PDA

View Full Version : Do we break the bank on Hampton ?

BlitzburghRockCity
06-24-2005, 12:15 AM
Assuming we sign Ward first, u know Casey wants a new deal too, and I for one would hate to see him hit the open market next year. So would you break the bank again, like we're gonna need to do w/ Hines, to keep Casey?

clevestinks
06-24-2005, 02:59 PM
No, we offer a descent price. But nothing to break the bank. Hoke filled in nicely. Our D is all about LB`s. Our d line does play a big role, but I don`t think we need a really high priced DL. Not after a big time injury.

RoethlisBURGHer
06-24-2005, 04:48 PM
We offer him something good and see if loyalty means anything to him.We're breaking the bank for Hines...and if he leaves we got Hoke to replace him,and Hoke is a good NT.

If Casey chases the money,I think Cleveland will make a run for him.They need an experianced 3-4 guy and I think he'd fit in well with Romeo's plans,unfortunatly.

bengalsfan21
06-24-2005, 05:04 PM
Even though I am not a fan I agree with Roethlisburgher here

clevestinks
06-24-2005, 05:27 PM
Even though I am not a fan I agree with Roethlisburgher here
Not a fan yet!

BlitzburghRockCity
06-24-2005, 11:01 PM
There are more teams than ever running the 3-4... Thanks to us, Casey has alot more options, which could come back to haunt us.

bengalsfan21
06-24-2005, 11:03 PM
Not a fan yet!

Never will be a fan....I have home town pride and always will... :D

BlitzburghRockCity
06-24-2005, 11:23 PM
YOu gotta be something of a fan, to be a fan of your team for so long... so I'll give ya that.

bengalsfan21
06-24-2005, 11:24 PM
YOu gotta be something of a fan, to be a fan of your team for so long... so I'll give ya that.

It's just like having a wife, they got me through sickness and in health, and til death do us part. :D

BlitzburghRockCity
06-24-2005, 11:41 PM
yeah, but Im sure your wife didnt lose on everything she tried for over 10 years ;)

clevestinks
06-25-2005, 11:00 AM
Never will be a fan....I have home town pride and always will... :D
I don`t know, you spend alot of time here. :D

BlitzburghRockCity
06-25-2005, 08:31 PM
we're slowly breaking him of that orange curse.. slowly but surely..

bengalsfan21
06-26-2005, 12:41 AM
yeah, but Im sure your wife didnt lose on everything she tried for over 10 years ;)

I'm not married but I hope when I do get married she doesn't lose on everything for 10 years bc the marriage would only last 2 tops.. :)

bengalsfan21
06-26-2005, 12:42 AM
I don`t know, you spend alot of time here. :D

I made some friends...I think... :D ...I'll be in Pittsburgh the weekend of the Bengals Steelers game...But not to root for the black and gold team of course.

bengalsfan21
06-26-2005, 12:43 AM
we're slowly breaking him of that orange curse.. slowly but surely..

Hey this is a "do we break the bank on Hampton" thread not "how to break ben away from the orange and black. :D

BlitzburghRockCity
06-26-2005, 12:44 AM
If you're real nice to us and buy us things and kiss our asses, we might even let you tailgate w/ us.... MIGHT !!!!! :D

but we're not responsible for bodily injury that you may incur while tailgating w/ said Steeler fans.

bengalsfan21
06-26-2005, 12:47 AM
If you're real nice to us and buy us things and kiss our asses, we might even let you tailgate w/ us.... MIGHT !!!!! :D

but we're not responsible for bodily injury that you may incur while tailgating w/ said Steeler fans.

I think I would feel more comfortable tailgating with Dave and them....But if i'm aloud i'll come hang out and meet you guys......I guess i'll have to hire a few body guards for my trip to steelerville.. :D

BlitzburghRockCity
06-26-2005, 12:49 AM
yeah ok, we'll atleast let you come say Hi to us then.. I wouldnt mind meeting you myself.. nice to put a face w/ the name..

bengalsfan21
06-26-2005, 12:50 AM
yeah ok, we'll atleast let you come say Hi to us then.. I wouldnt mind meeting you myself.. nice to put a face w/ the name..

Yea I agree it's always nice to do that...But i'll definatly be there, everyone else is wanting to take the bus but I think i'll drive up Friday or early Saturday so I can tour the place a little.

clevestinks
06-26-2005, 07:01 AM
Yea I agree it's always nice to do that...But i'll definatly be there, everyone else is wanting to take the bus but I think i'll drive up Friday or early Saturday so I can tour the place a little.
When you take your tour, remember to check out the FOUR Superbowl trophies. Just in case you haven`t see any b4.lol

bigbensgirl7
06-26-2005, 09:16 AM
When you take your tour, remember to check out the FOUR Superbowl trophies. Just in case you haven`t see any b4.lol
:laughing: That's pretty funny Cleve...
Now back to the original subject here. I think I pretty much agree with everyone. We offer him a fair amount and if he stays good, if not we move on. Blitz you are correct in saying that now there are so many teams running the 3-4, and a lot of those teams might want him and offer him more. I think Hoke did a fine job filling in and I think he will step up if he needs to. I'm really not too worried about this at all (even though I will miss him if he does go somewhere else) we have the depth to over come it and we will! :)

steelparrot
06-27-2005, 09:57 AM
:laughing: That's pretty funny Cleve...
Now back to the original subject here. I think I pretty much agree with everyone. We offer him a fair amount and if he stays good, if not we move on. Blitz you are correct in saying that now there are so many teams running the 3-4, and a lot of those teams might want him and offer him more. I think Hoke did a fine job filling in and I think he will step up if he needs to. I'm really not too worried about this at all (even though I will miss him if he does go somewhere else) we have the depth to over come it and we will! :)

exactly, i do like hampton and i would like to keep him but if things dont work out then hoke will fill in just fine.

Avoid LLoyd1975
06-27-2005, 11:02 AM
Smart decision...Get rid of another rock solid first round pick. Chris Hoke sucks. He filled in averagely because he didn't have to make plays because the rest of the defensive squad was. Hell lets let him go today and put our a$$es in a jam. I have met both Casey and Chris at separate locations. Casey is the real deal. Chris Hoke is a shrimp who gets pushed around. Hampton=Top 5 D-lineman in the league. Hoke=expendable backup who isn't worth a 7th round pick. Then lets look at who plays beside him. Kimo.....Wow so next year we will really suck on the d-line. Aaron Smith can't penetrate a whole offensive line himself. The offensive lineman are going to smack our D-line in the face and tie up our linebackers so we will suck all over again in that aspect of the game. Good game planning....

atlsteelers
06-27-2005, 11:47 AM
Why do we not sign our top picks to longer contracts. Think we could still have burress and kendrell for another year. Look at the pats they sign their rookies to 5 to 6 year contracts. If they do not like it tough, last year ben watson held out (pats #1), contract terms too long, he signs at the end of camp for less money and gets slammed with the extra year. Richard seymour is threatening to sit out this year becuase the pats forced? him to sign a 6 year deal out of college. i know you all might bring up alonzo jackson (2nd round bust?) but in the nfl the contract is not guranteed so you may lose a little in a larger signing bonus but come on. there is no reason that casey hampton could walk after only wearing the black and gold for four years. burress gone after four, kendrel gone after four...let keep our yonger players a little longer...

SteelerFanInATL
07-21-2005, 07:23 PM
Make him a decent offer and he will take it. He has already said that he wants to stay in Pittsburgh. He knows the deal, we are close to winning a one or two super bowls. He can have the best of both worlds if he is smart. I agree, do not break the bank

clevestinks
07-21-2005, 07:26 PM
Make him a decent offer and he will take it. He has already said that he wants to stay in Pittsburgh. He knows the deal, we are close to winning a one or two super bowls. He can have the best of both worlds if he is smart. I agree, do not break the bank

Right on. Hampton is great. But he has a role on this team. A role that can be replaced easier than a LB on our team.

VaDave
07-21-2005, 07:32 PM
I'm sure Casey know what the career longevity is for a nose Tackle, which ain't long. He's going to want to be paid well because statistically after 2 more years, if he makes to that point, he'll be on borrowed time. Unfortunately, the front office know it too.

clevestinks
07-21-2005, 07:35 PM
Chris Hoke filled in just fine , as a matter of fact we lead the league in least allowed rushing yards, and we were 15-1. Hampton is great, but do we need great?

ironcitychef
07-22-2005, 12:47 AM
In the 3-4 the NT role isn't so much about the NT itself as it is about the LB's. You have to have a mountain of a man(great) to eat up one extra blocker at the point to free up a lane for an active LB. With Hampton out, I'm afraid we held a LB in to help out which led to better run stats, but lower pressures. No knock on Hoke as he is what he is and played his heart out, but his stat/bio sheet is not what we are looking for long term.

Avoid LLoyd1975
07-22-2005, 01:54 PM
Pay him. Only if midway through this season he is playing like he should.