PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Power Rankings and Predictions

Steelknife
09-01-2006, 01:51 PM
Of course, no respect again. Just the way I like it.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/preview06/news/story?id=2568742

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/powerranking?season=2006&week=1

NO RESPECT again. Just how I like it.

Man_Of_Steel
09-01-2006, 01:59 PM
I see we get some respect in the power rankings. We're in the top 3 so I can't complain. Those yahoo's doing the predictions are never right, so I could care less about what they say.

Steelknife
09-01-2006, 02:00 PM
Thats not respect. The team we DOMINATED in the Super Bowl is #1 and the team THEY dominated to reach the Super Bowl is #2.

No way we should be any lower than #1. We're the world champs. By rule, we should open the season at #1.

RoethlisBURGHer
09-01-2006, 02:02 PM
Fine with me.Actually....f--k the pundits,time to prove them all wrong again.

THREEPEAT THE REPEAT!

stlrtruck
09-01-2006, 02:09 PM
I'm surprised they don't pick the clowns to finish ahead of us. Do they actually think that the few departures we had are going to make that big of a difference.

My conclusion is this - Some of those so called "experts" have never played the game so they don't know what they're talking about. The others have been hit too many times that they possibly still have a concussion so they, too, don't know what they're talking about!

I do agree that since we won the SB, we should be #1. Until we are out of the playoffs in one way or another, then we should be number #1 but then again, the media hates us, they hate Steelers fans in general because we are THE BEST DAMN FANS IN THE WORLD!!!!

Man_Of_Steel
09-01-2006, 02:14 PM
Thats not respect. The team we DOMINATED in the Super Bowl is #1 and the team THEY dominated to reach the Super Bowl is #2.

No way we should be any lower than #1. We're the world champs. By rule, we should open the season at #1.

Thats a very good point. We are on top until somebody knocks us down. :boxing:

Is there any history of the past power rankings on that website? I'd like to see who was first in the years past for the opening of the season.

Livinginthe past
09-01-2006, 02:54 PM
Thats a very good point. We are on top until somebody knocks us down. :boxing:

Is there any history of the past power rankings on that website? I'd like to see who was first in the years past for the opening of the season.

Here ya go MOS,

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/powerranking?season=2005&week=1

Just change the year in the address bar to what you want, you can do the same with the week.

As you can see, the Patriots were top ranked, but they pretty much dominated the season from beginning to end - winning their division etc.

Its the same story in 2004.

I have no doubt that if Pittsburgh had won the SB the year they went 15-1 they would have been No.1 at the start of the following year.

If you look back at 2002 (the year after the Patriots beat the Rams) we end up in 6th place in the rankings with the rams still in 1st place.

NM

SteelerFanInCA
09-01-2006, 03:04 PM
Predicitons are basically worthless yet fun to look at it. Come on, Michael Vick for MVP? Boy, that one was really pulled from way out in left field.

Midnightwriter07
09-01-2006, 03:28 PM
lol @ Vick as MVP... says it all .... that is one of the biggest jokes !!

steelcurtain09
09-01-2006, 03:29 PM
a few things bout this

the good: at least they rnt predictin balt and clev winnin the super bowl like some other people are and were b4 lecharles bentley got hurt
bungels probly deserve their spot but i still dont like it

the bad: the pats r a little to high 4 not havin a #1 wr
im pullin 4 the cards this year they should be higher

sorry some crappy things but nothin really ugly

im gonna laugh my ass off when t.o. holds out in week 6 this year. he wont last very long

SteelerFanInCA
09-01-2006, 03:30 PM
lol @ Vick as MVP... says it all .... that is one of the biggest jokes !!

Yeah, i'd be interested to see what formula or logic they used to come up with that one.:sofunny: :sofunny: