PDA

View Full Version : Article Suggs: Commish behind blackout

Atlanta Dan
10-01-2013, 10:03 AM
First Ray-Ray now Suggs

Baltimore Ravens linebacker Terrell Suggs accuses NFL commissioner Roger Goodell of having a role in the Super Bowl blackout during an interview on ESPN's "E:60" that will air Tuesday.

"I was like Vegas, parlor tricks, you know what I mean?" Suggs said. "I was like, ahh, Roger Goodell, he never stops, he always has something up his sleeve. He just couldn't let us have this one in a landslide, huh?"...

Suggs said he believes Goodell favors some teams over others.

"We walk out of the Denver game, and linebackers are warming up on their sideline, and who do we see talking with John Elway, and it's like hmmm. I thought, your commissioner is supposed to be neutral," Suggs said. "He ain't supposed to be on one side or the other; he's supposed to be in the box. I saw him on their sideline and I was like, huh, I know who he's going for. I think he definitely has his favorites."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9751988/terrell-suggs-baltimore-ravens-calls-commissioner-roger-goodell

Clear thinking there Terrell - Goodell plays favorites (agreed) so he pulled the plug on the Superdome lights

NJarhead
10-01-2013, 10:29 AM
There ya go. It was a conspiracy that caused your late collapse that nearly lost you the superbowl.

The best part is, these "intellectuals" in Baltimore expect us to take them seriously.

One of my favorite quotes out of Baltimore:

"It's like a blessing in da sky!" - Ed Reed on one of his new contracts.

Blacksburg Zach
10-01-2013, 11:21 AM
I love how these people are complaining about winning the Super Bowl.

ebsteelers
10-01-2013, 11:30 AM
if the same thing happened to the steelers.. you know everyone here would be saying that. and nothing that Goodell does would be surprising to me...

GodfatherofSoul
10-01-2013, 11:45 AM
Well, we know how much he loves Eli.

Atlanta Dan
10-01-2013, 12:02 PM
if the same thing happened to the steelers.. you know everyone here would be saying that. and nothing that Goodell does would be surprising to me...

Goodell can control the league office - screwing with CBS by stopping the game and messing with the ratings for the most popular broadcast by far is quite another matter

ebsteelers
10-01-2013, 12:18 PM
Goodell can control the league office - screwing with CBS by stopping the game and messing with the ratings for the most popular broadcast by far is quite another matter

how many more commericals were played during that 34 minute delay?

It killed all the momentum the Ravens had. The game was starting to be a blow out. Maybe that saved ratings.

Idk man with tons of power, blackout in the stadium... nothing surprises me

JonM229
10-01-2013, 04:05 PM
Everyone knows that the NFL hates Baltimore:

First, Tagliabue screws us out of a team. (By the way, good job thinking Jacksonville could support a football team.)

Then, Goodell turns the lights off at the Super Dome and almost ruins Ray Ray's Magical Farewell Tour.

Buddha Bus
10-01-2013, 04:39 PM
Everyone knows that the NFL hates Baltimore:

First, Tagliabue screws us out of a team. (By the way, good job thinking Jacksonville could support a football team.)

Then, Goodell turns the lights off at the Super Dome and almost ruins Ray Ray's Magical Farewell Tour.

http://www.onpath.com/Portals/73495/images/buttercup.jpg