PDA

View Full Version : Staley demoted to #3 RB

Sith Lord
09-02-2006, 02:08 PM
Looks like he made the team...

Steelers | Staley demoted to No. 3 running back
Sat, 2 Sep 2006 10:04:43 -0700

The Associated Press reports Pittsburgh Steelers RB Duce Staley will open the season as the team's No. 3 running back and may be inactive for some early season games.

HometownGal
09-02-2006, 02:14 PM
Looks like he made the team...

Steelers | Staley demoted to No. 3 running back
Sat, 2 Sep 2006 10:04:43 -0700

The Associated Press reports Pittsburgh Steelers RB Duce Staley will open the season as the team's No. 3 running back and may be inactive for some early season games.

Hmmm - interesting, though I didn't think Cowher would cut him this season.

Koopa
09-02-2006, 02:15 PM
his fat ass should be at the unemployment line......damn, i guess being a has been has it's benefits cause the never will bes or could've beens come in ready and play hard and get cut

Midnightwriter07
09-02-2006, 02:22 PM
and it says that he may beactivated as well early on ???? why the **** not keep KUHN then ... I dont get it .. SLIM FAST SLIM FAST

OneForTheToe
09-02-2006, 02:25 PM
I thought Duce was number 3 on the depth chart already?

CantStop85
09-02-2006, 02:28 PM
Would it be possible for the Steelers to PUP Duce?

Lyn
09-02-2006, 02:29 PM
and it says that he may beactivated as well early on ???? why the **** not keep KUHN then ... I dont get it .. SLIM FAST SLIM FAST

Must be they like his gray sweat suit and like paying a non contributor. Perhaps his "experience" is beneficial to the rookies ? I have no idea. I am sick to death of him.

Koopa
09-02-2006, 02:33 PM
it seems some of y'all are overrating this kuhn dude......i saw one game and he didn't do shit... if he can't make it over duce then he sucks, and when he did do good it was against ppl that are in the same position as him...looking for a job

Livinginthe past
09-02-2006, 02:35 PM
I doubted the stories last year that said he was staying on the bench in order to allow Bettis his final season of glory it didn't seem a very professional thing to do or say.

However, it seems that this guy simply doesn't have the hunger and fire in order to perform at this level anymore.

Perhaps he is just unmotivated by the pre-season - lets face it - if he can do as bad a he has done and still make No.3 then he must have either known he was going to make the 53 regardless of his performances.

Bettis was always super-nimble given his huge frame - how do they compare weight wise - 2005 Bettis to 2006 Staley?

NM

Midnightwriter07
09-02-2006, 03:22 PM
Then you wernt watching all the pre season game. He didnt get the ball like Staley did, which was a shame IMO... because i think he could be a good back who has good speed on him for as big as he his.. I hope he will stay on our practice squad and nobody picks him up.

Koopa
09-02-2006, 03:31 PM
Then you wernt watching all the pre season game. He didnt get the ball like Staley did, which was a shame IMO... because i think he could be a good back who has good speed on him for as big as he his.. I hope he will stay on our practice squad and nobody picks him up.

if you're talkin to me, i did state early in my post that i only watched one game, so right off the bat that should tell you i didn't watch all the games......the rest of the games i just followed on crappy nfl.com. he only went in when garbage players were in. he probably would've sucked against real talent

Steelknife
09-02-2006, 03:55 PM
Why is Duce even here? Christ. Why not cut him?

He's not even going to be active for games.

Parker, Haynes, Cobbs will be active. Staley will be deactivated unless there are injuries.

So will Haynes be both our 3rd down back and our change of pace back?

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y226/xpersnicketyonex/stillers/9-2-06duce.jpg

Get used to it.

Sith Lord
09-02-2006, 04:32 PM

Practice squad????? That has to be the line of the year. What proven NFL player goes on someones practice squad AFTER the prime of his career?

Ambridge
09-02-2006, 04:36 PM
WTF!!!:dang: :banging: :mad:

Keeping worthless, useless Duce..........make a deal with the Pats for a rookie running back who doesn't have clue one of the Steelers offensive system, let both Humes and Kuhn go with one or both probably not clearing waivers, not to mention the entire stable of receivers it looks like that are going to be kept.

This has BLUNDER written all over it.

19ward86
09-02-2006, 04:52 PM
if u didnt see anything special then you must be blind because he did lead our team in ypc this preseason. he would of been a better addition to the team than cobbs was. cobbs isnt even that big of a back, he isnt what we need. kuhn isnt being overrated just stated that he would of been the best guy toback up willie. i personally dont think verron or duce will be doing a good job. i think they will both be released at the end of the season. verron is too small to be a powerback and duce is too bloaded.kuhn weighed 250 and was around 6' tall but he was fast(for a 250 pound guy) i just hope we find someone in the draft next year.

LambertIsGod58
09-02-2006, 04:57 PM
WTF....I'm growing very tired of this BS. He needs to go. Plain and f'in simple. And once again, he's gonna be inactive. Boy, what a big f'in surprise.

TasmanianTroy271
09-02-2006, 05:17 PM
Practice squad????? That has to be the line of the year. What proven NFL player goes on someones practice squad AFTER the prime of his career?

I believe he was talking about Kuhn

clevestinks
09-02-2006, 05:19 PM
He is killing our cap. He`ll just sit the bench and collect a huge check while getting fatter! we lose either way!

Sith Lord
09-02-2006, 05:23 PM
I believe he was talking about Kuhn

I hope so....i have to admit, I saw 2 preseason games, so \i really cant give you much of an opinion on Kuhn. i only got the 1st game and the 3rd game here in NY...listened to portions of the other 2 on SIRIUS.

redst3
09-02-2006, 07:47 PM
Look at the bright side. Duce will probably have an injury after a few games and we can bring in Yancey Thigpen's ghost.....oh wait, Duce is Yancey's ghost....

Sorry, thats about all the positive spin i can give this move.

PisnNapalm
09-02-2006, 07:55 PM
Bettis was always super-nimble given his huge frame - how do they compare weight wise - 2005 Bettis to 2006 Staley?

NM

Bettis was listed at 255 pounds last season, but I think that was a tad light. Duce is listed at 242 pound for this season if I remember right.

43Hitman
09-02-2006, 09:32 PM
I'll admit that I was and still am a fan of Kuhn over Duce. I know everyone's arguement is that Kuhn ran against scrubs and didn't face the talent that Duce did. I'll agree with that assesment but, Duce also ran against the scrubs and couldn't do jack $@%*. I just think that if given the chance Kuhn could have performed with the "real" talent.

If anything he was atleast worth the #3 spot behind Parker and Haynes. I guess experience takes you farther than talent these days.

I.C. Lights
09-03-2006, 02:20 PM
However, it seems that this guy simply doesn't have the hunger and fire in order to perform at this level anymore.
NM

:iagree: