PDA

View Full Version : Early draft mocks

Soberdisposition
10-09-2013, 05:29 PM
So, what do people think our positions of need are and in what order should we address them? (if at all)

In my own humble view;

1st - OL
2nd - CB
3rd - WR ( im assuming we get one as compensatory)
4th - DL
5th - LB/S depth/development
6th - Same as above

Ive not got masses of knowledge yet but at the minute id absolutely love;

1st - Taylor Lewan/ Jake Matthews
2nd - Louchiez Purifoy
3rd - Josh Huff/ Donte Moncrief
4th - Daquan Jones/Deandre Coleman

Not too bothered about names for 5th and 6th, give me someone fast and athletic and put a little faith in our coaching staff that theyll come good. Lamin Barrow or CJ Barnett would be nice. A lot of my thinking reflects badly on the futures of Ryan Clark and Sean Spence with the later drafting though.

teegre
10-10-2013, 01:28 AM
So, what do people think our positions of need are and in what order should we address them? (if at all)

In my own humble view;

1st - OL
2nd - CB
3rd - WR ( im assuming we get one as compensatory)
4th - DL
5th - LB/S depth/development
6th - Same as above

Ive not got masses of knowledge yet but at the minute id absolutely love;

1st - Taylor Lewan/ Jake Matthews
2nd - Louchiez Purifoy
3rd - Josh Huff/ Donte Moncrief
4th - Daquan Jones/Deandre Coleman

Not too bothered about names for 5th and 6th, give me someone fast and athletic and put a little faith in our coaching staff that theyll come good. Lamin Barrow or CJ Barnett would be nice. A lot of my thinking reflects badly on the futures of Ryan Clark and Sean Spence with the later drafting though.

I love those first two picks!!!

cbrunn
10-10-2013, 06:27 AM
Right now I'm on

1 - Brett Hundley / Mike Evans
2 - Aaron Colvin / Purifiy / Eric Erbon / DeAnthony Thomas

Rest of the way its too early

Although I am not on the draft a linemen bandwagon , I do like Antonio Richardson
Maybe a trade back up into the second half of round 1 and take him

Soberdisposition
10-10-2013, 03:55 PM
I love Brett Hundley but I think it could be too early for a QB with our current line set up. I can totally see the reasoning behind it though.

Soberdisposition
10-10-2013, 03:57 PM
And mentioning DAT....things dreams are made of if we pick him. Oregon are the college team I support so I've seen a lot of him.

Miki88
10-29-2013, 02:02 AM
I am satisfied with you and you are in right .

Galax Steeler
10-29-2013, 04:56 AM
I am satisfied with you and you are in right .

Bye Bye Spammer :wave:

SteelersCanada
10-29-2013, 11:28 AM
Matt Miller has us going Taylor Lewan in the first (5th overall right now as of current draft standings) and HaHa Clinton-Dix in the second, the Safety from 'Bama.

cbrunn
10-29-2013, 12:11 PM
Matt Miller has us going Taylor Lewan in the first (5th overall right now as of current draft standings) and HaHa Clinton-Dix in the second, the Safety from 'Bama.

If HaHa makes it to the 2nd you jump

As for Lewnan - meh I'm not a fan of LT pick but it might be necessary... Sadly all the high picks on line and still need more

SteelersCanada
10-29-2013, 02:47 PM
Scenario 1 - Picking 6th - 9th

1. Anthony Barr, OLB, UCLA.
2. Ha'Sean Clinton-Dix, FS, Alabama.
3. Louchiez Purifoy, CB, Florida.

Anthony Barr looks like he's in the same caliber that Von Miller and Aldon Smith were coming out of college.

"HaHa" playing with Shamarko Thomas is just awesome.

Purifoy has been in a nosedive since the beginning of the season. It's been hard to watch him play so poorly for as long as he has been. Poor angles, missed tackles, dropped INTs and the lack of explosive plays have sent him tumbling down the boards. I don't think I've ever seen someone drop so far in such a short amount of time. It's not even completely out of the question to have him mocked in the fourth at this point, albeit unlikely. This kid was once a mid first round prospect, but because the Florida defense has just come off its hinges, it's made that entire defense look bad. Roberson is in the same boat as Purifoy.

Scenario 2 - Picking 3rd Overall

1. Marcus Mariota, QB, Oregon
2. Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE, Washington
3. Marcus Roberson, CB, Florida.

It's not debatable - if we're picking 3rd overall and Mariota is on the board, we have to take him. There's no if's, ands or buts about it. He's going to be a franchise Quarterback in the NFL. I had serious concerns and doubts about this kid after Oregon's offensive attack in 2012 was dump-offs and screens for the majority of their passing attack, but this kid came into 2013 with a vengeance it seems. He's accurate in and out of the pocket and can scramble for huge gains. He's more accurate than RG3 with better touch on his passes. While he's not as fast outside the pocket, he's a mini-Ben in the fact that he can escape, look down field and hit his target. This kid could come into 2014 and start for the Steelers, but that's the beautiful thing about this pick - he's not going to have to. He can sit behind Ben for a year and sponge off of him. He can learn and pick up the subtleties of the game behind one of the greatest in it. Then, he can follow in his footsteps.

Benjamin had Miller, and Mariota will have ASJ. He just makes plays. He's sure-handed and doesn't need to be the focal point of an offense, but is a hell'uva complementary piece. Picture Heath Miller lite, and you have this kid. He won't be a Gronkowski or Hernandez, but he'll be a safety blanket.

Marcus is in the same boat as Purifoy. A poor 2013 has sent his stock in a serious downward spiral. I could legitimately copy and paste what I said about Purifoy and have it apply to Roberson. Roberson and Allen provide a solid 1-2 punch at CB. He'd come in for Dime packages to start, then eventually beat out Gay for the Nickel and take over for Ike when he hangs 'em up.

I have this scenario second because it's far less likely, albeit possible. Roethlisberger misses time every year and there's no reason to think this season is going to be different. We're already in a nightmare so far, and if Ben goes down, there's no telling what will happen. The first two picks of the draft would be Teddy Bridgewater to Jacksonville and Clowney to Tampa. And, no, I wouldn't trade the third overall pick if Mariota is there.

cbrunn
10-29-2013, 09:35 PM

Anthony Barr looks like he's in the same caliber that Von Miller and Aldon Smith were coming out of college.

"HaHa" playing with Shamarko Thomas is just awesome.

Purifoy has been in a nosedive since the beginning of the season. It's been hard to watch him play so poorly for as long as he has been. Poor angles, missed tackles, dropped INTs and the lack of explosive plays have sent him tumbling down the boards. I don't think I've ever seen someone drop so far in such a short amount of time. It's not even completely out of the question to have him mocked in the fourth at this point, albeit unlikely. This kid was once a mid first round prospect, but because the Florida defense has just come off its hinges, it's made that entire defense look bad. Roberson is in the same boat as Purifoy.

Scenario 2 - Picking 3rd Overall

1. Marcus Mariota, QB, Oregon
2. Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE, Washington
3. Marcus Roberson, CB, Florida.

It's not debatable - if we're picking 3rd overall and Mariota is on the board, we have to take him. There's no if's, ands or buts about it. He's going to be a franchise Quarterback in the NFL. I had serious concerns and doubts about this kid after Oregon's offensive attack in 2012 was dump-offs and screens for the majority of their passing attack, but this kid came into 2013 with a vengeance it seems. He's accurate in and out of the pocket and can scramble for huge gains. He's more accurate than RG3 with better touch on his passes. While he's not as fast outside the pocket, he's a mini-Ben in the fact that he can escape, look down field and hit his target. This kid could come into 2014 and start for the Steelers, but that's the beautiful thing about this pick - he's not going to have to. He can sit behind Ben for a year and sponge off of him. He can learn and pick up the subtleties of the game behind one of the greatest in it. Then, he can follow in his footsteps.

Benjamin had Miller, and Mariota will have ASJ. He just makes plays. He's sure-handed and doesn't need to be the focal point of an offense, but is a hell'uva complementary piece. Picture Heath Miller lite, and you have this kid. He won't be a Gronkowski or Hernandez, but he'll be a safety blanket.

Marcus is in the same boat as Purifoy. A poor 2013 has sent his stock in a serious downward spiral. I could legitimately copy and paste what I said about Purifoy and have it apply to Roberson. Roberson and Allen provide a solid 1-2 punch at CB. He'd come in for Dime packages to start, then eventually beat out Gay for the Nickel and take over for Ike when he hangs 'em up.

I have this scenario second because it's far less likely, albeit possible. Roethlisberger misses time every year and there's no reason to think this season is going to be different. We're already in a nightmare so far, and if Ben goes down, there's no telling what will happen. The first two picks of the draft would be Teddy Bridgewater to Jacksonville and Clowney to Tampa. And, no, I wouldn't trade the third overall pick if Mariota is there.

I love Scenario 2 ...

Would you Trade Ben to Arizona for their 1st and 2nd and a 2013 2nd or 3rd depending if they make the playoffs or something like that?? ...

SteelersCanada
10-29-2013, 11:23 PM
I love Scenario 2 ...

Would you Trade Ben to Arizona for their 1st and 2nd and a 2013 2nd or 3rd depending if they make the playoffs or something like that?? ...

Absolutely, but only if scenario 2 plays out. If we get Mariota, I'd trade Ben to Arizona for a first in a heartbeat. Think about it this way, they're going to end up having a top 10 pick as well which means that there's a very real chance in that scenario, albeit very unlikely, that we end up with Mariota and Lewan. Franchise QB and LT. Not too shabby.

Sadly that will never happen.

