PDA

View Full Version : ben Released....

BlackNGold203
09-04-2006, 08:35 PM
Just heard on a news break on the Miami-FLA State game...Ben was released from the hospital tonight....

SteelersFire
09-04-2006, 08:47 PM
God bless him if that doesn't offend. He'll be fine - and real soon. He'll be on against the Jags - no question.

SteelCityMan786
09-04-2006, 08:49 PM
Good to hear he will be ready to rock and roll soon. I wouldn't rush him just in case.

paw-n-maul-u
09-04-2006, 09:00 PM
haha at first i thought this was going to be a joke thread poking fun at "c.rogers released, davenport released" ... well either way its good to hear hes up and about

83-Steelers-43
09-04-2006, 09:05 PM
Get him all healed up and ready to go. Charlie can sail the ship on the right course (not saying 3-0 or 4-0 or 5-0) until Ben is completely healed and ready to help us get #6.

siss
09-04-2006, 09:40 PM
Charlie is a worthy 1st mate to Ben!

Stillers#1
09-04-2006, 10:10 PM
I totally thought this was a joke thread too, I saw this on ESPN tonite too. What a day today was, after cmaping for four days, and then coming back, and hearing about Ben,....yeesh!!

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
09-04-2006, 10:11 PM
I hope to see him for the monday night game

jaysta
09-04-2006, 10:15 PM
Just heard on a news break on the Miami-FLA State game...Ben was released from the hospital tonight....

Now this is good news for our Black and Gold. I hope it's a speedy recovery.

OX1947
09-04-2006, 10:41 PM
We are very fortunate to have our game on thursday for the first game of the season. If Charlie can play well enough for us to eek out a win, Ben will have one less game to endure and on top of it all, our 2nd game against Jax is a Monday night game which gives Big Ben exactly 2 weeks to recover from his surgery. Lets pray Willie can give us a 160 yard game again in his season opener like last year.

HometownGal
09-04-2006, 11:39 PM
Great news! :bouncy: Knowing Ben, he'll be on that sideline encouraging and cheering on his teammates as he is so well known for doing. :smile:

83-Steelers-43
09-04-2006, 11:55 PM
Big Ben recovering at home
By Joe Starkey
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Monday, September 4, 2006

Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger was released from UPMC Presbyterian on Monday afternoon, a day after his emergency appendectomy.

"He's eating well and walking around," said Steelers coach Bill Cowher, who addressed the media at 2:30 p.m. at team headquarters on the South Side.

Cowher said he would update Roethlisberger's playing status next week. It seems unlikely that Roethlisberger, who will miss the season opener Thursday night against the Miami Dolphins, would miss more than two games.

Teammate Hines Ward expressed optimism that Roethlisberger would be ready for the team's second game -- Sept. 18 at Jacksonville.

Ward had the same surgery -- a laparoscopic appendectomy -- four years ago and was back on the playing field 13 days later. He and Roethlisberger each made it into surgery before their respective appendix burst.

Cowher spoke with Roethlisberger on Sunday night.

"He really seemed fine," Cowher said. "It is what it is. He's eager to get back. The surgery went very well. It's been even more updated than it was when Hines had it.

"Ben's a very resilient young man. He has proven that. He has thrived on all the circumstances that have been thrown his way."

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_468978.html

tony hipchest
09-05-2006, 12:02 AM
"Ward had the same surgery -- a laparoscopic appendectomy -- four years ago and was back on the playing field 13 days later. He and Roethlisberger each made it into surgery before their respective appendix burst."

im glad starkey included "respective appendix" or else i might have thought they collectively shared one.

ben has a cut. its not a broken bone or torn ligament, muscle or tendon. for anyone who has ever cut themselves they know they heal pretty quick. as far as healing goes... ben is to the nfl what wolverine is to the X-men. how the thursday night game goes will probably have alot to do with whether bill lets ben play in 14 days. im thinking his gut will hurt alot less than carsons knee.

83-Steelers-43
09-05-2006, 12:08 AM
"Ward had the same surgery -- a laparoscopic appendectomy -- four years ago and was back on the playing field 13 days later. He and Roethlisberger each made it into surgery before their respective appendix burst."

im glad starkey included "respective appendix" or else i might have thought they collectively shared one.

ben has a cut. its not a broken bone or torn ligament, muscle or tendon. for anyone who has ever cut themselves they know they heal pretty quick. as far as healing goes... ben is to the nfl what wolverine is to the X-men. how the thursday night game goes will probably have alot to do with whether bill lets ben play in 14 days. im thinking his gut will hurt alot less than carsons knee.

The reason why I figured 4-6 weeks was because all I kept hearing was that this specific operation took 4-6 weeks to heal. So basically he will be back in the next three weeks tops....in your opinion?

70c10
09-05-2006, 12:12 AM
If it had burst, it would have been alot worse!. Mine only took about a week to heal but mine was like Ben's (inflamed).

83-Steelers-43
09-05-2006, 12:14 AM
If it had burst, it would have been alot worse!. Mine only took about a week to heal but mine was like Ben's (inflamed).

Ahh, okay. Very cool. Thanks for the info. :smile:

83-Steelers-43
09-05-2006, 10:03 AM
He really seemed fine," Cowher said. "It is what it is. He's eager to get back. The surgery went very well. It's been even more updated than it was when Hines had it.".

That is very reassuring.

SteelerFanInCA
09-05-2006, 12:28 PM
I'm sure Ben will be back sooner than later. He seems to be gifted in the area of healing. :smile:

Midnightwriter07
09-05-2006, 06:18 PM
I just read on Sportscenter that Ben was already back at the teams complex and was talking to coach Cowher.. i am sure there will be something later.. but is great news he is already up and walking around at the teams practice facility.... He is prolly telling Cowher... " i can play " lol