PDA

View Full Version : My (Sportsagentblog's) 2-round, in-depth Mock

bthorn86
01-14-2014, 10:18 PM
All but the final four teams are locked into their draft positions, so let’s make sense of what direction each team should go in and why. This list is compiled of seniors and eligible underclassmen – including the officially and unofficially declared players. I, Brandon Thorn, will be providing constant updates all the way up until the draft starts May 8, 2014.

15. Pittsburgh (8-8) – CB Darqueze Dennard – Michigan State – Agent: Chafie Fields (Lagardere Unlimited): Pittsburgh has ignored their secondary for too long and has to bring in a young, impactful starter particularly at the corner position. Ike Taylor has been serviceable but has hung around for what seems like way too long and at 34-years old next season could easily be cut. Behind him are players that have no business being a No. 1 corner. Enter Dennard, a player in the mold of a Steelers’ player if there ever was one. Dennard won the Thorpe Award this season with his aggressive, blanket-coverage and was the best defensive player on the best defense in the nation. Steeler nation wants the defense to regain their aggressive, suffocating style and Dennard would be a catalyst for just that...http://sportsagentblog.com/2013/12/11/the-sports-agent-blog-2014-nfl-mock-draft/

harrison'samonster
01-14-2014, 10:47 PM
Thanks! Excellent work, I wouldn't be upset with this pick at all.

Pitt15
01-15-2014, 06:13 AM
By Dane Brugler | NFLDraftScout.com Senior Analyst
Entering the week, my top defensive tackle prospect participating this week was Louisiana Tech DT Justin Ellis (6-2, 351) and he hasn't disappointed so far. He used his active hands and quick feet to beat blockers during drills, putting spin moves on Oklahoma's Gabe Ikard and also steamrolling him on a few occasions. To no surprise, Ellis weighed in as the heaviest prospect here at 351 pounds and he uses that girth well to bully blockers and surge through the line of scrimmage.

I am liking this kid as a day 2 prospect.