PDA

View Full Version : New here ... kinda shy

SteelersFire
09-01-2006, 03:55 PM
Hi everyone.

I'm a Steelers fan from way back. The 70s in fact (dies a little when showing my age :dang: ). I'm in California now, but originate from Massachusetts. And yeah, I always went Black 'n Gold fever, even back "in the day" :busted:

Y'all seem so, well, knowledgeable about stats and rosters and everything. I feel way out of my league here, but I enjoy cruising the forums and live for Steelers football. How worthless is summer? lol

I'm going to the Steelers/Raiders' game on Oct. 29th ... I CAN'T WAIT!!! I may be the only terrible towel waver in the crowd, but I'll be there and I'll roll with whatever punches may come. I'm thinking of hiring bodyguards. (yikes) :smile: but ya know? It's gonna be SO worth it!

So. Anyway. Go Steelers!

Call me Fire :smile:

Cape Cod Steel Head
09-01-2006, 03:58 PM
Hi everyone.

I'm a Steelers fan from way back. The 70s in fact (dies a little when showing my age :dang: ). I'm in California now, but originate from Massachusetts. And yeah, I always went Black 'n Gold fever, even back "in the day" :busted:

Y'all seem so, well, knowledgeable about stats and rosters and everything. I feel way out of my league here, but I enjoy cruising the forums and live for Steelers football. How worthless is summer? lol

I'm going to the Steelers/Raiders' game on Oct. 29th ... I CAN'T WAIT!!! I may be the only terrible towel waver in the crowd, but I'll be there and I'll roll with whatever punches may come. I'm thinking of hiring bodyguards. (yikes) :smile: but ya know? It's gonna be SO worth it!

So. Anyway. Go Steelers!

Call me Fire :smile:Welcome, and bodyguards, or at least body armor isn't a bad idea. But trust me you won't be the only one waving the towel.:bouncy:

ARKIESTEEL
09-01-2006, 04:02 PM
Welcome no need to be shy

SteelersFire
09-01-2006, 04:03 PM
God Bless if that doesn't offend and nice to meet you Cape Cod :smile:

This will only be my second live attendance at a Steelers game! I'm so psyched!!!

So maybe those bodyguards can be overcome by sheer enthusiasm?

Thanks for the welcome :smile:

memphissteelergirl
09-01-2006, 04:03 PM
Don't be shy, sweetie! We're all Steeler fans here. I only signed on a couple of months ago and I felt right at home.

(BTW...I think the bodyguard thing is probably a good idea :wink: )

SteelersFire
09-01-2006, 04:05 PM
Thank you muchly ArkiesSteel. I'm just hoping I can contribute something somewhere along the line. (yikes)

I'll admit too, if it matters to anybody, I follow the Raiders and the Pats. But my heart is, and always has been, BLACKNGOLD!

floodcitygirl
09-01-2006, 04:08 PM
Welcome Fire and enjoy! There are alot of people here that know more than a thing or two about football but there are those of us that are still learning....and have a long way to go! Have fun. :smile:

SteelersFire
09-01-2006, 04:10 PM
And thank you so much Memphis! Nice to see the (cough) opposite gender here! I always feel a bit dumb when I show my football fever. Lots of gals don't get it and guys tend to turn a blind eye.

Anyone have any comments about our preseason record and/or Cowher's non-commitment this year? With Bettis out and Randel El's abdication and Big Ben's thumb, I can only think that our morale may be suffering a bit.

Comments?

Prosdo
09-01-2006, 04:52 PM
Welcome to SF!

SteelerFanInCA
09-01-2006, 04:55 PM
Welcome to the site. What part of California are you from?

SteelersFire
09-01-2006, 04:59 PM
North Central ... Raiders county (heaven help me)

Thank you FloodCity and Prosdo and another CA fan!!! How cool is that!!! (Though I was all alone out here ... LOL)

SteelersFire
09-01-2006, 05:18 PM
So no one has any comment about morale? Or should I try and post this somewhere else? I'm a little worried about how our boys will react to the Bettis void, the Randel El abdication and Cowher's non-commitment. But that's just me LOL. Is there somewhere else I could/should post this topic?

BlackNGold203
09-01-2006, 05:30 PM
In regards to morale..i dont believe anyone is too worried...Cowher keeps the boys pretty motivated...and we have many leaders on this team...

If you would like to start a new thread...for Steelers related stuff,,,you can start one in the "pittsburgh Steelers" section....check out all the sections...there is pretty much a section for everything...:cool: :cool:

SteelersFire
09-01-2006, 05:46 PM
Thank you BNG203 ... I believe we've already spoken on an unrelated thread. But I'll try to get the hang of what needs to be where.

Thank you for the welcome. I'm happy to be here.

slyfox13
09-01-2006, 05:55 PM
Hi everyone.

So. Anyway. Go Steelers!

Call me Fire :smile:
youll be fine

83-Steelers-43
09-01-2006, 06:01 PM
Hello and enjoy. :smile:

SteelersFire
09-01-2006, 06:19 PM
Y'all are great. How did I know that would be so?

Thank you all so much for the warm welcome. If anyone here is from North Central CA, or anywhere else, I like to learn and I like to chat about almost anything. PM me if you want. But I guess I'll take the moderator's advice and try to find other topic subjects to contribute to, or start, or something.

Go Steelers!

MattsMe
09-01-2006, 09:33 PM
Welcome aboard, and don't be shy, just jump right in.

SteelCityMan786
09-01-2006, 09:46 PM
Welcome aboard man.

SteelShooter
09-10-2006, 02:57 PM
Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome ..........................and did I say "Hey There?"

Lyn
09-10-2006, 09:02 PM
I did not realize they used the term "ya'll" in Mass or Calif oh well learn something new everyday!~

Welcome to SF

BlackNGold203
09-10-2006, 09:04 PM
I did not realize they used the term "ya'll" in Mass or Calif oh well learn something new everyday!~

Welcome to SF

:sofunny: :sofunny:

floodcitygirl
09-11-2006, 08:13 AM

Welcome to SF:sofunny: Good catch Lyn. I was suprised that it is used here in Cincy. They don't know yinz or youse. Well, it is SOUTHERN Ohio.

lamberts-lost-tooth
09-11-2006, 11:23 AM
Welcome ..Im sure your comments will add greatly to an already terrific site

Woogie
09-11-2006, 11:46 AM
Welcome! I'm fairly new too, and don't post a ton (stupid job). I've been a Steeler fan since meeting close friends in school back in the early 90s. I didn't know a lot about football then (I played soccer and was raised by a German father who cared little for "American Football").

Luckily, I ended up meeting and marrying a fellow life-long Steeler fan who is also a former high school player (for Ben's high school, no less!) He sealed my Pittsburgh fan fate (which was already well secure, thank you very much). He's taught me tons about the game and our weekends are full of football!!!

Welcome again!

SteelersFire
09-11-2006, 12:37 PM

Welcome to SF

Thanks. And actually they don't use that term here or in MA, but I spent a couple of years in FL and it kinda stuck :cool:

I've been out of town on business and haven't had much time to play (I hear you Woogie and welcome to SF!)

Thanks again for the warm welcome everyone.