PDA

View Full Version : The Eternal Optimism Thread

siss
09-04-2006, 07:47 AM
I tend to be a glass half full gal and with the latest news on Benny, I thought it might be the right time for all of us eternal optimists to come together. I dont think he will miss 3 games hell I dont rhink he will miss 2. And for 2 reasons.
1. Benny is tough. If he can survive a New Yorker then im sure appendicitis is nothing plua Benny has amazing healing powers (although I do wonder where his guardian angel was on this one?)!
2. The Steelers have 11 days off between week 1 and 2.

So everyone just chill. Our boys wll be fine without Benny. Last time I checked we still have a kick ass defense and Charlie Batch has looked good. It will all work out in the end. The steelers will still go 13-3 and win the super bowl. Just remeber that every thing happens for a reason and that which does not kill tou only makes you stronger!!!!!

WHO RIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

paw-n-maul-u
09-04-2006, 11:15 AM
I tend to be a glass half full gal and with the latest news on Benny, I thought it might be the right time for all of us eternal optimists to come together. I dont think he will miss 3 games hell I dont rhink he will miss 2. And for 2 reasons.
1. Benny is tough. If he can survive a New Yorker then im sure appendicitis is nothing plua Benny has amazing healing powers (although I do wonder where his guardian angel was on this one?)!
2. The Steelers have 11 days off between week 1 and 2.

So everyone just chill. Our boys wll be fine without Benny. Last time I checked we still have a kick ass defense and Charlie Batch has looked good. It will all work out in the end. The steelers will still go 13-3 and win the super bowl. Just remeber that every thing happens for a reason and that which does not kill tou only makes you stronger!!!!!

WHO RIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think he was taking advice from not only aikman and elway on how to handle pressure after a superbowl ... but he also spent a weekend at the x-men mutant mansion and got a good talk in with wolverine about how to REALLY heal fast

stillers4me
09-04-2006, 11:34 AM
I totally agree!! Keep the faith, my children!! All is not lost.......trust in The Chin.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/sueincinci/Steelers/steelersbang.gif

TasmanianTroy271
09-04-2006, 11:48 AM
but he also spent a weekend at the x-men mutant mansion and got a good talk in with wolverine about how to REALLY heal fast

Either that or he got tips from Chukky Okobi :D

siss
09-04-2006, 11:51 AM
No I think Chucky Okobi got tips from Ben!

Steelers
09-04-2006, 11:54 AM
We showed last season that you don't neccessarily have to win 14 or 15 games to go all the way. This will just add to the legend and lore that everyone will talk about after SB XLI.

clevestinks
09-04-2006, 12:16 PM
I`ll be honest, I don`t know why we need a pep talk already? There is no reason to alarm anyway. Ben is a big piece to a championship puzzle, I agree. But there are alot of other key pieces that will lead us to victories. Batck kicked some major butt against the brownies last year before halftime when they realized he had a broken bone. We have puzzle pieces like Parker, and Porter, Polumula and Ike, We have Miller and Wilson, Farrior and Foote. If that doesnt work we have Reed.

SteelCzar76
09-04-2006, 12:35 PM
[QUOTE=clevestinks;145052]I`ll be honest, I don`t know why we need a pep talk already? There is no reason to alarm anyway. Ben is a big piece to a championship puzzle, I agree. But there are alot of other key pieces that will lead us to victories. QUOTE]

"Nuff said"

"Hail Caesar,.......Hail the Black and Gold"

stillers4me
09-04-2006, 12:40 PM
Me thinks too many people have been reading so many rival forums they are starting to doubt we really WON the Super Bowl!!!!!!!!! Look in the mirror, smack yoursselves upside the head once or twice and repeat................... We are the Pittsburgh Steelers........WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!

SteelersFire
09-04-2006, 12:57 PM
Optimistic is great. And then ya just got to BELIEVE!

Atlanta Dan
09-04-2006, 01:59 PM
Cowher has taken teams to the playoffs with Neil O'Donnell, Mike Tomczak, and Kordell Stewart at QB. Batch is not in Ben's league but he certainly can be compared favorably to the three QBs listed above.

Combine that with the fact that Steelers have ovecome greater first week injuries than this (1995 - Woodson tears up his knee and O'Donnell lost for a month in the season opener against the Lions) and all certainly is not lost.

I will wait until after the Miami game to decide whether to go into panic mode.

stlrtruck
09-04-2006, 08:33 PM
Even after the phish game we shouldn't panic. Look Ben has a little surgery and we get all "freaked" out. Why? Wish I knew. I feel confident with Batch in as his replacement. He was 2-0 as a starter last year and held down the fort. He's got to do it for one game, in front of a home crowd, with a very sound D to support his cause!!!
As for where his guardian angel was this time, I think the angel may have done this to him for all the work that was done with the "other" accident! (lol)
Let's face it, even if Batch has to play 2 games, he's very capable of winning at least one of them, then Ben returns to pummel the bungles!

siss
09-04-2006, 08:54 PM
His angel was tired after saving his life, so he let this slip!