PDA

View Full Version : Steelers # 1 pick for 2007 draft is ...

paw-n-maul-u
09-04-2006, 09:31 AM
Given the incidents that took place over the last weekend I think it is safe to say that we could just wind up with the best running back in the NCAA next year ... atleast within reach to trade up for from the 32 spot ... I have been sweating this guy for the last two seasons ... that's right ... MICHAEL BUSH!!! ... now some of you may be wondering what the hell I would want with a back that just broke his leg this past weekend ... his season is over and already he racked up 100+ yards and 3 TD's in the FIRST HALF!!!! ... this kid is a class act if I have ever seen one ... I got to see him play last year at the gator bowl vs. VT and he was solid even against the nations # 1 (in my opinion) defense ... With questions concerning duce (and if you don't have them you should) ... as well as willie parkers inconsistency and lack of depth behind him ... I think the steelers will obviously be looking at RB on day 1 of the draft ... hopefully early day 1 ... the guy is a freak of nature ... 6'3 250 lbs ... (not that his weight matters ... well ... with duce most likely gone after this year, we will need a goal line back) ... ofcourse this is all dependent on how well parker plays this season ... anyone like to pimp someone else?

83-Steelers-43
09-04-2006, 09:41 AM
Wait, let me get this straight......

You are basically writing off this season when you have no idea how long Ben will be out? He could be back for the Jacksonville game or the San Diego game. We don't know yet. I don't think it's "safe to say" anything until we play our last game of the year.

Also, who knows what Batch will look like. He might just surprise us all. There's more to an offense than just your QB. There's more to your team as a whole than just your QB. We (the majority of fans) are looking at the Dolphins, you are already making the assumption that we will be drafting low in next years freakin' draft. :rolleyes:

Am I the only one that finds that just a tad bit premature and presumptuous ?

paw-n-maul-u
09-04-2006, 09:49 AM
Wait, let me get this straight......

You are basically writing off this season when you have no idea how long Ben will be out? He could be back for the Jacksonville game or the San Diego game. We don't know yet. I don't think it's "safe to say" anything until we play our last game of the year.

Also, who knows what Batch will look like. He might just surprise us all. There's more to an offense than just your QB. There's more to your team as a whole than just your QB. We (the majority of fans) are looking at the Dolphins, you are already making the assumption that we will be drafting low in next years freakin' draft. :rolleyes:

ummm ... no I'm not saying that at all ... if you read my post right it said that we could be able to trade up from him from spot 32 ... i wonder what team picks there ... ok well i guess its early and you just didnt read well ... what i was trying to get out of this was that one of the top 2 backs eligible for this years draft just broke their leg and barring some ridiculous workout at the combine ... he probably wont go any higher than 20 ... not to mention he is a big bruising back that fits out system and can take some of the load off of parker ... I'm looking right at the dolphins with you,trust me, but this is just something fun to talk about because all of the other threads seem too depressing to want to think about (hines hammy, b-roth surgery, get rid of duce, cowher leaving) ... just things id rather not think about now ... honestly ... what kind of fan would i be if i thought it would be a good idea to give up on the season just to get a good draft pick

83-Steelers-43
09-04-2006, 09:51 AM
My bad. I did read it/took it wrong. I took it as "Ben is down", we get a better pick in this years draft. My apologies to you.

With the complete "doom and gloom" which swept this site since after the cuts were released, I'm a little on edge. Once again, my sincere apologies.

BlackNGold203
09-04-2006, 09:53 AM
My bad. I did read it/took it wrong. I took it as "Ben is down", we get a better pick in this years draft. My apologies to you.

With the complete "doom and gloom" which swept this site since after the cuts were released, I'm a little on edge. Once again, my sincere apology.

Yeah 83..why on earth would we jump to that conclusion...LMAO...

:cool: :cool:

83-Steelers-43
09-04-2006, 09:55 AM
Yeah 83..why on earth would we jump to that conclusion...LMAO...

:cool: :cool:

lol, he should have been here yesterday and the day before. :smile:

BlackNGold203
09-04-2006, 10:05 AM
lol, he should have been here yesterday and the day before. :smile:

better him than us...I'm still tired from yesterday....

