PDA

View Full Version : Purifioy, Roberson, Buchanon, Skov,& Murray

teegre
09-28-2013, 11:52 PM
Aside from the Florida CBs, two guys I really like are:

Duane Buchanon FS Wash St.

Shayne Skov LB Stanford

Also, while the Steelers don't need a QB, I love me some Aaron Murray. I've been on his bandwagon for a year now, and today just reinforced my opinion of him.

teegre
01-03-2014, 11:50 PM
I normally don't even look at Bleacher Report, let alone site it, but... this was a darn good draft.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1908600-pittsburgh-steelers-updated-2014-nfl-mock-draft

1. Justin Gilbert, CB
2. Deone Bucannon, S
3 (comp). Ryan Carrethers, NT
4. Ju'Waun James, OT
5. De'Anthony Thomas, RB
6. Prince Shembo, OLB

Yes, pretty much any mock draft that has Deone Bucannon going to the Steelers, is going to garner my immediate attention.

teegre
01-03-2014, 11:51 PM
This got me thinking:
1. Louis Nix, NT
2. Deone Bucannon, S
3 (comp). Louchiez Purifoy, CB

I'd like an ILB, but I like Bucannon even better. Let's give Williams another year to develop... and go for Bucannon.

harrison'samonster
01-03-2014, 11:54 PM
This got me thinking:
1. Louis Nix, NT
2. Deone Bucannon, S

I'd like an ILB, but I like Bucannon even better. Let's give Williams another year to develop... and go for Bucannon.

Would be very nice! I think Williams looked a lot better by the end of the year, and hopefully Spence is in there as well.

teegre
01-03-2014, 11:56 PM
Would be very nice! I think Williams looked a lot better by the end of the year, and hopefully Spence is in there as well.

Exactly.

Let Williams & Spence (& Garvin) battle it out.

harrison'samonster
01-04-2014, 12:11 AM
teegre

Don't you think maybe you should start wishing for that punter in Rd 1 to throw the Ravens FO off your tracks?

teegre
01-04-2014, 12:30 AM
teegre

Don't you think maybe you should start wishing for that punter in Rd 1 to throw the Ravens FO off your tracks?

:applaudit:

So true.

BLACK_AND_YELLOW
01-04-2014, 03:24 AM
Ryan Carrethers seems like a very interesting prospect. But not sure I'd take him in the 3rd maybe the 4th.

But teegre No WR?

BLACK_AND_YELLOW
01-04-2014, 09:40 AM
This got me thinking:
1. Louis Nix, NT
2. Allen Robinson, WR
4. Calvin Pryor, FS

Fixed it for you :thumbsup:

teegre
01-04-2014, 11:58 AM

Aggh... you can't get rid of Bucannon. He's the main reason that I liked that mock.

Ryan Carrethers seems like a very interesting prospect. But not sure I'd take him in the 3rd maybe the 4th.

But teegre No WR?

I'm thinking that AB, Cotchery, & Wheaton are a solid three. Allow Moye & Brown to fight it out for the tall, red-zone threat.

Whereas, the defense, specifically the secondary needs in infusion of talent.

But, if Carrethers goes in the 4th, then I'd be fine with a WR in R3. (R3 WRs historically have played with a chip on their shoulder: Terrell Owens, Hines Ward, Keenan Allen, Brandon Marshall).

BLACK_AND_YELLOW
01-04-2014, 12:12 PM
Aggh... you can't get rid of Bucannon. He's the main reason that I liked that mock.

I'm thinking that AB, Cotchery, & Wheaton are a solid three. Allow Moye & Brown to fight it out for the tall, red-zone threat.

Whereas, the defense, specifically the secondary needs in infusion of talent.

But, if Carrethers goes in the 4th, then I'd be fine with a WR in R3. (R3 WRs historically have played with a chip on their shoulder: Terrell Owens, Hines Ward, Keenan Allen, Brandon Marshall).

You cant always get what you want teegre. :sofunny:

If he declares for the draft I'd like us to give Martavis Bryant from Clemson a look, he's 6'5", 4.4/4.5 speed and is very good in the red zone, Bryant doesn't have the most consistent hands but when they are he makes plays.

teegre
01-04-2014, 01:25 PM
You cant always get what you want teegre. :sofunny:

Alas, the Ravens seem to get the players that I want.

LOL ugh

teegre
01-24-2014, 01:08 AM
I just heard, on NFL Network, that Deone Bucannon had a great week at the Senior Bowl.

1. He will NOT last until the R3 comp pick (I think that we all knew that already).

2. He might not even last to pick 47.

3. If he's there at 47, I think that he HAS to be the pick. (Of course I would say that.)

BLACK_AND_YELLOW
01-24-2014, 01:20 AM
I just heard, on NFL Network, that Deone Bucannon had a great week at the Senior Bowl.

1. He will NOT last until the R3 comp pick (I think that we all knew that already).

2. He might not even last to pick 47.

3. If he's there at 47, I think that he HAS to be the pick. (Of course I would say that.)

Drafting Dennard in the 1st and then Bucannon in the 2nd would fix our secondary issues

CB Allen, FS Bucannon, SS Thomas, CB Dennard. Let the hitting begin!!! :popcorn:

teegre
01-24-2014, 01:26 AM
Drafting Dennard in the 1st and then Bucannon in the 2nd would fix our secondary issues

CB Allen, FS Bucannon, SS Thomas, CB Dennard. Let the hitting begin!!! :popcorn:

I'm liking the sound of that!!!

(As long as a NT is added in R3 or R4.)

EDIT:
I just noticed your sig-mock. Damn good mock.

I love the first three picks, and I have heard (from you?) that Ellis might be a mid-round Joel Steed type of NT. De'Anthony Thomas is my pick for KR/3rd-down back, as well. And, we all are starting to mock Herron (due to Colbert's recent infatuation with him).

Again, damn good mock.

BLACK_AND_YELLOW
01-24-2014, 01:33 AM
I'm liking the sound of that!!!

(As long as a NT is added in R3 or R4.)

Justin Ellis in the 4th :thumbsup:

I also like Dennard's nickname "No Fly Zone" sounds like a great name to add to our defense.

teegre
01-24-2014, 08:20 AM

I also like Dennard's nickname "No Fly Zone" sounds like a great name to add to our defense.

No Fly Zone... Sharknado... The Bu-Cannon... and, uh, Cortez Allen.

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-27-2014, 06:22 PM

Justin Ellis looked up and down the week of Sr Bowl. Moves very well for a big man, but didnt disrupt that much in the game despite only playing a one gap 3 technique. Have to look at some tape on him. He may fall deeper into day 3 than we think.

Buchanon moves well and closes fast. I think if he puts in a good 3 cone time it will show his change of direction. If he doesnt, then he falls to a 3rd or 4th round pick.

I still like the idea of finding another OLB in the top 3 picks this season. Need some more guys that can rush the passer and I think its a priority that can be had in round 3 or better.

vasteeler
01-27-2014, 06:33 PM
before i clicked into the thread i thought it was going to be a law firm

harrison'samonster
01-27-2014, 08:05 PM
before i clicked into the thread i thought it was going to be a law firm

Dewey, Cheatum, and Howe. :chuckle:

devin7558
01-31-2014, 08:25 PM
Justin Ellis looked up and down the week of Sr Bowl. Moves very well for a big man, but didnt disrupt that much in the game despite only playing a one gap 3 technique. Have to look at some tape on him. He may fall...

I still like the idea of finding another OLB in the top 3 picks this season. Need some more guys that can rush the passer and I think its a priority that can be had in round 3 or better.

I think Ellis will most certainly be a day 3 pick. Rd 5 or later and for the exact reasons you stated. He's just not disruptive enough to demand a double team from NFL caliber lineman and needs to anchor better. He has all the potential in the world to be a starter but I think he will need time (prob 2 seasons of dedicated work) to get stronger and be a true zero tech NT.

As for the idea of a OLB in the first three rounds...I agree. I'd like them to trade back and take Auburns Dee Ford in the late 1st. Get back an additional 2nd or 3rd pick in the process. If they stay put you should watch some tape on Shaquil Barrett from Colorado State. Reminds me of James Harrison and he destroyed Alabama this season. Could be had 4th to 5th round and is just a beast. My fav sleeper OLB in this class. He gets no love from scouts yet...

Copy and paste this link for the Bama tape. He gave their LT and TE's fits. Love this kid.

http://youtu.be/gcGMgbc_DRU

Steelstoned1972
02-22-2014, 08:29 AM
I think Ellis will most certainly be a day 3 pick. Rd 5 or later and for the exact reasons you stated. He's just not disruptive enough to demand a double team from NFL caliber lineman and needs to anchor better. He has all the potential in the world to be a starter but I think he will need time (prob 2 seasons of dedicated work) to get stronger and be a true zero tech NT.

As for the idea of a OLB in the first three rounds...I agree. I'd like them to trade back and take Auburns Dee Ford in the late 1st. Get back an additional 2nd or 3rd pick in the process. If they stay put you should watch some tape on Shaquil Barrett from Colorado State. Reminds me of James Harrison and he destroyed Alabama this season. Could be had 4th to 5th round and is just a beast. My fav sleeper OLB in this class. He gets no love from scouts yet...

Copy and paste this link for the Bama tape. He gave their LT and TE's fits. Love this kid.

http://youtu.be/gcGMgbc_DRU

I believe , porter was an assistant there. ( think it was his alma mater )
If he is that good , I'm sure Joey has put a good word in for him. he could potentially be our fourth or fifth round pick then.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

teegre
03-07-2014, 07:37 AM
If the Steelers wanted to, they could get all five:

1. Roberson
2. Bucannon
3 (comp). Skov
4. Purifoy
7. Murray

Roberson would be a reach at 15, and I'm not sure that Purifoy drops "that" far... but, it's be possible.... not optimal, but possible.

BKAnthem
03-18-2014, 11:49 AM

No you didn't

BLACK_AND_YELLOW
03-18-2014, 02:12 PM
No you didn't

Ummm

why did you reply to this??

BKAnthem
03-18-2014, 07:52 PM
Ummm

why did you reply to this??

boredom....

BLACK_AND_YELLOW
03-18-2014, 07:56 PM
boredom....

it happens :drink:

charlie martel
03-19-2014, 11:20 PM

But teegre No WR?

Yes, and as mentioned above Elbeast would also be a good consideration but in later rounds.

kent
03-20-2014, 12:17 PM
it happens :drink:

The mock you have is my favorite Ive seen, love it. Only thing I would change/add would be taking a chance on Colt Lyerla somewhere in there.

BLACK_AND_YELLOW
03-20-2014, 12:20 PM
The mock you have is my favorite Ive seen, love it. Only thing I would change/add would be taking a chance on Colt Lyerla somewhere in there.

Thanks.

But maybe in the 6th or 7th round. Not sure we would take a chance on him. I like his talent but his he needs to grow up

kent
03-20-2014, 12:25 PM
Thanks.

But maybe in the 6th or 7th round. Not sure we would take a chance on him. I like his talent but his he needs to grow up

Without a doubt needs to grow up. Im being an optimist and thinking that his off-field ways would change. Reminds me of Kellen Winslow jr, both very talented but sick in the head.

BLACK_AND_YELLOW
03-20-2014, 12:29 PM
Without a doubt needs to grow up. Im being an optimist and thinking that his off-field ways would change. Reminds me of Kellen Winslow jr, both very talented but sick in the head.

Yeah If he got his head straight he could wind up being a big steal for someone