09-2013, 10:04 AM
If it was player of the last 2 minutes I go with you - but they put up 7 points in the first 58 minutes during which he threw three picks

I was watching some of the last 5 minutes of that game and will note for the record that the drive to take the lead 15-12 featured the obligatory long PI call on a throw it up for grabs pass by Joltin' Joe:banging:

1st and 20 at BAL 46 (No Huddle, Shotgun) J.Flacco pass incomplete deep left to M.Brown (R.Blanton). PENALTY on MIN-R.Blanton, Defensive Pass Interference, 37 yards, enforced at BLT 46 - No Play.
1st and 10 at MIN 17

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/playbyplay?gameId=331208033&period=4

If Blanton hadn't interfered, there wouldn't have been a penalty.

Atlanta Dan
12-09-2013, 10:15 AM
If Blanton hadn't interfered, there wouldn't have been a penalty.

That is a fairly Zen like statement. Given the random nature of what passes for PI (PI in New England-Browns, not PI at the end of Panthers-Pats, while San Francisco-Seattle was called like a 70s Raiders-Steelers game) it is hard to say what is PI anymore. But you can bet at least one playoff game will be decided on a call/non-call

Flacco throws it up for grabs - it works for him more often than not but based on his number of picks it is hard to argue he is cagily putting the ball in a position where only his WR (or in the case of the PI call I saw WRs since 2 receivers were in the same area) can catch it

Bottom line is IMO being the player of the week rather than QB who engineered the drive of the week are two different things - Drew Brees carved up the Panthers last night but apparently did not have the foresight to screw around for the first 3&1/2 quarters

jacobo
12-09-2013, 10:16 AM
shady's the mvp of the league imo

JonM229
12-09-2013, 10:53 AM
Flacco throws it up for grabs - it works for him more often than not but based on his number of picks it is hard to argue he is cagily putting the ball in a position where only his WR (or in the case of the PI call I saw WRs since 2 receivers were in the same area) can catch it

He's definitely seemed less confident without Boldin and Pitta, which I think has had an impact on the number of INTs. Although, there were several of them throughout this season, where it's bounced off the receiver's hands and was then caught by a defender. The O-line has also been atrocious without Matt Birk at center. During Flacco's post-season run last year, he had all the time in the world to throw the ball.

Throwing the ball deep is great because there's only two outcomes: a completion or a PI call.

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-09-2013, 12:31 PM
I enjoyed some of RG3 and 10 playing. Better yet is his post game presser where he goes on about " what else can I do?"

There is no I in TEAM, but there are more than enough in Griffin. Still looks like Indy picked the right QB in the draft. Bob Griffin is looking like a cross between Jay Cutler and Vince Young.

Atlanta Dan
12-09-2013, 01:01 PM
I enjoyed some of RG3 and 10 playing. Better yet is his post game presser where he goes on about " what else can I do?"

There is no I in TEAM, but there are more than enough in Griffin.

Looks like Shanahan is gone - if not this week certainly after the season ends

Apparently the next Redskins coach may be RGIII's former coach at Baylor

The Washington Redskins are expected to pursue Baylor's Art Briles should they fire Mike Shanahan, according to league sources.

Briles coached Griffin in college and maintains a strong connection with the QB and his family. While Briles recently agreed to an extension to remain at the school, it doesn't render a move to the NFL impossible. Briles proved uniquely able to handle Griffin's ego, unique playing style and health concerns while at Baylor, and also managed Griffin's parents and inner-circle, who have gone public at times -- voicing issues with Shanahan.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/24369054/redskins-likely-to-pursue-baylors-briles-griffins-college-coach-if-shanahan-is-fired

That will certainly help Griffin develop a team first attitude:chuckle:

fansince'76
12-09-2013, 01:05 PM
Looks like Shanahan is gone - if not this week certainly after the season ends

Apparently the next Redskins coach may be RGIII's former coach at Baylor

The Washington Redskins are expected to pursue Baylor's Art Briles should they fire Mike Shanahan, according to league sources.

Briles coached Griffin in college and maintains a strong connection with the QB and his family. While Briles recently agreed to an extension to remain at the school, it doesn't render a move to the NFL impossible. Briles proved uniquely able to handle Griffin's ego, unique playing style and health concerns while at Baylor, and also managed Griffin's parents and inner-circle, who have gone public at times -- voicing issues with Shanahan.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/24369054/redskins-likely-to-pursue-baylors-briles-griffins-college-coach-if-shanahan-is-fired

That will certainly help Griffin develop a team first attitude:chuckle:

Yes, and "managing RGIII's parents" is certainly an invaluable skill at the NFL level too. I wonder if he knows just how to wipe RGIII's nose as well. :chuckle:

If this happens, it's got "Steve Spurrier-type flameout" written all over it. Wonder if Danny-Boy will give Briles the richest coaching contract in NFL history too?

GodfatherofSoul
12-09-2013, 02:39 PM
The fact that RG3's family is even an issue speaks volumes about how tenuous Shanahan's position is. Can you imagine any other recent draft pick having family members skewing team policy? Even the Cam Newton drama was pre-NFL.

That being said I have ZERO faith in Shanahan's credibility. He's had a history of this crap and NFL radio was just reporting that Shanahan's been leaking information to the press. There's a reason McNabb was going bat-poop crazy about having a sit-down with RG3.

fansince'76
12-09-2013, 03:52 PM
The fact that RG3's family is even an issue speaks volumes about how tenuous Shanahan's position is. Can you imagine any other recent draft pick having family members skewing team policy?

I think that speaks more to how much of a cluster the Redskins' FO as a whole is and exactly how much out of his depth Dan Snyder is than it does to Shanahan's credibility as a coach. To even contemplate hiring a guy simply because he gets along with Griffin's parents and because Griffin wants his woobie doesn't reflect well on that FO's general competence at all.

NSMaster56
12-09-2013, 06:09 PM

Maybe if he threw an interception or two less he wouldn't have had to lead a game-winning drive with 38 seconds left?

Props to Flacco and the Ravens for pulling out the win. I just thought FOX's choice for 'top performer' was odd considering all candidates.

JonM229
12-09-2013, 06:16 PM
Maybe if he threw an interception or two less he wouldn't have had to lead a game-winning drive with 38 seconds left?

Props to Flacco and the Ravens for pulling out the win. I just thought FOX's choice for 'top performer' was odd considering all candidates.

I'm just giving you a hard time so I can gloat more. I actually went through a whole range of emotions during those last 2 minutes. If the Ravens didn't win, one of my dogs was getting kicked, and I really love those dogs.

MasterOfPuppets
12-09-2013, 06:27 PM
He's definitely seemed less confident without Boldin and Pitta, which I think has had an impact on the number of INTs. Although, there were several of them throughout this season, where it's bounced off the receiver's hands and was then caught by a defender. The O-line has also been atrocious without Matt Birk at center. During Flacco's post-season run last year, he had all the time in the world to throw the ball.

Throwing the ball deep is great because there's only two outcomes: a completion or a PI call.
maybe for the ravens , NE , or denver, but for the rest of the league there's 4 potential outcomes....the 2 you mentioned , plus the other 2 that the rest of the league deals with...incomplete or offensive PI....

NSMaster56
12-09-2013, 06:28 PM
I'm just giving you a hard time so I can gloat more. I actually went through a whole range of emotions during those last 2 minutes. If the Ravens didn't win, one of my dogs was getting kicked, and I really love those dogs.

The Ravens just better do what they do best: beat the Pats in the playoffs.

At least then all will be okay in the universe.

NyGiantz
12-09-2013, 07:48 PM
Chicago defense is historically bad wow

Atlanta Dan
12-09-2013, 08:02 PM

Steelers put 23 points up against them - for the Steelers that is lighting up the scoreboard and proof positive the Bears D is bad:chuckle:

tony hipchest
12-09-2013, 08:47 PM

Funny coming from a giants fan.

Aaron rogers and his sausage double check commercials beg to differ.

I hear urlacher and movie smith were pretty good in their time. Steelerfans probably would fired them both three-4 seasons ago.

Atlanta Dan
12-09-2013, 09:41 PM

But the resistible force of Dallas and Romo in December may be able to not score against anyone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvAbSSaoptk

Bears 27-14 in 3rd quarter

NyGiantz
12-09-2013, 10:25 PM
Funny coming from a giants fan.

Aaron rogers and his sausage double check commercials beg to differ.

I hear urlacher and movie smith were pretty good in their time. Steelerfans probably would fired them both three-4 seasons ago.

Our defense aint great but it hasn't set the record for giving up consecutive 100 yard rushers like the Bears. Hopefully the Bears defense can get a pick six here put up 50 on the Boys.

tony hipchest
12-09-2013, 11:17 PM
Close enough.

I don't know about 100 yd rusher records but I will root for the eagles and bears to make it into the playoffs over the coverratedboys any day.

