PDA

View Full Version : Steeler Nation Get a GRIP!!!

wadester47
09-05-2006, 02:36 PM
When I joined this website two weeks ago, I thought this would be the place where I could go and not have to defend what I thought about the Pittsburgh Steelers.
Being a lifelong Steelers Fan from western PA, unless you are Black n' Gold you are hated. The press, the other teams etc etc.......Hated.
I know this is a free Web site and I know people are going to say what they want . It has totally ticked me off from things that I have read today.
Someone said that we have no chance at all, and that we may go 8-8. Other people are like well 'if ' we can win on thursday.......GET A GRIP.
Yeah BEN"s not playing and Hines is doubtful, WHAT about D and what about Hines Field, What about every Steeler Fan out there.
I am a firm believer that if you are a fan and that you are dedicated to your cause ( the STEELERS) you stay positive all the time. Just my opinon. If you are not positive, and you believe like the rest of the NFL, that the Steelers are going to go down , go somewhere else. Seriously.

It's too hard to defend the Steelers on a daily basis with the rest of the world, then to come into Steelers Fever and defend them on a Steelers web site.

I believe, no matter what the odds are
I believe in the Black and Gold
GO STEELERS

SteelerFanInCA
09-05-2006, 02:43 PM
I have all the faith and confidence in our guys. Come game time Cowher will have them ready.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
09-05-2006, 02:46 PM
i dont have any doubt that the steelers will win im just pissed off i cant watch big ben play...

wadester47
09-05-2006, 02:48 PM
Thanks for having my back! GO STEELERS

Hammer67
09-05-2006, 03:06 PM
Well...there are some vets here that do like some intelligent debate. I, for one, am not blinded by drinking the Steelers Kool Aid. Do I want them to win? Of course! Do I cheer them on? Yup! Attend games? Sure (two this year...so far). Buy stupid nick nacks like a Steelers coozy and license plate covers? Yes!

But, I do look at reality and prefer informed debate at times. Rah rah BS can only go so far...these are grown men playing a sport for money, for Pete's sake.

:cool:

austin-charles
09-05-2006, 03:09 PM
Relax oh panic fan. These fish will get caught in our net of deception and punished by our smashass football. Watch out for our D to setup a quick score off a fumble from Culpepper. Our running game will push the fish out of the water. We have a lot of talent on this team so expect Batch to have his best game yet. He went 2-0 last season. The best news this whole off-season is Maddox (0-2) isn’t playing for us anymore. If we stay away from stupid mistakes we will win. This team has experienced diversity and we all saw them meet challenges bigger than this. I’ll be at the game! Flying in from Los Angeles. It’s time for us to make some noise. Repeat baby!

HERE WE GO STEELERS!

clevestinks
09-05-2006, 03:10 PM
Well...there are some vets here that do like some intelligent debate. I, for one, am not blinded by drinking the Steelers Kool Aid. Do I want them to win? Of course! Do I cheer them on? Yup! Attend games? Sure (two this year...so far). Buy stupid nick nacks like a Steelers coozy and license plate covers? Yes!

But, I do look at reality and prefer informed debate at times. Rah rah BS can only go so far...these are grown men playing a sport for money, for Pete's sake.

What BS???? This is a great football team that has gained just as much, if not more, than we loss in preseason. We have a great chance at having a great season. Is a repeat a done deal of course not. But we have a damn good shot at another damn good season. So Steelers faithful lets get it on!

SteelerFanInCA
09-05-2006, 03:12 PM
What BS???? This is a great football team that has gained just as much, in not more, than we loss in preseason. We have a great chance at having a great season. Is a repeat a done deal of course not. But we have a damn good shot at another damn good season. So Steelers faithful lets get it on!

Amen!!

SteelerFanInCA
09-05-2006, 03:13 PM
Relax oh panic fan. These fish will get caught in our net of deception and punished by our smashass football. Watch out for our D to setup a quick score off a fumble from Culpepper. Our running game will push the fish out of the water. We have a lot of talent on this team so expect Batch to have his best game yet. He went 2-0 last season. The best news this whole off-season is Maddox (0-2) isn?t playing for us anymore. If we stay away from stupid mistakes we will win. This team has experienced diversity and we all saw them meet challenges bigger than this. I?ll be at the game! Flying in from Los Angeles. It?s time for us to make some noise. Repeat baby!

HERE WE GO STEELERS!

What part of LA you from?

Hammer67
09-05-2006, 03:13 PM
What BS???? This is a great football team that has gained just as much, in not more, than we loss in preseason. We have a great chance at having a great season. Is a repeat a done deal of course not. But we have a damn good shot at another damn good season. So Steelers faithful lets get it on!

Rah rah stuff is fine but at times it can border on BS. That's my opinion and I am sticking to it!!! :sofunny:

austin-charles
09-05-2006, 03:14 PM
Living by LAX

austin-charles
09-05-2006, 03:15 PM
If you are in Los Angeles goto the ****-n-Bull in Santa Monica...huge Steeler Base every game! About 30+ Steeler fans go every week.

austin-charles
09-05-2006, 03:16 PM
C o c k - n - B u l l on Lincoln Blvd. Santa Monica, CA

clevestinks
09-05-2006, 03:28 PM
Rah rah stuff is fine but at times it can border on BS. That's my opinion and I am sticking to it!!! :sofunny:

Understood but it beat the heck out of people whinning all the time about "they cant do it" "Without Ben we suck" That crap is uncalled for. My biggest issue is I now live Eat of cleveburgh, and I hear negative Steelers stuff all the time. This is a stress relief. Is there a bunch of homers here, of course. I just want good Steelers talk, unfortunatley you have to dig around at times to find it.

clevestinks
09-05-2006, 03:29 PM
C o c k - n - B u l l on Lincoln Blvd. Santa Monica, CA

I was there, in June, we had lunch. GreaT VIBE THERE!

