PDA

View Full Version : STEELERS FUTURE IN JEOPARDY?

jaysta
09-02-2006, 11:08 PM
Let me see if I understand. I woke up this morning still thinking that the Steelers could repeat and continue to build for the future. Only to see that a major part of that future, Kuhn and Jacobs, were packing their bags as we were still sound a sleep dreaming of another handful of Super Bowl rings. Forget the fact that Jacobs threw the ball 462 times for 4,002 yards with only 4 interceptions and a passer rating that would blow your mind in only his sophomore year of college, this guy is big, strong, quick, and smart...and now he may be headed to someone else's team. In my opinion he could have easily been drafted around the same time as the top QB's this year.

As for Kuhn, what are the Steelers thinking? Help me to understand....we have an aging RB with bad knees (who I think was worth keeping only as a coach and mentor for the young guys) in the #3 spot, an unproven rookie from New England in the #4 spot, and Kuhn getting waived. Unless you slept through the pre-season games, this guy had great upside. Forget the fumble. Slap a little more pine tar on his forearms and make him carry a Crisco ball. That stuff can be fixed. He has young knees, incredible power, and speed pretty unmatched for his size. You say have faith in our Front Office for the Steelers future...with two of our best draft pickups gone, it's hard to have faith looking down the road. Someone please pinch me and wake me up now...for I hope this was just a bad dream.

Peace! :peace:

OneForTheToe
09-02-2006, 11:26 PM
Don't you think you are overreacting a bit, jaysta? Both the players you listed might or might not still have futures with the Steelers or other NFL teams. Still, even if the Steelers had kept both players, I don't see either of them being stars for the team. The Steelers are pretty set at first team RB and QB for the near future.

dhosmer
09-03-2006, 12:04 AM
i'd have to say that the steelers are hoping that both clear waivers and can play on the practice squad for a year. they both may be part of our future, but i didn't see either as a major contributor this year anyway so why use the roster spots? hopefully they clear waivers.

Steelknife
09-03-2006, 12:34 AM
I love it. Take a valid point - 2 QBs is risky and Duce sucks - and belittle it by exaggeration.

Good idea!

Can you imagine if we cut Willie Parker when he was just a bench warming UDRFA tearing up the scrubs in order to give a guy a spot on the roster simply because he has a big name?

tony hipchest
09-03-2006, 03:57 AM
theres a reason we didnt cut willie parker. maybe its just that o. jacobs and j. kuhn = tee martin and noah herron. does anyone miss those guys and think keeping them off the 53 man squad has hampered the steelers future?

the steelers draft and bring in players to help contribute to the team. not to groom them for other teams and hope for trade value. should we have just released c. batch cause of what a great prospect o. jacobs was? wasnt ryan leaf a great prospect?

ben is the qb and batch is the back-up. no 5th round draft pick is gonna change that. the team can either win championships or groom billy voleks and matt schaubs.

Elvis
09-03-2006, 05:39 AM
So Tony... what your saying is.. is dont keep young players around and let them hone their skills? I guess the Titans should have never given McNair his time like they did or the Bungals shouldnt have given Palmer that one year to learn and hold the clip board right?
Kuhn or Jacobs should be picked up by someone because they are both worth the gamble in my opinion... and the way that Staley looked all preseason that Kuhn would have been a better fit right now.. and I'm afraid they will be sorry for not keeping a 3rd QB on the roster also that has experience in our offense.
God Bless Ya'll
Elvis

BlackNGold203
09-03-2006, 08:24 AM
As badly as i wanted to delete this entire thread...I didnt....:cool: :cool:

83-Steelers-43
09-03-2006, 08:32 AM
Please tell me this thread is complete sarcasm. Please? I'm not even going to bother getting into detail on why this thread is completely ludacris. It's just not worth it.

So the release of Jacobs and Kuhn is the end of our future?

If that's the case.......

http://www.rjgeib.com/thoughts/shiva/deton1.jpg

Mosca
09-03-2006, 08:35 AM
Hey man; I was GREAT in high school! Man, I really knocked those nose tackles on their butts! We went to the WPIAL title game! We scored at will, we shut out half our opponents!

