PDA

View Full Version : Say Ben misses the first 3 - whats our record?

Steelknife
09-03-2006, 07:28 PM
I got a bad bad feeling it will be 0-3.

If any team scores 21 or more, we will be very hard pressed to win.

Not to mention Ben has always, well, sucked it up his first game back after missing a game the previous week.

SteelersFreak
09-03-2006, 07:31 PM
I would say about 1-2, 2-1 if we're lucky.

Black@Gold Forever32
09-03-2006, 07:33 PM
Ben will only miss the opener. Quit freaking out. Hines Ward had the samething a few years ago and didn't miss a game. Hell if the game was next Sunday I doubt that Ben would even miss the game. Its just Thursday is right around the corner.

Steelknife
09-03-2006, 07:34 PM
Hines Ward also has no ACL. He's sort of a freak of nature.

Hell if the game was next Sunday I doubt that Ben would even miss the game

I appreciate the optimism, but reality must take hold at some point.

Jeremy
09-03-2006, 07:36 PM
2-1

NV STEELERS 723
09-03-2006, 08:21 PM
I still say 3-0.... The D will rally around Charlie, and Fast Willie is a 4 TD game away waiting to happen......lets give the O some credit !

BlackNGold203
09-03-2006, 08:35 PM
uh...3-0???

why not??

the D steps up big..we win some low scoring affairs..

doesnt matter..ben will only miss one game...remember...theres 15 days from today til jax

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
09-03-2006, 09:00 PM
Batch was 2-0 as a starter last year...........If he needs to go 3-0 this year I believe he can

BlackNGold203
09-03-2006, 09:21 PM
Defense will take it personal...and step up HUGE to cover ben and Charlie....

Atlanta Dan
09-03-2006, 09:24 PM
2 home games and a road trip against a Jax team that most everyone regards as being likely to regress from last year's record - I say 2-1, even assuming Carson Palmer makes it through his first 2 games intact prior to week 3 at Heinz Field.

The Miami and Jax offenses are not going to light up the scoreboard; only the Bengals game could turn into a shootout where Batch would need to put up lots of points (against a Bengals defense where Odell Thurman will still be serving his suspension).

SteelersHoss
09-03-2006, 09:26 PM
Man, evereyone is overreacting big time. Batch is a NFL quaterback, not a piece of crap. He gets paid to be ready to play on a drop of a dime.. I say it will be tough, but there are tooo many good intangibles on this team to go 0 and 3. I suppose you people who think they will go 0-3 to start, probably didn't think they would make the playoffs last year, and beat three teams on the road to win the Superbowl.. Just simmer.

CantStop85
09-03-2006, 09:52 PM
1-2

Lyn
09-03-2006, 09:53 PM
Man, evereyone is overreacting big time. Batch is a NFL quaterback, not a piece of crap. He gets paid to be ready to play on a drop of a dime.. I say it will be tough, but there are tooo many good intangibles on this team to go 0 and 3. I suppose you people who think they will go 0-3 to start, probably didn't think they would make the playoffs last year, and beat three teams on the road to win the Superbowl.. Just simmer.

You are right of course, Jay. I know I did not think they would win all those playoff games!

ItaliaFem
09-03-2006, 10:01 PM
Whoever thought we wuld be superbowl winners after a wildcard playoff berth. We were the comeback story of the year. Anything is possible. Ben is so tough, the more he gets injured the more resolve that cornbred farmboy has. It fuels him.

Koopa
09-03-2006, 10:07 PM
ain't the jags beat up a little?? and they got the cowboys on sunday so maybe they'll get beat up a little more.......i don't think ben will miss 3 games but since we are playing the what if game i'd say 1-2. we have a good defense but they can only hold for so long. and batch was 2-0 but he didn't finsih that last game cause he broke himself scoring the td.

SteelCityMan786
09-03-2006, 10:35 PM
I say 3-0. The Steelers proved they can win. And besides. They got all their losing out for September in the pre-season.

siss
09-03-2006, 11:18 PM
I say 2-1. But Benny won't miss three games.

