PDA

View Full Version : Article Pats Jerod Mayo Lost For Season?

Atlanta Dan
10-15-2013, 10:13 PM
Bad news for the Patriots

Leading tackler Jerod Mayo is likely to miss the rest of the season after having surgery on Tuesday to repair a torn pectoral muscle, according to Yahoo! Sports.

Mayo was injured in the fourth quarter of the Patriots wild win over the Saints and left the stadium with his right arm in a sling.

It's a devastating loss for a New England defense that already lost a key starter less than three weeks ago when nose tackle Vince Wilfork suffered a torn Achilles. The Patriots will lose Mayo and his team-leading 55 tackles, no one else on the team has more than 45 tackles.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24088781/report-patriots-lb-jerod-mayo-could-miss-season-after-pectoral-surgery

sluggermatt15
10-20-2013, 09:26 AM
Mayo is out for the season. I agree it is a tough loss for New England. I don't feel bad for them because they will find a way to win without him. That is what BB does.

tony hipchest
10-20-2013, 11:17 AM
They can probably get the second seed in the playoffs with an 11-5 record.

They will probably go 12-4 even though 9-7 would be enough to win that division.

sluggermatt15
10-20-2013, 11:57 AM
They can probably get the second seed in the playoffs with an 11-5 record.

They will probably go 12-4 even though 9-7 would be enough to win that division.

Yep. Right now the Dolphins look like the only real threat. Even they don't look particularly strong at the moment. Their offense is vanilla at times. The defense is better than in year's past, but as a team they have to improve as a group. Which makes me think at least one of the wild card spots in the AFC is up for grabs.