PDA

View Full Version : Jets, Seahawks, talking with NE about Branch

hardwork
09-01-2006, 12:08 PM
Two offers for Branch

Jets, Seahawks talking to Pats about Branch trade
By Ron Borges, Globe Staff ?|? September 1, 2006

Holdout wide receiver Deion Branch has received two acceptable contract offers, from the Jets and Seahawks, and those teams are now negotiating with the Patriots on a trade.

Late last week, the Patriots gave Branch permission to negotiate a deal with another team, but have a deadline of 4 p.m. today.

Branch, unhappy with his contract, has been a holdout for all of the preseason.

One league source said it was unlikely that the Pats would make a deal within the division (although they did trade Drew Bledsoe to the Bills).

If the Patriots don't like the trade offers from the Jets or Seahawks, they can reject them and keep Branch.

However, the word from Branch's camp is that he could stay out as long as mid-November if the Pats don't come up with a new deal.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2006/09/01/two_offers_for_branch/

Livinginthe past
09-01-2006, 12:12 PM
I think they will have no problem trading within the division.

They would certainly think twice about doing so if it was Richard Seymour or someone of his calibre - but it isn't.

For the record they also let Milloy go to the Bills at the 11th hour - right before the 1st game of the season if my memory serves.

If the Jets (or the Hawks) can come up with a compensation package that is deemed suitable by the Patriots FO - then he is welcome to leave and good riddance.

I think he would certainly put up some nice numbers in Seattle with Hasslebeck throwing him the ball, but im not too sure what he could achieve in NY with Noodles.

NM