HometownGal
09-03-2006, 11:30 PM
I just can't fathom the Steelers losing 3 games in a row if Ben isn't back until after the bye, so I'll say 1-2. I think they'll eek it out against Miami at home, but lose to Jax and Cincy (I hate saying that) if Batch is still under center by the time we play those teams. Please let me be wrong!!! It isn't that I don't have faith in the Steelers as a team, but I just don't have that much faith in Batch, sorry - but as I've said in other threads, I will support him 100%. He wears the black and gold. :cool:

OneForTheToe
09-03-2006, 11:53 PM
I'd say 2-1.

As far as Charlie's effectiveness goes, I think it comes down to the O-line. If you give Charlie time (and open some holes for the running game), He will be effective. If Charlie sees his life passing before his eyes on thrid down and ten all afternoon, then things are going to get much more interesting.

Midnightwriter07
09-03-2006, 11:55 PM
Batch can still motor though... he still has legs. I think we will be ok, ultimately it is going to come down to our defensive play.......

Blitzburgh
09-04-2006, 12:28 AM
If Batch can get us to 2-1 ... I don't think anyone would complain. I just want to see Charlie and Co. take down the Bungals. Bungal fans wouldn't be able to dig a hole deep enough to bury their heads.

.... man, that would be some kind of funny!

BBC
09-04-2006, 12:36 AM
Ben will only miss the opener. Quit freaking out. Hines Ward had the samething a few years ago and didn't miss a game. Hell if the game was next Sunday I doubt that Ben would even miss the game. Its just Thursday is right around the corner.

There was also a pitcher for the Orioles that missed around 2 months with the same thing.

I just can't fathom the Steelers losing 3 games in a row if Ben isn't back until after the bye, so I'll say 1-2. I think they'll eek it out against Miami at home, but lose to Jax and Cincy (I hate saying that) if Batch is still under center by the time we play those teams. Please let me be wrong!!! It isn't that I don't have faith in the Steelers as a team, but I just don't have that much faith in Batch, sorry - but as I've said in other threads, I will support him 100%. He wears the black and gold. :cool:

My sentiments exactly.

klick81
09-04-2006, 12:50 AM
I BELIEVE.

3-0

Steelworth
09-04-2006, 01:01 AM
2-1 IF Ben has to miss 3 games. We still have a pretty damn good defense that could really disrupt Culpepper and cause a couple turnovers so I still see us winning Thursday. Jax is a toss up and Cinci, well we need Ben IMO.

Midnightwriter07
09-04-2006, 01:12 AM
If we are 2-1 then we would be very fortunate i think... It wouldnt suprise me if we were 0-3 or 1-2 ... I would feel good coming out of it with a winning record if we could manage that.

jaysta
09-04-2006, 01:21 AM
I hate to say it folks, but it's all just speculation on how we'll do with a backup QB. It's a whole new season, so I hope we're 3-0 after 3 games whether it's Ben, Charlie, Hines, or big Omar at QB. Anything can happen!

bozz723
09-04-2006, 02:49 AM
3-0 no doubt

Elvis
09-04-2006, 05:58 AM
I say maybe 2-1..just maybe
I guess the Steelers Didnt Need to Keep 3 QB's after all
God Bless
Elvis

clevestinks
09-04-2006, 08:34 AM
No QB on our team got more snaps in the preseason games than Charlie, he got alot of time with the first team offense. And he looked good against other 1st defenses. I`m not worried, the best part of the entire deal is that Ben maybe able to take his time getting better, he won`t have to fill rushed.

83-Steelers-43
09-04-2006, 08:36 AM
No QB on our team got more snaps in the preseason games than Charlie, he got alot of time with the first team offense. And he looked good against other 1st defenses. I`m not worried, the best part of the entire deal is that Ben maybe able to take his time getting better, he won`t have to fill rushed.

And he has 3 days to practice before the opener. While I can't say I'm completely optimistic, I am not completely pessimistic...lol. Did that make sense?

noto45
09-04-2006, 12:55 PM
ben wont miss more than 1 game....and remeber it the fins for pete sake.