PDA

View Full Version : Peyton Manning

White_Steel_Wolfe
09-29-2013, 06:17 PM
He is ridiculously good. The colts should of never released him.

I'm booking the Broncos to win it all. Sure it's early in the season but can you show any other team that is playing better?

Mean while our Steelers are 0 - 4:noidea:

GBMelBlount
09-29-2013, 06:20 PM
I like Peyton Manning but 4 games does not = superbowl champs.

Too many things can happen.

Plus the Steelers are still statistically in the running.:uhh:

Atlanta Dan
09-29-2013, 06:22 PM

I'm booking the Broncos to win it all. Sure it's early in the season but can you show any other team that is playing better?

If Lombardis were won in September Peyton Manning would have more rings than Bradshaw or Montana - he will need to win outdoors in Denver in January and New York in February this season

Winston Wolfe has some advice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxuHYVmWlmU

White_Steel_Wolfe
09-29-2013, 06:25 PM
If Lombardis were won in September Peyton Manning would have more rings than Bradshaw or Montana - he will need to win outdoors in Denver in January and New York in February this season

Winston Wolfe has some advice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxuHYVmWlmU

I'm betting he will have no problem this year doing just that.

NSMaster56
09-29-2013, 06:28 PM
Two thoughts on one Peyton MAnning, one silly, one serious:

1. I think he's pissed that he didn't get the cover of Madden 25 so he's decided to go all 'Madden' on the NFL.

2. Imagine if the 49ers had signed him...

Atlanta Dan
09-29-2013, 06:36 PM
I'm betting he will have no problem this year doing just that.

Like the 19-0 Patriots or the 2011 Green Bay team that was being talked about as going undefeated then flamed out in the first round of the playoffs?

Denver is the class of the AFC but even as well as they are playing now I believe they would not be big favorites over the Seahawks in New York - Seattle has the secondary to give Peyton's receivers a challenge

Peyton's rep in his best years is that he is a dome QB

A lot can happen in the next 4 months

SteelCityMom
09-29-2013, 06:38 PM
He always looks good in the regular season. That rarely translates over to the post season. I wouldn't go putting any money on them just yet.

Atlanta Dan
09-29-2013, 06:40 PM
Two thoughts on one Peyton MAnning, one silly, one serious:

1. I think he's pissed that he didn't get the cover of Madden 25 so he's decided to go all 'Madden' on the NFL.

Peyton hater Bill Simmons has a theory on what has gotten into Peyton:sofunny:

A few readers have been pushing the concept of Evil Manning — that four neck surgeries, two Super Bowls for his brother, and last January's devastating loss to Baltimore pushed him over the edge, flipped him beyond Eff You Mode and made him "evil." As the theory goes, now he's gunning for a 666 season — 600 points, 6,000 yards and 60 touchdowns. And what's funny is MULTIPLE readers, independently of one another, suggested this theory using Evil Manning Face (his 2013 head shot for televised games) as their final piece of evidence. A Boulder reader named Mark Westhoff even went so far as to find an Evil Manning Face picture and send it to me.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BU23gC4CcAAz7fA.jpg

I like it … EVIL MANNING FACE! Peyton Manning has gone to the dark side!

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9730546/page/2/bill-simmons-offers-praise-rush-makes-week-4-picks

NSMaster56
09-29-2013, 06:45 PM
Peyton hater Bill Simmons has a theory on what has gotten into Peyton:sofunny:

Always love Simbo's crack pot theories, especially when they almost add up! :chuckle:

TRH
09-29-2013, 08:23 PM

No - in this particular case, the trade worked out best for both teams. The team that surrounds Manning right now is making him look extra good. The same cannot be said for our QB.

In Indy's case - they set themselves up for the future and Luck is turning out to be every bit as good as they figured he would be and although RGIII got most of the hype, Luck is by FAR the better QB.
It was a good move by the Colts.

NSMaster56
09-29-2013, 09:48 PM
The 2007 Patriots set the NFL record with 589 PF.

The 2013 Broncos are on pace for 717.

Lets just pretend this has nothing to do with recent rule changes and everything to do with a 37 year old coming off four neck surgeries and quite possibly the greatest QB of all time hitting his second prime.

jacobo
09-29-2013, 10:13 PM
He is ridiculously good. The colts should of never released him.:

lol, yes they should have. luck's gonna win at least three superbowls.

Atlanta Dan
09-29-2013, 10:22 PM
lol, yes they should have. luck's gonna win at least three superbowls.

Which seasons - I would like to get my bets in

GodfatherofSoul
09-29-2013, 10:28 PM

Peyton royally fucked the Colts over when he probably knew he'd be out a whole year and basically conned them into paying him what $25 million to watch games from home.

jacobo
09-29-2013, 10:35 PM
Which seasons - I would like to get my bets in

2016 against the falcons, 34-27

2018 against the seahawks, 24-13

2019 against the seahawks, 21-17

i expect a little something back when you become a millionaire ;)

Atlanta Dan
09-29-2013, 10:43 PM
2016 against the falcons, 34-27

2018 against the seahawks, 24-13

2019 against the seahawks, 21-17

i expect a little something back when you become a millionaire ;)

Based on tonight's crash I would not expect the Falcons in the Super Bowl in 2016 or any other time

kan_t
09-29-2013, 10:44 PM

The Seahawks are not playing better but I could see them beating any team in the league. Excellent defense and a good QB are keys to SB.