PDA

View Full Version : Why is Sammy Watkins better than Marqis Lee?

xbroughneck
01-12-2014, 03:36 PM
Serious question.

Lots of Watkins love, but which player has the greater upside? Is there a great drop off in production between the two?

Pairing Big Ben with either, do you think it's a losing situation?

Sharkissle29
01-12-2014, 04:21 PM
IMO, Watkins just seems to have that extra gear.

xbroughneck
01-12-2014, 04:28 PM

Guess we'll see. With the right QB I think that extra gear will make less of a difference.

nbowman46
01-12-2014, 04:34 PM

They both can take the top off any defense but i would say Watkins is quicker like AB and Lee is more like Wallace just with more to him then just speed.

Either one would be great for us not sure Watkins will be there at 15 and not sure Lee will be there with our 2nd round pick either.

PhantomJB93
01-12-2014, 04:42 PM
Bigger, faster, more athletic, more explosive, more consistent. He's much more of a game-breaker. Marquise is a solid possession, YAC type of receiver who is pretty much an Antonio Brown clone as far as playing style is concerned. And that's great and all, but Watkins is a much more complete receiver. Lee is going to get open for that 10 yard gain but isn't going to blow the top off of the coverage, take a screen pass to the house, or make some ridiculous jumping catch in the endzone...at least not regularly. Watkins reminds me of Dez Bryant (NOT CHARACTER-WISE) if Dez had Mike Wallace's speed. Lee is very good at what he does, and again, I'm not saying he won't be a good receiver in the NFL, but Watkins is a physical freak with a way higher ceiling that's just capable of anything and everything that can be wanted in a WR.

They both can take the top off any defense but i would say Watkins is quicker like AB and Lee is more like Wallace just with more to him then just speed.

Funny, I'd argue the exact opposite haha. Lee is definitely faster than Brown but it's not the main aspect of his game and while he's capable he doesn't use it to his advantage often.