IowaSteeler927
10-30-2013, 07:45 AM
1st Round 4th-6th Overall Pick (Guessing...)
Cyrus Kouandjio OT Alabama
or
Jake Matthews OT Texas A&M

Both of these guys have the intangibles to be franchise LTs in the NFL. Of course we thought that about Mike Adams and he hasn't panned out so far. I think the Steelers definitely take an OT in the draft. It adds depth to the offensive line which has had trouble staying healthy, and it should make for some great competition in camp.

2nd Round 36th Overall Pick
RaShede Hageman DT/DE Minnesota
or
Bradley Roby CB Ohio State

Hageman is just nasty and I think he could play DE in our 3-4. I'm not a personal fan of Roby after a cheap shot or two in the Iowa -Ohio State game a couple of weeks back but admittedly the guy is physical, he flies to the ball, and hits like a mack truck. All the things I like to see in a Steeler corner.

4th Round
CJ Fiedorowicz TE Iowa
and
Chris Borland ILB Wisconsin

Fiedorowicz has freakish intangibles and he's the blue chip kind of guy that the Steelers seem to like to draft and develop at the TE position. With Heath Miller as a mentor I think he can be scary good. Chris Borland has been an underrated animal in the Wisconsin defense. He is slightly undersized but he's just one of those blue chip kind of guys that seems to have a knack for making plays.

I'd also like to add one guy who I think is going to be a UFA that I think the Steelers will sign will be James Morris ILB Iowa. Another guy kind of the same as Chris Borland out of Wisconsin. Undersized and underrated. I think he'll fall late into the 7th round or go undrafted. Been watching him at Iowa his whole college career. Fits the mold of a typical ILB out of Iowa. Has a nose for the football and is always around it making plays. Could be a diamond in the rough kind of guy. Maybe I'm wrong but he'd be worth a look as a 7th rounder or UFA for sure.

PhantomJB93
10-30-2013, 02:49 PM
I LOVE the idea of Mariota but I don't see him leaving Oregon, he won't be 1st overall this year with Bridgewater but very easily could be next year. Although if Oregon wins the NC this year, that could change his decision. If he did enter the draft and was available, I don't think I'd hesitate to take him.

But since I don't expect that to happen, my ideal mock draft right now is:

1. Mike Evans, WR, Texas A&M
2. Kyle Fuller, CB, Virginia Tech
3. Any DL

Soberdisposition
11-06-2013, 08:14 PM
I love the Roby pick, definitely a Steelers corner! He will be a 2nd/3rd rounder i think , heres hoping he flies under the radar and we can pick him up with a comp.

Hageman is one nasty SOB ! Would the teams picking at the end of the 1st pick him up though?

If we pick either Cyrus Kouandjio or Taylor Lewan in the first id be pretty happy, as has been touched upon though if Mariota is there how can we pass on him? We could pull an Oregon 1-2 punch if he declares, pick up Mariota in the 1st DAT in the 2nd then pick up a faller on defence such as Roberson in the 3rd. DAT in the slot at an NFL level intrigues me! I cant see Purifoy falling below the 2nd round hence the Roberson pick,he is too athletic and too talented to do so ( saying that if he tanks the combine.....)

IF we did pick Mariota (or another 1st round QB) what would you do with Ben? Let Mariota sit under him or look at trading him for picks and going all in with Mariota?

Likewise would you trust our staff with an offensive lineman who needs some work at the next level? (Lewan and Kouandjio both fit into this IMO)

Would you guys consider Colt Lyerla if he escapes jail time and can prove that he is clean? Hell of a talented player as an UDFA to sit under Heath and come in for two TE sets...

SteelersCanada
11-06-2013, 08:57 PM
I love the Roby pick, definitely a Steelers corner! He will be a 2nd/3rd rounder i think , heres hoping he flies under the radar and we can pick him up with a comp.

Roby is arguably a top 15 pick at this point. I wish he was a second round pick though.

I think you're right - he'd look awesome in black and gold.

kan_t
11-06-2013, 09:11 PM

I like Barr but my only question is where do you play him. I'm not seeing the Steelers dumping Woodley.

Soberdisposition
11-07-2013, 04:34 AM
Roby is arguably a top 15 pick at this point. I wish he was a second round pick though.

I think you're right - he'd look awesome in black and gold.

I think ekpre olomu will go before him, I can see either him or one of the Florida CBS falling.

cbrunn
11-07-2013, 08:51 PM
Ekpre is just all around a better player then Roby , besides for athletic ability

And Lewnan is a no go , he is not a franchise LT

And Cyrus might not be s LT jn the league

That CB , Denard from Michigan state is a rd 2 kind of guy , plays like a steeler

PhantomJB93
11-07-2013, 10:02 PM
I like Barr but my only question is where do you play him. I'm not seeing the Steelers dumping Woodley.

In the event Barr or Clowney is selected, I don't think shifting Jarvis Jones inside is the worst idea in the world. His outside rushing skills need some work but he has the instincts and physicality to play ILB.

PhantomJB93
11-10-2013, 03:43 PM
Just for shits given what happened today, how about a Ben trade mock draft? I don't really want it to happen but it's interesting to think about.

Ben traded to Minnesota for Minnesota's 2014 first and second round picks as well as a 2015 first rounder.

1A. Marcus Mariota, QB, Oregon
1B. Louis Nix, NT, Notre Dame
2A. Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE, Washington
2B. Kyle Fuller, CB, Virginia Tech (I'm sorry I keep throwing him in in every mock, he's my homer pick, but let's just say an early second round CB goes here).
3. (Comp Pick) Kurtis Drummond, S, Michigan State

Draft a WR, LT, or ILB with the 2015 picks

Soberdisposition
11-11-2013, 05:29 AM
I dont think we'd get two first round picks for Ben, a 1st, 3rd and maybe something like a 6th or 7th. In the event we do id like to see this;

1A Brett Hundley , QB, UCLA
1B Taylor Lewan, OT , Michigan
2 HaHa Clinton Dix , S , Alabama
3 Darqueeze Dennard , CB, Michigan State
4 Jared Abbrederis , WR , Wisconsin
5 DaQuan Jones, DT , Penn State/ Danny Shelton, DT , Washington
6 Max Bullough , ILB , Michigan State
7 Patrick O'Donnell, P , Miami (FLA)
7 Kaneakua Friel , TE , BYU

FA - Colt Lyerla , TE , Oregon
Beau Allen, DT, Wisconsin
David Fluellan, RB, Toledo
Mike Olson , OLB, Wake Forest

Thatd make me pretty happy.

:tt04:

Edit - Id like to say though, i dont think we should trade Ben.

SteelersCanada
11-11-2013, 01:51 PM
Well, half the season is now in the books which means it's time for my first mock.

Projected Draft Pick: 5th Overall

1. Jacksonville Jaguars - Teddy Bridgewater, QB, Louisville
2. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Jadeveon Clowney, DE, South Carolina
3. Minnesota Vikings - Marcus Mariota, QB, Oregon
4. Atlanta Falcons - Jake Matthews, OT, Texas A&M
5. Pittsburgh Steelers - Anthony Barr, LB, UCLA

The Pick: He's just one of those guys that we can't pass up. He's long, lean and athletic. He's built in the same mold of Aldon Smith in terms of his raw physical traits. He fits best in a 3-4 Attacking Scheme where he'd be rushing the passer upwards of 85 - 90% of the time. While he can drop into coverage and execute complex blitzes, he's best used as a pass rusher. He simply represents the best value for the pick and is arguably a better defensive prospect (especially for a 3-4 scheme) than Jadeveon Clowney. I asked teegre something I'll ask you guys - if you had the chance to draft Aldon Smith without the character issues, would you?

2nd Round - 37th Overall - Kelcy Quarles, DT, South Carolina

The Pick: We could go a lot of different ways with this pick. CB, LB, Safety, WR, etc., but for the sake of what I feel is a pressing need, we go NT and we get a damn good one. Kelcy will get overlooked because he's playing on the same line as Jadeveon Clowney, but that does not mean he's not a hell'uva player in his own right. He's a guy that can fight off double teams and be a space eater up the middle, which would allow not only our Linebackers to get more pressure on the outside, but would allow Heyward and McLendon to generate pressure one-on-one in the interior and crash the pocket. A true NT here would do wonders for this team in terms of generating pressure and allowing the pocket to collapse. A line composed of Barr and Jones on the outside with Heyward, McLendon and Quarles on the interior wreaking havoc is the future of this team and it's a bright future at that.

3rd Round - ?? Overall - Compensatory Selection - Kyle Fuller, CB, Virginia Tech

The Pick: Fuller is an interesting prospects for a lot of reasons but I think what stands out most is his potential. To me, he's like another Cortez Allen. While he doesn't go to a smaller school, he often gets overlooked as he's on a secondary which is arguably the best in the country. He had a fantastic game against the Crimson Tide earlier this year which put him on teams' radar. He looks like a play maker and a guy that doesn't necessarily have to come in and start immediately, but has the potential to do so. He's just a great prospect with high upside. I'd be very interested to see what Carnell is able to do with him.

PhantomJB93
11-11-2013, 09:01 PM
I dont think we'd get two first round picks for Ben, a 1st, 3rd and maybe something like a 6th or 7th. In the event we do id like to see this;

1A Brett Hundley , QB, UCLA
1B Taylor Lewan, OT , Michigan
2 HaHa Clinton Dix , S , Alabama
5 DaQuan Jones, DT , Penn State/ Danny Shelton, DT , Washington

Thatd make me pretty happy.

Edit - Id like to say though, i dont think we should trade Ben.