It was a real loss for Pitt that they didn't offer me a scholarship, and that I only lasted half a day at walkons! Man, I was GREAT in high school!

Tom

HometownGal
09-03-2006, 08:38 AM
So Tony... what your saying is.. is dont keep young players around and let them hone their skills? I guess the Titans should have never given McNair his time like they did or the Bungals shouldnt have given Palmer that one year to learn and hold the clip board right?
Kuhn or Jacobs should be picked up by someone because they are both worth the gamble in my opinion... and the way that Staley looked all preseason that Kuhn would have been a better fit right now.. and I'm afraid they will be sorry for not keeping a 3rd QB on the roster also that has experience in our offense.
God Bless Ya'll
Elvis

Wedo - I don't think that is what Tony is saying at all. I think history shows that your statement is not accurate. The Steelers can't base their judgments on "what ifs". They obviously had good reasons for not wanting to keep both Kuhn and Jacobs on the 53 man roster, reasons we aren't privy to. They watched these guys in camp and in the preseason contests and there are criteria they develop and look for in every player. Considering the great job they've done in keeping players they feel will give them the best shot at winning games (and championships) in the past, I'm going to sit down, shut up and have confidence in their decisions. They haven't let us down in the past too often.:cool:

I don't agree with keeping only 2 QBs (both of whom are also prone to injury) on the roster, but again, I am confident in Cowher and his coaches' decisions because I have faith in them knowing what is best for the team. Omar really doesn't have "experience" running our offense - he played in the preseason games using a generic offensive game plan. I believe one of the QBs cut will end up on the PS and will be available to step up behind Ben or Batch should one of them face injury this season.

Relax hon! :smile: We're in good hands with Cowher!

BlackNGold203
09-03-2006, 08:44 AM
Hey man; I was GREAT in high school! Man, I really knocked those nose tackles on their butts! We went to the WPIAL title game! We scored at will, we shut out half our opponents!

It was a real loss for Pitt that they didn't offer me a scholarship, and that I only lasted half a day at walkons! Man, I was GREAT in high school!

Tom

no way Mosca!!!

Kuhn was wayyy better than you!!!

(LOL)

:cool: :cool:

83-Steelers-43
09-03-2006, 08:48 AM
Kuhn = Next Sayers.........enough said.

Afterall, we won't be able to draft another back next season because.....because.....help me out here.

BlackNGold203
09-03-2006, 08:51 AM
Kuhn = Next Sayers.........enough said.

Afterall, we won't be able to draft another back next season because.....because.....help me out here.

Because....we will have to trade ALL our picks to get kuhn back....:dang: :dang:

Cmon 83...get with it bro!!!

SteelShooter
09-03-2006, 10:06 AM
YAWNNNNN.......................

Blind Faith Brothers and Sisters. Just have Blind Faith in the Chin......

SteelShooter
09-03-2006, 10:07 AM
Did ANYONE even buy that last post I made??????????
.................................................. .....nah, didn't think so. :rolleyes:

83-Steelers-43
09-03-2006, 10:35 AM
My favorite part is that people who spend maybe 3-4 hours a week watching guys play in games think they know better than they guys who watch the players in mini-camp, training camp, and pre-season games and who get paid for their opinions about those players.

Jacobs and Kuhn got cut because they weren't good enough to play for the Pittsburgh Steelers. Please stop with the 2 quaterbacks is risky song and dance because we'll have a third quaterback on the practice squad. How dumb do you really think the FO is?

:cheers:

Excellent and very refreshing post.

Mosca
09-03-2006, 10:37 AM
I think we'd have kept a couple of those guys on potential if we didn't need some other experienced guys who could help us this year.

But there's nothing that says that potential will ever be realized, wither. We're lucky that we don't NEED to have those guys, THEN we'd be in big trouble.