I'm taking a new tact from here on...if you wanna jump..jump...more room for me....:cool: :cool:

jaysta
09-04-2006, 10:06 AM

With the complete "doom and gloom" which swept this site since after the cuts were released, I'm a little on edge. Once again, my sincere apologies.

I've read some interesting posts, but I haven't seen much doom and gloom from the guys who were serious and made good informational posts. This guy is new to the forum, but he seems to be looking ahead and is excited about some new talent. Maybe a little premature with the injury and all, but Michael Bush could be an option for us next year. It is hard to get too excited this early in the year though. Look at Marcus Vick. He looked like a lock at the #1 spot for a good part of last season. It should be interesting.

83-Steelers-43
09-04-2006, 10:11 AM
Where do I start?

Our future is now screwed since Omar and Kuhn were cut.

We cut Quincy Morgan, our WR core is going to stink because we only have Ward and Wilson and even Wilson I'm not fond of.

Kuhn was cut, our running game is going to stink and we just lost the second coming.

That's just the tip of the iceberg. I'm not going to even bother listing the threads. That's research other's can do on their own if they are interested.

BlackNGold203
09-04-2006, 10:17 AM
Where do I start?

We cut Quincy Morgan, our WR core is going to stink because we only have Ward and Wilson and even Wilson I'm not fond of.

Kuhn was cut, our running game is going to stink and we just lost the second coming.

That's just the tip of the iceberg. I'm not going to even bother listing the threads. That's research other's can do on their own if they are interested.

Yesterday was a nightmare....its cool though...after we win Thursday...the same people will be posting Friday how they KNEW everything was OK....LMAO....:sofunny: :sofunny:

steelcity984
09-04-2006, 10:58 AM
haha it may be just a TAD premature but my dad and I were watching the Louisville game and as soon as he got hurt I looked at my dad and said "Good, maybe the Steelers can get him next year."

paw-n-maul-u
09-04-2006, 11:12 AM
haha it may be just a TAD premature but my dad and I were watching the Louisville game and as soon as he got hurt I looked at my dad and said "Good, maybe the Steelers can get him next year."

Indeed it is way premature ... but I was sick of all the ridiculous posts about morgan,duce,kuhn ...etc. I actually was so sick of it that I jumped ship from the steelers.com message board over to here ... I had been checking it out for a little while and not only is it set up better but it seems that the people are at the very least a tad more competent than the previous message board I was on ... I did the same thing when bush broke his leg (oh sh*t, how money would that be if Bush came to pittsburg in something like Cromartie did to SD) ... one thing I haven't seen yet was
"SIGN ______ NOW .... HE JUST GOT RELEASED FROM THE _______" ... i can't tell you how many times i had to explain that davenport,dayne, c. rogers, etc. were cut from teams for a reason

83-Steelers-43
09-04-2006, 11:17 AM
one thing I haven't seen yet was
"SIGN ______ NOW .... HE JUST GOT RELEASED FROM THE _______" ... i can't tell you how many times i had to explain that davenport,dayne, c. rogers, etc. were cut from teams for a reason

You mean like this one.....(Post #25 is particulary interesting..lol)

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=10115&page=3&highlight=Insert

nicesteel4life
09-04-2006, 11:20 AM
Pleaseeee I am going to bust a rib laughing so much. I cant believe the posts as of late. WE ARE DOOMED!!!!! The season is OVER!!!!! I have never heard so much rubbish. Can we please play a game of the regular season first? AHHHHH the point broke off!! The fountain has floated into the ROONEY statue.....The next story..

CantStop85
09-04-2006, 11:30 AM
Bush's stock should drop quite a bit because of the injury, allowing the steelers a better shot at him...you can thank Kentucky for that. :bouncy:

paw-n-maul-u
09-04-2006, 11:35 AM
Pleaseeee I am going to bust a rib laughing so much. I cant believe the posts as of late. WE ARE DOOMED!!!!! The season is OVER!!!!! I have never heard so much rubbish. Can we please play a game of the regular season first? AHHHHH the point broke off!! The fountain has floated into the ROONEY statue.....The next story..