If the Bungals could net two first round picks for a scrub like Carson Palmer, we could get a desperate team like the Vikings to give up 2 for a 2-time SB winning QB in Ben. And again, this won't happen, but I'm just saying in the event Roethlisberger was put on the trade block, I don't think it can be understated how huge a return he'd net. SB-winning franchise QB's who aren't THAT old don't get traded often, there's nothing to really compare it to.

cbrunn
11-12-2013, 06:34 AM
this is a great website for Salary ... http://overthecap.com/calculator/?Team=Steelers

With Ben traded , Ike Cut , Troy Cut , Heath Cut , Levi Brown cut (or trade any of the mentioned players even for cheap) ... Steelers have 25 Mill in cap space ...

of course it would be total rebuild , but still ... just goes to show you not only would it help rebuild for the future in netting some good picks ... it shows you the kind of money that can be opened up

anyway I think Arizona would be the best place for Ben , of course Ariens , but get their 1st and 2nd , and a future pick depending on if they make the playoffs like a 3rd or 4th or something

Soberdisposition
11-12-2013, 06:11 PM
Realistically -

Cut Troy, L Brown, Paulson , Ike, Mclendon , Spaeth ,

Total cap saving of $15m in 2014.

Let Kiesel, Burress, Clark ,Cotchery, Jones , Warren, Hood, Howling, Wilson, Woods, Sylvester, Sanders, Worilds and Gordon go

Look to sign Ben to a lower 3 year deal with less guaranteed money and more bonuses for games played, playoff appearances etc built in.

That way you keep the franchise QB and save money.

With the $15m id look to extend Velasco,Dwyer and Whimper(1 year minimum salary) . Id tender an offer to Worilds but if we cant afford him then let him go and take the compensatory.

Then look at free agents, we are short on the D line so look at someone like Greg Hardy? Hes only 25 so plenty of room to get better plus he fills a need. Id then look at picking up a half decent CB and safety.

Draft would basically then play out like below;

1 Louis Nix , DT (would the NT for us) Notre Dame
2 Cameron Erving , OT, Florida State
5 Deone Bucannon , S, Washington State

Imagine a D-line of Hardy - Nix - Heyward with our linebacking core....

Also this guy with the Sharknado!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYPDHFwk7uo

teegre
11-13-2013, 08:31 AM
5 Deone Bucannon , S, Washington State

Also this guy with the Sharknado!

I watch a lot of PAC-12. Bucannon is amazing. I've been on his bandwagon for months.

But... will he be there in R5???

My guess: they would have to use the R3 comp pick at the latest (he is most likely a late R2 pick).

teegre
11-13-2013, 08:39 AM
Well, half the season is now in the books which means it's time for my first mock.

Projected Draft Pick: 5th Overall

1. Jacksonville Jaguars - Teddy Bridgewater, QB, Louisville
2. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Jadeveon Clowney, DE, South Carolina
3. Minnesota Vikings - Marcus Mariota, QB, Oregon
4. Atlanta Falcons - Jake Matthews, OT, Texas A&M
5. Pittsburgh Steelers - Anthony Barr, LB, UCLA

The Pick: He's just one of those guys that we can't pass up. He's long, lean and athletic. He's built in the same mold of Aldon Smith in terms of his raw physical traits. He fits best in a 3-4 Attacking Scheme where he'd be rushing the passer upwards of 85 - 90% of the time. While he can drop into coverage and execute complex blitzes, he's best used as a pass rusher. He simply represents the best value for the pick and is arguably a better defensive prospect (especially for a 3-4 scheme) than Jadeveon Clowney. I asked teegre something I'll ask you guys - if you had the chance to draft Aldon Smith without the character issues, would you?

2nd Round - 37th Overall - Kelcy Quarles, DT, South Carolina

The Pick: We could go a lot of different ways with this pick. CB, LB, Safety, WR, etc., but for the sake of what I feel is a pressing need, we go NT and we get a damn good one. Kelcy will get overlooked because he's playing on the same line as Jadeveon Clowney, but that does not mean he's not a hell'uva player in his own right. He's a guy that can fight off double teams and be a space eater up the middle, which would allow not only our Linebackers to get more pressure on the outside, but would allow Heyward and McLendon to generate pressure one-on-one in the interior and crash the pocket. A true NT here would do wonders for this team in terms of generating pressure and allowing the pocket to collapse. A line composed of Barr and Jones on the outside with Heyward, McLendon and Quarles on the interior wreaking havoc is the future of this team and it's a bright future at that.

3rd Round - ?? Overall - Compensatory Selection - Kyle Fuller, CB, Virginia Tech

The Pick: Fuller is an interesting prospects for a lot of reasons but I think what stands out most is his potential. To me, he's like another Cortez Allen. While he doesn't go to a smaller school, he often gets overlooked as he's on a secondary which is arguably the best in the country. He had a fantastic game against the Crimson Tide earlier this year which put him on teams' radar. He looks like a play maker and a guy that doesn't necessarily have to come in and start immediately, but has the potential to do so. He's just a great prospect with high upside. I'd be very interested to see what Carnell is able to do with him.

I'd like a LT... via free agency. It's the one area where this team has actually spent money in that regard (Duval Love, Will Wolford, Jeff Hartings... even Flozell Adams).

Barr:
http://forums.steelersfever.com/showpost.php?p=1209529&postcount=164

NT:
McClendon - Nix/Quarles - Heyward

CB:
The third biggest need (behind LT & NT).

kan_t
11-13-2013, 09:22 AM
Just for shits given what happened today, how about a Ben trade mock draft? I don't really want it to happen but it's interesting to think about.

Ben traded to Minnesota for Minnesota's 2014 first and second round picks as well as a 2015 first rounder.

1A. Marcus Mariota, QB, Oregon
1B. Louis Nix, NT, Notre Dame
2A. Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE, Washington
2B. Kyle Fuller, CB, Virginia Tech (I'm sorry I keep throwing him in in every mock, he's my homer pick, but let's just say an early second round CB goes here).
3. (Comp Pick) Kurtis Drummond, S, Michigan State

Draft a WR, LT, or ILB with the 2015 picks
I don't know. Doesn't really make sense from the Vikings' point of view. They can save a 2015 first round pick, 2014 second round pick and ton of cap space by simply picking up Mariota.

Soberdisposition
11-13-2013, 07:18 PM
I watch a lot of PAC-12. Bucannon is amazing. I've been on his bandwagon for months.

But... will he be there in R5???

My guess: they would have to use the R3 comp pick at the latest (he is most likely a late R2 pick).

Depends , I think there are players from "bigger" programmes who will get picked before him, I can see him shooting up though! I wouldn't mind giving up a 3rd for him though, I think he could be something truly special. The guy just loves to hit and you can't coach that

cbrunn
11-13-2013, 09:18 PM
This would be my plan ... Cut or trade (preferably) Ike , Troy , Heath , Levi , Pouncey , Larry Foote

This opens up 26 Mil

Resign Velasco - GO AFTER BRANDON ALBERT maybe like a 8 or so cap hit this year or whatever , give him solid LT money

Thats the key is get Brandon Albert , we released all those players to open up cap space to sign a FRANCHISE Left Tackle ...

Using Walterfootball New Mock draft for position and who's left (right now has us picking at #7)

1st - Louis Nix - NT (It's hard for me to pass up on Sammy Watkins , But Move McClendon to DE a line like Heyward - Nix - McClendon could get the Run Defense back to stout)

2nd - David Yankee - Guard (The Line still needs help , Foster just should be a backup , Alt Picks : Guard Gabe Jackson)

3rd (comp pick) - Jarvis Landry - WR

4th - CJ Fiedorowicz - TE

that's all im going to do now , anything else is too hard right now ... Would have to pick up a Free Agent CB though ... Or could do Kyle Fuller or Darqueze Dennard in round 2 ... I just think a Legit Starting LG is more important

I also like Andre Hall as a 4th-5th Round CB

teegre
11-14-2013, 12:45 AM
Depends , I think there are players from "bigger" programmes who will get picked before him, I can see him shooting up though! I wouldn't mind giving up a 3rd for him though, I think he could be something truly special. The guy just loves to hit and you can't coach that

In every game that i have seen of his, and i mean EVERY single game, he lays someone out.

A decleating.
A player getting the wind knocked out of him.
A player getting knocked out.

It. Is. Awesome.

Soberdisposition
11-14-2013, 04:01 AM
Have you seen Max Bullough? Not quite as a ferocious hitter but puts some big hits in and is a great leader, I'd love to pick him up.

People like that are tone setters and get everyone else playing to a higher standard

teegre
11-14-2013, 11:20 PM
Have you seen Max Bullough? Not quite as a ferocious hitter but puts some big hits in and is a great leader, I'd love to pick him up.

People like that are tone setters and get everyone else playing to a higher standard

I have not.

I found this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIU-U7rseGU

While I don't see ILB as a huge need, using a R5 (or R6) pick on him might be good for depth... and special teams.

Soberdisposition
11-16-2013, 07:30 AM
I think he's a solid depth pick who can come in and contribute in a year or two. Hes a great run stopper

Hawaii 5-0
11-17-2013, 02:12 AM
James C Wexell ‏@jimwexell:

My guess is that #Steelers GM Kevin Colbert spent more time on Sammy Watkins at Clemson than he did Taj Boyd.

https://twitter.com/jimwexell

BLACK_AND_YELLOW
11-18-2013, 10:23 PM
1. Eric Ebron, TE, North Carolina
2. Justin Gilbert, CB, Oklahoma State
3*. Deone Bucannon, S, Washington State
4. DeVante Parker, WR, Louisville
4*. Daniel McCullers, NT, Tennessee
5. Morgan Moses, OT, Virginia
6. Roderick McDowell, RB, Clemson
7. Pat O'Donnell, P, Miami

note: *=compensatory

cbrunn
11-19-2013, 11:02 PM
I really like kasen Williams as a WR they can target with the mike Wallace comp pick
If he decides to declare

teegre
11-20-2013, 03:33 PM
1. Eric Ebron, TE, North Carolina
2. Justin Gilbert, CB, Oklahoma State
3*. Deone Bucannon, S, Washington State
4*. Daniel McCullers, NT, Tennessee
5. Morgan Moses, OT, Virginia
7. Pat O'Donnell, P, Miami

note: *=compensatory

My "Matt Elam-esque" man-crush of this draft. :chuckle:

BLACK_AND_YELLOW
11-20-2013, 06:22 PM
My "Matt Elam-esque" man-crush of this draft. :chuckle:

So we can expect the ravens to draft him :banging:

Damn you teegre!!!! :sofunny:

teegre
11-20-2013, 06:29 PM
So we can expect the ravens to draft him :banging:

Damn you teegre!!!! :sofunny:

Oh yeah... dagnabbit!!!

