PDA

View Full Version : Jets Vs. Falcons

SteelCity4Life
10-07-2013, 08:36 PM
Hmm...probably a good idea to study who we're facing Sunday if we have any hope of turning this season around.

I heard "lack of a pass rush" about the Falcons. Sounds familiar, doesn't it??

Geno may have had 4 turnovers the previous week, but he is lighting that defense up tonight.

Might not wanna jump to assumptions yet. Our defense was god awful last week and that's the story for the losing side right now. Geno had all day to throw as well. Also sounds familiar. The opposing team having plenty of time to throw...

On top of it, it looks like Smith has some good offensive weapons.

Tomlin better have his team ready to go or a rookie QB may once again see a decent start.

NSMaster56
10-07-2013, 08:59 PM
The thing about the Jets is, they're a well coached team.

They're short on talent, but Rex Ryan knows how to get the most out of what he has.

Steelstoned1972
10-07-2013, 09:06 PM
Hmm...probably a good idea to study who we're facing Sunday if we have any hope of turning this season around.

I heard "lack of a pass rush" about the Falcons. Sounds familiar, doesn't it??

Geno may have had 4 turnovers the previous week, but he is lighting that defense up tonight.

Might not wanna jump to assumptions yet. Our defense was god awful last week and that's the story for the losing side right now. Geno had all day to throw as well. Also sounds familiar. The opposing team having plenty of time to throw...

On top of it, it looks like Smith has some good offensive weapons.

Tomlin better have his team ready to go or a rookie QB may once again see a decent start.

This get real ugly if the Steelers can't win this week. Where does the bleeding stop , if we don't win this week?
I know the Jets are playing well but they will be playing on 5 days rest compared to Pittsburgh's 13....I gotta think we can win but Damn if we don't ?

Ugly. I hope not.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

NSMaster56
10-07-2013, 09:09 PM
One more thought on Steelers @ Jets:

Both teams are terrible in the first quarter. PIT 12-34, NYJ 15-27.

Comparatively, PIT has only been outscored by 16 points in the last three quarters combined (4 pts/game).

So if we assume that they maintain near that average, say outscored 17-13 in Q's 2-4, all the Steelers have to do is score a TD or two FGs in the first (or outscore the Jets by 6-7) and that should, in theory, be enough to hold on to a close W.

But all of that ignores Xs and Os, which could get ugly considering what we've seen from PIT and NYJ.

tony hipchest
10-07-2013, 09:23 PM
Mike Smith needs to learn how to play some conventional football and kick a field goal

zcoop
10-07-2013, 09:35 PM
Matty Cold (ice) Strikes again. Damn Pigeons!

tony hipchest
10-07-2013, 10:33 PM
that's why you take it easy 3 points in a close game in the first half mike smith.

GodfatherofSoul
10-07-2013, 10:45 PM
Geno looked pretty sharp

kan_t
10-08-2013, 01:24 AM
The thing about the Jets is, they're a well coached team.

They're short on talent, but Rex Ryan knows how to get the most out of what he has.
He's a great coach if he can shut his mouth.

Fire Haley
10-08-2013, 05:34 AM
Run Ben Run!

the Jets D-line will be salivating at facing our sad sack O-line

and Geno might get 150 yds rushing against our weak front 7

NJarhead
10-08-2013, 07:04 AM
Run Ben Run!

the Jets D-line will be salivating at facing our sad sack O-line

and Geno might get 150 yds rushing against our weak front 7

I'll bet you can't wait to complain. What are you going to complain about if we win? The weather?

Fire Haley
10-08-2013, 07:23 AM
I'll bet you can't wait to complain. What are you going to complain about if we win? The weather?

the weather is gorgeous

Why do you care what I say?

and who the fuck do you think you are? some little Eichmann telling people what to say?

NSMaster56
10-08-2013, 12:20 PM
Trying to be overly optimistic; the Jets beating the Dirty Birds may bode well for PIT.

They've been a Jekyll/Hyde team from week to week, so maybe they're 'due' for another bad week?

Work with me here!

SteelCity4Life
10-09-2013, 09:53 AM
Trying to be overly optimistic; the Jets beating the Dirty Birds may bode well for PIT.

They've been a Jekyll/Hyde team from week to week, so maybe they're 'due' for another bad week?

Work with me here!

Well hopefully the depth chart line ups will make a difference this week.

We need to make them make mistakes. Like when Geno took that big sack because the Falcons brought 6, leaving a guy uncovered and headed straight for the QB.

The fact that he's just a rookie helps us. We need to exploit that as much as we can.

Hopefully we'll see some action from Bell, but their defense can be really good or really bad and miss some serious tackles.

GodfatherofSoul
10-09-2013, 11:17 AM
Them winning in a big flashy way bodes well for us. I think the personnel moves will have a lot of guys thinking about job security as well. We've got a great setup going into this one, just hope they all come to play.