JonM229
12-10-2013, 08:02 AM
Win Probability Chart from the Ravens-Vikings game:

http://i.imgur.com/MQQC5wI.jpg

MACH1
12-10-2013, 09:08 AM
BREAKING: Bears unveil new logo following 45-28 win over Cowboys.

http://d3fsqtc6sy2z27.cloudfront.net/uploads/544a2f010184f7c19d9f40c76049d001_large

steve314
12-10-2013, 09:53 AM
BREAKING: Bears unveil new logo following 45-28 win over Cowboys.

I imagine that, if the Steelers played the Cowboys in PIT, they would not be able to score on every drive (like the Bears did).

tony hipchest
12-10-2013, 01:49 PM
I imagine that, if the Steelers played the Cowboys in PIT, they would not be able to score on every drive (like the Bears did).

Do you envy the bears?

The steelers have played the cowboys in the Superbowl 3 times.

The bears have only been to the Superbowl twice.

Fire Arians
12-11-2013, 02:57 AM
i can't figure out the nfc north, the most hot/cold division in the nfl?

SteelersCanada
12-11-2013, 08:51 PM
Matt Elam calls Lions star Calvin Johnson 'pretty old'

"Big, fast, athletic, unstoppable, freak," Elam said of Johnson, per the Detroit Free Press.

Then the 22-year-old had a brain fart.

"He's pretty old, so I don't know how physical he'll be," Elam said. "He's a big guy, but he's older. I guess when they get older they're not going to be as physical, you know what I'm saying? We're going to have to be physical, make him uncomfortable."

Aside from being flat-out wrong -- Johnson is 28; even in the NFL, that isn't old -- Elam made the mistake of poking the Transformer.

Why? Why would any player say anything that could be construed as an insult to one of the NFL's best players?

The last time someone made headlines by talking about Johnson, it was Dez Bryant and his now infamous "I can do whatever (Calvin) can do" comment.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000296849/article/matt-elam-calls-lions-star-calvin-johnson-pretty-old

-- I know I'm going to watch that game. Please, Stafford, go to Megatron at Elam all god damn game.

Fire Arians
12-11-2013, 09:56 PM
Matt Elam calls Lions star Calvin Johnson 'pretty old'

"Big, fast, athletic, unstoppable, freak," Elam said of Johnson, per the Detroit Free Press.

Then the 22-year-old had a brain fart.

"He's pretty old, so I don't know how physical he'll be," Elam said. "He's a big guy, but he's older. I guess when they get older they're not going to be as physical, you know what I'm saying? We're going to have to be physical, make him uncomfortable."

Aside from being flat-out wrong -- Johnson is 28; even in the NFL, that isn't old -- Elam made the mistake of poking the Transformer.

Why? Why would any player say anything that could be construed as an insult to one of the NFL's best players?

The last time someone made headlines by talking about Johnson, it was Dez Bryant and his now infamous "I can do whatever (Calvin) can do" comment.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000296849/article/matt-elam-calls-lions-star-calvin-johnson-pretty-old

-- I know I'm going to watch that game. Please, Stafford, go to Megatron at Elam all god damn game.

you don't want to make megatron angry, you won't like him when he's angry

JonM229
12-12-2013, 06:21 AM
Dear Matt Elam,

Don't trash talk until you've actually accomplished something in your career.

tony hipchest
12-12-2013, 08:01 PM
so San Diego vs Denver game teaches us you can legally rip off someone's home at without a penalty and have the runner Rule down by contact. As long as you don't rep the helmet off by the face mask.good job sir rog...

Atlanta Dan
12-12-2013, 08:34 PM
Denver defense continues to look mediocre as Peyton once again appears to have peaked before Thanksgiving

SteelersCanada
12-12-2013, 08:48 PM
This Denver defense is atrocious. Broncos offense has to be perfect on every drive for them to win any games.

NSMaster56
12-12-2013, 09:20 PM
Why are yous' guys mocking the _enver Broncos?

---

I can already hear the talking heads and homers preparing their excuses for Peyton Manning when the Broncos don't win a Super Bowl this year.

Nevermind that Peyton is on pace to smash individual passing records or that the _enver Offense is scoring more than the legendary 2007 Patriots... no, the _efense and Special Teams will be to blame for any/all short comings.

NSMaster56
12-12-2013, 09:47 PM
[Not counting overtime] The Broncos had only been held scoreless in seven quarters before tonight.

They had not been held scoreless in back-to-back quarters.

steve314
12-12-2013, 09:52 PM
Do you envy the bears?

The steelers have played the cowboys in the Superbowl 3 times.

The bears have only been to the Superbowl twice.

Do you choose which car to buy based on which cars performed well in the 70's and 90's?

tony hipchest
12-12-2013, 10:20 PM
Do you choose which car to buy based on which cars performed well in the 70's and 90's?

Do you drive your football teams to work and as a part to function normally in every day society?

Or do you peddal a bike?

tony hipchest
12-12-2013, 10:25 PM
Why are yous' guys mocking the _enver Broncos?

---

I can already hear the talking heads and homers preparing their excuses for Peyton Manning when the Broncos don't win a Super Bowl this year.

Nevermind that Peyton is on pace to smash individual passing records or that the _enver Offense is scoring more than the legendary 2007 Patriots... no, the _efense and Special Teams will be to blame for any/all short comings.

I don't know about all of that. All I hear is how Peyton can't win a game in the cold. :hunch:

Adam vinatieri goats as many SB rings as manning and Brady combined.

Scott nor wood has got zero.

Blacksburg Zach
12-12-2013, 10:27 PM
And down go the Broncos.

SteelCurtain5643
12-12-2013, 10:28 PM
Wow San Diego beats Denver, def didnt see that coming. Chargers are on a mission for the playoffs, there starting to look like a real dangerous team now

tony hipchest
12-12-2013, 10:36 PM
The chargers are the best team in the hunt for the 6th playoff seed.

Despite my eternal hope for the steelers, I have thought that since early in the season. Miami isn't ready to advance and the ravens are smoke and mirrors + luck.

Patriots would probably kick the shit out of them with tom Brady having 20 rushes and five passes.

Steelstoned1972
12-12-2013, 10:56 PM
The chargers are the best team in the hunt for the 6th playoff seed.

Despite my eternal hope for the steelers, I have thought that since early in the season. Miami isn't ready to advance and the ravens are smoke and mirrors + luck.

Patriots would probably kick the shit out of them with tom Brady having 20 rushes and five passes.

If the Steelers aren't in it , ill root for the Chargers , mainly cause I despise Ravens , Pats , and Donkeys... oh and Bungholes !

Sent from my SCH-I535 While Stoned , Drunk , AND at Titty Bar !

tony hipchest
12-12-2013, 11:14 PM
I am probably the only person anyone will ever see who likes Philip rivers AND jay cutler.

The_Joker
12-13-2013, 07:15 AM
Fuck, who do I root for? The Steelers are all but done, the Skins have been reduced to a damn joke, the Giants are also out and I could care less about half the other teams. I guess the Bears if the make it in.

Atlanta Dan
12-13-2013, 08:13 AM
After watching Denver last night and Gronk going down for the season, my preseason bet at 10.25-1 for the Bengals to win the AFC is stirring back to life, especially if the Bengals somehow get a bye by having the same record as New England

Peter King observes what I first noticed in the New England Sunday night game - Peyton's arm is shot

Maybe he was in ďtake what they give usíí mode. Maybe he never felt comfortable with the pesky and variable Charger rush keeping him off-balance all night. Maybe itís the wear of a long season on his 37-year-old right arm. Whatever, Manningís longest completion was 22 yards, and he had but three completions longer than 20 yards out of 41 throws. To see him dink-and-dunk in the final two minutes with no timeouts on the clock and needing two scores was the height of frustration. You donít want to throw into the teeth of umbrella coverage downfield, but you also canít be taking eight yards consistently without being able to stop the clock. Where was DeMaryius Thomas (four catches, 49 yards)? The passing game Thursday night was disturbing. I donít think itíll continue, but one bad game could have blown home-field through the playoffs, and could mean Peyton Manning, to get to the Super Bowl, could have to play Tom Brady in New England, where Brady is 7-2 all-time vs. Manning.

http://mmqb.si.com/2013/12/13/peyton-manning-denver-broncos-san-diego-chargers/

JonM229
12-13-2013, 08:36 AM
https://lh3.ggpht.com/-Msaj3NVyTjI/Uqpx2N-JdqI/AAAAAAAA95o/rCB4sY7ZLg4/s1600/2.gif

Eric Weddle's had the time of his life, and he owes it all to Knowshon Moreno.

Edit: In case you don't get the reference:

http://blog.vinspired.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Dirty-Dancing-lift.jpg

tony hipchest
12-13-2013, 12:33 PM
Eric Weddle's had the time of his life, and he owes it all to Knowshon Moreno.

