PDA

View Full Version : Article Colts Owner Frustrated With Peyton Manning Era

Atlanta Dan
10-15-2013, 09:44 PM
After these comments from Colts owner Robbert Irsay I think the Peyton and the Broncos might be ready to unleash hell on the Colts Sunday night

"We've changed our model a little bit, because we wanted more than one of these," Irsay says, flicking up his right hand to show his Super Bowl XLI championship ring.

"(Tom) Brady never had consistent numbers, but he has three of these," Irsay adds. "Pittsburgh had two, the Giants had two, Baltimore had two and we had one. That leaves you frustrated.

"You make the playoffs 11 times, and you're out in the first round seven out of 11 times. You love to have the Star Wars numbers from Peyton and Marvin (Harrison) and Reggie (Wayne). Mostly, you love this."

Then Irsay flicks up his right hand again.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2013/10/15/indianapolis-colts-jim-irsay-no-regrets-peyton-manning/2984615/

Broncos coach John Fox returns fire

"I saw the comments. And to be honest with you, I thought it was a bit of a cheap shot," Fox said during in an interview on SiriusXM NFL Radio. "To me, in my opinion, they were disappointing and inappropriate.

"Peyton would never say anything. He's too classy to do that. They sounded a little ungrateful and unappreciative to me. For a guy who has set a standard, won a Super Bowl, won four MVP awards ... be thankful of that one Super Bowl ring, because a lot of people don't have one."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9830976/john-fox-calls-jim-irsay-comments-peyton-manning-cheap-shot

So a guy who inherited the team from his father and probably would have been looking to move if Peyton Manning had not arrived in 1998 is frustrated? You expect these comments from fans on message boards but not from owners.

Go Broncos:drink:

harrison'samonster
10-15-2013, 09:51 PM
pretty trashy words. Like Fox says, be grateful for the one ring. Many players and coaches go their whole careers without even one. Take nothing for granted.

jacobo
10-15-2013, 11:41 PM
hes right but hes an idiot for saying it

kan_t
10-16-2013, 03:44 AM
Irsay would be lucky if Luck can help the team making playoffs 11 times in 13 seasons, let alone winning a SB.

I would expect that he would show some respect to someone who saved his franchise. But it turns out that he is just classless.

kan_t
10-16-2013, 04:00 AM
Oh I just remember that Luck is 0-1 in playoff too.

JonM229
10-16-2013, 07:07 AM
That's the Irsay family keeping it classy

Atlanta Dan
10-16-2013, 09:30 AM
Tony Dungy chimes in

Dungy also came to Manning's defense, arguing that the quarterback's popularity and success helped prevent the Colts from leaving Indianapolis.

"Without Peyton, there would be no Lucas Oil Stadium," Dungy told ESPN. "This team would be playing in LA right now. I don't understand Jim saying this."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9832784/tony-dungy-jim-irsay-comments-peyton-manning-jim-making-personal

Of course the shot about Irsay being "frustrated" with only one Lombardi probably applies to Dungy's coaching as well

jacobo
10-16-2013, 10:25 AM
Oh I just remember that Luck is 0-1 in playoff too.

because its fair or relevant to bring up the body of work of a second year player compared to a hall of famer.

jacobo
10-16-2013, 10:27 AM
also peyton didnt make the playoffs as a rookie. and luck had more fourth quarter combacks than peyton had wins LOL

kan_t
10-16-2013, 10:32 AM
also peyton didnt make the playoffs as a rookie. and luck had more fourth quarter combacks than peyton had wins LOL
Well it doesn't matter to Irsay how many fourth quarter combacks Luck had. Only SB matters right?

SteelersCanada
10-16-2013, 10:33 AM
http://thacover2.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/jim-irsay-blue-hair-566x424.jpg

Atlanta Dan
10-16-2013, 10:35 AM
because its fair or relevant to bring up the body of work of a second year player compared to a hall of famer.

About as fair as Irsay opening the issue up for discussion

As you note above, Irsay was an idiot for even bringing up the matter of Peyton's playoff success (although if Peyton wins this year maybe it is an ownership issue)

But Irsay is not a frustrated fanboy venting on a message board about the Peyton era Colts being built for regular season rather than postseason success. I assume Irsay was sober for some of the moments during the Peyton era and as the owner could have had a say in personnel and contract issues if he wanted to.

kan_t
10-16-2013, 10:35 AM
It's not a shot to Luck but to Irsay. If Irsay thinks 11 playoffs in 13 seasons with a SB is not enough. Good luck to Luck. He sure doesn't have a great start to Irsay's standard.

jacobo
10-16-2013, 10:38 AM
Well it doesn't matter to Irsay how many fourth quarter combacks Luck had. Only SB matters right?

youre getting totally off the point. hes disappointed in how many chances the colts blew with peyton, many of them falling directly on his shoulders. for all the butt licking everyone gives peyton his big wins dont add up. its a totally valid criticism, especially with how much a great qb can control a game.

last point about luck, hes already shown more poise in his first year+ than peyton did until he won his superbowl. peyton has never been a guy who instill confidence in anyone with the game on the line and luck has already proven that's where he performs best. if luck doesnt win several superbowls and chokes in big games like peyton than criticizing him like this will be fair, but let him get his feet off the ground, this isnt about him

kan_t
10-16-2013, 10:48 AM
youre getting totally off the point. hes disappointed in how many chances the colts blew with peyton, many of them falling directly on his shoulders. for all the butt licking everyone gives peyton his big wins dont add up. its a totally valid criticism, especially with how much a great qb can control a game.

last point about luck, hes already shown more poise in his first year+ than peyton did until he won his superbowl. peyton has never been a guy who instill confidence in anyone with the game on the line and luck has already proven that's where he performs best. if luck doesnt win several superbowls and chokes in big games like peyton than criticizing him like this will be fair, but let him get his feet off the ground, this isnt about him
I think you're the one who missed the point. Peyton was the one who made the franchise being relevant again. He's the one who helped the franchise to stay where it is now. If you're a NFL fan who thinks Peyton is overrated, fine. But I would expect the franchise owner to show some respect and be blessed with having Peyton as his team's QB.

Please read my response above. It's not a shot to Luck but to Irasy.

GodfatherofSoul
10-16-2013, 11:19 AM
One more thing, I think the whole "Peyton chokes in the playoffs" thing is exaggerated. Irsay was talking up guys with just 1 or 2 more Super Bowl wins. Damned Eli has more wins and he's garbage. I guess Irsay would sign Eli for the "rings not stats" too huh?

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MannPe00/gamelog/post/

ebsteelers
10-16-2013, 11:23 AM
wait talking about great peyton manning,

the one steeler fans always want over the 2xer in ben..

no way

jacobo
10-16-2013, 01:33 PM
I think you're the one who missed the point. Peyton was the one who made the franchise being relevant again. He's the one who helped the franchise to stay where it is now. If you're a NFL fan who thinks Peyton is overrated, fine. But I would expect the franchise owner to show some respect and be blessed with having Peyton as his team's QB.

hes allowed to have that opinion lol, just like peyton would be allowed to have one of contempt for the way he ran the franchise (no need to point out he wouldnt ever have it).peyton was at the top of everyones draft boards and the colts happened to pick first. it isnt a blessing lol. the only thing wrong with what he said was that he said it.

jacobo
10-16-2013, 01:36 PM
One more thing, I think the whole "Peyton chokes in the playoffs" thing is exaggerated. Irsay was talking up guys with just 1 or 2 more Super Bowl wins. Damned Eli has more wins and he's garbage. I guess Irsay would sign Eli for the "rings not stats" too huh?