I hate Deone Buccannon... haaaate him!!!

cbrunn
11-23-2013, 12:52 PM
Marqueston Huff is a very underrated Safety I think

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TWd7En8-m0

Could probably be had 4 or later

Legit 4.4 speed ... used to play Corner and has Fluid hips to stay with TEs ,

cbrunn
11-24-2013, 03:17 PM
I'm going to say stay with Kelvin Beachum as the LT ... He's getting better every week , and may very well be good enough to win with

playmakers win games , LTs don't

Also Back half as I say they make the playoffs

1 - Eric Ebron , TE , North Carolina
2 - Darqueze Dennard , CB , MSU
3* - Kasen Williams , WR , Washington
4 - Danny Shelton , NT , Washington
4* - Arie Kouandijo , G , Bama
5 - Marqueston Huff , S , Wyoming
6 - Cody Webster , P , Purdue
7 - Billy Turner , T , North Dakota State

BehindSteelCurtain
11-26-2013, 11:02 AM
1st Round 4th-6th Overall Pick (Guessing...)
Cyrus Kouandjio OT Alabama
or
Jake Matthews OT Texas A&M

Both of these guys have the intangibles to be franchise LTs in the NFL. Of course we thought that about Mike Adams and he hasn't panned out so far. I think the Steelers definitely take an OT in the draft. It adds depth to the offensive line which has had trouble staying healthy, and it should make for some great competition in camp.

2nd Round 36th Overall Pick
RaShede Hageman DT/DE Minnesota
or
Bradley Roby CB Ohio State

Hageman is just nasty and I think he could play DE in our 3-4. I'm not a personal fan of Roby after a cheap shot or two in the Iowa -Ohio State game a couple of weeks back but admittedly the guy is physical, he flies to the ball, and hits like a mack truck. All the things I like to see in a Steeler corner.

4th Round
CJ Fiedorowicz TE Iowa
and
Chris Borland ILB Wisconsin

Fiedorowicz has freakish intangibles and he's the blue chip kind of guy that the Steelers seem to like to draft and develop at the TE position. With Heath Miller as a mentor I think he can be scary good. Chris Borland has been an underrated animal in the Wisconsin defense. He is slightly undersized but he's just one of those blue chip kind of guys that seems to have a knack for making plays.

I'd also like to add one guy who I think is going to be a UFA that I think the Steelers will sign will be James Morris ILB Iowa. Another guy kind of the same as Chris Borland out of Wisconsin. Undersized and underrated. I think he'll fall late into the 7th round or go undrafted. Been watching him at Iowa his whole college career. Fits the mold of a typical ILB out of Iowa. Has a nose for the football and is always around it making plays. Could be a diamond in the rough kind of guy. Maybe I'm wrong but he'd be worth a look as a 7th rounder or UFA for sure.

Haven't we learned anything over the past few drafts? 3-4 D-Lineman just are not worth taking in the first or second rounds.

PhantomJB93
11-26-2013, 01:33 PM
I'm thinking if we manage to pull off this miraculous run to the playoffs from 2-6 and wind up drafting in the 20's, meaning we have little-to-no chance at Nix or a top LT or WR, we should target a TE like Ebron or Seferian-Jenkins.

SteelersCanada
12-07-2013, 11:07 PM
embed tweets is broken again.

harrison'samonster
12-07-2013, 11:30 PM
embed tweets is broken again.

which team does he play for? We wouldn't want to draft a broken player.

SteelersCanada
12-07-2013, 11:34 PM
which team does he play for? We wouldn't want to draft a broken player.

:chuckle:

I was going to come in here and talk up Kelvin Benjamin, but nooooooo.

Bayz101 - I don't know what you did last time it was broken but it's broka-did again.

harrison'samonster
12-07-2013, 11:36 PM
:chuckle:

I was going to come in here and talk up Kelvin Benjamin, but nooooooo.

Bayz101 - I don't know what you did last time it was broken but it's broka-did again.

you've got to admit, Embed Tweets sounds like a great defensive back

SteelersCanada
12-07-2013, 11:38 PM

:toofunny:

Speaking of defensive backs, Darqueze Dennard is having a great game vs. Ohio State and it just so happens we need a CB.

Bayz101
12-07-2013, 11:58 PM

There isn't an option for me to enable HTML in every forum, so I have to do it individually. I enabled it in this forum, so tweet embedding should work.

Edit: Oops, quoted the wrong post. :chuckle:

SteelersCanada

SteelersCanada
12-08-2013, 12:12 AM
There isn't an option for me to enable HTML in every forum, so I have to do it individually. I enabled it in this forum, so tweet embedding should work.

Edit: Oops, quoted the wrong post. :chuckle:

SteelersCanada

:drink:

Always on the ball, 'atta boy Bayz (except when quoting individual posts, evidently :chuckle:)!

Steelstoned1972
12-08-2013, 12:17 AM

Speaking of defensive backs, Darqueze Dennard is having a great game vs. Ohio State and it just so happens we need a CB.

I was thinking same thing. . .dude is a beast..and we like Michigan state guys !

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Steelstoned1972
12-08-2013, 12:31 AM
I hope Tomlin and Colbert take Denard to dinner like they did last year with Bell. Db is by far our biggest need . Our line is young just can't stay healthy .

Bayz101
12-08-2013, 01:27 AM
I was thinking same thing. . .dude is a beast..and we like Michigan state guys !

Fuck Michigan State. :crying02:

I'm going to bed now. :chuckle:

Steelstoned1972
12-08-2013, 01:31 AM
Fuck Michigan State. :crying02:

I'm going to bed now. :chuckle:

No I just mean , Tomlin and Colbert have a thing fir Mark Dantonio guys! They took Kirk Cousins to dinner the year before they took Bell to dinner!

Bayz101
12-08-2013, 02:05 AM
No I just mean , Tomlin and Colbert have a thing fir Mark Dantonio guys! They took Kirk Cousins to dinner the year before they took Bell to dinner!

Still, fuck Michigan State. :sofunny:

teegre
12-08-2013, 09:37 AM

cbrunn has been ALL about Dennard for months.

With the 32nd selection in the 2014 NFL Draft, the world champion Pittsburgh Steelers select: Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan St.

teegre
12-08-2013, 09:39 AM

Washington stole Kirk Cosins from Pittsburgh. Cousins WAS going to be the R4 choice that year; instead, the following year, Landry Jones was selected in R4.

Steelstoned1972
12-08-2013, 10:13 AM
Washington stole Kirk Cosins from Pittsburgh. Cousins WAS going to be the R4 choice that year; instead, the following year, Landry Jones was selected in R4.

That's like being a day late and a dollar short. So far , id much rather have cousins.

cbrunn
12-08-2013, 02:17 PM
:tt04:cbrunn has been ALL about Dennard for months.

With the 32nd selection in the 2014 NFL Draft, the world champion Pittsburgh Steelers select: Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan St.

Dennard is shooting up draft boards too ... He is exactly the kind of CB that would fit in perfect in the black and gold

Wouldn't be surprised if dennard isn't the first CB taken , and it should be us

PhantomJB93
12-08-2013, 04:53 PM
I don't know what we need now. Definitely more problems on defense. Right now I'm leaning towards Louis Nix as who we should draft in the hope that a real NT fixes the defense back up, but I don't know if it will. The defense needs something because it's just flat-out embarrassing at times this season. There's not really one gaping hole because when you look at everyone individually there isn't an obvious weak link, they just seem to tremendously under-perform as an entire, complete unit.

Dalarin
12-08-2013, 07:56 PM
We could always draft a true Fullback in the later rounds. An easy upgrade that would make more sense than any other pick to me. We havent had a good fullback since Kreider and we havent had a dominant running game since then either. Coincidence? I think our O-line is at worst average now and I like the defensive players in the early rounds.

Dalarin
12-09-2013, 07:16 AM
I don't know what we need now. Definitely more problems on defense. Right now I'm leaning towards Louis Nix as who we should draft in the hope that a real NT fixes the defense back up, but I don't know if it will. The defense needs something because it's just flat-out embarrassing at times this season. There's not really one gaping hole because when you look at everyone individually there isn't an obvious weak link, they just seem to tremendously under-perform as an entire, complete unit.

I like Nix too and I mentioned his name before the season started. I think our problem on D is the line. The only player that looks to fit the mold of our previous lineman is Heyward. Our backers can't feast unless the line serves the meal.

teegre
12-09-2013, 08:26 AM

Dennard is shooting up draft boards too ... He is exactly the kind of CB that would fit in perfect in the black and gold

Wouldn't be surprised if dennard isn't the first CB taken , and it should be us

If Nix is there... then... what do you do?

Odds are Nix is gone, but if not...

SteelersCanada
12-09-2013, 10:20 AM
6-10 / 7-9 is the most likely possibility, so we're looking at 9th overall - 14th overall.

Darqueze Dennard, Louis Nix, Sammy Watkins or C.J. Mosley in that range fits a need and is a very talented, top tier type player.

cbrunn
12-09-2013, 11:24 AM
If Nix is there... then... what do you do?