Edit: In case you don't get the reference:

[/IMG]

:laughing:

that was SO fruity.

:doh:

JonM229
12-13-2013, 01:44 PM
:laughing:

that was SO fruity.

:doh:

Nobody puts Eric Weddle in the corner

Fire Arians
12-13-2013, 04:28 PM
the chargers have always been peyton's kryptonite for some odd reason

NSMaster56
12-13-2013, 06:10 PM
the chargers have always been peyton's kryptonite for some odd reason

Residual bad karma from the Eli trade? :noidea: :chuckle:

harrison'samonster
12-15-2013, 01:35 PM
watching the Browns vs. the Bears right now. Browns D is really good, but their offense is so bad. They have no running game. I don't see any way we lose to them at home in a few weeks.

zcoop
12-15-2013, 01:53 PM
Stuck with Pigeons and Skins.

NSMaster56
12-15-2013, 02:07 PM
Stuck with Pigeons and Skins.

Good, then maybe you can answer:

The Falcons are purposely playing so bad, right?

MACH1
12-15-2013, 02:59 PM
Eli with 5 completions, to the other team.

JonM229
12-15-2013, 03:02 PM
So much for Brady being clutch with the game on the line.

zcoop
12-15-2013, 03:09 PM
Good, then maybe you can answer:

The Falcons are purposely playing so bad, right?

Naw, I think what you see it what you get with them.

NSMaster56
12-15-2013, 03:11 PM
Naw, I think what you see it what you get with them.

It's amazing.

Washington has SEVEN Turnovers and the Falcons a +5 differential this game and they're only bailed out by a botched two-point attempt.

It doesn't seem possible that a team could naturally be that bad. :doh: :chuckle:

zcoop
12-15-2013, 03:28 PM
It's amazing.

Washington has SEVEN Turnovers and the Falcons a +5 differential this game and they're only bailed out by a botched two-point attempt.

It doesn't seem possible that a team could naturally be that bad. :doh: :chuckle:

If I didn't have a history with them, I'd say they flopped too but it's hard to take that point of view when you know them.

The Skins should've kicked the pat and go for the win in OT, but there is some crazy shit going on with them too.

Atlanta Dan
12-15-2013, 03:47 PM
So much for Brady being clutch with the game on the line.

First round bye is there for the taking by the Bengals

SteelCityMom
12-15-2013, 05:10 PM
Tom Brady once again proving what a whiny little bitch he is.

Tom Brady answers 2 questions in postgame press conference, swears and walks out

Despite passing for 364 yards, Brady was not happy with his or his team's performance in today's 24-20 loss to the Miami Dolphins. It's not unusual for someone to be in a hurry to get the hell out of Miami after spending the weekend there, and Brady wasted no time mumbling out something about how they didn't do enough to get "in the red area," before bemoaning the "shitty plays" that cost the Patriots the game.

Unlike the Dolphins, the TV station was unable to intercept Brady's delivery. By the time the feed came back, Tom was already on his way out the door.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/12/15/5213974/tom-brady-answers-two-questions-in-post-game-press-conference-before

(video in link)

MACH1
12-15-2013, 05:46 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1474387_257619501059832_275916674_n.jpg

Blacksburg Zach
12-15-2013, 06:46 PM
Just saw the cowboys blow a 23 point halftime lead against a Packers team that was missing Aaron Rodgers.

harrison'samonster
12-15-2013, 06:48 PM
Just saw the cowboys blow a 23 point halftime lead against a Packers team that was missing Aaron Rodgers.

I just noticed that, where was that game played?

Atlanta Dan
12-15-2013, 06:53 PM

Dallas

Cowboys were running the ball at will but kept passing

Romo throws a pick up 5 with a little more than 2 minutes to go

After Green Bay scores (34 points in second half - 5 TDs on 5 second half possessions) Romo throws another pick to seal the loss:sofunny:

Tony Romo and the Cowboys are choking dogs

harrison'samonster
12-15-2013, 06:56 PM
Dallas

Cowboys were running the ball at will but kept passing

Romo throws a pick up 5 with a little more than 2 minutes to go

After Green Bay scores (34 points in second half - 5 TDs on 5 second half possessions)
Romo throws another pick to seal the loss:sofunny:

Tony Romo and the Cowboys are choking dogs

that's just insane. Can you imagine Cowboys fans right now.

NSMaster56
Can't stop laughing at Dallas.

Kanata-Steeler

In Dallas.

