PDA

View Full Version : St. Pierre signed john kuhn releashed!

pittsburgh$teelersfan
09-04-2006, 09:51 AM
http://media3.steelers.com/article/68679

pittsburgh$teelersfan
09-04-2006, 09:52 AM
well what do yall think

83-Steelers-43
09-04-2006, 09:54 AM
Oh Christ............here come the heart attacks.

First the guy was released.

Then brought back on the practice squad.

Then released in order to sign a QB. Out of eight guys they could have chosen from they picked Kuhn.

What does that tell some?

BlackNGold203
09-04-2006, 09:55 AM
Oh Christ............here come the heart attacks.

First the guy was released.

Then brought back on the practice squad.

Then released in order to sign a QB. Out of eight guys they could have chosen from they picked Kuhn.

What does that tell some?

NOOOOO!!!!!

Here we go again....I'm not gonna make it through another round of this....:dang: :dang:

X-Terminator
09-04-2006, 09:57 AM
Oh man, Kuhn was released...*waits for the firestorm*

Seriously, I think this means that Jacobs is going to be the backup on Thursday.

PisnNapalm
09-04-2006, 10:00 AM
Shazbot!

redst3
09-04-2006, 10:09 AM
Well...would you rather have Kuhn lay quarterback then??? What choice do they have anyway?

X-Terminator
09-04-2006, 10:11 AM
Probably.

I'm not sure I get all the references to Kuhn and firestorms. The guy ran hard all pre-season, but the talent just isn't there to bump someone off of the active roster. Especially since there will be a nice selection of running backs in next year's draft that Pittsburgh can choose from if they want to.

You obviously weren't here over the past couple of days, but if you were, you'd know what I mean by Kuhn and "firestorms." Let's just say that there were many people who were upset by Kuhn being cut.

nicesteel4life
09-04-2006, 10:14 AM
Probably.

I'm not sure I get all the references to Kuhn and firestorms. The guy ran hard all pre-season, but the talent just isn't there to bump someone off of the active roster. Especially since there will be a nice selection of running backs in next year's draft that Pittsburgh can choose from if they want to.

AGREE!! The FO did a good job here...Brought in the cheap guy that knows the playbook a little. Listen all you Kuhn Lovers, He hasent got it completely yet. He will still be available when Ben comes back and St Pierre is released. Tip of the hat to FO....They know what there doing. Parker signed up! Ike signed up! there spending the fans money well right now. The boat is not tipping.

paw-n-maul-u
09-04-2006, 10:29 AM
I guess this is all the fun I have been missing out on ... people seem perplexed by the idea that a running back who usually didnt get touches until the 3rd or 4th quarter in preseason game is probably, ...well ... i shouldnt even go on ... simply put, Willie parker type situations are not a dime a dozen ...

- The thing I was most anticipating was the reaction from fanns after Cobbs was signed ... He looked better and got more reps with NE's first team than did Kuhn with ours (went and looked at the play by play for the NE games and pitt games I saw on TV) ... i was expecting an uproar, but what made me laugh even more was the fact that some were getting excited about him ... talking about how good is name is going to look sketched in somewhere at Canton, OH.

19ward86
09-04-2006, 10:40 AM
we need donald trump!

ART ROONEY.....YOUR FIRED! LOL

TasmanianTroy271
09-04-2006, 10:41 AM
I have to admit, I am one of the John Kuhn lovers, but I thought the Practice Squad was only for rookies and first year players??? St. Pierre is a 4 year vet?

43Hitman
09-04-2006, 10:46 AM
I guess this is all the fun I have been missing out on ... people seem perplexed by the idea that a running back who usually didnt get touches until the 3rd or 4th quarter in preseason game is probably, ...well ... i shouldnt even go on ... simply put, Willie parker type situations are not a dime a dozen ...

- The thing I was most anticipating was the reaction from fanns after Cobbs was signed ... He looked better and got more reps with NE's first team than did Kuhn with ours (went and looked at the play by play for the NE games and pitt games I saw on TV) ... i was expecting an uproar, but what made me laugh even more was the fact that some were getting excited about him ... talking about how good is name is going to look sketched in somewhere at Canton, OH.

I'll be the first to admitt that I was high on Kuhn as a prospect. But I never said or led anyone to believe that I thought Kuhn was a Hall of Famer, nor did I see any other poster do the same. Just the idea of Kuhn in the Hall is laughable.

All in all this was a good move with Ben down. You have to have depth at Qb or your toast. Besides I am sure Kuhn will still be there waiting when Ben get's back on the field and we cut BSP.

SteelCzar76
09-04-2006, 11:09 AM
Oh man, Kuhn was released...*waits for the firestorm*

Seriously, I think this means that Jacobs is going to be the backup on Thursday.

I surely hope so,.....

"Hail Caesar,.....Hail the Black and Gold"

clevestinks
09-04-2006, 11:11 AM
Kuhn did impress against mediocre talent! How of the players, that Kuhn ran over, actually make thier squads?

SteelCityMan786
09-04-2006, 11:15 AM
I guess Duce takes the Bus's Load as the endzone running back.

43Hitman
09-04-2006, 11:18 AM
Kuhn did impress against mediocre talent! How of the players, that Kuhn ran over, actually make thier squads?

Good point.

I really liked his drive and effort though. He seemed like a blue-collar kinda rb. Of course I am by no means an expert and only saw him play 4 times against scrubs.

SteelerMurf
09-04-2006, 11:27 AM
No other team is gonna sign Kuhn, when Ben comes back we will be able to bring him back in.

Ambridge
09-04-2006, 11:28 AM
Gee!!
What is this the 6th or 7th time in St. Pete's career that he has signed after being released by the Steelers??
That has to be some kind of record.
Maybe he can be a "Cut Counselor" for Kuhn.

I hope the Steelers try and extract some info from "Pete" about what's been going on in Ratland before they ship him out again.

Ambridge
09-04-2006, 11:31 AM
No other team is gonna sign Kuhn, when Ben comes back we will be able to bring him back in.

Let's hope no other team has any running back injuries during week one or two.......then some other team might grab him.

43Hitman
09-04-2006, 11:37 AM
Gee!!
What is this the 6th or 7th time in St. Pete's career that he has signed after being released by the Steelers??
That has to be some kind of record.
Maybe he can be a "Cut Counselor" for Kuhn.

I hope the Steelers try and extract some info from "Pete" about what's been going on in Ratland before they ship him out again.

"Cut Counselor" :sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny:

noto45
09-04-2006, 12:09 PM
PLEASE God dont let Batch get hurt!

jaysta
09-04-2006, 12:16 PM
I like this thread alot...and yes I liked Kuhn's running alot. But I never thought he'd be a HOFer, especially only playing pre-season games. LOL Honestly, is "The St." going to be a viable backup? Has he done it yet? We all shall see together.

jaysta
09-04-2006, 12:43 PM
Hopefully, we won't need to see if he can be a viable backup. That's why we have Charlie.

Let's all hope!

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
09-04-2006, 02:01 PM
St. Pierre spent the off season with the ravens???????

Mayabe some insight to their playbook??

I.C. Lights
09-04-2006, 11:01 PM
I'm glad to have St. Pierre back. He's pretty smart and I always thought he was a good QB when he played for BC. Plus, some insight into the ratbirds playbook would definitely be nice. As for Kuhn, he'll be back too...eventually.

70c10
09-04-2006, 11:22 PM
St. Pierre spent the off season with the ravens???????

Mayabe some insight to their playbook??

No insight needed. They have no playbook!. BORING