PDA

View Full Version : Browns 1st in AFC North

SteelCity4Life
10-03-2013, 10:50 PM
...and the Steelers are last at 0-4. :applaudit:

Yeah, I called it. Welcome to the Pittsburgh Browns! We're now the biggest piece of humor in this division and almost the entire NFL.

They win one prime-time game and we lose two...:doh:

If there ever was a tough time to be a Steelers fan in this decade, that time is finally among us folks.

Luckily I've been seeing a few Steelers fans pop out of the woodwork here at my college. Me, I can see myself holding back since this team is a huge embarrassment to be rooting for right now.

Pittsburgh is the underdog team now. I'd say only the Jaguars are worse than us. Maybe even the Raiders.

So here's to cheering on Cleveland choking and the Ravens going nowhere. The Bengals will go somewhere and likely be one and done.

The fair weather fans and band-wagoners are LONG gone. I'll stick by this team gladly but lets face it, they suck ass. I would even have the nerve to tell it to their
faces.

:Who knows, maybe we turn this thing around. I doubt it. Tomlin can't coach or prepare a football team.

:tt03:

Lady Steel
10-03-2013, 11:11 PM
I feel like I'm living in a nightmare. First, the Ravens win the Super Bowl and now the Browns, THE BROWNS, are in first place in the AFC North. All is not right in my world. The hell is going on? :willy:

I will always be a Black 'n Gold girl, win or lose, and will never turn my back on my teams. :tt:

MACH1
10-03-2013, 11:14 PM
...and the Steelers are last at 0-4. :applaudit:

Yeah, I called it. Welcome to the Pittsburgh Browns! We're now the biggest piece of humor in this division and almost the entire NFL.

They win one prime-time game and we lose two...:doh:

If there ever was a tough time to be a Steelers fan in this decade, that time is finally among us folks.

Luckily I've been seeing a few Steelers fans pop out of the woodwork here at my college. Me, I can see myself holding back since this team is a huge embarrassment to be rooting for right now.

Pittsburgh is the underdog team now. I'd say only the Jaguars are worse than us. Maybe even the Raiders.

So here's to cheering on Cleveland choking and the Ravens going nowhere. The Bengals will go somewhere and likely be one and done.

The fair weather fans and band-wagoners are LONG gone. I'll stick by this team gladly but lets face it, they suck ass. I would even have the nerve to tell it to their
faces.

:Who knows, maybe we turn this thing around. I doubt it. Tomlin can't coach or prepare a football team.

:tt03:

Guessing you weren't around for the'80's.

NSMaster56
10-04-2013, 12:07 PM
The Browns have been a QB away from competing for at least three years now.

If Hoyer is out then they'll go back to their offensive ineptitude, but the time for dismissing them has passed.

Circle of NFLife.

NJarhead
10-04-2013, 12:16 PM
http://www.winextra.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/HellFreezesOver.jpg

ZoneBlitzer
10-04-2013, 12:22 PM
Poor Hoyer. That was nasty. Browns can't catch a break.

vasteeler
10-04-2013, 03:04 PM
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRt0ZmZZ0aJ2Bj_e0WPJOfLqZgKGlC-6CdGDCoUQ_aWYfMqJWlS9Q

SteelCity4Life
10-04-2013, 06:12 PM
Guessing you weren't around for the'80's.

I'm 18, going on 19...dude. :doh:

I'm a family fan. Anybody who calls be a bandwagon fan either is sadly mistaken. My grandparents, cousins, and my mother (who isn't with us anymore btw :/) were all lifelong fans.

But I do have some recall in my knowledge that after the 70's the team fell hard. I've known that. Luckily I wasn't around then and I'm getting the lesson now and man, it stings when you're surrounded by division rival fans. (namely the annoying ass "Who dey!" crowd)

SteelCity4Life
10-04-2013, 06:14 PM
The Browns have been a QB away from competing for at least three years now.

If Hoyer is out then they'll go back to their offensive ineptitude, but the time for dismissing them has passed.

Circle of NFLife.

You're forgetting their wide receivers who couldn't catch a cold for the longest time ever.

They always look for a QB but they forget that you need a COMPLETE OFFENSE.

Something we now lack and the reason that we are the laughing stalk of our division and the NFL being a very leveled fan base (lots of other fans hate us)

NSMaster56
10-04-2013, 06:34 PM
You're forgetting their wide receivers who couldn't catch a cold for the longest time ever.

They always look for a QB but they forget that you need a COMPLETE OFFENSE.

Something we now lack and the reason that we are the laughing stalk of our division and the NFL being a very leveled fan base (lots of other fans hate us)

That's true.

Still, a good enough QB can overcome a lack of options. Brady made an AFCCG with Reche Caldwell as his #1, Peyton is the king of turning chicken $h!t into chicken salad and Big Ben won two SBs without a widely accepted strong WR corps. For that matter who were [young] Dan Marino and John Elway throwing to?

If the Browns add Jaaaaaash Freeman (scared of this possibility) or if Weeden somehow becomes competent (unlikely) they'll be a legitimate 8-8 or better caliber team.

SteelCity4Life
10-04-2013, 06:40 PM
That's true.

Still, a good enough QB can overcome a lack of options. Brady made an AFCCG with Reche Caldwell as his #1, Peyton is the king of turning chicken $h!t into chicken salad and Big Ben won two SBs without a widely accepted strong WR corps. For that matter who were [young] Dan Marino and John Elway throwing to?

If the Browns add Jaaaaaash Freeman (scared of this possibility) or if Weeden somehow becomes competent (unlikely) they'll be a legitimate 8-8 or better caliber team.

