PDA

View Full Version : Article Cowboys will be $31M over cap

steelax04
10-20-2013, 01:14 PM
And you all thought the Steelers were in cap hell... ouch.

Cowboys will be $31M over cap
Updated: October 20, 2013, 11:34 AM ET
By Adam Schefter | ESPN

The Dallas Cowboys are projected to be at least a league-leading $31 million over the salary cap next season.

The Cowboys will face what one NFL executive called "a train wreck" in terms of their salary-cap issues.

If Dallas is $31 million over the cap, it would be $13 million more than the next-closest team, the New Orleans Saints.

Dallas' messy salary-cap situation got even messier this week when the Cowboys released former Pro Bowl defensive tackle Jay Ratliff, who will count for almost $7 million against the cap in 2014.

Dallas likely will be forced to cut more players and slash contracts in an effort just to get back to the salary cap, especially after giving lucrative extensions to quarterback Tony Romo, linebacker Sean Lee, tight end Jason Witten and wide receiver Miles Austin.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/9854353/dallas-cowboys-projected-31-million-salary-cap-2014

GBMelBlount
10-20-2013, 01:49 PM
Wow. I guess our situation isn't as bad as it could be.

On a side note, Romo is well liked by defenses.

http://i.qkme.me/3r6fxs.jpg

tony hipchest
10-20-2013, 02:31 PM
Jerry Jones is already leading the charge to have Thursday night double headers to increase revenues for the league, much to the dismay of the players and coaches.

Look for good ell to finally raise the salary cap limits to help his most favorite boss out.

NSMaster56
10-20-2013, 02:54 PM
There's nothing facetious or sarcastic enough to say here.

Jerry Jones is such a douche that Al Davis must be marveling from hell.

sluggermatt15
10-20-2013, 03:58 PM
Interesting article. So for Dallas, first it was the cap penalty of $18 M last year and now this? That's hilarious! Jerry Jones better start paying attention to this instead of trying to play with the team on the field. Leave that to the coaches... or better yet, HIRE A GM!!! But that won't happen. So Dallas will continue to suffer.

OX1947
10-20-2013, 06:32 PM
I love having Jerry Jones running the cowboys. Because as long as he is there, the Cowboys will never win another Super Bowl.

harrison'samonster
10-20-2013, 06:35 PM
Wow. I guess our situation isn't as bad as it could be.

On a side note, Romo is well liked by defenses.

http://i.qkme.me/3r6fxs.jpg

:rofl: wonderful picture!

GBMelBlount
10-20-2013, 07:23 PM
:rofl: wonderful picture!

This is my favorite one. :chuckle:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-0koOfIoSxSw/Ts_5X3zSHHI/AAAAAAABEUc/FkzfZCX3QBw/s1600/Dallas+Cowboys+-+Tony+Romo+jpg.jpg

NyGiantz
10-20-2013, 11:35 PM
Fuck the Cowboys.

NSMaster56
10-25-2013, 01:39 PM
Breakdown of Cowboys situation:

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9876519/bill-barnwell-jerry-jones-cowboys

P.S.,

Sorry if this isn't linked 'right'. I'm too busy and lazy right now to follow rules.

TheWarDen86
10-25-2013, 01:50 PM
I love having Jerry Jones running the cowboys. Because as long as he is there, the Cowboys will never win another Super Bowl.

He hired the man that immediately delivered three (one via Switzer).

OX1947
10-25-2013, 02:18 PM

so.

sluggermatt15
10-25-2013, 08:33 PM

You are 110% correct. As I said, Jerry does not plan on hiring a real NFL GM any time soon. Thus the team will continue to not fare well in the playoffs. They can have 10 new coaches, QBs, etc. but it won't do them anything.

TheWarDen86
10-26-2013, 07:11 AM
so.

So, you seem to have forgotten that judging by your statement.

GBMelBlount
10-26-2013, 07:18 AM
Jimmy Johnson was a helluva coach.

Jerry won their battle but the Cowboys lost as a team.

OX1947
10-26-2013, 11:31 AM
So, you seem to have forgotten that judging by your statement.

How bout I give you a smack

TheWarDen86
10-26-2013, 11:40 AM
How bout I give you a smack

You could try, but I wouldn't recommend it. You wouldn't like my reaction.

fansince'76
10-26-2013, 11:45 AM

That and the fact that he actually stayed out of Johnson's way until Johnson became "too successful" for his ego to handle have been the only good moves he's made in the almost-quarter century he's owned that team. I know of more than a few Cowboys fans who have vowed to boycott the team until Jones either sells it or stops his meddling and hires a GM who actually knows what he's doing.

GBMelBlount
10-26-2013, 12:23 PM
http://cdn.bleacherreport.com/images_root/image_pictures/0109/2053/jones_funny_copy_feature.jpg

OX1947
10-26-2013, 12:24 PM
You could try, but I wouldn't recommend it. You wouldn't like my reaction.

When Jerry hired Jimmy, he was working as a new owner who had a plan to build a team. Jimmy ran the operations with JERRA. Jimmy made the calls, Jerry made sure they went through. Then, after 2 super bowls, Jerra felt left out and marginalized with Jimmy getting all the credit. And what did he do? He fired Jimmy, ahem, they parted ways amicably. Then he hires some cowboy from Oklahoma, gets lucky and wins with Jimmy's players one more time and then that's the last significant win the cowboys have had in nearly 17 years.

Since JERRA has been in COMPLETE control, the CowJERRAS have won one lousy playoff game. So, ya, Jerra will never win a Super Bowl as long as he acts like the father, son and holy JERRA

TheWarDen86
10-26-2013, 12:35 PM
When Jerry hired Jimmy, he was working as a new owner who had a plan to build a team. Jimmy ran the operations with JERRA. Jimmy made the calls, Jerry made sure they went through. Then, after 2 super bowls, Jerra felt left out and marginalized with Jimmy getting all the credit. And what did he do? He fired Jimmy, ahem, they parted ways amicably. Then he hires some cowboy from Oklahoma, gets lucky and wins with Jimmy's players one more time and then that's the last significant win the cowboys have had in nearly 17 years.

Since JERRA has been in COMPLETE control, the CowJERRAS have won one lousy playoff game. So, ya, Jerra will never win a Super Bowl as long as he acts like the father, so and holy JERRA

I'm not saying Jerry's Cryboys are going to amount to anything going forward, tough guy.

You said they'd never win another SB as long as he owns them. That may be true, but he did win 3 SBs with him as owner. He DID hire Jimmy Johnson. Jimmy Johnson never won anything either after he left. Jerry got one more.

OX1947
10-26-2013, 12:39 PM
I'm not saying Jerry's Cryboys are going to amount to anything going forward, tough guy.

You said they'd never win another SB as long as he owns them. That may be true, but he did win 3 SBs with him as owner. He DID hire Jimmy Johnson. Jimmy Johnson never won anything either after he left. Jerry got one more.

(bleep) Jerra!

GBMelBlount
10-26-2013, 12:39 PM

How many years did Johnson coach though?

TheWarDen86
10-26-2013, 12:50 PM
(bleep) Jerra!

I agree, my socially challenged friend, I agree.

TheWarDen86
10-26-2013, 12:52 PM
How many years did Johnson coach though?5 seasons? Took two-three years to build the team

silver & black
10-26-2013, 01:41 PM
In other news, the Raiders will have 50 million in cap space next year. Maybe the time in hell is at an end? We shall see.

JonM229
10-26-2013, 02:23 PM
In other news, the Raiders will have 50 million in cap space next year. Maybe the time in hell is at an end? We shall see.

Raiders hell:

http://www.slate.com/content/dam/slate/articles/sports/sports_nut/features/2012/nfl_2012/week_2/tony_siragusa_says_he_never_wanted_to_hurt_anyone_ tony_siragusa_is_a_liar_/51585260.jpg.CROP.multipart2-medium.jpg

Atlanta Dan
10-26-2013, 03:02 PM
Breakdown/takedown by Grantland

Jerry's Broken Toy
The Cowboys' practice of bad drafts and worse contracts is leading them down a path to salary-cap catastrophe

At the heart of all those contradictions and inconsistencies is Jerry Jones, the owner/general manager of the Cowboys, who runs his team like the Dutch boy who constantly plugs dikes with hundred-dollar bills. Since Bill Parcells left in January of 2007, Jones's organization has been consistently successful at only one thing: draining the family coffers. It pays top dollar for premium talent, and sees the guys on the bottom of its roster blow plays that cost it playoff chances. The Cowboys have moments when they look like the best team in football and moments when they look entirely incompetent, occasionally during the same contest. They have terrible drafts and great drafts. They do something good teams do lock up their own young talent and somehow make more mistakes doing it than anybody else. If insanity is repeating the same mistakes and expecting different results, nobody is crazier than Jerry Jones, personnel man.:chuckle:...

Nobody misjudges and overpays the talent on hand more than Jerry Jones and his organization. From 2006 (Parcells's final year with the team), the Cowboys have been almost comically shortsighted in signing players who were already on the roster to long-term extensions. You can almost build an entire team out of bad Cowboys extensions....

After Jimmy Johnson left, Jones's drafts were terrible and his coaches were mostly bad until Parcells came around. Now, since Parcells has left, Jones's drafts have mostly been bad (2010 aside) and he has traded away valuable draft assets for hunches on players who weren't worth it. Jones traded first- and third-round picks for wide receiver Roy Williams at the trade deadline in 2008 when Williams was about to become a free agent at the end of the season. He dealt a second-round pick to St. Louis in 2012 to trade up and grab cornerback Morris Claiborne, a move that has been an unmitigated disaster so far.

So, given that his team is facing a cap Armageddon that Jones keeps putting off year after year, why wouldn't he be interested in an expensive running back? The only guy who makes sense is Maurice Jones-Drew, who would be a free agent after the season that the Cowboys couldn't possibly afford to re-sign. Never mind that Jones-Drew has been essentially useless this season, or that a trade would cost Jones one of the draft picks he desperately needs to restock the depth on his paper-thin roster. It's no surprise that the guy with the billion-dollar stadium and the enormous video screen would be distracted by shiny things.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9876519/bill-barnwell-jerry-jones-cowboys

tony hipchest
10-26-2013, 03:22 PM
Raiders hell:

http://www.slate.com/content/dam/slate/articles/sports/sports_nut/features/2012/nfl_2012/week_2/tony_siragusa_says_he_never_wanted_to_hurt_anyone_ tony_siragusa_is_a_liar_/51585260.jpg.CROP.multipart2-medium.jpg

thats f***** up. You guys deserved 5 years of Kyle Boller for that "hit" alone.

so Jerry Jones agreed to be the number 3 team to kick the crap out of Jacksonville over in London next year. That ought a earn him some special favors from the league.

Atlanta Dan
10-26-2013, 04:18 PM
thats f***** up. You guys deserved 5 years of Kyle Boller for that "hit" alone.

so Jerry Jones agreed to be the number 3 team to kick the crap out of Jacksonville over in London next year. That ought a earn him some special favors from the league.

Getting a share of the cut at Wembley is better than the Cowboys would get at Jax

tony hipchest
10-26-2013, 04:26 PM
No doubt. Jerry probably gets an additional 10% of the jagoffs cut.

silver & black
10-26-2013, 05:53 PM
Raiders hell:

Have I ever mentioned how much I hated that fat bastard back then?

ricardisimo
10-27-2013, 12:40 PM
All of which means that the Cowboys are only going to suck worse and worse for years to come, and yet we're still going to have to endure their suckitude every single Thanksgiving.

GodfatherofSoul
10-27-2013, 01:02 PM
All of which means that the Cowboys are only going to suck worse and worse for years to come, and yet we're still going to have to endure their suckitude every single Thanksgiving.

Watching the Cowboys get owned on Thanksgiving is better than moms baked Mac n cheese.

sluggermatt15
10-27-2013, 03:57 PM
Watching the Cowboys get owned on Thanksgiving is better than moms baked Mac n cheese.

Did you see them blow today's game? It was on here locally but I decided to skip the end. I couldn't believe it! Well, in a sense I'm not surprised because it is the Cowboys. They are totally bipolar! I think it's hilarious!! :toofunny:

mikegrimey
10-27-2013, 04:01 PM
Did you see them blow today's game? It was on here locally but I decided to skip the end. I couldn't believe it! Well, in a sense I'm not surprised because it is the Cowboys. They are totally bipolar! I think it's hilarious!! :toofunny:

I watched it cause I don't have cable or anything so I just watch what I can get with an antenna, that was a crazy game! I was super surprised when Staffor kept the ball and jumped in for the score

Dez Bryant was throwing a hissy fit on the sideline at least twice during the game. That loss has to sting for Dallas

GodfatherofSoul
10-27-2013, 04:04 PM

I saw that awesome fake spike. That was all Stafford. Loved the pouty shots of coaches and players on the sideline!

sluggermatt15
10-27-2013, 04:09 PM
I wonder what Jerry Jones thought.... LOL

sw04ca
10-27-2013, 05:39 PM
Dex Bryant: Punk, bitch, or punk-ass bitch?

NSMaster56
10-27-2013, 06:13 PM
Dex Bryant: Punk, bitch, or punk-ass bitch?

SUPER TALENTED punk ass bitch.

sw04ca
10-27-2013, 06:40 PM
I can accept that.