09-05-2006, 01:32 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5934082

HometownGal
09-05-2006, 01:35 PM
Two words to that pencil-necked geek - BITE ME. :rolleyes:

Time to put the bong down there, pal.

STEELCRTN4EVER
09-05-2006, 01:35 PM
8-8.... Man, I think I would take some action on that. It is easy to be to guess for a living. I am ready for 1-0 after Thursday night. They always try to hold us down!!

Sharkissle29
09-05-2006, 01:38 PM
that is way too funny

Statik
09-05-2006, 02:35 PM
8-8?

hahahhaha, he's seriously smoking something.

Hammer67
09-05-2006, 02:43 PM
Some of us do need to take off the blinders....it could be very easy to go 8-8. Couple injuries to the line or one of the key skill players.

HometownGal
09-05-2006, 02:48 PM
Some of us do need to take off the blinders....it could be very easy to go 8-8. Couple injuries to the line or one of the key skill players.

While that is entire possible, Hammer, it's not probable. The Steelers always find a way to overcome adversity and have enough depth at the key positions (other than QB, imo, but I'm hoping Charlie will surprise me!) to compensate for injuries. They are like the little train that could - when no one believes in them but themselves, they respond - much to the chagrin of their opponents. 2005 is proof positive of that. :cool:

SteelerFanInCA
09-05-2006, 03:32 PM
8-8? Did we just resign Tommy Maddox or something?

19ward86
09-05-2006, 03:51 PM
dont worry about it cause he is a bengals fan, that whole page was biased, jags go 9-7, they will be way better and pitt wont win the division cause our schedule is tougher than cincys. but i expect a 12-4 season by us so they have to beat that.

OneForTheToe
09-05-2006, 04:10 PM
Even if Ben missed the entire season, I think we would have a winning season. Granted, it probably wouldn't be much more than 9-7 or 10-6, but there is too much talent that is well coached on this team to go 8-8, IMO, of course.:smile:

clevestinks
09-05-2006, 04:31 PM
Two words to that pencil-necked geek - BITE ME. :rolleyes:

Time to put the bong down there, pal.

LOL, Well spoken! Your such a girl,LOL LOL:sofunny:

CantStop85
09-05-2006, 07:46 PM
While that is entire possible, Hammer, it's not probable. The Steelers always find a way to overcome adversity
The Steelers went 6-10 just a couple years ago...it's not too far-fetched to see them going 8-8, especially with question marks surrounding Big Ben and the running game. Especially in this division, I wouldn't be completely shocked to see the Steelers or the Bengals drop to .500.

Steelersfan4life
09-05-2006, 08:07 PM
is it just me or has the SUPER BOWL CHAMPION pittsburgh steelers gotten basically shit ont by every news prediction show
today i saw on espn on cold pizza they said the same thing about the steelers going 8-8
i cant imagine hearing the same thing had the new england patriots won last years super bowl

bigbensgirl7
09-05-2006, 08:14 PM
Look at what happened last year when everyone doubted us...we won the Super Bowl!!! As far as I'm concerned they can keep giving us no respect...it just gives our guys another reason to go out and kick some butt!!!

WV-SteelerFan
09-05-2006, 08:15 PM
...today i saw on espn on cold pizza they said the same thing about the steelers going 8-8...

Woody & Skip were predicting the AFC North...
I think Woody predicted Baltimore to go 13-3...:blah:

Elvis
09-05-2006, 08:22 PM
If the Steelers go 8-8 it is because Big Ben is hurt about all year. I honestly think that if Batch had to start all year we could be a .500 team.. so you think that these writters honestly think that Ben cant win more 3 or 4 more games than Batch? I agree that our schedule is alot harder on paper right now, but as the season goes along and there is suprises everywhere around the league I think that our schedule can get easier or a little harder..We know our division has improved with the Ravens getttin' a decent QB.. but can he hold up? The Bengals are gonna still be Very Potent on Offense but I think their Dee is gonna let them down again this season..The Browns just havent done much to improve in my opinion.. except if Winslow Jr is completely healed and can make a big difference for that team if he is..
God Bless
Elvis

Hammer67
09-06-2006, 07:26 AM
While that is entire possible, Hammer, it's not probable. The Steelers always find a way to overcome adversity and have enough depth at the key positions (other than QB, imo, but I'm hoping Charlie will surprise me!) to compensate for injuries. They are like the little train that could - when no one believes in them but themselves, they respond - much to the chagrin of their opponents. 2005 is proof positive of that. :cool:

True, but then you have 2004.....

Hammer67
09-06-2006, 07:28 AM
Me thinks people worry too much about talking heads on talk shows....who cares what the "experts" pick anyway???

As Peter King, the best NFL writer around, said: Picking winners is a effort in futility in the NFL.

All it does is sell magazines and help ratings. In the NFL, anyone has a chance cause of parity. Whatever happens, it will be exciting to watch!