Noone on in this thread is saying the season is doomed ... i guess the title is a little misleading with the "# 1 pick ... what i meant was their first round pick ... sorry it was confusing

Black@Gold Forever32
09-04-2006, 11:37 AM
I never like to see an injury to a player but when Michael Bush went down. My thinking the Steelers have a great shot to land him now late in the first round. If indeed thats where they end up picking.

Now don't take this the wrong way anybody. I'm not saying the Steelers season is over. Just saying we can never predict serious injuries. So if the Steelers avoid do indeed avoid major injury issues all year. We will be in the running for the AFC crown again this year.

As for the people saying its all doom and gloom thats really silly. It does suck that Ben won't play for the opener. But Batch can win a start or two. He did that last year. Now if it was Tammy Gunn starting in place of Ben vs the Fins. I would be worried. But its Batch and I still see a Steelers win.

Steelers 20 Fins 17

19ward86
09-04-2006, 11:39 AM
y would bush go in the 1st round if he just broke his legs, sounds like a late 2nd or early 3rd round guy.

CantStop85
09-04-2006, 11:43 AM
y would bush go in the 1st round if he just broke his legs, sounds like a late 2nd or early 3rd round guy.
Because he's still Michael Bush...a broken leg isn't that career threatening. He'll drop a bit, but I wouldn't count on him dropping too far out of the 1st round if at all.

TasmanianTroy271
09-04-2006, 11:44 AM
H.B. Blades first round, baby. The steelers have always been able to find good talent in the later rounds, and if you get the offensive players later, the less you have to worry about the huge contracts.

SteelCzar76
09-04-2006, 12:20 PM
Indeed it is way premature ... but I was sick of all the ridiculous posts about morgan,duce,kuhn ...etc. I actually was so sick of it that I jumped ship from the steelers.com message board over to here ... I had been checking it out for a little while and not only is it set up better but it seems that the people are at the very least a tad more competent than the previous message board I was on ... I did the same thing when bush broke his leg (oh sh*t, how money would that be if Bush came to pittsburg in something like Cromartie did to SD) ... one thing I haven't seen yet was

Paw,....you should try to get Machiavelli, Diamond, SteelHack, and Hillbilly to jump as well.
These Boards are far more interesting. Welcome aboard.

"Hail Caesar,......Hail the Black and Gold"

clevestinks
09-04-2006, 12:25 PM
Let me see " Just a tad bit premature" 2007 draft already!

SteelCzar76
09-04-2006, 12:30 PM
Bush's stock should drop quite a bit because of the injury, allowing the steelers a better shot at him...you can thank Kentucky for that. :bouncy:

Be careful what you wish for us 85,.....you just might get it LOL I don't wish injury on any player,...but i have to admit,... when Bush went down the thought of us having a shot at him did cross my mind.
Hmmmm,...maybe Adrian Peterson could develop a fake "Jimmy Williams" personality complex just long enough to drop to the mid Twenty's LOL

"Hail Caesar,.......Hail the Black and Gold"

Steelknife
09-04-2006, 12:39 PM
I'd love Michael Bush. With this injury, very good chance hes there at #32.

noto45
09-04-2006, 01:06 PM
why are we even discussing this?

43Hitman
09-04-2006, 01:18 PM
why are we even discussing this?

change of pace I think..

paw-n-maul-u
09-04-2006, 01:38 PM
Paw,....you should try to get Machiavelli, Diamond, SteelHack, and Hillbilly to jump as well.
These Boards are far more interesting. Welcome aboard.

"Hail Caesar,......Hail the Black and Gold"

Actually ... to be honest ... the real paw-n-maul-u is still over on the other board ... I just decided that this was definitly my most favorite alias and i mean ... heck ... who really cares if i borrow it ... maybe he does ... as for the others ... Hillbilly seems to be the only one whose entertainment i could appreciate ... ill still check over there for the weekly "things that crush and things that suck" ... mach and hack annoy me

jaysta
09-04-2006, 01:39 PM
Where do I start?

LOL. It does seem like there was some gloom thrown in there doesn't it. Actually, the thread I started was just to get folks discussing the waivers since we were in a lull until Thursday (no gloom and doom intended). I even put a "?" at the end of the title of the thread so that everyone could give their own opinion. I think some folks took the thread to heart and went personal with it. It definitely got folks involved, LOL. Oh well, on with the show!:bouncy: