PDA

View Full Version : PS4 accessories!

Bayz101
11-01-2013, 05:53 AM
For everyone who pre-ordered any PS4 games or accessories, or plan on buying them, everything has been stocked in stores. Sony has sent all PS4 accessories to stores two weeks ahead of PS4's releases to make things easier on launch day. Now that everyone can pick up games ahead of time, waiting lines will be shorter as customers will just be grabbing the console on the 15th!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceWlmArbYqY

IowaSteeler927
11-01-2013, 06:12 AM
Pretty smart. Sony did their homework this time around. Funny thing is Microsoft took a step backwards in the customer service department but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt just because I enjoyed my original Xbox and my 360 so damned much. That's pretty cool that Sony is letting customers get their hands on the games and accessories... the only thing bad about it is that I'd be staring at that stuff just wanting to play around with it. Time already feels like it's dragging on waiting for the launch days.

Bayz101
11-01-2013, 06:23 AM
Pretty smart. Sony did their homework this time around. Funny thing is Microsoft took a step backwards in the customer service department but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt just because I enjoyed my original Xbox and my 360 so damned much. That's pretty cool that Sony is letting customers get their hands on the games and accessories... the only thing bad about it is that I'd be staring at that stuff just wanting to play around with it. Time already feels like it's dragging on waiting for the launch days.

It's brilliant when you think of it. These PS4 games and advertisements will be in stores for two weeks now, and Call of Duty: Ghosts releases soon. Battlefield 4 is in stores now. Assassins Creed soon. People are going to hit the stores and see the PS4 stuff waiting to be bought and I bet it'll be a huge boost for them.

Xbox on the other hand seems to be doing everything wrong. I honestly think they need to fire a great majority of the people they hire to speak on the companies behalf, because honestly, it's not helping them at ALL.

http://gamingbolt.com/xbox-one-dev-a...o-makes-the-os

Top all of that off with the fact that major companies like Infinity Ward and DICE (Activision & EA) revealing that Xbox One isn't even capable of running in true 1080p resolution and PS4 is FULLY capable, and the press isn't exactly positive. An article released published stated that Walmart had re-opened Xbox One preorders after thousands had been canceled following the DICE announcement. :doh:

I miss these days brother:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Tn5PTs6TXs

Bayz101
11-01-2013, 06:39 AM
For some reason, I think if J Allard were involved in the Xbox One it'd be so much better. :sofunny:

Don Mattrick LEFT Microsoft after the Xbox One reveal to work for another gaming company.

IowaSteeler927
11-01-2013, 09:46 AM
Microsoft needs to change their stance. They've got this attitude that they know what's good for gamers. I think they do but they're coming across as rigid and they're forcing things onto their consumers. They really just need to listen to gamers and give gamers what gamers want. Sony definitely made Microsoft look stupid this time around and it's cost Microsoft some sales for sure.

JonM229
11-01-2013, 12:43 PM
Microsoft needs to change their stance. They've got this attitude that they know what's good for gamers. I think they do but they're coming across as rigid and they're forcing things onto their consumers. They really just need to listen to gamers and give gamers what gamers want. Sony definitely made Microsoft look stupid this time around and it's cost Microsoft some sales for sure.

Actually, Microsoft cares more about the casual gamer than anything else. They want the XBOX One to be a media center that also plays games. They'll never be able to compete with Sony going forward with that attitude.

Bayz101
11-01-2013, 04:42 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>EA priced Titanfall Collector’s Edition at $250 because they realised XBOX ONE owners clearly don’t mind spending too much for something</p>&mdash; CEO Kaz Hirai (@KazHiraiCEO) <a href="https://twitter.com/KazHiraiCEO/statuses/392692832823435264">October 22, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Bayz101
11-01-2013, 04:45 PM
And before anyone tries to use that as ammunition, it's a fake twitter account. Sony reps aren't stupid enough to make themselves look like an ass. :sofunny:

I still can't believe Microsoft is allowing the company reps on Reddit. They're doing nothing but sticking it to the consumer, and that's not what they need to be doing right now.

IowaSteeler927
11-01-2013, 05:29 PM
They'll learn when they're getting shellacked in the sales department. Halo and other exclusive titles on the xbone are the major reason I'm buying it. Collector's Editions of games get more and more expensive. I don't generally buy those huge expensive ones though. Most 've spent was $150 on the Halo Reach Special Edition.

Bayz101
11-01-2013, 05:41 PM
They'll learn when they're getting shellacked in the sales department. Halo and other exclusive titles on the xbone are the major reason I'm buying it. Collector's Editions of games get more and more expensive. I don't generally buy those huge expensive ones though. Most 've spent was $150 on the Halo Reach Special Edition.

