PDA

View Full Version : Trent Murphy

teegre
10-26-2013, 11:52 PM
I know that CB & LT are top priorities, but I am intrigued by this kid.

He's a big OLB. So, I'm wondering if he could possible switch to DE and be the next JJ Watt.

Any thoughts?

SteelersCanada
10-27-2013, 12:17 AM
It would greatly depend on where we were drafting and who else was on the board. If I'm being honest, I don't think DE is a pressing need right now. Heyward shows why he should've been starting a while ago and Hood looks like he can fill in admirably for Da Beard when he hangs 'em up.

I don't have anything against it, but again, it would greatly depend on where we are with who's left on the board.

Let me answer your question with a question: do you take him over Purifoy? Or Roberson? Olomu?

GBMelBlount
10-27-2013, 12:20 AM
I know that CB & LT are top priorities, but I am intrigued by this kid.

He's a big OLB. So, I'm wondering if he could possible switch to DE and be the next JJ Watt.

Any thoughts?

With so many young players on both sides of the ball it may be hard to say this early.

In my dreams the offensive line finely gels and we won't need to address LT.

I do think we may need to look TE soon. I actually would have been happy with Eifert this year.

teegre
10-27-2013, 01:14 AM
It would greatly depend on where we were drafting and who else was on the board. If I'm being honest, I don't think DE is a pressing need right now. Heyward shows why he should've been starting a while ago and Hood looks like he can fill in admirably for Da Beard when he hangs 'em up.

I don't have anything against it, but again, it would greatly depend on where we are with who's left on the board.

Let me answer your question with a question: do you take him over Purifoy? Or Roberson? Olomu?

My gut says "no."

They really need a young CB, and thus, I've been watching the college CBs.

But... this kid reminds me a lot of Watt. If I could have Watt, then, yes, I'd take him over a CB. That said, there's no guarantee that he's Watt, and DE is not nearly as big a need as CB. So, ultimately, bring on the CB.

harrison'samonster
10-27-2013, 07:58 AM
in 2001 the Steelers drafted a NT and we dominated throughout the decade. Coincidence? I think not.

GBMelBlount
10-27-2013, 09:02 AM
in 2001 the Steelers drafted a NT and we dominated throughout the decade. Coincidence? I think not.

Don't forget we traded up and stole Taamu in the 4th.

Let the new era begin! :chuckle:

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2440215/taamu-225x300_medium.jpg

harrison'samonster
10-27-2013, 09:04 AM
I actually did forget about Ta'amu, thanks for reminding me.

cbrunn
10-27-2013, 10:27 AM
Ifo Ekpre-Olomu ... is all I'm saying ... The kid just plays like a Steeler to me

also pairing Brandin Cooks back with Wheaton ... would be a good look ... I know he's not that big receiver but Cooks is playing out of his mind this year