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MannPe00/gamelog/post/

eli needs an offensive line to succeed. just like big bro. fortunately for peyton hes always had one of the best lines in the league, year in year out.

kan_t
10-16-2013, 01:39 PM
hes allowed to have that opinion lol, just like peyton would be allowed to have one of contempt for the way he ran the franchise (no need to point out he wouldnt ever have it).peyton was at the top of everyones draft boards and the colts happened to pick first. it isnt a blessing lol. the only thing wrong with what he said was that he said it.
He sure is allowed to have opinion, even if the opinion is a dumb one. But I also expect people to be classy.

jacobo
10-16-2013, 01:45 PM
its jim irsay, no ones ever accused him of being classy

tony hipchest
10-16-2013, 03:56 PM
it may not be worth much but Manning is a multi champion in the media behind the mic or giving a sound bite. He always gives the right answer when addressing them.

Buddha Bus
10-16-2013, 04:22 PM
I was hearing on Baltimore sports talk that some of his comments were taken out of context or blown out of proportion. They defended Irsay and said he was more talking about squandered opportunities and over-loading on the offensive side of the ball with talent. They claimed he wasn't really knocking Peyton, more about reinventing their team model to be more balanced.

Believe me, Baltimoreans are no fans of the Irsay family and the Indy version of the Colts for sure. They probably took a shower after defending the guy.

NSMaster56
10-16-2013, 06:02 PM
hes right but hes an idiot for saying it

He's not right.

How many teams [in the 'modern' era] can say that they accomplished what the Peyton Colts did? The Seifert 49ers, the Cowher Steelers, the Belichick Pats and...?

If Irsay was so fed up with not winning a ring, why didn't he trade or release Manning sooner? The rea$on$ $hould be obviou$.

Classless statements from Irsay.

mikegrimey
10-16-2013, 07:31 PM
I heard the interview and thought he was talking more about the defense instead of Manning
Sports writers just love to run with controversial headlines and most people are eager enough to eat it up without checking for themselves

He basically just said he'd rather have more Super Bowl rings than regular season accolades, the same sentiment that's been expressed on this board hundreds of times

Bane
10-16-2013, 08:13 PM
It's not Peyton's fault Irsay and Polian were horrendous "GMs." Their choices in the draft and free agency led to that team' constant lack of success, not Peyton's "choking".

If they had decided to field even a semi-conpetent defense for just one season, they may have won more Super Bowls.

fansince'76
10-16-2013, 09:00 PM
Irsay should be thankful he got one during the Manning era. Winning Super Bowls isn't exactly easy. Marino went ringless for his career and he's right up there among the best of all time himself. Same with Jim Kelly.

NyGiantz
10-16-2013, 09:26 PM
I think Peyton is going to have a monster game this Sunday. Luck will play good also but Peyton most likely will torch the hell out of the Colts.

patsfaninpittsburgh
10-17-2013, 11:31 AM

Actually, you are the one who completely misses the point.:noidea:

That's the point.

This "Peyton" built Lucas Stadium concept is crap. Hell, Indianapolis built a stadium before they even had a football team. Had the Colts fielded balanced, competitive teams they would have received a new house.

Has interest disappeared since "Peyton's" departure?

The reality is complete team building was not pursued because Polian rode the path of making Archie's boy "Peyton" and the entire organization was built to make him "Peyton".

Besides, the comments were really a shot at Polian. The fact that everyone rushes to "Peyton's" defense shows how screwed this entire concept really is.

JonM229
10-17-2013, 12:14 PM
Perhaps we can all agree that the Irsay family is evil and should be run out of the football community entirely.

kan_t
10-17-2013, 12:17 PM
Actually, you are the one who completely misses the point.:noidea:

That's the point.

This "Peyton" built Lucas Stadium concept is crap. Hell, Indianapolis built a stadium before they even had a football team. Had the Colts fielded balanced, competitive teams they would have received a new house.

The reality is complete team building was not pursued because Polian rode the path of making Archie's boy "Peyton" and the entire organization was built to make him "Peyton".

Besides, the comments were really a shot at Polian. The fact that everyone rushes to "Peyton's" defense shows how screwed this entire concept really is.
The problem is that you would assume they could field a balanced, competitive teams. And the truth is that it's far from a sure thing (Ask the Browns). On the other hand Peyton (and Polian and Dungy) did make the Colts relevant and competitive again. The interest hasn't disappeared because Peyton has just helped to build the Colts into a powerhouse for decade. As a fan you could say how much Brady is better than him as you like. But I would expect an owner is classy enough to realize how lucky he is by having a QB who helped to bring all those things to him.

It's classless to throw your former GM, coach and QB under the bus after all the successful years they just had.

That's the point.

Btw both Peyton and Luck handle the situation perfectly.

Atlanta Dan
10-17-2013, 12:31 PM

Agreed with regard to Peyton and Luck - but Peyton is pissed:chuckle:

After his mass press conference, we ducked into a doorway at the Denver Broncos facility, and I asked him point-blank, "Do you bear any ill will or resentment toward the Colts?"...

"To answer a question like that doesn't serve me well," he told The Indianapolis Star. "I feel like the question is based on the (Irsay) comments, so it's just easier not to answer anything along those lines."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/broncos/2013/10/16/indianapolis-colts-peyton-manning-feelings-on-jim-irsay/2998183/

GodfatherofSoul
10-17-2013, 01:20 PM

It did that year he was out. Now that they've got a new golden boy, the fans are back.

patsfaninpittsburgh
10-17-2013, 02:13 PM
The problem is that you would assume they could field a balanced, competitive teams. And the truth is that it's far from a sure thing (Ask the Browns). On the other hand Peyton (and Polian and Dungy) did make the Colts relevant and competitive again. The interest hasn't disappeared because Peyton has just helped to build the Colts into a powerhouse for decade. As a fan you could say how much Brady is better than him as you like. But I would expect an owner is classy enough to realize how lucky he is by having a QB who helped to bring all those things to him.

It's classless to throw your former GM, coach and QB under the bus after all the successful years they just had.

That's the point.

Seems history does show an Indy team showing up at Three Rivers for an AFCCG in the 1990's. It's not like the franchise never had success pre-"Peyton".

Success pre-"Peyton" does allow everyone to "assume" it can happen because it did happen. Ask Jim Harbaugh if Indy was ever successful...pre-"Peyton".

Irsay didn't throw "Peyton" under the bus. The "Peyton" ball washer apologists made this a story out of the need to defend "Peyton" against a non existent indictment.

Polian spent a minimum 70% of the cap on offense. The vast majority of top picks were dedicated to the offense. You can say that no QB had more on their shoulders than "Peyton"......yet the apologists never concede no QB had more resources lavished on them than "Peyton".

Irsay's point is the previous model was not as successful as other models. The facts make that a valid point and one he's entitled to have.....witness 2011.

Again, the only reason this became a story is every "Peyton" apologist in the woodwork needed to come out and attack Irsay over a non existent attack.

It's perfectly reasonable to assume that organization could have had greater success. That would only happen with a better balanced team and Archie's boy would never be "Peyton" on every sports show.

fansince'76
10-17-2013, 02:23 PM
The amount of butthurt Pats fans display toward Manning is almost as humorous as it is pathetic...

patsfaninpittsburgh
10-17-2013, 02:46 PM
The amount of butthurt Pats fans display toward Manning is almost as humorous as it is pathetic...

..........and the topic is completely over your head.

This is double digit IQ material..........it's way out of your league.

fansince'76
10-17-2013, 03:04 PM
..........and the topic is completely over your head.

This is double digit IQ material..........it's way out of your league.

Sure it is, pal. Hence your quoting the name Peyton for emphasis in your remarks repeatedly.

One needs only to peruse a few old articles over at CHFF to get a typical Patriots fan's mindset regarding Peyton Manning and the fact that all the pub he has gotten over the years has permanently bent their noses out of joint as they feel that he undeservedly "stole" some of the thunder away from "Tahmmy Fackin' Brady," because anyone who knows anything realizes he's truly the bestest, most dreamiest, most wonderfulest QB in the history of the universe!

And let's face it and be honest, that's the REAL issue as far as you're concerned.

Again, almost as humorous as it is pathetic...

Atlanta Dan
10-17-2013, 04:39 PM
Sure it is, pal. Hence your quoting the name Peyton for emphasis in your remarks repeatedly.

One needs only to peruse a few old articles over at CHFF to get a typical Patriots fan's mindset regarding Peyton Manning and the fact that all the pub he has gotten over the years has permanently bent their noses out of joint as they feel that he undeservedly "stole" some of the thunder away from "Tahmmy Fackin' Brady," because anyone who knows anything realizes he's truly the bestest, most dreamiest, most wonderfulest QB in the history of the universe!

And let's face it and be honest, that's the REAL issue as far as you're concerned.

He needs to vent - with Mayo and Wilfolk gone he knows this is one more year where Mr. Wonderful will still have one less ring than Bradshaw or Montana (that will be 9 years and counting since the last one - tick tock tick tock) and now Peyton may get another one

As far as the Colts to LA possibility, ESPN certainly thought it was going down

No inside knowledge here, veteran railbirds, just a gut feeling that Colts owner Jim Irsay is the guy most likely to heed the old Horace Greeley admonition to head west. And that even the blasť sports fans of Los Angeles, whose disenfranchisement by the NFL has grown into a combination of resignation and ennui, might actually abandon the beaches on Sunday afternoons if they had a chance to watch a Peyton Manning-led team.

Manning will be only 30 or 31 years old when Los Angeles retains NFL football. Still plenty of productive years remaining for him, maybe even for tailback Edgerrin James and wide receiver Marvin Harrison, his partners in offensive pyrotechnics.

http://a.espncdn.com/nfl/columns/pasquarelli_len/1557240.html

The Indianapolis market does not project the means to make this a success story. It's unlikely it can sell all the luxury suites, club seats and season tickets that it will take to make the Colts a financially competitive franchise in today's NFL. ...

"Short of actually going to the Super Bowl, (Irsay) believes that he's done everything possible to induce the market -- but the pulse is still 36,000 season tickets, and that bothers him a lot," a team source said. It bothers more than Irsay. An offseason media survey that said Indianapolis fans still prefer the NBA's Indiana Pacers and basketball drew the ire of several Colts players -- especially Manning, according to sources. The quarterback was accustomed to 100,000-plus crowds as a collegian at Tennessee.

http://espn.go.com/chrismortensen/s/2002/0912/1430810.html

Peyton gave the Colts the juice to be a must see team in a small market and one that other cities would be interested in luring away, which always helps getting a stadium deal

patsfaninpittsburgh
10-17-2013, 05:34 PM

Outside of the fact that the facts show what's reality....what is your point?:noidea:

These guys are just as defensive as steeler nation is over the obvious fact that the officials threw SB XL and actually admitted throwing the game.

That a fact. Denial of the obvious doesn't make it no longer reality.:mad:

In a saga that has nothing to do with Manning.....what makes a certain segment make it about "Peyton"?:noidea:

You couldn't figure out what the owner thought when he fired all these guys?:doh:

Probably not....that why an IQ is required.:thumbsup:

patsfaninpittsburgh
10-17-2013, 05:35 PM
He needs to vent - with Mayo and Wilfolk gone he knows this is one more year where Mr. Wonderful will still have one less ring than Bradshaw or Montana (that will be 9 years and counting since the last one - tick tock tick tock) and now Peyton may get another one

As far as the Colts to LA possibility, ESPN certainly thought it was going down

No inside knowledge here, veteran railbirds, just a gut feeling that Colts owner Jim Irsay is the guy most likely to heed the old Horace Greeley admonition to head west. And that even the blasť sports fans of Los Angeles, whose disenfranchisement by the NFL has grown into a combination of resignation and ennui, might actually abandon the beaches on Sunday afternoons if they had a chance to watch a Peyton Manning-led team.

Manning will be only 30 or 31 years old when Los Angeles retains NFL football. Still plenty of productive years remaining for him, maybe even for tailback Edgerrin James and wide receiver Marvin Harrison, his partners in offensive pyrotechnics.

http://a.espncdn.com/nfl/columns/pasquarelli_len/1557240.html

The Indianapolis market does not project the means to make this a success story. It's unlikely it can sell all the luxury suites, club seats and season tickets that it will take to make the Colts a financially competitive franchise in today's NFL. ...

"Short of actually going to the Super Bowl, (Irsay) believes that he's done everything possible to induce the market -- but the pulse is still 36,000 season tickets, and that bothers him a lot," a team source said. It bothers more than Irsay. An offseason media survey that said Indianapolis fans still prefer the NBA's Indiana Pacers and basketball drew the ire of several Colts players -- especially Manning, according to sources. The quarterback was accustomed to 100,000-plus crowds as a collegian at Tennessee.

http://espn.go.com/chrismortensen/s/2002/0912/1430810.html

Peyton gave the Colts the juice to be a must see team in a small market and one that other cities would be interested in luring away, which always helps getting a stadium deal

1-4 fan bases and their observations.

fansince'76
10-17-2013, 05:44 PM
These guys are just as defensive as steeler nation is over the obvious fact that the officials threw SB XL and actually admitted throwing the game.

That a fact. Denial of the obvious doesn't make it no longer reality.:mad:

Not nearly as defensive as Pats fan are about cheating their way to 3 sham titles and their continued denial of that obvious fact, however...

Probably not....that why an IQ is required.:thumbsup:

Agreed. You should try getting one as my point couldn't have possibly sailed any further over your head.

Atlanta Dan
10-17-2013, 07:11 PM
1-4 fan bases and their observations.

Wow - I guess you blew me up:chuckle:

Willie Colon has compartmentalized his animosity for the Patriots....

“People respect the Steelers because they play you one way,” Colon said. “You never hear an excuse about why the Steelers lose. When we lost, we moved on. I think sometimes when the Patriots lose or things go wrong, it seems as if there’s excuses for why they didn’t have a good game. Sometimes that rubs people the wrong way. I feel that way. If you lose, you take it.”

The Jets share that contempt for an organization that has repeatedly bludgeoned them. Antonio Cromartie famously called Tom Brady an “ass----” a few years ago. Darrelle Revis once voiced his displeasure about Belichick. The Jets, of course, tattled on New England to introduce the world to Spy Gate....

“There is no middle ground in cheating,” Colon said. “You either cheated or you didn’t. I think the proof is out there on that regard. It is what it is.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/jets-colon-emcee-patriot-hater-ball-article-1.1486946

Get back to me when your team wins something without taping the opponent

Until then I guess the Patriots are stuck at three Lombardis*(since Goodell destroyed the evidence that might establsih how those Lombardis may have been won)

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTJawlCDVC2pt-H_UbzhdFAIRyYkUnFVAxyfizx9y8wBzpvLpxV

harrison'samonster
10-17-2013, 07:14 PM
Until then I guess the Patriots are stuck at three Lombardis

you forgot to add the asterisk :chuckle:

Atlanta Dan
10-17-2013, 07:17 PM
you forgot to add the asterisk :chuckle:

Thanks for the reminder - fixed it:drink::sofunny:

SteelersCanada
10-17-2013, 07:30 PM
I mean, is Irsay all that far off? People have said that if Peyton had a top 5 Defense he'd be winning Super Bowl after Super Bowl. The issue with that argument is he had a really good defense last year and Peyton Manning-ed himself out of the first round.

He was 9-10 with the Colts in the postseason. Sure he got them a ring, but for the supposed greatest of all time (Brady says hi, Peyton) 9-10 when he had to win doesn't exactly debunk what Irsay is saying. He's the "Mr. October" of the NFL (thanks AtlantaDan for that little moniker).