Tom

LambertLunatic
09-03-2006, 10:43 AM
As for Kuhn, what are the Steelers thinking? Help me to understand....we have an aging RB with bad knees (who I think was worth keeping only as a coach and mentor for the young guys) in the #3 spot, an unproven rookie from New England in the #4 spot, and Kuhn getting waived.

If we hadn't traded for Cobbs, and kept Kuhn, wouldn't we STILL have an unproven rookie in the #4 spot?

BlackNGold203
09-03-2006, 10:47 AM
If we hadn't traded for Cobbs, and kept Kuhn, wouldn't we STILL have an unproven rookie in the #4 spot?

Wow...MORE common sense....

I think its contagious.....:cool: :cool:

clevestinks
09-03-2006, 11:03 AM
I sometimes have to step back and wonder if some fans are for real??????????????????

We are the Super Bowl Champs, wouldn`t you think that our front office and coaching staff knows how to judge talent? People please! Cowher awesome job! Jacobs Kuhns and co. I`m sure were playing against lesser talent. I trust our judgement Go Steelers

Steelknife
09-03-2006, 11:07 AM
Yes, Bill Cowher definitely knows talent. Exactly why Morey is still on the roster.

Oh, and Duce Staley couldn't do anything against the same lesser talent that Kuhn tore up.

BlackNGold203
09-03-2006, 11:09 AM
Yes, Bill Cowher definitely knows talent. Exactly why Morey is still on the roster.

Oh, and Duce Staley couldn't do anything against the same lesser talent that Kuhn tore up.

please...someone..ANYONE...define "tore up"....

X-Terminator
09-03-2006, 11:12 AM
Wedo - I don't think that is what Tony is saying at all. I think history shows that your statement is not accurate. The Steelers can't base their judgments on "what ifs". They obviously had good reasons for not wanting to keep both Kuhn and Jacobs on the 53 man roster, reasons we aren't privy to. They watched these guys in camp and in the preseason contests and there are criteria they develop and look for in every player. Considering the great job they've done in keeping players they feel will give them the best shot at winning games (and championships) in the past, I'm going to sit down, shut up and have confidence in their decisions. They haven't let us down in the past too often.:cool:

I don't agree with keeping only 2 QBs (both of whom are also prone to injury) on the roster, but again, I am confident in Cowher and his coaches' decisions because I have faith in them knowing what is best for the team. Omar really doesn't have "experience" running our offense - he played in the preseason games using a generic offensive game plan. I believe one of the QBs cut will end up on the PS and will be available to step up behind Ben or Batch should one of them face injury this season.

Relax hon! :smile: We're in good hands with Cowher!

Exactly. Cowher and Co. kept who they feel are the best 53 players on the roster, and their opinions are the only ones that count. But you have fans who look for that panic button at what they think is the first sign of trouble, when the only thing that should matter during training camp and preseason other than talent evaluation is to get through it with no major injuries to your starters/stars. I have no problem with their decisions, especially the movement toward youth and speed at the WR position. Some fans are just going to have to accept that no matter how good certain guys looked in camp and preseason games, they simply aren't good enough to make the roster in the eyes of the people who matter - Cowher and his coaches.

Steelknife
09-03-2006, 11:22 AM
please...someone..ANYONE...define "tore up"....

Did you watch any of the preseason games? Kuhn ran hard. He RARELY got stopped for no gain. He bowled people over. Pads were popping. He ran over people, out ran people, leaped over people. Kuhn was by far better than Duce.

Staley found a fat o-lineman to hide behind and jogged behind him until he got tackled by his shoe string.

Kuhn looked stronger, Kuhn looked faster, and Kuhn had more drive.

Whether that would translate to the regular season? Who knows. But Kuhn was the better RB this preseason - there is no arguing that. If both Duce and Kuhn were rookies coming in competing for a spot, Duce would not be here. He's here because of his name only.