Odds are Nix is gone, but if not...

I'm passing on nix ... That big with knee problems already

Only player I take over dennard at this point is Watkins ... Although top 10 may be too high for dennard as he doesn't have elite athleticism

Davante Adams is intriguing too and reading he's leaning towards coming out

If Kelvin Benjamin comes out though , he's my #1 even over Watkins ... Benjamin is a freak of nature with incredible ball skills

teegre
12-09-2013, 02:19 PM
6-10 / 7-9 is the most likely possibility, so we're looking at 9th overall - 14th overall.

Darqueze Dennard, Louis Nix, Sammy Watkins or C.J. Mosley in that range fits a need and is a very talented, top tier type player.

Mosley?

Who sits?

SteelersCanada
12-09-2013, 02:36 PM
Mosley?

Who sits?

Jarvis, Mosley, Timmons, Woodley/Worilds

I really like Vince Williams, but Mosley is an immediate upgrade and has a higher ceiling with more potential. Dude is a monster.

Speaking of monsters, have you seen Kelvin Benjamin?

teegre
12-09-2013, 02:56 PM
Jarvis, Mosley, Timmons, Woodley/Worilds

I really like Vince Williams, but Mosley is an immediate upgrade and has a higher ceiling with more potential. Dude is a monster.

Speaking of monsters, have you seen Kelvin Benjamin?

Benching Williams... hmmm... I'd rather get a NT or CB (and see what Williams can do).

Mosley is easily better than Williams, but... Williams + a CB is even betterer than "just" Mosley.

I have not seen Kelvin Benjamin. Do tell...

SteelersCanada
12-09-2013, 03:10 PM
Benching Williams... hmmm... I'd rather get a NT or CB (and see what Williams can do).

Mosley is easily better than Williams, but... Williams + a CB is even betterer than "just" Mosley.

I have not seen Kelvin Benjamin. Do tell...

Oh absolutely, I'd rather have Dennard and Nix but depending on where we are, they might be gone. Mosley is just a top tier kind of guy.

Here's Kelvin Benjamin. Good lord.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTkyr7Qv8mc

6'5, 235 lbs. receiver with that agility and speed, combined with immense strength.

Steelstoned1972
12-09-2013, 03:22 PM
Oh absolutely, I'd rather have Dennard and Nix but depending on where we are, they might be gone. Mosley is just a top tier kind of guy.

6'5, 235 lbs. receiver with that agility and speed, combined with immense strength.

Thank you. He looks like a beast. How much better would our red zone offense look , throwing it up to that guy ?

CanSteel7
12-09-2013, 03:28 PM
Holy Cow!!! He looks like a beast!! What is his draft rating? Is he a top 10 pick? What do the scouts say about him as an overall receiver? Is he a 1st round worthy receiver?

teegre
12-09-2013, 03:58 PM

Oh yeah... that guy.

I've seen FSU play a few series (I was mostly watching Jameis Winston), but I kept thinking: who is THAT!?!

Now I know. :chuckle:

SteelersCanada
12-09-2013, 04:38 PM
Thank you. He looks like a beast. How much better would our red zone offense look , throwing it up to that guy ?

AB can get us into the red zone with his shiftiness and speed, then Kelvin can finish the drive off with his ridiculous size and strength.

Oh yeah... that guy.

I've seen FSU play a few series (I was mostly watching Jameis Winston), but I kept thinking: who is THAT!?!

Now I know. :chuckle:

Man, this kid is nuts. With the depth at CB and a few options after Nix at NT, I wouldn't even be disappointed if we went with this kid in the first round. 6'5 235 and plays like he's Calvin Johnson, albeit CJ lite.

Steelstoned1972
12-09-2013, 04:51 PM
AB can get us into the red zone with his shiftiness and speed, then Kelvin can finish the drive off with his ridiculous size and strength.

Man, this kid is nuts. With the depth at CB and a few options after Nix at NT, I wouldn't even be disappointed if we went with this kid in the first round. 6'5 235 and plays like he's Calvin Johnson, albeit CJ lite.

I wouldn't complain if we nabbed him rd 1 . We would have to load up on defense about every other pick though.

cbrunn
12-09-2013, 04:52 PM
Only thing is with Kelvin Benjamin is he is a red short soph ... He can stay with Jamis and probably compete for another national championship ... And improve his draft stock probably to top 5

cbrunn
12-09-2013, 08:43 PM
Here Benjamin Freshman highlights , used on reverses and things ... the guys a monster ... Boston College coach called him the Avatar and Duke Coach called him a monster

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RY3IviZeT8I

PhantomJB93
12-09-2013, 11:24 PM
I don't expect Benjamin to declare. He has to compete with Sammy Watkins and Mike Evans to go first round, who are similarly productive but Watkins has a larger body of work and Evans is the same type of player but has been in the spotlight longer and has the "SEC opponents" card to pull. If he waits a year, he has another year of Winston throwing to him and probably goes as an early first round lock in 2015.

SteelersCanada
12-10-2013, 12:00 AM
I don't expect Benjamin to declare. He has to compete with Sammy Watkins and Mike Evans to go first round, who are similarly productive but Watkins has a larger body of work and Evans is the same type of player but has been in the spotlight longer and has the "SEC opponents" card to pull. If he waits a year, he has another year of Winston throwing to him and probably goes as an early first round lock in 2015.

I think he'd preform better than Evans at the combine though by leaps and bounds.

cbrunn
12-10-2013, 06:23 AM
I think he'd preform better than Evans at the combine though by leaps and bounds.

Yeah If he comes out which I don't really expect him too but hey if you win a national championship what else is there to do?

He'll rise for sure , easily will be a 1st round pick teams will not pass up on that potential of a 6'5 freak of nature , with good speed and incredible ball skills

@phaontomJB93

bthorn86
12-11-2013, 12:12 PM
Hey guys...brand new mock draft right here..http://sportsagentblog.com/2013/12/11/the-sports-agent-blog-2014-nfl-mock-draft/

Some of the highlights...Bridgewater #1, Clowney #2 (Rams will be hard-pressed to pass on him), Steelers grabbing Mike Evans and Justin Verrett)..

BLACK_AND_YELLOW
12-11-2013, 12:52 PM
1. Louis Nix, NT, Notre Dame
2. Bradley Roby, CB, Ohio State
3. Shayne Skov, ILB, Stanford
4. Jeremiah Attaochu, OLB, Georgia Tech or Tre Boston, S, North Carolina
5. Marqueston Huff, S, Wyoming or Justin Britt, OT, Missouri
6. Cody Webster, P, Purdue
7. John Martinez, G/C, USC

harrison'samonster
12-11-2013, 12:52 PM
Hey guys...brand new mock draft right here..http://sportsagentblog.com/2013/12/11/the-sports-agent-blog-2014-nfl-mock-draft/

Some of the highlights...Bridgewater #1, Clowney #2 (Rams will be hard-pressed to pass on him), Steelers grabbing Mike Evans and Justin Verrett)..

Thanks! I would be more than happy with those two.

SteelersCanada
12-11-2013, 05:48 PM
Quick little three round mock until the end of the year when I go into depth and review film one more time. Let me know whatcha guys think:

1. C.J. Mosley, Linebacker, Alabama

2. Kelcey Quarles, Defensive Tackle, South Carolina

3. (Compensatory) Marcus Roberson, Defensive Back, Florida

teegre
12-11-2013, 11:48 PM

Yes, yes, yes.

I'd like Puifoy, but I'd take that in a heartbeat.

teegre
12-11-2013, 11:49 PM
Quick little three round mock until the end of the year when I go into depth and review film one more time. Let me know whatcha guys think:

1. C.J. Mosley, Linebacker, Alabama

2. Kelcey Quarles, Defensive Tackle, South Carolina

3. (Compensatory) Marcus Roberson, Defensive Back, Florida

A Florida DB... I'm sold. :chuckle:

PhantomJB93
12-12-2013, 01:15 AM

That UCF QB is a nice sleeper but there is absolutely no chance in hell he jumps into the top 5 and passes Carr and Hundley. Even the Jaguars wouldn't make that risky a selection. He could jump up into the third, maybe even the second, MAYBE even the late first, but there are too many big name QBs with better resumes coming out who will go before him.

But I wouldn't complain about snagging Evans and Verrett at all.

bthorn86
12-12-2013, 07:10 AM
That UCF QB is a nice sleeper but there is absolutely no chance in hell he jumps into the top 5 and passes Carr and Hundley. Even the Jaguars wouldn't make that risky a selection. He could jump up into the third, maybe even the second, MAYBE even the late first, but there are too many big name QBs with better resumes coming out who will go before him.

But I wouldn't complain about snagging Evans and Verrett at all.

I gotta say, Hundley in no way is more pro-ready than Bortles and honestly, I'm not sure he will be better. I think you're undervaluing Bortles a little bit. But yeah, those two players would be great for you guys without a doubt..especially Verrett he's a Steeler all the way.

cbrunn
12-12-2013, 08:51 PM
4. Jeremiah Attaochu, OLB, Georgia Tech or Tre Boston, S, North Carolina
5. Marqueston Huff, S, Wyoming or Justin Britt, OT, Missouri

Marqueston huff !!! , I think he'll be a great safety to pair with shamarko

Steelstoned1972
12-12-2013, 10:04 PM
Marqueston huff !!! , I think he'll be a great safety to pair with shamarko

Who is this huff that u speak of ?

Steelstoned1972
12-12-2013, 10:39 PM
On a side note how good do Fluker and Keenan Allen look for the Chargers ?

cbrunn
12-13-2013, 06:18 AM
Who is this huff that u speak of ?

Somebody I posted a couple pages back about, Think Tashaun Gipson from the Browns but more athletic ability , both went to Wyoming and Huff was inserted to lineup once Gipson left , but Gipson is becoming a good Safety for the Browns

Marqueston Huff is a very underrated Safety I think

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TWd7En8-m0

Could probably be had 4 or later

Legit 4.4 speed ... used to play Corner and has Fluid hips to stay with TEs ,

Steelstoned1972
12-13-2013, 06:38 AM
Somebody I posted a couple pages back about, Think Tashaun Gipson from the Browns but more athletic ability , both went to Wyoming and Huff was inserted to lineup once Gipson left , but Gipson is becoming a good Safety for the Browns

Sounds good, Thanks !

MDSteel15
12-13-2013, 06:33 PM
We defininately need to quit screwing around in the draft and protect Ben no with LT Branden Albert via Free Agency! Then go to the draft....

Rd 1: Ha’Sean Clinton-Dix, FS, Alabama or Louis Nix, DT, Notre Dame
Rd 2: Jace Amaro, TE, Texas Tech or Kelvin Benjamin, WR, Florida State (HUGE target)
Rd 3 comp: Trey Millard, FB, Oklahoma (You want old school Steelers, it starts with a FB)
Rd 4: Jeremy Gallon, WR, Michigan (Straight out playmaker)
Rd 5: Daniel McCullers, NT, Tennessee

teegre
12-15-2013, 09:54 AM
Here is how I see it:

1. NT/ILB/DB
2. DB/NT/ILB
3. ILB/DB/NT

R1 will be one of these: Nix, Mosley, Ekpre-Olomu (or, Clinton-Dix). The next two rounds will depend on who is selected in the first round.

BLACK_AND_YELLOW
12-21-2013, 03:13 AM
1. Kelvin Benjamin, WR, Florida State
4. De'Anthony Thomas, RB/WR/KR/PR, Oregon
4. Tre Boston, S, North Carolina
5. Daniel McCullers, NT, Tennessee
6. Carrington Byndom, CB, Texas

cbrunn
12-21-2013, 08:59 AM

Love Benjamin
Roby I'd pass on , he has the tools , but meh not that impressed - unless we're talking Free Safety switch
Skov would be a good pick but just don't think ILB is no where near a need to take in the top 3 rounds
DAT - Weapon , I wouldn't be opposed to it but he is tiny maybe would be supposed to be what Rainey was supposed to be
Boston - I'd rather Marqueston Huff

Steel Glory
12-21-2013, 10:20 AM
I would try and trade down in the first to recuperate the 3rd round pick we tossed the Browns way for Shamarko Thomas.

1. Cameron Erving, OT, FSU
2. Kyle Fuller, CB, Virginia Tech
3. Lache Seastrunk, RB, Baylor
3b.Tre Boston, FS, North Carolina
4. Donte Moncrief, WR, Ole Miss
5. Jacob Pederson, TE, Wisconsin
6. Prince Shembo, OLB, Notre Dame
7. Tom Hornsey, P, Memphis

teegre
12-21-2013, 11:16 AM

I really like the Skov pick.

SteelersCanada
12-21-2013, 12:36 PM
I saw a mock recently that had Anthony Barr going after us. I don't care if we resign Worilds and keep Woodley, if Anthony Barr is on the board we're taking him. However, there is absolutely 0 chance Anthony Barr gets out of the top 6 and if he does, we need to trade up to get him.

I thought about this draft recently and really like it (humble, I know):

1. Darqueze Dennard - Defensive Back - Michigan State
2. Deone Bucannon - Safety - Washington State
3. (Compensatory) - Kelcy Quarles - Defensive Tackle - South Carolina
4. Yawin Smallwood - Linebacker - Connecticut

BLACK_AND_YELLOW
12-21-2013, 04:11 PM
Love Benjamin
Roby I'd pass on , he has the tools , but meh not that impressed - unless we're talking Free Safety switch
Skov would be a good pick but just don't think ILB is no where near a need to take in the top 3 rounds
DAT - Weapon , I wouldn't be opposed to it but he is tiny maybe would be supposed to be what Rainey was supposed to be
Boston - I'd rather Marqueston Huff

1. :thumbsup:.
2. Roby struggled at times this year but he has tons of potential(was a top 12 pick at the beginning of the year) and I think Carnell Lake could make him a star.
3. Vince Williams hasn't shown me that he's a 3 down LB, Spence is unknown so Skov could become our full time starter next to Timmons.
4. Thomas imo would just be another piece to this offense, there was an article about our offense becoming a "juggernaut" and adding a guy like Thomas who is one of the most explosive players in the country that can play RB, WR and can be a killer on kick returns would be huge. Chris Rainey never showed that.
5. Yeah I like Huff also, but Boston reminds me of a quicker and more athletic Ryan Clark with some better ball skills. He's always making tackles and he's very quick which always put him in position to make a play.

cbrunn
12-22-2013, 12:31 PM
1. :thumbsup:.
2. Roby struggled at times this year but he has tons of potential(was a top 12 pick at the beginning of the year) and I think Carnell Lake could make him a star.
3. Vince Williams hasn't shown me that he's a 3 down LB, Spence is unknown so Skov could become our full time starter next to Timmons.
4. Thomas imo would just be another piece to this offense, there was an article about our offense becoming a "juggernaut" and adding a guy like Thomas who is one of the most explosive players in the country that can play RB, WR and can be a killer on kick returns would be huge. Chris Rainey never showed that.
5. Yeah I like Huff also, but Boston reminds me of a quicker and more athletic Ryan Clark with some better ball skills. He's always making tackles and he's very quick which always put him in position to make a play.

It'll be really tough between the Freak in Benjamin , or Sammy Watkins who I believe fits Todd Haley offense much better (Watkins is better after the catch)

Roby just seems like he needs to be in a zone scheme to me , He posses the athleticism to be good in man coverage , but I just don't see it... his run support is great though , kind of reminds me of Asante Samuel ... and you can't play zone anymore these QBs will pick you apart if you sit in zone

Williams doesn't need to be a 3 down LB , I wouldn't exactly call Skov a 3 down LB either , Skov is pretty slow TEs and RBs will burn him in the NFL ... now adays you need a "Rover" position , sort of like what Troy is playing now an extra safety in the Nickle and Dime Defense ... somebody like Terrance Garvin could fill that Role or Sean Spence , or like a Atoine Exum (sorry if spelling error) out of VaTech could be a solid 3rd round comp pick

BengalDestroyer
12-27-2013, 06:38 AM
Lewan is a piece of shit, and we can't go OL in the first

BLACK_AND_YELLOW
12-27-2013, 10:59 PM
3. Brandon Coleman, WR, Rutgers
4. Jeremiah Attaochu, OLB, Georgia Tech
4. Tre Boston, FS, North Carolina
5. Dri Archer, RB/WR/KR, Kent State
6. Brandon Thomas, OG, Clemson
7. Mister Cobble, NT, Kentucky

Believe43
12-30-2013, 11:08 PM
1. OT Greg Robinson
2. WR Kelvin Benjamin
4. CB Chris Davis
5. FS Kenny Ladler
6. LB Andrew Jackson
7 QB Logan Thomas

PhantomJB93
12-31-2013, 12:31 AM
1. OT Greg Robinson
2. WR Kelvin Benjamin
4. CB Chris Davis
5. FS Kenny Ladler
6. LB Andrew Jackson
7 QB Logan Thomas

Literally only posting to chime in on Logan Thomas: he disappointed in college as a QB, he has all the physical tools to be an elite NFL QB but some of the worst decision making I've ever seen. What he COULD be though is a low-risk, high-reward TE option. Us VT fans will be the first to tell you Logan was recruited as a TE out of high school, and was actually the #1 ranked TE across the board in his recruiting class, but we played him at QB because he had such a high ceiling there too. It would be a project and would take several years, but Logan is a hard worker and could be a Gronk/Jimmy Graham type TE with time that could be had in one of the last rounds of the draft.

And yes, if need be, he could be a backup QB/project to take over for Ben down the line as well. The point is he's a work in progress and that he wouldn't necessarily be a wasted pick just because Landry Jones is here already.

And if there's any fears of him lacking physicality/blocking ability for the TE position because he's a QB...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9L16pxRHoW0

SCRManinho
12-31-2013, 01:15 PM
1st - DT
2nd - WR
3rd - CB
4th - S
5th - TE
6th - LB
7th - DE

Overtime3pointsbaby
12-31-2013, 06:45 PM
http://www.sportsmemes.net/meme/7133

teegre
01-02-2014, 09:23 AM
http://www.sportsmemes.net/meme/7133

You're so dumb that you couldn't even post that in the appropriate thread.

Bwa-ha-ha-ha!!!

BLACK_AND_YELLOW
01-04-2014, 11:35 AM
2. Allen Robinson, WR, Penn State
3. Loucheiz Purifoy, CB, Florida
4. Calvin Pryor, FS, Louisville
5. De'Anthony Thomas, RB, Oregon(some team will probably reach for him)
5. Andrew Jackson, ILB, Western Kentucky
6. Russell Bodine, C/G, North Carolina

cbrunn
01-05-2014, 08:36 PM

1 - I wouldn't be jumping up and down with the Nix pick , but I completely understand it
2 - Robinson is solid 2nd round pick , As much as I'm a fan of taking a WR , Defense needs tons of help
3 - not a fan of Purifoy and probably will be gone by the end of the 3rd
4 - Safety I want is Marqueston Huff

cbrunn
01-05-2014, 09:18 PM
Here I'll try as of right now I'd like something like this

1 - Darqueze Dennard , CB , Michigan State
2 - David Yankey , G/T , Stanford - Yes I know Foster played decent this season , but I just don't see Foster as a good Run Blocker (I could be wrong) - Yankey is just better
3rd comp - Pierre Desir , CB , Lindenwood - Haven't seen him play or anything but what I'm reading is he's supposed to be that good
4th - Ryan Carrethers , NT , Arkansas State
5th - Marqueston Huff , FS , Wyoming
5th comp - Billy Turner , OT , North Dakota State

Rest who cares , just depth and what not

teegre
01-05-2014, 11:09 PM

Nix & Purifoy... sold.

