PDA

View Full Version : Greg Robinson

BehindSteelCurtain
01-07-2014, 11:40 PM
Love this OT from Auburn!! Enjoyed watching him maul Alabama and Florida st defensive front. Wouldn't be mad about this pick at #15.

devin7558
01-16-2014, 08:36 PM
My favorite LT in this years draft. The tape on him is fantastic.

Great athlete, good size and fights with leverage. Great bend and quick feet. He has a pretty nasty side to his run blocking. It will be interesting to see if they get a new OL coach and what scheme they will continue to employ. If this was the pick at 15 we'd be set on the left for years to come. He's still raw in some of his technique but with good coaching it's all correctable. That said his ceiling is sky high, I was nothing but impressed with him against some of the best competition in CFB. I hope he declares,

PhantomJB93
01-17-2014, 01:51 AM
My favorite LT in this years draft. The tape on him is fantastic.

Great athlete, good size and fights with leverage. Great bend and quick feet. He has a pretty nasty side to his run blocking. It will be interesting to see if they get a new OL coach and what scheme they will continue to employ. If this was the pick at 15 we'd be set on the left for years to come. He's still raw in some of his technique but with good coaching it's all correctable. That said his ceiling is sky high, I was nothing but impressed with him against some of the best competition in CFB. I hope he declares,

This is exactly why I don't want him, or any first round OT except MAYBE Matthews. We already have two "raw but talented guys who will be good with coaching" on the roster at OT, plus a third tackle who doesn't pass the eye test but was nothing but solid. If our coaching can't get them to be even half-decent at LT, it's not going to get yet another raw prospect there either, and if the new coach IS good enough, then we shouldn't need to spend another pick on one anyway.

devin7558
01-17-2014, 12:44 PM
I think Robinson is way more athletic than both Adams and gilbert. They both have slow feet and can't handle the edge speed rushers.

Robinson is raw more in terms of scheme concepts, angles, and using his hands. I think if he had one more season under his belt he would easily surpass Matthews as the top tackle.

I'm not huge on taking another OT high but I wouldn't be completely dissapointed if Robinson was the pick.

cbrunn
01-17-2014, 04:52 PM
There is no way you pass up on Robinson

We all Love Beachum , but he wasn't really "Solid" ... he left up what 7 sacks in 7 games ... What made him look better then he was , was Ben actually improving his play and getting rid of the ball faster

Robinson would greatly improve the running game yr 1 , and do the same good of job in pass protection

I'm not on the draft an Oline , actually i'm against it ... but if Robinson feel to 15 which he won't or at least shouldn't ... you take him