PDA

View Full Version : Your 2nd Favorite NFL Team & Why?

Confounding Factor
10-24-2013, 09:03 PM
Packers, just because of their tradition and it seems like an organization of class. Never met a bad Packers fan either. Love their stadium.

All other NFL teams can blow me.

JonM's 2nd favorite is the Steelers.

Fire Arians
10-24-2013, 09:09 PM
Kansas City, they're my brother's team and we sorta cheer on eachother's team if one's in the playoffs and the other isn't.

Blacksburg Zach
10-24-2013, 09:11 PM
If I have to pick one, I'll say the New York Giants.

btaylor179
10-24-2013, 09:35 PM
whoever is playing the ratbirds

NSMaster56
10-24-2013, 11:47 PM
Technically Seattle since I grew up in WA.

However, my family has diverse fandom (Bay Area and Cowboys) and I love the game so much that I've developed a fondness for the Colts (due to Peyton Manning) and any team that excels on the field.

Currently I enjoy watching the 49ers and Seahawks. Their style(s) of play remind me of the 90's Steelers, only with a dynamic offense.

I've also been keeping an eye on KC this year since I moved to the midwest. They remind me of the 90's Steelers, down to the 'just enough' offense.

teegre
10-25-2013, 12:36 AM
Good question.

Hmmm...

Chargers: I attend a game every year, and I watch nearly every other game on TV. Plus, my wife is a Bolt fan; so...

Seahawks: Currently, I root for the Seahawks. I like Russell Wilson, and think that their defense is amazing.

Colts: I think Andrew Luck is amazing. Ever since he was a sophomore, I've watched as many of his games as possible. If not the Steelers (or Chargers... right honey?), I root for a Colts-Seahawks SuperBowl.

Saints: I love watching Brees excel... and reminding Chargers fans of this. :chuckle:

jacobo
10-25-2013, 01:34 AM
probably the colts because i would always play as them in madden when i was competitive in that game (like ten years ago with that GOAT offense). now the only reason i like them is because of luck, but i REALLY love him so theyre kinda my default second team if the steelers are out

Fire Arians
10-25-2013, 02:23 AM
Good question.

Hmmm...

Chargers: I attend a game every year, and I watch nearly every other game on TV. Plus, my wife is a Bolt fan; so...

Seahawks: Currently, I root for the Seahawks. I like Russell Wilson, and think that their defense is amazing.

Colts: I think Andrew Luck is amazing. Ever since he was a sophomore, I've watched as many of his games as possible. If not the Steelers (or Chargers... right honey?), I root for a Colts-Seahawks SuperBowl.

Saints: I love watching Brees excel... and reminding Chargers fans of this. :chuckle:

my gf is a chargers fan (she's originally from SD), but i can't bring myself to cheer for douchebag rivers :chuckle:

GodfatherofSoul
10-25-2013, 02:55 AM
I tend to go for other players, not teams. AP, Megatron, Cam, RG3, and I'd like to see Josh Freeman turn his career around. But, a stiff wind could have me cheering on another team.

And, definitely not the CHIEFS! Bad enough living in bandwagon city...

kan_t
10-25-2013, 03:24 AM
Packers. Love their rich history and tradition. It also helps that Clay Matthews and Aaron Rodgers are two of my favorite players.

Fire Arians
10-25-2013, 03:56 AM
I tend to go for other players, not teams. AP, Megatron, Cam, RG3, and I'd like to see Josh Freeman turn his career around. But, a stiff wind could have me cheering on another team.

I'm the same way for the most part, i love watching players like megatron, AP, RG3 and marshawn lynch, except if they're on my opponent's fantasy team lol

WVABE
10-25-2013, 07:06 AM
No real favorites but I have to agree with the Packers, "the peoples team".

But the Ratbirds are a close 2nd :yield:

:chuckle:

ricardisimo
10-25-2013, 07:08 AM
Packers - small town thing
Saints - post-Katrina
Browns - My childhood hatred of my hometown team has turned to pity.

NJarhead
10-25-2013, 07:45 AM
I'm in the Giants market and grew up with them. I pull for them to do well (for my family and friends sake most of the time), but I've also always been intrigued by the city of Seattle and having made some friends there, I tend to keep my eye on the Seahawks (who also happen to employ my favorite non-Steeler).

teegre
10-25-2013, 08:16 AM
my gf is a chargers fan (she's originally from SD), but i can't bring myself to cheer for douchebag rivers :chuckle:

I know, huh. Rivers is always screaming... and whining. Such a douche.

JonM229
10-25-2013, 09:06 AM
JonM's 2nd favorite is the Steelers.

I always prefer the Steelers to do well (but not that well). I also feel bad for you guys, especially when the Steelers lose to the Browns.

I tend to switch between Bears and Packers these days due to my location along the Illinois-Wisconsin border.

SteelCityMom
10-25-2013, 10:00 AM
Packers and Bears (and to a lesser extent the Vikings and Lions). I'm in general a fan of NFCN teams, just because it reminds me most of our division, with Packers and Bears leading the way.

Buddha Bus
10-25-2013, 10:07 AM
Packers. I like the small town, blue-collar image and the fact that the fans are part owners of the team. They are an old school franchise and respectable. Always liked them as my NFC team.

I used to like the Chargers until Norv and Philip Rivers came along. Rivers is a tool.

SteelersCanada
10-25-2013, 10:35 AM
The lady is a huge Patriots fan, but it's going to be a cold day in hell when I cheer on Belichick. Nuh uh. Ain't gonna happen. No sir. It's always fun on Sundays when she cheers for the Steelers with me and then I go against the Patriots. Petty? Probably. Fun? You betcha.

I'm a huge, huge, huge Cam Newton fan. I'll see every Panthers game during the year at some point during the week, be it on All-22 or before the Steelers game on Sunday Ticket. I honestly think Cam is one of, if not the most underrated Quarterback in the NFL. The things he's been able to accomplish with a piss-poor offensive line and no help on offense is amazing to me. Dude's Kaepernick if Kap had any accuracy or touch on his passes. He's the only Quarterback in the NFL I'd trade Roethlisberger for.

steelax04
10-25-2013, 11:07 AM
Packers. Started rooting for them as my 2nd team since Brett Favre is one of my all-time favorite players.

teegre
10-25-2013, 04:10 PM
I used to like the Chargers until Norv and Philip Rivers came along. Rivers is a tool.

You sounds like everyone out here in SD... :chuckle:

ebsteelers
10-25-2013, 04:52 PM
who ever is winning ebsteelers cash!!!