PDA

View Full Version : Adrian Peterson's Son in Critical Condition After Beating

SteelersCanada
10-11-2013, 10:25 AM
NFL Star Adrian Peterson's 2-Year-Old Son Attacked - Police Investigating

Adrian Peterson's 2-year-old son is currently in critical condition in a South Dakota hospital ... after he was allegedly severely beaten by the man dating the mother of his child, TMZ has learned.

The Minnesota Vikings running back immediately left his team to be with his son.

Officials tell us they've arrested the suspect, 27-year-old Joseph Patterson ... who's been charged with aggravated felony assault and battery of an infant.

According to law enforcement, emergency responders arrived to the apartment where Peterson's son was living at 5:46 PM on Wednesday ... and found the child unresponsive.

He was rushed to a nearby hospital and medical experts determined the injuries were consistent with abuse.

Law enforcement sources tell us ... the child suffered severe head injuries.

Peterson is tight with his son -- back in February, we got video of the two hanging out together during NBA All-Star weekend in Houston.

Story developing ...

http://www.tmz.com/2013/10/11/adrian-peterson-son-assault-battery-2-year-old-police-child-abuse/

-- What sort of monster can do this to a child?

NJarhead
10-11-2013, 10:31 AM
NFL Star Adrian Peterson's 2-Year-Old Son Attacked - Police Investigating

Adrian Peterson's 2-year-old son is currently in critical condition in a South Dakota hospital ... after he was allegedly severely beaten by the man dating the mother of his child, TMZ has learned.

The Minnesota Vikings running back immediately left his team to be with his son.

Officials tell us they've arrested the suspect, 27-year-old Joseph Patterson ... who's been charged with aggravated felony assault and battery of an infant.

According to law enforcement, emergency responders arrived to the apartment where Peterson's son was living at 5:46 PM on Wednesday ... and found the child unresponsive.

He was rushed to a nearby hospital and medical experts determined the injuries were consistent with abuse.

Law enforcement sources tell us ... the child suffered severe head injuries.

Peterson is tight with his son -- back in February, we got video of the two hanging out together during NBA All-Star weekend in Houston.

Story developing ...

http://www.tmz.com/2013/10/11/adrian-peterson-son-assault-battery-2-year-old-police-child-abuse/

-- What sort of monster can do this to a child?

THAT PIECE OF SHIT!!! :banging:

Death would be too good for that scum bag. And yes, justice would be letting AP take care of him. :mad:

Atlanta Dan
10-11-2013, 10:40 AM
He will get his - other prisoners probably regard beating the crap out of 2 year olds to be down there with child molestation and will greet the guy accordingly upon his arrival

How awful

NJarhead
10-11-2013, 10:43 AM
He will get his - other prisoners probably regard beating the crap out of 2 year olds to be down there with child molestation and will greet the guy accordingly upon his arrival

How awful

Yea, that's probably true. I sense trouble for AP though. I have a funny feeling he'll be in a situation where he won't restrain himself. Don't ask me why.

GodfatherofSoul
10-11-2013, 10:44 AM

How awful

Yup, rapes and crimes against children are 2 things you don't want to go to prison for.

GBMelBlount
10-11-2013, 10:48 AM
I can't even put into words how this breaks my heart.

Praying for this poor child.

tony hipchest
10-11-2013, 10:58 AM
i would pay to have him killed.

poor adrian. i would go completely nuts if someone did that to my dog, let alone my child.

revenge would consume me. i would probably beat the bitches ass as well.

Blacksburg Zach
10-11-2013, 12:32 PM
How low can an individual possibly be to commit such a heinous act? :mad:

SteelersCanada
10-11-2013, 01:18 PM
Reports: Adrian Peterson's 2-Year-Old Beaten, "Not Expected To Survive"

Barry Petchesky

Adrian Peterson's 2-year-old son—not Adrian Peterson Jr., but a formerly "secret" child—is "not expected to survive his injuries," and could be taken off life support tonight, City Pages reports. On Wednesday, the Sioux Falls boy was allegedly beaten by his mother's boyfriend, Joseph Robert Patterson, 27, who has been charged with aggravated assault and aggravated assault on an infant.

According to a reporter covering the story, the initial confusion surrounding the boy's identity was due to the fact that not even Adrian Peterson is sure the child is his, though Peterson's father later would later describe the boy as a grandson.

It was initially reported by TMZ this morning that Adrian Peterson Jr., Peterson's oft-photographed son, was hospitalized in critical condition. City Pages disputed that account, citing a source claiming the boy was not Peterson's. TMZ amended its account to say the boy was Peterson's son, just not Adrian Peterson Jr. City Pages followed suit.

A reporter whose own outlet isn't going with the story yet tells us this is a separate child, one not publicly known. The mother is a Sioux Falls woman who moved from the Twin Cities soon after the child was born, and believes the boy might be Peterson's, though no paternity test was done. (City Pages claims one was conducted recently.) The reporter also says Peterson has no contact with the woman or the child.

Via the Argus Leader, EMTs arrived on Wednesday afternoon to find a child suffering from injuries that an examination found were "consistent with abuse," according to a police spokesman. TMZ added that the boy was initially unresponsive, and suffered head injuries. Our reporter tells us the child is on a ventilator, and City Pages says he's expected to be removed from life support.

According to police, the relationship between Patterson and the boy's mother was "fairly new," and they had just moved in with him. Patterson is scheduled to appear in court later this morning.

Peterson missed practice yesterday, and was reported to be in Sioux Falls attending to a "very serious medical issue involving a family member." He's back at the Vikings practice facility today.

http://deadspin.com/adrian-petersons-son-hospitalized-mothers-boyfriend-1443881283?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitte r&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

-- :(

ricardisimo
10-11-2013, 04:16 PM
Our thoughts go out to Peterson and his family.
Peterson said he will play Sunday.
"You know, football is something I will always fall back on. It gets me through tough times," Peterson said. "Just being around the guys in here, that's what I need in my life, guys supporting me and just being able to go out and play this game I love. Things that I go through, I've said a thousand times, it helps me play this game to a different level. I'm able to kind of release a lot of my stress through this sport, so that's what I plan on doing."

Our thoughts also go out to the defenders who will have to help Adrian release his stress this week.

SteelCityMom
10-11-2013, 04:44 PM
That is terrible...I can't imagine how this is for him (or any parent in a similar situation). I can't even describe what I would do to someone like this.

I hope they leave Patterson alone with AP for 5 minutes in a locked room, and then look the other way.

SteelerEmpire
10-11-2013, 05:16 PM
It just came across that his son passed away...

LINK: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000260563/article/adrian-petersons-son-dies-alleged-attacker-in-jail

Blacksburg Zach
10-11-2013, 05:34 PM
That monster. He beat that child to death. :mad:

SteelersCanada
10-11-2013, 07:14 PM
Is South Dakota a death penalty state?

Blacksburg Zach
10-11-2013, 07:18 PM
Is South Dakota a death penalty state?

Yes it is.

http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/states-and-without-death-penalty

SteelersCanada
10-11-2013, 07:19 PM
Yes it is.

http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/states-and-without-death-penalty

Problem solved, right?

Soberdisposition
10-11-2013, 07:32 PM
Shocking news, death is an easy way out for that monster, how could you do that to a child?!

caplovestroyp43
10-11-2013, 09:01 PM
Dam that is soooooooooooooo sad!!!! My heart breaks for that innocent little child. Well he's in Heaven now where no harm will ever come to him again.

May the perp that did this get the punishment he so richly deserves...like a firing squad or slow strangulation at the very least.

teegre
10-12-2013, 12:10 AM
I do not wan the death penalty for this cockroach.

I want him alive for a good fifty years in prison... fifty years full of anal raping, daily beatings, and being treated* as a child murderer is treated by other prisoners.

*(A child murderer is the lowest caste in the jail: whored out, made to be a slave, repeatedly tortured, and much worse things that are horridly inhumane... and absolutely just for this type of scumbag).

NJarhead
10-12-2013, 07:02 AM
My heart is broken for AP.

GBMelBlount
10-12-2013, 08:10 AM

Me too.

I hope the punishment for the man who murdered his son is swift and final.

I do not know the details but I am curious why Peterson was not married to the mother of his child?

Blacksburg Zach
10-12-2013, 08:11 AM
Death would be too good for this scum.

NJarhead
10-12-2013, 08:19 AM
Meet the POS responsible:

Court documents reveal the 27 year old has been arrested multiple times on various charges. He was arrested in 2004 for violating a protection order, but that was later dropped by the prosecutor. A 2012 arrest for aggravated assault was also dismissed by a prosecutor. Patterson has served time in jail for Eluding officers in 2010. He was also sentenced to five days in jail after pleading guilty to simple assault last year.

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Joseph-Robert-Patterson.jpg

Read more at http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2013/10/man-accused-of-killing-adrian-petersons-son-has-long-criminal-history/#F2kHv8pjOKFSu5vv.99

SteelCityMom
10-12-2013, 09:23 AM
Wonderful record of the guy she chose to leave her toddler alone with. How could she have had a clue? :rolleyes:

Not only does it make me sick what this man did, but the negligence of the mother as well. Have some self confidence and don't let loser men take care of your child.

I hope he's being given some punishment multiple times daily.

tony hipchest
10-12-2013, 09:36 AM

equally sad is Adrian Peterson it would appear was not involved in the mothers or child's life and didn't even know if the kid was his. Poor child didnt even have a father there to protect him.

AP still gets to go out and play football.

he is still just a kid himself. I hope he has good help making funeral arrangements. I sure as hell wouldnt leave it up to the mother.

caplovestroyp43
10-12-2013, 09:47 AM
I do not wan the death penalty for this cockroach.

I want him alive for a good fifty years in prison... fifty years full of anal raping, daily beatings, and being treated* as a child murderer is treated by other prisoners.

*(A child murderer is the lowest caste in the jail: whored out, made to be a slave, repeatedly tortured, and much worse things that are horridly inhumane... and absolutely just for this type of scumbag).

Can't argue that Teeg! Yep, sounds like just EXACTLY what that cockroach deserves...and more!!!!

GBMelBlount
10-12-2013, 10:06 AM
equally sad is Adrian Peterson it would appear was not involved in the mothers or child's life and didn't even know if the kid was his. Poor child didnt even have a father there to protect him.

he is still just a kid himself. I hope he has good help making funeral arrangements. I sure as hell wouldnt leave it up to the mother.

This.

This is a tragedy on so many levels.

But the biggest by far is that a child who could have been president or cured cancer or just had an opportunity to live a full life as he chose no longer has that choice.

NSMaster56
10-12-2013, 11:41 AM
No words.

Just... *shakes head*

Atlanta Dan
10-12-2013, 02:35 PM

Maybe the victim has a maternal grandmother or aunt who can step in - AP does not come off much better than the mother here in terms of parental commitment:mad:

Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson met his 2-year-old son for the first time while he was on life support, TMZ reports.

The football star — whose son died on Friday after his mother’s boyfriend allegedly badly beat him — learned three months ago that he had a child with a woman living in South Dakota, the site reports.

The woman called him with the news after her ex took a paternity test revealing the boy didn’t belong to him — and the NFL star quickly made arrangements to meet the tot, the site reports.

http://nypost.com/2013/10/12/adrian-peterson-saw-son-for-first-time-while-he-was-on-life-support/

Always be grateful if you grew up in a stable family environment

tony hipchest
10-12-2013, 03:03 PM
well maybe he can bust of an 80 yard touchdown run, have a career game, and dedicate it to his son.

what a mess.he probably does not know how to feel. And to think..
. People like A cromartie smith have dozens of children like this.

I only have a little girl but if I had a boy I would threaten to chop of their dick with a butter knife if they didn't use 8t responsibly.

GBMelBlount
10-12-2013, 03:04 PM
Always be grateful if you grew up in a stable family environment

Amen.

It seems like it is becoming less and less common.

GodfatherofSoul
10-12-2013, 05:57 PM
AP has had some tragedy in his life. I heard on the radio his brother was killed by a drunk driver and he came out and had a monster game. If he scores a TD I bet opposing fans would cheer.

Lady Steel
10-13-2013, 04:34 PM
My deepest sympathy to Adrian Peterson and his family.

Rest in peace, little one. :sadness:

LambertIsGod58
10-14-2013, 02:05 AM
I just saw a pic of AP and AP JR from training camp this year. I'm just sick right now. I can't even imagine what's he must be going through. I wouldn't be strong enough to survive something like that. I just know it.