HometownGal
09-06-2006, 07:40 AM
is it just me or has the SUPER BOWL CHAMPION pittsburgh steelers gotten basically shit ont by every news prediction show
today i saw on espn on cold pizza they said the same thing about the steelers going 8-8
i cant imagine hearing the same thing had the new england patriots won last years super bowl

There aren't many out there who believe in us again this season, but the most important thing here is that the Steelers continue to believe in themselves and each other and WE believe. Our boys salivate at the thought of being the underdog. When they were at the 7-5 mark last season, most of the sports media and even some fans were ready to put a fork in them and all that disbelief did was make them stronger, fiercer, unstoppable. All I can say here is -I wouldn't want to be on the other side of them when they feel they aren't given the respect they have earned. Just ask da Bears, Vikes, Brown, Lions, Bungles, Dolts, Broncs and Hawks. :chuckle:

Steelersfan4life
09-06-2006, 03:29 PM
but the point im trying to make is that it seems that the media outside of pittsburgh has some personal vendetta against the steelers this year
normally im the last person to call conspiracy theory but i havnt seen one person pick pittsburgh to win the afc north which is pretty lame since we did in fact just win the super bowl and... lost almost no starters!

bigbensgirl7
09-06-2006, 03:33 PM
but the point im trying to make is that it seems that the media outside of pittsburgh has some personal vendetta against the steelers this year
normally im the last person to call conspiracy theory but i havnt seen one person pick pittsburgh to win the afc north which is pretty lame since we did in fact just win the super bowl and... lost almost no starters!

Honestly, why do you care so much? How much respect did they give us on the road to our Super Bowl Victory last year. We weren't picked to win the division last year either. The Steelers seem to strive on proving the media and rest of the NFL wrong time and time again.

Koopa
09-06-2006, 03:53 PM
well this nerd accomplished his goal, he got ppl mad at him for saying such stupid stuff.....ppl just brush it off, y'all are doing exactly what he wants you to do......dance puppet, dance

Steelersfan4life
09-06-2006, 03:54 PM
i really think the steeles play hard every week because they care about winning football games and not because they're out to prove the media wrong many players, for example troy polumalu, pay no attention to espn and the sports media

also its not that this is a huge deal to me id just like to know why the media has such a hard time picking the steelers

Hammer67
09-08-2006, 07:16 PM
i really think the steeles play hard every week because they care about winning football games and not because they're out to prove the media wrong many players, for example troy polumalu, pay no attention to espn and the sports media

also its not that this is a huge deal to me id just like to know why the media has such a hard time picking the steelers

Well, you have to look at it from a non Pittsbugh media person / fan. They did BARELY make the playoffs last year and were not doing so great about 3/4 of the way through the season...and...they did lose the division.

As Bill Cowher said, they weren't the best team, they got hot at the right time and cruised.

Now, don't get me worng...they rule. And I think they have as good of a chance as anyone but you have to take the black & gold blinders off to see what the national media sees.

vinny
09-13-2006, 11:24 AM
The Steelers went 6-10 just a couple years ago...it's not too far-fetched to see them going 8-8, especially with question marks surrounding Big Ben and the running game. Especially in this division, I wouldn't be completely shocked to see the Steelers or the Bengals drop to .500.

try like 4 years ago we were 6-10 and that's before we got BIG BEN!!
it's a whole different story now i don't see the STEELERS finishing anywhere near a 6-10 record as long as we got BIG BEN sooooooo push on and go spam your forums..... oh! maybe you Bungels don't have one

Midnightwriter07
09-13-2006, 11:33 AM
I think that any team in the NFL can go from being a good football team to a mediocre team any season.. scheduling, injuries, free agency, bootom feeders getting players in free agency with money to spend and good first round draft picks... can happen and usually does with any team after a certain amount of time.... that is what has been impressive about the Steelers since Cowher has been here .. 10 of 14 playoff years and normally having a very competitive team SuperBowl or no SuperBowl. Is something the fans have come to expect and enjoy and this year or the next 10 should be no different. The Steelers have been built with good decisions to be successful not for just one year or two... but for the future as well and we should be considered a playoff team for a long time. BUt, we can as any team have a down year... i just dont think this year.

Tim
09-13-2006, 01:22 PM
I'm really amazed at how many people have actual jobs doing this sort of thing. He's got the Steelers at 8-8 and the Patriots at 12-4?

You know, there's nearly as much enjoyment in watching all these analysts eat crow during the season as there is watching actual games.

lamberts-lost-tooth
09-13-2006, 01:22 PM
Adam Schwein: During the season, Adam hosts the station's pregame show, ‘The Sirius NFL Tailgate Show’, which also features analysts John Madden and Archie Manning.

When you post the moldy crumbs that fall off a table where these two Idiots are discussing how the Raiders were screwed in the 70's by the Steelers...and how the Steelers should have been beat by the Colts...why are we surprised that this guy gives no chance to Pittsburgh

...remember the old warner brothers cartoon with the small dog bouncing around the big dog saying...."what are we gonna do today Burt??!!..huh!!..huh!!..What are we gonna do today!!??......that would be Shwein.