I absolutely ADORED Halo. After Halo 3 it was clear to me that they weren't being innovative anymore with the direction of the series, and I personally thought ODST and Reach were jokes compared to the predecessors. I think they need to bring in some fresh, new exclusives if they expect success. Bungie is making Destiny for PS4 so i'll be tapping into it for sure. It may just be the game Xbox desperately needed as an exclusive .

IowaSteeler927
11-01-2013, 05:49 PM
I absolutely ADORED Halo. After Halo 3 it was clear to me that they weren't being innovative anymore with the direction of the series, and I personally thought ODST and Reach were jokes compared to the predecessors. I think they need to bring in some fresh, new exclusives if they expect success. Bungie is making Destiny for PS4 so i'll be tapping into it for sure. It may just be the game Xbox desperately needed as an exclusive .

ODST to me was the weakest in the series but I thought Reach was a very nice polished game.

1. Halo 2
2. Halo Combat Evolved/Anniversary
3. Halo 4
4. Halo Reach
5. Halo Wars
6. Halo 3
7. Halo ODST

Halo 4 was a step in the right direction IMO. Halo needed a more focused story with an emphasis on the characters. I like the 343 started to make the Master Chief more than just a faceless protagonist.

Bayz101
11-01-2013, 06:10 PM
ODST to me was the weakest in the series but I thought Reach was a very nice polished game.

1. Halo 2
2. Halo Combat Evolved/Anniversary
3. Halo 4
4. Halo Reach
5. Halo Wars
6. Halo 3
7. Halo ODST

Halo 4 was a step in the right direction IMO. Halo needed a more focused story with an emphasis on the characters. I like the 343 started to make the Master Chief more than just a faceless protagonist.

I loved playing the first three games in the series, but I felt that Halo 3 was basically Halo 2 with newer maps. When ODST & Reach came out I was aggravated that it was turning almost into a Call of Duty franchise with $60 map packs. :laughing:

Haven't had a chance to play Halo 4 yet, but based on what I've read it's the best Halo game since the original three. I'll need to snag an Xbox for a bit and check it out. Plenty of Xbox fans begging me for the PS3 & The Last of Us for a weekend so I may just pull it off. Although i'll be pretty much lost without the PS3 for a weekend. :doh::chuckle:

Bayz101
11-01-2013, 06:17 PM
What Xbox needs to learn is that they can go make a game with the intention of simply telling a story and nothing else, and have that game be a HUGE success. The Last of Us was an amazing exclusive, and Playstation has put out several great "one and done" exclusives like it with great success. I would buy a Playstation system for a Naughty Dog game after playing Uncharted and The Last of Us. Not everything needs to be turned into a franchise, and not every game needs to spawn 13 parts. I feel that you need to quit while you're ahead and branch out into new ideas and tell new stories.

Even if Halo 4 turned out to be an excellent game (to me), I don't think i'd buy an Xbox One on Halo 5 alone, and I certainly wouldn't buy it based on Forza with Gran Turismo on Playstation. Gears of War? Meh. Titanfall? Now THAT looks like some fun, but I don't like Microsofts attitude towards customers with that game and i'm not sure i'd want to fill their pockets in any way after some of the immature shit they said about it. Trying to stick it to the customers is the last thing they need to be doing right now.

I'll buy a PS4 and Xbox One will be a future consideration.

IowaSteeler927
11-02-2013, 02:52 AM
What Xbox needs to learn is that they can go make a game with the intention of simply telling a story and nothing else, and have that game be a HUGE success. The Last of Us was an amazing exclusive, and Playstation has put out several great "one and done" exclusives like it with great success. I would buy a Playstation system for a Naughty Dog game after playing Uncharted and The Last of Us. Not everything needs to be turned into a franchise, and not every game needs to spawn 13 parts. I feel that you need to quit while you're ahead and branch out into new ideas and tell new stories.

Even if Halo 4 turned out to be an excellent game (to me), I don't think i'd buy an Xbox One on Halo 5 alone, and I certainly wouldn't buy it based on Forza with Gran Turismo on Playstation. Gears of War? Meh. Titanfall? Now THAT looks like some fun, but I don't like Microsofts attitude towards customers with that game and i'm not sure i'd want to fill their pockets in any way after some of the immature shit they said about it. Trying to stick it to the customers is the last thing they need to be doing right now.

I'll buy a PS4 and Xbox One will be a future consideration.