Irsay isn't completely off base, but he shouldn't have said it.

harrison'samonster
10-17-2013, 07:37 PM
I just think it's a slap in the face to the players who worked so hard year after year to hear some dipshit owner act like he should be able to buy a championship.

tony hipchest
10-17-2013, 08:06 PM
the only defense irsay has is that he is now paying the quarterback five million a year instead of 30 million. Good for him. go when a championship and shut everyone else up. if he doesn't he looks like a complete ass.

that Pat fan sure is butthert in the worst way. Brady fans have an awful case of quarterback penis envy.

"Like my qb the best! Please please please???". :cheer:

How pathetic and effeminate.... so emo-euro-sexual. I bet Tom's assistant phillipe sends them
Photo copies of an autograph in the mail.

Atlanta Dan
10-17-2013, 08:19 PM
that Pat fan sure is butthert in the worst way. Brady fans have an awful case of quarterback penis envy.

How pathetic and effeminate.... so emo-euro-sexual. I bet Tom's assistant phillipe sends them

Photo copies of an autograph in the mail.

Is this the photo Tom autographs for his really special "fans"?

http://sportsofboston.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/TomBradyDogCollar2.png

Or is it this one?

http://cdn.na16.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/tom-brady-dork-golf.jpg

tony hipchest
10-17-2013, 09:12 PM
:horror: :jawdrop:

Double ewe.

Tee.

EFF?

No wonder them pattycake fans are so insecure.

While the likes of Ben, Peyton, or Eli will never be on the cover of GQ or OUT magazine, they were kicking him around like the Chihuahua in a pink tu-tu Giselle dressed him to be.

That's five rings and a penis he has lost in the last nine years. No wonder patfans are so bitter.

Atlanta Dan
10-17-2013, 10:21 PM
While the likes of Ben, Peyton, or Eli will never be on the cover of GQ or OUT magazine, they were kicking him around like the Chihuahua in a pink tu-tu Giselle dressed him to be.

Or maybe he is raiding her wardrobe?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Why is Tom Brady wearing his wife's sweater? <a href="http://t.co/SriVEzfj78">pic.twitter.com/SriVEzfj78</a></p>&mdash; TeamThree (@teamdwade) <a href="https://twitter.com/teamdwade/statuses/389741984543690752">October 14, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

NSMaster56
10-18-2013, 07:12 PM
Having chewed on this a little more, taking into consideration what Irsay meant vs. how it was portrayed in the media, I still think he's a jackass for the following reason(s):

He sounds a tad like a spoiled rich bitch; the type who would 'complain' about graduating w/ honors from Brown or Cornell and not Harvard or Yale.

It's not that he's wrong about you play to win rings, or that his strategy may have been flawed, or that he isn't allowed to say such things---it's more that he doesn't seem to appreciate what he has [accomplished].

There are at least 20 other teams who would have loved to enjoy the success that the Colts did during the Manning era.

So really Irsay's best options would have been to say nothing or stick to an honest objective POV of, 'I'm proud of this organization and everything we've accomplished. It's hard to have asked for more.' A vanilla response? Probably. Truth? In reality it is (maybe not from Irsay's POV). Newsworthy? Who cares?

Confounding Factor
10-18-2013, 08:23 PM
Tony Dungy chimes in

Dungy also came to Manning's defense, arguing that the quarterback's popularity and success helped prevent the Colts from leaving Indianapolis.

"Without Peyton, there would be no Lucas Oil Stadium," Dungy told ESPN. "This team would be playing in LA right now. I don't understand Jim saying this."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9832784/tony-dungy-jim-irsay-comments-peyton-manning-jim-making-personal

Of course the shot about Irsay being "frustrated" with only one Lombardi probably applies to Dungy's coaching as well

LOL Dungy, nice.

steelax04
10-18-2013, 10:04 PM
Sounds like he should be featured on whitewhine.com