X-Terminator
09-03-2006, 11:27 AM

OK, if they would have cut Morey and kept Morgan...how exactly does that help the Steelers? Morgan would have been a 5th or 6th WR making a 3rd or 4th WR's salary, and would have primarily played on ST - pretty much what Morey is, except he's making less money. Do you think Morgan should have played ahead of Holmes or Washington...or Reid for that matter? It makes no sense for the Steelers to keep a guy like that around at the expense of a younger guy with an upside. Besides, Morey would only see game action on offense if at least 2 of the other WRs get hurt, so I don't see why it would be such a problem.

BlackNGold203
09-03-2006, 11:27 AM
Did you watch any of the preseason games? Kuhn ran hard. He RARELY got stopped for no gain. He bowled people over. Pads were popping. He ran over people, out ran people, leaped over people. Kuhn was by far better than Duce.

Staley found a fat o-lineman to hide behind and jogged behind him until he got tackled by his shoe string.

Kuhn looked stronger, Kuhn looked faster, and Kuhn had more drive.

Whether that would translate to the regular season? Who knows. But Kuhn was the better RB this preseason - there is no arguing that. If both Duce and Kuhn were rookies coming in competing for a spot, Duce would not be here. He's here because of his name only.

i believe the coaching staff saw it differently...based on seeing these guys every day..as compared to a handful of carries in pre season games....

I'll defer to cowher and his staff in that arguement...

X-Terminator
09-03-2006, 11:35 AM
Plus, didn't Kuhn lose a couple of fumbles during the preseason, including Thursday night? I'm sure that factored into their decision as well. When you are competing for a job, you absolutely cannot put the ball on the ground, especially in a situation like Thursday when they were driving for a score.

BlackNGold203
09-03-2006, 12:30 PM
I'll say it again, the coaching staff saw these guys a hell of a lot more than you did. If you think you could do a better job than them, why don't you quit your job and go to work for an NFL team.

We just won a Super Bowl for crying out loud! We won that Super Bowl with a bunch of guys who the FO found late in the draft. They know what they're talking about. Some people on this board are just armchair idiots who want something to bitch about.

*applause*

THANK YOU

Steelknife
09-03-2006, 01:04 PM
Plus, didn't Kuhn lose a couple of fumbles during the preseason, including Thursday night?

He lost one on a perfect hit which may have been overturned if it was challenged. He was also injured on that play as well.

Like I said, Duce was outperformed by Kuhn in every facet of the game. The only reason Duce is here instead of Kuhn? Duce is a veteran. If they were both rooks, Duce is gone, Kuhn stays.

It had nothing to do with performance. Its the same reason we cut Morgan instead of Morey. Morey is one of Cowher's lovers, just as Kordell was for awhile. He finally got over his Lee Mays crush, as well.

I'll say it again, the coaching staff saw these guys a hell of a lot more than you did. If you think you could do a better job than them, why don't you quit your job and go to work for an NFL team.

We just won a Super Bowl for crying out loud! We won that Super Bowl with a bunch of guys who the FO found late in the draft. They know what they're talking about. Some people on this board are just armchair idiots who want something to bitch about.

Did I ever say I knew more than them? Did I say I could do a better job?

How about this: If you can find me somewhere where I said I know more than the FO, I will leave these boards forever. If you can't, you leave. No go?

Don't put words in my mouth.

It is a FACT that in the preseason games, Kuhn outperformed Staley vs the same level of competition. That is a FACT. As for training camp and whatnot? Who knows. But I also believe Kuhn was injured on that hit Thursday night (he didn't play anymore snaps and he was slow getting up) and he got cut before any injury was revealed.

83-Steelers-43
09-03-2006, 01:08 PM
And that is why nobody picked him up on waivers and he is now resting comfortably on our practice squad. End of story.

Steelknife
09-03-2006, 01:12 PM
Are you a Clowns fan in disguise or something? It seems like you think you could be better than both our coach and GM. Like I said before, if you really think that put down the XBox controller and go out and prove it. Until then, all you're doing is slandering a franchise that just won a Super Bowl. Get over yourself you jackass.

Like I said, take my bet.

If you can find one post where I said I know more/could do better than the FO, I'll leave these boards forever.

If you can't, you leave.

