PDA

View Full Version : Defensive Playmaker

Raw Steel
10-09-2013, 12:59 PM
I am pretty sure we will have a top 10 pick, maybe even a top 5 pick. I understand our issues with the offensive line, but we have had those issues for awhile and have won, I really think our defense isn't even close to where it was and we need play makers.

Here is the guy we should be taking:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000259772/article/ask-5-who-is-the-best-player-from-a-nonbcs-conference

SteelersCanada
10-09-2013, 01:19 PM
Mack is a good player. Anthony Barr is too, as is CJ Mosley and they're all OLBs. If we're going OLB, it has to be one of those three guys but I doubt they take one because we just drafted Jarvis Jones and Woodley is only 28.

Raw Steel
10-09-2013, 01:55 PM
I got to be honest with you. I don't feel good about Woodley. I wonder if they could move him inside.

cbrunn
10-09-2013, 02:22 PM
If picking in the top 5 and want to go pass rusher, you have to go Clowney or Anthony Barr

Barr fits the 3-4 more... If Tomlin wants to switch to the 4-3 after LeBeau retires then Clowney would be interesting

But I think if you get a chance to take a QB to solidify your franchise for the next 15 yrs, you take Brett Hundley or Marcus Mariota

They're both young guys who won't lose any value sitting for 2 yrs behind Ben , actually would probably do them good

You never know when you'll get that chance again

Soberdisposition
10-09-2013, 04:19 PM
Id rather wait till day 2/3 and look at the following if we do end up picking a QB;

Derek Carr Fresno State
AJ Mccarron Alabama
Aaron Murray Georgia

I honestly think though Landry Jones could develop nicely, hes got a good few years yet to sit and learn. Id rather pick an Offensive Lineman though as theres no point having any type of QB if all he is going to do is get sacked on a sunday...

cbrunn
10-09-2013, 05:10 PM
Id rather wait till day 2/3 and look at the following if we do end up picking a QB;

Derek Carr Fresno State
AJ Mccarron Alabama
Aaron Murray Georgia

I honestly think though Landry Jones could develop nicely, hes got a good few years yet to sit and learn. Id rather pick an Offensive Lineman though as theres no point having any type of QB if all he is going to do is get sacked on a sunday...

you just can't keep pouring picks into the Oline though ... that leaves you deficient in the actual play making areas(as we are seeing now)

you just can't have 5 1st rd picks on the Oline (right now there is 2 1st rd picks and 2 2nd rd picks) ... you just can't , that'll be too much money and time invested in the Oline... eventually ppl have to step up

and I'm not talking about Andy Dalton type QB ... I'm talking the face of a franchise type QB , you don't get too often to select one of those guys

Soberdisposition
10-10-2013, 04:53 PM
What if they don't step up though? I honestly think we are a LT away from having (when they are all fit) potentially one of the best lines of the future. Velasco or pouncey at G with de Castro manning the right side is a formidable interior. Beach or Adams at RT with a franchise LT. Sounds good to me .

SteelersCanada
10-11-2013, 09:41 AM
If picking in the top 5 and want to go pass rusher, you have to go Clowney or Anthony Barr

Barr fits the 3-4 more... If Tomlin wants to switch to the 4-3 after LeBeau retires then Clowney would be interesting

But I think if you get a chance to take a QB to solidify your franchise for the next 15 yrs, you take Brett Hundley or Marcus Mariota

They're both young guys who won't lose any value sitting for 2 yrs behind Ben , actually would probably do them good

You never know when you'll get that chance again

Mack is the epitome of a 3-4 OLB. Mosley is too.

If we're talking Quarterback and we have the opportunity to take Bridgewater, it's a no-brainer. Mariota doesn't look like an NFL QB. You can't throw screens and dumpoffs every 2 plays in the NFL.

NJarhead
10-11-2013, 09:53 AM
I'd be willing to trade that pick to the Seahawks for Richard Sherman.

:couch:

cbrunn
10-11-2013, 04:57 PM
Mack is the epitome of a 3-4 OLB. Mosley is too.

If we're talking Quarterback and we have the opportunity to take Bridgewater, it's a no-brainer. Mariota doesn't look like an NFL QB. You can't throw screens and dumpoffs every 2 plays in the NFL.

Barr is too ... and is the best play maker of the 3 , at least to me

and yeah only thing with Mariota is the system , but I think he has an arm though , but Brett Hundley is the QB I want the most

also yeah you can Alex Smith made a living off of check downs lol

Lets say , the Browns play good enough to not ensure them one of the QBs ... what is they offer , both their 1st , our 3rd back ... and say nxt yr 1st or this yr 2nd

would you Let the Browns get the QB they want and the QB you'll be facing for the nxt how ever long years??

SteelersCanada
10-11-2013, 05:05 PM
Barr is too ... and is the best play maker of the 3 , at least to me

and yeah only thing with Mariota is the system , but I think he has an arm though , but Brett Hundley is the QB I want the most

also yeah you can Alex Smith made a living off of check downs lol

Lets say , the Browns play good enough to not ensure them one of the QBs ... what is they offer , both their 1st , our 3rd back ... and say nxt yr 1st or this yr 2nd

would you Let the Browns get the QB they want and the QB you'll be facing for the nxt how ever long years??

No. The Browns can deal with whatever we and the Buccaneers don't take (i.e, Manziel).

I don't want an Alex Smith clone.

If we're going after a QB, it's Bridgewater.

cbrunn
10-13-2013, 01:59 PM
No. The Browns can deal with whatever we and the Buccaneers don't take (i.e, Manziel).

I don't want an Alex Smith clone.

If we're going after a QB, it's Bridgewater.

Bridgewater the most pro ready , but I think Hundley has the most upside, especially since he would get a chance to sit and learn

but I think I'm coming around to the Oline pick ... it sucks to have to spend so much on the Oline but damn man they suck :banging::noidea:

Neil-Still-Rules-14
10-13-2013, 08:34 PM
Aaron Donald?