True. Damn it, you got me on Elway and Marino. :doh: My knowledge is TOO thin of those days. I just know of big names like Greene, Bradshaw, etc. If that's what you were getting at with me? :noidea:

Not sure, but according to what I saw on the NFL site the Brown's said they would not take Freeman. Yeah I don't see Weeden getting them far. They played the Bills and the Bengals. Bengals are better but they are far from proven at this point.

Edit: Here > http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000255386/article/josh-freeman-wont-be-pursued-by-cleveland-browns

NSMaster56
10-04-2013, 06:57 PM
Not sure, but according to what I saw on the NFL site the Brown's said they would not take Freeman.

Edit: Here > http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000255386/article/josh-freeman-wont-be-pursued-by-cleveland-browns

Strange. You'd think they'd want to 'go for it' and strike while the iron is hot...?

I don't see Weeden getting them far. They played the Bills and the Bengals. Bengals are better but they are far from proven at this point.

This is true. We'll know a lot more about the Browns as they enter their BYE. Their next four are: DET, @ GB, @ KC and BAL.

Even after their BYE they've got @ CIN, @ NE and CHI.

The loss of Hoyer is huge. 6-10/7-9 may be their ceiling as things are.

MACH1
10-04-2013, 07:33 PM
I'm 18, going on 19...dude. :doh:

I'm a family fan. Anybody who calls be a bandwagon fan either is sadly mistaken. My grandparents, cousins, and my mother (who isn't with us anymore btw :/) were all lifelong fans.

But I do have some recall in my knowledge that after the 70's the team fell hard. I've known that. Luckily I wasn't around then and I'm getting the lesson now and man, it stings when you're surrounded by division rival fans. (namely the annoying ass "Who dey!" crowd)

:sofunny:

Nobodys calling you a bandwagon fan. I have the 80's mentally blocked like they never happened. If you think 4 weeks is hard try a whole decade. :chuckle:

Fire Haley
10-04-2013, 07:56 PM
Unlike the majority of lemmings here, I don't fear the Browns.

We have Ben, they have Weeden at QB. (now, after that poor bastard got bit with their curse)

That said I do applaud the Brownies for taking over the AFC North lead - I have a feeling both the Rats and Cincy lose this weekend.

We'll hold onto the the cellar key for week, we've earned it

NSMaster56
10-04-2013, 08:30 PM

Pride comes before the fall.

Steelers are 2-9 in their last 11 regular season games. Browns are 6-6.

There's nothing wrong with facing reality. As Bob Dylan said, 'times they are a changin''.

Fire Haley
10-04-2013, 08:39 PM
If we get beat, we get beat

they do have a pretty damn good DL

I'd take theirs over our dancing ballerinas any day

vasteeler
10-05-2013, 06:30 PM
https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1377603_740559642624740_430130476_n.jpg

WVABE
10-06-2013, 11:11 AM
I'm gonna be a Pats & Wallace fan for a day, this will be fun to watch the Browns run away with the division.

:-)

Bane
10-06-2013, 11:44 AM
If any team other than the Steelers is 1st in the AFC North, I'm glad it's the Browns. The hilarity it brings is... Well, hilarious.

Besides, I'm cool with the Browns getting in a good season every few years (http://www.thefreedictionary.com/decades), given their awful organization and their dedicated fan base, especially since it means the Bengals and Ravens probably still suck. :chuckle:

SteelCity4Life
10-06-2013, 01:18 PM
:sofunny:

Nobodys calling you a bandwagon fan. I have the 80's mentally blocked like they never happened. If you think 4 weeks is hard try a whole decade. :chuckle:

I just brought up the bandwagon thing because it seems to be an on going theme for other teams' fans calling us bandwagon-ers.

An entire decade of sucking? You mean like the BROWNS? :chuckle:

No, make that like 2 or 3 decades...:sofunny:

SteelCity4Life
10-06-2013, 01:31 PM

We have Ben, they have Weeden at QB. (now, after that poor bastard got bit with their curse)

That said I do applaud the Brownies for taking over the AFC North lead - I have a feeling both the Rats and Cincy lose this weekend.

We'll hold onto the the cellar key for week, we've earned it

We also have an inferior offensive line and a defense that has gone to sleep after 3 games. Whipping them is also a thing of the past.

Hopefully they lose today. So far the Rats are losing to Tannehil and his ridiculous turnovers. How in the HELL has Miami won with such a fluke ass QB?

Brady will probably find a way to outshine Cincy.

jak341
10-06-2013, 02:32 PM
I can't bring myself to root for the Patriots. I just can't.

CantStop85
10-06-2013, 03:05 PM
Beat the Packers, lose to the Browns, beat the Patriots. Pretty standard Bengals season.

NSMaster56
10-06-2013, 03:10 PM
Bengals D is legit.

Class of the AFC North.

WVABE
10-06-2013, 03:20 PM
So much for rooting for the Pats or Wallace, aintcha glad dropsy is gone.

Neil-Still-Rules-14
10-06-2013, 03:30 PM
Well... the rest of the division is 3-2.

steve314
10-06-2013, 06:05 PM
Well... the rest of the division is 3-2.

Makes the comeback (which is inevitable, to be sure) that much harder, but sweeter.

TRH
10-06-2013, 06:42 PM
We also have an inferior offensive line and a defense that has gone to sleep after 3 games. Whipping them is also a thing of the past.

Hopefully they lose today. So far the Rats are losing to Tannehil and his ridiculous turnovers. How in the HELL has Miami won with such a fluke ass QB?

Brady will probably find a way to outshine Cincy.

exactly. It doesn't matter that we have the far superior QB.

Our "team" and coaching blows (at best) right now and unfortunately, the Browns are a better team. It was bound to happen sooner or later.
Hopefully our coaching staff and front office has many ideas to turn this horrible thing around.