Anyway, even the most casual Steelers fans knows Cowher gets attached to some of his players. Its one of his faults. Hes a great coach, but hes not perfect. Morey was extremely replaceable on special teams. I bet you could count on one hand the number of good special teams plays Morey has made in his career here.

Whens the last time Morey put an Anthony Smith hit on someone, or was even in a position to?

You're pretty damn dense. You don't know anything, but you still run your mouth like you think you do.

Kuhn - 18 carries 80 yards
Staley - 42 carries 92 yards

Against the same level of competition.

Behind the same O-line.

Whats your argument for Staley outperforming Kuhn in preseason? You can't just call people stupid for saying something and not refute it. So go ahead.

Steelknife
09-03-2006, 01:16 PM
Dude made one good stick and now he's some sort of hitting machine?

Thank you for proving that you didn't watch a single preseason game, or if you did you watched it so casually that you didn't notice the other 4 or 5 "good sticks" Smith had during the games.

He was the hardest hitter on the field during the preseason.

MasterOfPuppets
09-03-2006, 01:17 PM
My favorite part is that people who spend maybe 3-4 hours a week watching guys play in games think they know better than they guys who watch the players in mini-camp, training camp, and pre-season games and who get paid for their opinions about those players.

Jacobs and Kuhn got cut because they weren't good enough to play for the Pittsburgh Steelers. Please stop with the 2 quaterbacks is risky song and dance because we'll have a third quaterback on the practice squad. How dumb do you really think the FO is?

neither was johnny unitas......:rolleyes:

Steelknife
09-03-2006, 01:21 PM
Duce isn't even going to be suiting up. Yet he's good enough to play for the Pittsburgh Steelers?

Don't get me wrong, people, I'll root for Duce as long as hes wearing black and gold (well, and grey, since thats the color of his sweat suit), but I'm kind of sick of seeing him sit and do nothing, and when the time comes to prove himself, he can't.

We're the Steelers. We don't need cheerleaders.

Koopa
09-03-2006, 01:57 PM
Let me see if I understand. I woke up this morning still thinking that the Steelers could repeat and continue to build for the future. Only to see that a major part of that future, Kuhn and Jacobs, were packing their bags as we were still sound a sleep dreaming of another handful of Super Bowl rings. Forget the fact that Jacobs threw the ball 462 times for 4,002 yards with only 4 interceptions and a passer rating that would blow your mind in only his sophomore year of college, this guy is big, strong, quick, and smart...and now he may be headed to someone else's team. In my opinion he could have easily been drafted around the same time as the top QB's this year.

As for Kuhn, what are the Steelers thinking? Help me to understand....we have an aging RB with bad knees (who I think was worth keeping only as a coach and mentor for the young guys) in the #3 spot, an unproven rookie from New England in the #4 spot, and Kuhn getting waived. Unless you slept through the pre-season games, this guy had great upside. Forget the fumble. Slap a little more pine tar on his forearms and make him carry a Crisco ball. That stuff can be fixed. He has young knees, incredible power, and speed pretty unmatched for his size. You say have faith in our Front Office for the Steelers future...with two of our best draft pickups gone, it's hard to have faith looking down the road. Someone please pinch me and wake me up now...for I hope this was just a bad dream.

this is quit possibly the longest stupidest post i have ever read in my life. so you are basing our franchise off scrubs.....i guess every message board needs a weirdo that panics everytime garbage gets cut

i'm just glad you don't run an nfl team they'd go straight to shit, whatever jacobs accomplished in college doesn't mean jack shit when it comes to the nfl. he just doesn't have it. and he would never play cause or future is in big ben

kuhn is the most overrated scrub i have ever seen on this forum. get a clue mayne. you dumbing down the board with garbage like that.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
09-03-2006, 01:57 PM
Kuhn will make the practice squad and be a 2nd or 3rd back next year.... :)

Koopa
09-03-2006, 02:02 PM
God Bless Ya'll
Elvis

wtf are you talkin about????? you do know ben last year was the youngest to win the superbowl right??? that means he still has many many many many years left in him. we don't need jacobs, he's hot garbage. we can sign him to the pratice squad and bring him up when needed, why does everyone panic, be positive and stop execting the the worse out of everything

*this part is referring to another post*

i can't believe how ppl are comparing kuhn and parker, parker showed talent, kuhn showed jack shit.