Add Bucannon, and it's a perfect draft.

cbrunn
01-06-2014, 08:29 AM
Nix & Purifoy... sold.

Add Bucannon, and it's a perfect draft.

You have bucannon growing on me now lol

Dion bailey is interesting too

teegre
01-06-2014, 04:07 PM
You have bucannon growing on me now lol

Dion bailey is interesting too

I have that effect on people. LOL

BLACK_AND_YELLOW
01-15-2014, 01:36 PM
1. Ra'Shede Hageman, DE/NT, Minnesota
2. Loucheiz Purifoy, CB, Florida
3. Martavius Bryant, WR, Clemson
5. Ryan Carrethers, NT, Arkansas State
5. Dri Archer, WR/RB/KR, Kent State
7. Carrington Byndom, CB, Texas

Pitt15
01-15-2014, 02:16 PM
Hageman didn't show much in the Bowl game, was expecting more. I would go NT later, Ellis LA Tech seems to be showing the the Shrine practices, 325. or Carruthers Ark State.
Really like your 3rd pick, doubt if he stays under the radar for a later selection.

BLACK_AND_YELLOW
01-18-2014, 12:33 AM
1. Ra'Shede Hageman, DE/NT, Minnesota
2. Loucheiz Purifoy, CB, Florida
3. Martavius Bryant, WR, Clemson
5. Ryan Carrethers, NT, Arkansas State

Just found out Hageman will be 24 before the season starts doesn't seem like a Steeler pick since he'll be 25/26 until he can start :doh:

1. Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan State(doubt we go there but Tomlin like MSU players)
2. Jordan Matthews, WR, Vanderbilt
3. Tre Boston, FS, North Carolina
4. Justin Ellis, NT, La. Tech
5. Jordan Tripp, ILB, Montana

Pitt15
01-19-2014, 07:11 PM
These are solid picks-this is a tough draft to figure. Dennard or Gilbert meet a need but are they 15 worthy? Not sure Matthews is round 2 worthy for this steeler draft. Boston looked solid in the shrine game. So did Darby- would be happy with Pryor here also. Wagner and Bowman are certainly showing value of tough and FAST inside backers.Can't wait for Steelers to get the personnel needed to be back competing at the SMACK DOWN level to which we are accustomed.

BLACK_AND_YELLOW
01-19-2014, 11:21 PM
These are solid picks-this is a tough draft to figure. Dennard or Gilbert meet a need but are they 15 worthy? Not sure Matthews is round 2 worthy for this steeler draft. Boston looked solid in the shrine game. So did Darby- would be happy with Pryor here also. Wagner and Bowman are certainly showing value of tough and FAST inside backers.Can't wait for Steelers to get the personnel needed to be back competing at the SMACK DOWN level to which we are accustomed.

Dennard plays like a Steeler but he needs to work on his technique cause he plays with his hips open too often so he gets beat at times making him usually get called for holding. Other than that he's a great cover corner

Matthews will be this years Keenan Allen(from SD). he's a polished WR who still has potential, And it doesn't hurt that he is related to Jerry Rice :chuckle:

Boston is a pure cover safety and has pretty good ball skills from what I seen, he can also play CB if needed.

Yeah still wished we drafted Bowman over Sanders in the 2010 draft :banging:

PhantomJB93
01-20-2014, 01:50 AM
Yeah still wished we drafted Bowman over Sanders in the 2010 draft :banging:

No use crying over spilled milk, but damn where would this team be right now if we had drafted Bowman and Jimmy Graham instead of Worilds and Sanders...

BLACK_AND_YELLOW
01-20-2014, 01:53 AM
No use crying over spilled milk, but damn where would this team be right now if we had drafted Bowman and Jimmy Graham instead of Worilds and Sanders...

It always nice to dream. but Worilds had a great year but of course not better than Bowman. but doubt we could afford them both, Graham is about to get $$$

http://familyfeastandferia.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/spilledmilk.jpg

Pitt15
01-20-2014, 05:29 PM
I hope the scouts and coaches are OBSESSSED with finding impact players at each round and in FA. There can be no excuses, players are out there, just need to find them and develop a strategy to bring them in-no more drafting for depth, you draft for starters- finding those with the desire, drive, and talent potential--find some DONNIE SHELLs-you knew when he played special teams, it was just a matter of time for him to see the field as a starter.

SteelersCanada
01-21-2014, 08:02 PM
2014 NFL Mock Draft: Steelers select OLB Khalil Mack

By Neal Coolong

We've gotten past Mel Kiper, and we've argued over Mike Evans.

Now, we're on to the fun.

In Clint Clearwater's mock on The Football Expert, He's sending the Steelers some pass-rushing love and terror with Buffalo's Khalil Mack.

Mack from the MAC? Return of the Mack? The Mack Truck? We could go for days on this. Mack looks like the kind of pass rusher who can go for days, too.

I feel like the Steelers take a LB in the first round every year in the draft; and in this mock it’s no different. Mack is exceptional value here; he’s a beast that can do a little bit of everything. He would be a great upgrade to their pass rush and give the Steelers some more youth on defense.

We'll let slide the fact the Steelers have only taken one outside linebacker in the first round of the team's history, and two linebackers in the first round since 2007. Let's focus on the "exceptional value" piece of the eval.

Yes. Value is good. So's Mack. Immediately one of the faster outside linebackers in the league, good size, great strength, he's a complete physical package.

So how does he fall to 15? Getting in fights with teammates after practice may be one reason - it cost him a game suspension in 2012. Issues working and playing well with others may turn a few teams off.

Hey, Greg Lloyd wasn't hired for his disposition, either. But this isn't a team with a strong core set of veterans on that side of the ball, and the leadership is transitioning from the old to the new. It's one thing that may give the Steelers pause for thought, but it would still be difficult to see them not pulling the trigger on a player like Mack if he happened to fall that far.

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2014-nfl-mock-drafts/2014/1/16/5313206/2014-nfl-mock-draft-steelers-khalil-mack

-- The only player I take over Mosley if he's there. If we get Mack (we won't, fyi) good god.

Sharkissle29
01-21-2014, 08:54 PM
I know a lot of people were pimping Aaron Colvin....tore his ACL today.

Steel Glory
01-25-2014, 11:24 AM
I figured it was time I did another one of these.

This accounts for one 3rd, and 2 4th round compensatory picks.

1. Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan State
Cornerback is one of, if not the, greatest needs for this team. Dennard is smart and plays excellent coverage.

2. Kyle Van Noy, OLB, Brigham Young
Depending on how he performs at the combine and in drills could be inside and outside capable. Either way is great depth for the linebacker position and was touted as a first rounder just last year.

3. Jaylen Watkins, CB, Florida
Nice rangy corner that will probably end up going a little higher than this. Has been blanketing receivers in the Senior Bowl practices.

4a. Marqueston Huff, FS, Wyoming
Nice traditional rover free safety to team up with Shamarko. Has good length to him.

4b. Brandon Coleman, WR, Rutgers
That tall receiver. Coleman is 6'5 225lbs. He produced 19 TDs in what basically amounts to 2 seasons. Falls due to a knee injury.

4c. Brent Urban, DE, Virginia
Was just a beast at DT for Virginia last season and would fit well as a DE for us. 6'7 295lbs. He missed 4 games and still lead the NCAA lineman with passes defensed; he swatted 9 balls and had 11.5 tfl. Also the first Virginia player since Chris Long to have 4 tfl in one game.

5. Joe Don Duncan, TE, Dixie State
Pretty good small school tight end prospect. Does everything fairly well.

6. Justin Britt, OT, Mizzou
A new developmental prospect for our prized new O-Line coach Mike Munchak. 6'6 315lbs. Held his own against Clowney when they played earlier in the season and was named All-SEC first team by the media for 2013.

7. Kapri Bibbs, RB, Colorado State
Smaller back that became just the 3rd rb in NCAA history to have 30 TDs in one season. The other two? Barry Sanders and Montee Ball.

ebsteelers
01-25-2014, 11:54 AM
I figured it was time I did another one of these.

This accounts for one 3rd, and 2 4th round compensatory picks.

Cornerback is one of, if not the, greatest needs for this team. Dennard is smart and plays excellent coverage.

2. Kyle Van Noy, OLB, Brigham Young
Depending on how he performs at the combine and in drills could be inside and outside capable. Either way is great depth for the linebacker position and was touted as a first rounder just last year.

3. Jaylen Watkins, CB, Florida
Nice rangy corner that will probably end up going a little higher than this. Has been blanketing receivers in the Senior Bowl practices.

4a. Marqueston Huff, FS, Wyoming
Nice traditional rover free safety to team up with Shamarko. Has good length to him.

4b. Brandon Coleman, WR, Rutgers
That tall receiver. Coleman is 6'5 225lbs. He produced 19 TDs in what basically amounts to 2 seasons. Falls due to a knee injury.

4c. Brent Urban, DE, Virginia
Was just a beast at DT for Virginia last season and would fit well as a DE for us. 6'7 295lbs. He missed 4 games and still lead the NCAA lineman with passes defensed; he swatted 9 balls and had 11.5 tfl. Also the first Virginia player since Chris Long to have 4 tfl in one game.

5. Joe Don Duncan, TE, Dixie State
Pretty good small school tight end prospect. Does everything fairly well.

6. Justin Britt, OT, Mizzou
A new developmental prospect for our prized new O-Line coach Mike Munchak. 6'6 315lbs. Held his own against Clowney when they played earlier in the season and was named All-SEC first team by the media for 2013.

7. Kapri Bibbs, RB, Colorado State
Smaller back that became just the 3rd rb in NCAA history to have 30 TDs in one season. The other two? Barry Sanders and Montee Ball.

would be a really good get at that point.. he also fell cause his offense was garbage..

ebsteelers
01-25-2014, 11:56 AM
I know a lot of people were pimping Aaron Colvin....tore his ACL today.

so he will probably fall into somewhere on day 3..

normally i dont recommend taking guys who just tore their acl... but alot of corners dont come in and start right away for lebeaus defenses.

so your getting a second round talent in 4 or 5... he sits all of next year rehabs, learns the defense etc..

this would only be possible if ike comes back though

Steel Glory
01-25-2014, 12:02 PM
would be a really good get at that point.. he also fell cause his offense was garbage..

Yeah well there are a ton of options at wide receiver this year and while other names rise, somebody has to fall. I'm hoping it's Coleman who underwhelmed his final season.

ebsteelers
01-25-2014, 12:04 PM
Yeah well there are a ton of options at wide receiver this year and while other names rise, somebody has to fall. I'm hoping it's Coleman who underwhelmed his final season.

agreed.. a lot of wrs who normally go in the 2nd will drop to 3rd etc etc.

also i noticed you put down a 3rd rounder. are you assuming a comp pick for wallace or lewis?

Steel Glory
01-25-2014, 12:11 PM
agreed.. a lot of wrs who normally go in the 2nd will drop to 3rd etc etc.

also i noticed you put down a 3rd rounder. are you assuming a comp pick for wallace or lewis?

I believe that the 3rd will be for Wallace, who received the largest FA contract. Lewis and Mendenhall both signed fairly significant contracts and were both starters, they are the comps in the 4th, though Mendenhall will probably be lower than a 4th.

cbrunn
01-25-2014, 01:06 PM
What about a Aaron Donald 1st rd ... Might not have the prototypical length to play 34 DE ... But he's a beast and a hometown kid

Heyward , McClendon, Donald would be a beast dline , and could make plays instead of just holding blocks ... More attacking 34 then traditional 34 ... Also could give some 43 mixed in to keep offense guessing

1 - Donald
2 - Jean-Baptise / Kyle Fuller / Pierre Desir
3rd comp - Dion Bailey

teegre
01-26-2014, 01:45 AM
I believe that the 3rd will be for Wallace, who received the largest FA contract. Lewis and Mendenhall both signed fairly significant contracts and were both starters, they are the comps in the 4th, though Mendenhall will probably be lower than a 4th.

Gradkowski offsets Mendenspin.

BLACK_AND_YELLOW
01-27-2014, 02:04 AM
1. Darqueze Dennard CB, MSU
2. Deone Bucannon, FS, Wash ST
3. Jeremiah Attaochu, OLB, GT
4. Justin Ellis, NT, LA Tech
4. Robert Herron, WR, Wyoming
5. James White, RB, Wisconsin
6. Andrew Jackson, ILB, Western Kentucky
7. Russell Bodine, C, UNC.

emarines
01-27-2014, 12:41 PM
1. Darqueze Dennard CB, MSU
2. Deone Bucannon, FS, Wash ST
3. Jeremiah Attaochu, OLB, GT
5. De'Anthony Thomas, RB, Oregon
6. Russell Bodine, C, UNC.
7. Tre Boston, S, UNC

with all the big talented receivers in this draft...why would you want another short dude? not that he isnt talented...but people have been screaming for a big receiver for ben...this is their shot!

BLACK_AND_YELLOW
01-27-2014, 12:47 PM
with all the big talented receivers in this draft...why would you want another short dude? not that he isnt talented...but people have been screaming for a big receiver for ben...this is their shot!

We haven't drafted a tall WR high in forever so I doubt we break that tradition. Colbert has been successful with drafting smaller WRs and with his history I'd wouldn't change neither.

But us fans would like a tall WR but like I said history doesn't say we will one

ebsteelers
01-27-2014, 01:20 PM
early mock from draft tv.

1) Justin Gilbert CB Ok State
2) Troy Niklaus TE Notre Dame

i could dig that.. I prefer Dennard to Gilbert but I'd like to see us add some play makers on each side of the ball

emarines
01-27-2014, 01:38 PM
1. justin gilbert - cb - oklahoma st.
2. louis nix - nt - notre dame
3. ed reynolds - s - stanford
4. jared abbrederis - wr- wisconsin
5. jackson jeffcoat - olb - texas
5. chris davis - cb - auburn
6. damien williams - rb - oklahoma
7. joe don duncan - te - dixie state

Steel Glory
01-27-2014, 02:12 PM
[QUOTE=teegre;1259279]Gradkowski offsets Mendenspin.[/QUOTE

Rashard Spinthenfall was a starter. I'd say Gradkowski offsets our loss of Ryan Mundy who played and started some for the Giants. LSH and Max Starks basically offset each other as well.

teegre
01-27-2014, 03:57 PM
[QUOTE=teegre;1259279]Gradkowski offsets Mendenspin.[/QUOTE

Rashard Spinthenfall was a starter. I'd say Gradkowski offsets our loss of Ryan Mundy who played and started some for the Giants. LSH and Max Starks basically offset each other as well.

Good point (about Mundy).

It's about money (not about starting or not). The bigger the contract, the higher the comp pick. And, I remember reading somewhere that Gradkowski signed a similar contract to Spinny's. (But, a R7 pick could be heading Pittsburgh's way, for Mundy.)

Ergo, the comp pick for Wallace should be the 97th pick. (The highest comp pick.)

Steel Glory
01-27-2014, 10:32 PM
[QUOTE=Steel Glory;1259779]

Good point (about Mundy).

It's about money (not about starting or not). The bigger the contract, the higher the comp pick. And, I remember reading somewhere that Gradkowski signed a similar contract to Spinny's. (But, a R7 pick could be heading Pittsburgh's way, for Mundy.)

Ergo, the comp pick for Wallace should be the 97th pick. (The highest comp pick.)

Ahhh, good to know. I figured playing time factored in. Yeah if it's just based on contract signings Lewis might get us a 5th and out of Mendy/Mundy/Starks, one might get us a 7th.

harrison'samonster
01-27-2014, 10:42 PM
[QUOTE=teegre;1259836]

Ahhh, good to know. I figured playing time factored in. Yeah if it's just based on contract signings Lewis might get us a 5th and out of Mendy/Mundy/Starks, one might get us a 7th.

I think playing time does factor in, but I'm not sure exactly how it works.

teegre
01-27-2014, 11:13 PM
[QUOTE=Steel Glory;1259935]

I think playing time does factor in, but I'm not sure exactly how it works.

It's a factor, as well as "level of performance"... but, alas, the largest portion depends on the contract.

If those other two aspects were indeed "worth" more (which I would argue they should be) Keenan Lewis would warrant a R3 pick. He played lights out!!!

Alas...

Steel Glory
01-31-2014, 04:29 PM
All defense fanspeak mock

15 OLB ANTHONY BARR UCLA

46 DE STEPHON TUITT NOTRE DAME

114 CB PIERRE DESIR LINDENWOOD

145 DT DANIEL MCCULLERS TENNESSEE

176 S TRE BOSTON NORTH CAROLINA

207 CB AARON COLVIN OKLAHOMA

BLACK_AND_YELLOW
02-03-2014, 03:39 PM
2. Kyle Van Noy, OLB/ILB, BYU
3. Ed Reynolds, FS, Stanford
5. Antone Exum, CB/S, Virginia Tech
6. James White, RB, Wisconsin
7. Russell Bodine, C, UNC

bubbletownwr88
02-05-2014, 07:29 PM

I just don't get why people are so high on getting Robert Herron. Okay i know it's a fourth round pick, but why do we need another short receiver? He's 5'9. We have Brown, Sanders (maybe), Cotchery, and Wheaton all under 6'1" on the roster. i've been waiting so long for the Steelers to draft a big wide receiver and it hasn't happened. Derek Moye I thought could help, but we never dressed him.

Sharkissle29
02-05-2014, 11:42 PM

I think Kyle Van Noy ends up going in the first. I wouldn't mind a trade back...

BLACK_AND_YELLOW
02-08-2014, 10:22 PM
1. Marqise Lee, WR, USC/CJ Mosley, ILB, Alabama
2. Kyle Van Noy, OLB/ILB, BYU/Jordan Matthews, WR, Vanderbilt
3. Stanley Jean-Baptiste, CB, Nebraska
4. Kenny Ladler, FS, Vanderbilt

Last mock until after the combine

BLACK_AND_YELLOW
02-08-2014, 10:26 PM
I just don't get why people are so high on getting Robert Herron. Okay i know it's a fourth round pick, but why do we need another short receiver? He's 5'9. We have Brown, Sanders (maybe), Cotchery, and Wheaton all under 6'1" on the roster. i've been waiting so long for the Steelers to draft a big wide receiver and it hasn't happened. Derek Moye I thought could help, but we never dressed him.

We like drafting shorter receivers(the FO has been great at it) so I dont see that changing.

BLACK_AND_YELLOW
02-08-2014, 10:28 PM
I think Kyle Van Noy ends up going in the first. I wouldn't mind a trade back...

Yeah It's possible but I have a feeling(hoping) he'll fall to the early 2nd round.

Believe43
02-16-2014, 04:35 PM
New Mock with Comp picks
1 Mike Evans WR
2 Pierre Desir CB
3 C.J. Fiedorowicz TE
4 De'Anthony Thomas RB
5 Justin Ellis DT
5 Tre Boston FS
6 Will Clarke DE
7 Wesley Johnson OT
7 Gator Hoskins FB