PDA

View Full Version : Battlefield 4 is out

GodfatherofSoul
11-10-2013, 02:36 PM
I tried it out and I'm not impressed. New maps are great and they've tried to bring back commander-mode, but it's very buggy and the game mechanics aren't well balanced. Add to that there appears to be a lot of hacks already released for the game.

I'd hold off if you're a fan of the series. I actually tried getting a refund, but there's only a 24 hour window.

Bayz101
11-10-2013, 03:08 PM
I tried it out and I'm not impressed. New maps are great and they've tried to bring back commander-mode, but it's very buggy and the game mechanics aren't well balanced. Add to that there appears to be a lot of hacks already released for the game.

I'd hold off if you're a fan of the series. I actually tried getting a refund, but there's only a 24 hour window.

I absolutely love it. Lots of great weapons and I love the maps. The only bugs I've found are in the menu, and that'll be patched in time. I'm on Playstation 3, if it helps.

IowaSteeler927
11-11-2013, 06:08 PM
Can't wait to play it on my Xbox One. Apparently I should've preordered from Target, then I might have gotten my system early... lol.

IowaSteeler927
12-04-2013, 10:39 AM
It definitely has it's bugs. Mainly the one shot kill bug which is rather rare from my experience, and the crashing that occurs on the Conquest game mode. I've been able to play all other game modes on my Xbox ONE though without any kind of issues. I've found that Obliteration is actually really fun!

IowaSteeler927
12-13-2013, 08:28 AM
Really wish they'd get the patch out for the Xbox One version but I'm willing to wait because I want them to get the game right. DICE really messed this Battlefield up out of the gates. Much worse than with Battlefield 3.

Bayz101
12-13-2013, 08:51 AM
Really wish they'd get the patch out for the Xbox One version but I'm willing to wait because I want them to get the game right. DICE really messed this Battlefield up out of the gates. Much worse than with Battlefield 3.

You haven't got it yet!? We've had like three patches and the game runs BEAUTIFULLY for me on PS4 and PS3 compared to what it did at launch.

JonM229
12-13-2013, 09:42 AM
You haven't got it yet!? We've had like three patches and the game runs BEAUTIFULLY for me on PS4 and PS3 compared to what it did at launch.

How much has Sony paid you for this comment?

IowaSteeler927
12-14-2013, 09:40 AM
Bayz is like a Sony spokesperson LOLz. The patch actually came out yesterday thankfully.

Bayz101
12-16-2013, 02:07 AM
How much has Sony paid you for this comment?

THOUSANDS MAN. THOUSANDS.

IowaSteeler927
12-16-2013, 07:27 AM
I will say that this patch hasn't done anything that I've noticed that has fixed the game. Conquest still crashes to the home screen, and I feel like there's more lag going on since the update.

Bayz101
12-16-2013, 07:44 AM
I will say that this patch hasn't done anything that I've noticed that has fixed the game. Conquest still crashes to the home screen, and I feel like there's more lag going on since the update.

I played a 64-man match of conquest last night without any issues. Only time I lag is when i'm uploading game footage in the background, and that's obviously because my upload speed is being used. I have heard that the PS4 version has been overall stable whereas the Xbox One version has had some serious issues. Not sure why, really. Both consoles use the same AMD technology.

Have you had success with other game modes? I played a few games of TDM, a game of 64 player Conquest and a match of Defuse before getting of yesterday. I had a squad of about 3 with me throughout the time, as well, and I was uploading footage at one point without much trouble. I'm assuming DICE is having problems with the Xbox One platform that they haven't spoke about because it shouldn't have taken them as long as it did to release the patch.

Bayz101
12-16-2013, 07:48 AM
Looks like Xbox One got the update PS4 got on December 5th. We recently got another updated that increased stability even further on December 11th. You should be getting that one next. Maybe it'll improve things. I never experienced any noticeable issues at all with the game, but I did notice the updates made things load faster and improved the server browser.

IowaSteeler927
12-20-2013, 08:13 AM
This game is still broken. DICE really shit the bed with this launch. They have a history of releasing games with tons of bugs and issues. Normally I defend them and give them a little bit of time but I think there's been something like 2-3 patches for the 360/PS3/PS4/PC and only one for the Xbox ONE. Their remedy for all of these headaches was a free crappy sight for the 1911 pistol, and a week of double XP which was so epically pointless considering the issues with people losing stats, and the bugs causing the game to crash to the home screen.

Really frustrating. Somewhere underneath this veil of game-breaking bugs is a fantastic game. I know it because I experience it up and until those game breaking glitches occur.

GodfatherofSoul
12-20-2013, 03:46 PM
This game is still broken. DICE really shit the bed with this launch. They have a history of releasing games with tons of bugs and issues. Normally I defend them and give them a little bit of time but I think there's been something like 2-3 patches for the 360/PS3/PS4/PC and only one for the Xbox ONE. Their remedy for all of these headaches was a free crappy sight for the 1911 pistol, and a week of double XP which was so epically pointless considering the issues with people losing stats, and the bugs causing the game to crash to the home screen.

Really frustrating. Somewhere underneath this veil of game-breaking bugs is a fantastic game. I know it because I experience it up and until those game breaking glitches occur.

As buggy as it is, it doesn't hold a candle to how buggy BF2142 was. You couldn't play more than one round before it crashed out on you. Bugs for days, and even with all that it was my favorite of the series. It's still so buggy that reinstalling it is virtually impossible with the broken update system.

I'm on PC and the bugs have settled down in BF4 quite a bit. It's back to the big issue being the cheaters now.

IowaSteeler927
12-21-2013, 08:33 AM
As buggy as it is, it doesn't hold a candle to how buggy BF2142 was. You couldn't play more than one round before it crashed out on you. Bugs for days, and even with all that it was my favorite of the series. It's still so buggy that reinstalling it is virtually impossible with the broken update system.

I'm on PC and the bugs have settled down in BF4 quite a bit. It's back to the big issue being the cheaters now.

I always wanted to play BF2142. It's the only one I haven't played.