Koopa
09-03-2006, 02:05 PM

wtf?? were you playing madden 07 with kuhn and think it was an actual game??? kuhn didn't do shit when it came to running the ball

lamberts-lost-tooth
09-03-2006, 02:34 PM
It is a FACT that in the preseason games, Kuhn outperformed Staley vs the same level of competition. That is a FACT. As for training camp and whatnot? Who knows. But I also believe Kuhn was injured on that hit Thursday night (he didn't play anymore snaps and he was slow getting up) and he got cut before any injury was revealed.

By that same logic Walter Young should have made the team before Holmes since he had 5 catches for 94 yds and an 18.8 yard average and Holmes had 7 catches for 54 yds and a 7.7 average....obviously the numbers are not the only determining factor...what they see in training camp...how does the player jell with other players...what is the future talent and "drive" expectation...lots of things that we never add into the eqaution

jaysta
09-03-2006, 02:46 PM
Hey Koopa. Be glad you live in Texas far away from us real Steelers fans. Otherwise maybe you would have paid attention a little bit during the pre-season and to what these guys did in college. Without searching the internet you probably couldn't even name the school that Jacobs attended. Learn the game before you run your mouth at other people's threads.

jaysta
09-03-2006, 02:52 PM
this is quit possibly the longest stupidest post i have ever read in my life. so you are basing our franchise off scrubs.....i guess every message board needs a weirdo that panics everytime garbage gets cut

i'm just glad you don't run an nfl team they'd go straight to shit, whatever jacobs accomplished in college doesn't mean jack shit when it comes to the nfl. he just doesn't have it. and he would never play cause or future is in big ben

kuhn is the most overrated scrub i have ever seen on this forum. get a clue mayne. you dumbing down the board with garbage like that.

One question for you...how many NFL teams have you run? Better yet, how many have you worked for? I don't think you know a thing about football or the NFL or else you wouldn't make stupid responses like you are constantly doing. Pay attention next time before you post.

Koopa
09-03-2006, 03:02 PM
Hey Koopa. Be glad you live in Texas far away from us real Steelers fans. Otherwise maybe you would have paid attention a little bit during the pre-season and to what these guys did in college. Without searching the internet you probably couldn't even name the school that Jacobs attended. Learn the game before you run your mouth at other people's threads.

bitch f'k you, you damn d rider..oh look the steelers are winning let me go look for a message board so i can act like i loved them forever and ever. f'k college football..except for ut. omar jacob is hot gabage just like your posting ability. thanks for dumbing down the forum

Koopa
09-03-2006, 03:03 PM
One question for you...how many NFL teams have you run? Better yet, how many have you worked for? I don't think you know a thing about football or the NFL or else you wouldn't make stupid responses like you are constantly doing. Pay attention next time before you post.

i've worked for the same amount as you have, absoultly zero. so shut your damn mouth. kuhn is hot garbage get over it. but i'm sure as soon as we don't win the superbowl you'll be on another message board pretending to be a fan of that team so peace bitch

jaysta
09-03-2006, 03:05 PM
bitch f'k you, you damn d rider..oh look the steelers are winning let me go look for a message board so i can act like i loved them forever and ever. f'k college football..except for ut. omar jacob is hot gabage just like your posting ability. thanks for helping dumb down the forum

If a moderator doesn't throw this guy out of here something is seriously wrong. Commenting on someone's post is one thing. Attacking posts over and over is another. I thought this forum was to give your opinion on the players and Steelers in general. So I guess if you don't agree with the thread than you attack the other fans that are posting?!? Any mods out there paying attention?