That was a good game, great comeback by GB. The Cryboys had them beat, but due to Romo gettin too greedy, and bad Clock-mgmt they blew it -bigtime. !
-It kinda reminded me of our terrible Clock-mgmt.

Kanata-Steeler
12-15-2013, 07:00 PM

Yep, lmao
Crybaby award goes to Dez Bryant <- sore-loser.

Atlanta Dan
12-15-2013, 07:05 PM

In Dallas.

That was a good game, great comeback by GB. The Cryboys had them beat, but due to Romo gettin too greedy, and bad Clock-mgmt they blew it -bigtime. !
-It kinda reminded me of our terrible Clock-mgmt.

For most of the 4th quarter Buck and Aikman were calling out Dallas for refusing to run the ball

Atlanta Dan
12-15-2013, 07:13 PM
The Pats lost but are still the most wonderfulest team of all football time:banging:

The New England Patriots might be the most exciting team ever

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/12/new-england-patriots-tom-brady/#

WVABE
12-15-2013, 07:26 PM
Jets-Panthers was a pretty good defensive battle for a while.

NSMaster56
12-15-2013, 08:01 PM
I love reading reactions after a loss of the Cowboy's magnitude.

The mix of disheveled fans and jubilant haters makes for great theater.

One of the better comments so far:

"Tony Romo" is just Italian for "Rex Grossman".

kan_t
12-16-2013, 02:39 AM

DeMarco Murray

First half - 93 yards in 11 carries

Cowboys led by 23

Second half - 41 yerds in 7 carries

Tomlin and Haley would get killed if they have this kind of play calling.

SteelCityMom
12-16-2013, 04:25 AM

That last quote is one of the best things I've heard. Ever. One billion karma points to whomever posted it.

Atlanta Dan
12-16-2013, 01:24 PM
Nobody does drama like the Dallas Cryboys

Dallas Cowboys receiver Dez Bryant apologized for leaving the field before the clock ran out in Sunday's loss, explaining that he didn't want to be seen crying on the sideline.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/10146395/dez-bryant-dallas-cowboys-learn-leaving-early-jason-garrett:chuckle:

Thank God Jerry Jones will never fire himself as GM:thumbsup:

Fire Arians
12-16-2013, 02:32 PM
DeMarco Murray

First half - 93 yards in 11 carries

Cowboys led by 23

Second half - 41 yerds in 7 carries

Tomlin and Haley would get killed if they have this kind of play calling.

this drove me mad cause murray is on my fantasy team. whatta buncha jagoffs

meanwhile the guy i was playing had jamal charles & i had a 45 pt lead. that was obliterated as he gained like 59 pts or something ridiculous like that. I bought a charles jersey for my brother for christmas, and i came really close to burning the damn thing. he won't know anyway right? :chuckle: sucks though cause of that guy i lost the semifinal round, oh well lol.

kan_t
12-17-2013, 03:00 AM
Nobody does drama like the Dallas Cryboys

Dallas Cowboys receiver Dez Bryant apologized for leaving the field before the clock ran out in Sunday's loss, explaining that he didn't want to be seen crying on the sideline.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/10146395/dez-bryant-dallas-cowboys-learn-leaving-early-jason-garrett:chuckle:

Thank God Jerry Jones will never fire himself as GM:thumbsup:

Dez Bryant is an incredible WR. He just needs a coach who can really coach the players.

Blacksburg Zach
12-29-2013, 03:04 PM
Despite Andy Dalton's best effort, the Bengals were able to defeat the Ravens. Let's go chiefs!!!!

jacobo
12-29-2013, 03:24 PM
is anyone else getting zero vocals on the cbs broadcast right now? its been like this since the steelers game ended.

NYC_Steeler
12-29-2013, 03:30 PM
Helluva throw by Chase Daniels after that near-pick. Touchdown, Kansas City!!

tony hipchest
12-29-2013, 03:32 PM
if she charges then have Steelers playoff implications I would be watching the Cardinals and Forty Niners. Go Cardinals go chiefs

NSMaster56
12-29-2013, 04:29 PM
Peyton Manning really wants to hold the Pass TD record.

NSMaster56
12-29-2013, 05:34 PM
Heh.

Peyton surpassed Brees' yards record by a lone yard.

One measly, stinkin' yard.

NSMaster56
12-29-2013, 10:20 PM
:rofl:

ROMO!

Wait...

Blacksburg Zach
12-29-2013, 10:26 PM
Orton plays well for most of the game, but he throws the interception at the end that loses the game. It's as if Romo never left.