I love Halo, I've always enjoyed Forza more than Gran Turismo, I'd be interested to see where the Gears of War franchise goes from here on out, and Titanfall looks pretty bad ass IMO. If you lived closer I'd let you borrow my 360 for a weekend to clear Halo 4. I could live without it for a weekend. LoL

Bayz101
11-02-2013, 06:30 AM
I love Halo, I've always enjoyed Forza more than Gran Turismo, I'd be interested to see where the Gears of War franchise goes from here on out, and Titanfall looks pretty bad ass IMO. If you lived closer I'd let you borrow my 360 for a weekend to clear Halo 4. I could live without it for a weekend. LoL

Hell yeah. I'd give you my PS3 and Heavy Rain for the weekend and you'd drop a load in your pants. :sofunny:

PS3 had so legendary exclusives, and most of them were the only games of their kind. Quantic Dream has made two amazing exclusives (Heavy Rain, Beyond: Two Souls) and Naughty Dog is always raising the bar. A magazine actually rated Naughty Dog the #1 game exclusive developer of the generation, a very well-deserved title for an amazing dev-team.

Even after playing the masterpiece that is The Last of Us, Heavy Rain from Quantic Dream holds a special place. It's a truly amazing game with some of the most intense action sequences ever.

Bayz101
11-02-2013, 06:36 AM

I didn't address the Forza/GT thing:

Gran Turismo is much, much more of a racing simulator than Forza, and always has been. Probably always will be. Forza is like a more prestigious "Call of Duty" and Gran Turismo is like "Battlefield", if that makes any sense at all. Ones more of a arcade game, and the other is a simulator. I owned the original Forza Motorsport game and absolutely loved the hell out of it. In fact, I think the original XBOX was one of the greatest consoles ever. :chuckle:

I come off as a Fan Boy because I LOVE what Sony's doing, and have loved it for a while now, but those days playing the original Xbox will always be special to me. Some of the games for that console were special, and, in my opinion, more special than a lot of PS2's installments. Anyway, back on topic.

Drive Club will be coming out for PS4, and it's much more similar to Forza than Gran Turismo. It's more a arcade racer with some very realistic qualities. Gran Turismo is the most realistic racing simulator ever made, and it's probably the best exclusive game ever made as far as sales (usually 10+ million). I believe Playstations top exclusives are all GT. :laughing:

IowaSteeler927
11-02-2013, 07:17 AM
Hell yeah. I'd give you my PS3 and Heavy Rain for the weekend and you'd drop a load in your pants. :sofunny:

PS3 had so legendary exclusives, and most of them were the only games of their kind. Quantic Dream has made two amazing exclusives (Heavy Rain, Beyond: Two Souls) and Naughty Dog is always raising the bar. A magazine actually rated Naughty Dog the #1 game exclusive developer of the generation, a very well-deserved title for an amazing dev-team.

Even after playing the masterpiece that is The Last of Us, Heavy Rain from Quantic Dream holds a special place. It's a truly amazing game with some of the most intense action sequences ever.

Yeah I'm a bit sad I sold off my PS3 without getting to play Heavy Rain. At that time though it made sense and now I'm caught up on all the $$$ stuff because of it. I'll buy another PS3 here sometime down the road. I want to have a full on gaming collection so I'll get my chance to play it soon enough.

Bayz101
11-02-2013, 07:24 AM
Yeah I'm a bit sad I sold off my PS3 without getting to play Heavy Rain. At that time though it made sense and now I'm caught up on all the $$$ stuff because of it. I'll buy another PS3 here sometime down the road. I want to have a full on gaming collection so I'll get my chance to play it soon enough.

You're going to really pissed when I tell you Resident Evil 4 is on one of the upcoming "Instant Game Collection" free game list & all CapCom games are 40% off next week. :sofunny:

We also got Ibb & Obb, Soul Sacrifice & and two PS4 games for free this month.

IowaSteeler927
11-02-2013, 07:26 AM
You're going to really pissed when I tell you Resident Evil 4 is on one of the upcoming "Instant Game Collection" free game list & all CapCom games are 40% off next week. :sofunny:

We also got Ibb & Obb, Soul Sacrifice & and two PS4 games for free this month.

:sadpace:

Bayz101
11-02-2013, 07:38 AM
:sadpace:

It's okay. Resident Evil 4 wasn't as good as the early games, and I already own the first three both on disc and as Playstation Classics, so this isn't the biggest deal in the world. Sony's Plus program is pretty epic, though. They gave up two Resident Evil games a couple months ago, as well.

IowaSteeler927
11-03-2013, 10:57 PM
I had bought the Umbrella and Darkside Chronicles too...