Elvis
09-03-2006, 03:09 PM
Hey Texaskoopa... you dont know me to be able to talk to me that way boy!! I have probably been a Steelers fan longer than you have been alive..... matter a fact I have.. your 21 years old and sounding like the punk kid you are... I have forgotten more about the Steelers than you Will Ever Know. The Only reason the Steelers even know how good that Big Ben really is right now is because of injuries.. does anyone agree with me? If it werent for Tommy Maddux gettin hurt, then Ben wouldnt even have been on the field that rookie year.... do you guys believe that? He would not have started as a rookie if not for injuries, I guarentee you that...
God Bless
Elvis

Koopa
09-03-2006, 03:23 PM
Hey Texaskoopa... you dont know me to be able to talk to me that way boy!! I have probably been a Steelers fan longer than you have been alive..... matter a fact I have.. your 21 years old and sounding like the punk kid you are... I have forgotten more about the Steelers than you Will Ever Know. The Only reason the Steelers even know how good that Big Ben really is right now is because of injuries.. does anyone agree with me? If it werent for Tommy Maddux gettin hurt, then Ben wouldnt even have been on the field that rookie year.... do you guys believe that? He would not have started as a rookie if not for injuries, I guarentee you that...
God Bless
Elvis

i don't ever remember talking to you.........oh wait i did repsond to one of your post. sorry for questioning your opinion :rolleyes: the rest of your post is just :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: to me boy

Koopa
09-03-2006, 03:24 PM
If a moderator doesn't throw this guy out of here something is seriously wrong. Commenting on someone's post is one thing. Attacking posts over and over is another. I thought this forum was to give your opinion on the players and Steelers in general. So I guess if you don't agree with the thread than you attack the other fans that are posting?!? Any mods out there paying attention?

*singing* cry me a river

83-Steelers-43
09-03-2006, 03:30 PM
Maybe you guys should take a little break, have a smoke, shot of whiskey. Just a suggestion..lol.

jaysta
09-03-2006, 04:37 PM
All is cool here man, in fact I never even responded to the other posts that didn't agree with my opinion. There were just too many people being attacked in this thread by the same person to let it go by without a response. The original post was written in a way to get people's attention so that we could have a good discussion about our waivers. Agree with it or not, that's fine with me, but don't attack people's opinions just because they aren't the same as yours. So if you want to discuss Jacobs and Kuhn (who are now on the practice squad), great. If not, than please don't attack those of us that do enjoy a good discussion.

SteelersFire
09-03-2006, 07:12 PM
Ok just my two cents where nobody'll listen but I get to say it anyways: there's a couple of people contributing to this post that are getting all fired up and going personal. Everyone has the right to an opinion but nobody's opinion really counts except dem dat do the hiring and firing. All of us have faith in our boys no matter who's on the roster and we do because no matter who's on the team and what kind of season, pre or post or regular they have, they do a damn good job under a hell of a coach.

It's about faith people, not about who starts. SF is what it's all about.

Koopa
09-03-2006, 07:34 PM
All is cool here man, in fact I never even responded to the other posts that didn't agree with my opinion. There were just too many people being attacked in this thread by the same person to let it go by without a response. The original post was written in a way to get people's attention so that we could have a good discussion about our waivers. Agree with it or not, that's fine with me, but don't attack people's opinions just because they aren't the same as yours. So if you want to discuss Jacobs and Kuhn (who are now on the practice squad), great. If not, than please don't attack those of us that do enjoy a good discussion.

uh huh.....i talked shit to you and only you. i said wtf are you talkin about to that elvis character, and i was messing around with the knife dude saying was he playing madden. i only singled you out, for starting such a stupid thread

Mosca
09-03-2006, 07:56 PM
The guy should be able to start any stupid thread that he wants without fear of personal attack, I would think.

Tom

Koopa
09-03-2006, 08:03 PM
The guy should be able to start any stupid thread that he wants without fear of personal attack, I would think.

Tom

nope, you thought wrong lol.........smh @ this board becoming so homotional.....what happened to the good old days???

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
09-03-2006, 08:05 PM

This post is still going?

BlackNGold203
09-03-2006, 08:09 PM
Nope..not going anymore...thread closed...PM warnings sent....