SteelerFanInCA
09-05-2006, 03:32 PM
I think we will win this game because I believe our defensive front 7 is stronger than Miami's O Line. I also think our special teams will be the x-factor in this game. I can see Holmes or Reed busting one loose for a huge run back.

clevestinks
09-05-2006, 03:35 PM
I think we will win this game because I believe our defensive front 7 is stronger than Miami's O Line. I also think our special teams will be the x-factor in this game. I can see Holmes or Reed busting one loose for a huge run back.

I also like Batch to Miller when pressured! I really like our chances, Batch has had more preseason snaps than Ben anyway!

SteelerFanInCA
09-05-2006, 03:38 PM
I also like Batch to Miller when pressured! I really like our chances, Batch has had more preseason snaps than Ben anyway!

Batch has looked sharp in preseason. His ball seems to have quite a bit of zip on it right now. Plus he will have 3 days this week to work with the first string offense.

Stlrs4Life
09-05-2006, 03:51 PM
Good poster wadster. i agree, I also get it from work, alot of dumb Browns Fans.

STEELCRTN4EVER
09-05-2006, 04:14 PM
This STEELER team is good and I have a heck of a lot of faith in Charlie Batch. This is the biggest game of his life, starting the opener at Heinz......It is a dream for Charlie and he will rise to the occassion. He is one of the leaders of this team and they have voiced their faith in him!! BS on the media, it just fires the team up. I want to hear from them on Friday morning!!

HERE WE GO!!

19ward86
09-05-2006, 04:16 PM
99% of the men and women here are true friends, the guys that doubt us are true fans but just dont understand them. you will get used to guys saying "what if" a lot. ive been reading since april but joined last month and ive gotten used to the guys that dont believe but just because your a fan doesnt mean you cant doubt them a bit. i doubt the running game, and i want to see you tell me that our running game is fine. i garuntee you see 49ers fans doubting their team all the time. you need to be confident but not ****y, look what happened to the bengals, chad actin all ****y then they couldnt win, palmer might of been out but if the bengals are such a great team than why couldnt their TEAM win the game. i understand man but the team needs to prove we still have a running game before i settle down. everyone doubts and im sure you will but everyone needs to wait cause we got the best line in the world and that boost my confidense up about them. i do understand you though, but settle down.haha

wadester47
09-05-2006, 04:28 PM
Hammer67,

All I am saying is that this is what I look forward too every year. This is it. Steelers Football. The point I am trying to make is not BS. I am die hard and I drink IC light. Wether they are 6-10, 15-1, Whatever. I go to 4 games a year , I wear Black and Gold and I am proud no matter what to be a Steelers Fan.
I am just upset that this is where I come for my everyday "Steelers ARE the Best " moment. Screw the rest of these teams and their cities. I was born and raised in Pittsburgh, I love the Pirates, Pens and most of all Steelers. My point is you either are a Steelers fan or your not. There is no Fence in Steeler Nation.

HometownGal
09-05-2006, 04:30 PM
When I joined this website two weeks ago, I thought this would be the place where I could go and not have to defend what I thought about the Pittsburgh Steelers.
Being a lifelong Steelers Fan from western PA, unless you are Black n' Gold you are hated. The press, the other teams etc etc.......Hated.
I know this is a free Web site and I know people are going to say what they want . It has totally ticked me off from things that I have read today.
Someone said that we have no chance at all, and that we may go 8-8. Other people are like well 'if ' we can win on thursday.......GET A GRIP.
Yeah BEN"s not playing and Hines is doubtful, WHAT about D and what about Hines Field, What about every Steeler Fan out there.
I am a firm believer that if you are a fan and that you are dedicated to your cause ( the STEELERS) you stay positive all the time. Just my opinon. If you are not positive, and you believe like the rest of the NFL, that the Steelers are going to go down , go somewhere else. Seriously.

It's too hard to defend the Steelers on a daily basis with the rest of the world, then to come into Steelers Fever and defend them on a Steelers web site.

I believe, no matter what the odds are
I believe in the Black and Gold
GO STEELERS

wade - I understand what you are saying here and I agree that we need to keep the faith -I certainly haven't lost faith in this team as a legitimate contender to repeat, nor have I lost faith in them because they are facing a little adversity right now. That is the strong suit of this Pittsburgh Steelers team - they've overcome adversity before and there is no reason to believe that they can't face it head on again and come out even better for it. :cool:

With that being said, however, I enjoy hearing others' thoughts, comments and opinions on where this team is right now and where they may be headed. If we all agreed on everything all of the time, think of what a boring place this board and the world would be. Variety is the spice of life and keeps those brain cells active! :smile: Relax hon - we'll be just fine. :smile:

wadester47
09-05-2006, 04:33 PM
Thanks,

I appriciate the support. I just wanted to get it off my chest today. We have two days till we defend , I love Steelers Fever and I love the responces. But most of all LOVE dem' stillers!!!!!!

hardwork
09-05-2006, 05:04 PM
Hey, the Steelers are the champs right now, they won't let a little adversity get them down. That isn't how they got to be number 1.

HometownGal
09-05-2006, 05:26 PM
Hey, the Steelers are the champs right now, they won't let a little adversity get them down. That isn't how they got to be number 1.

hw - you're starting to really scare the bejesus out of me!! Yet another Pats fan who makes sense! :cool:

jaysta
09-05-2006, 06:20 PM
I'll make a short term prediciton...Steeler Nation may not have a grip, but that Steelers "D" is going to get a grip on Culpepper's jersey and throw him around all night long.

pittsburgh$teelersfan
09-05-2006, 06:28 PM
casey hampton will eat them up.as a matter of fact our whole defense will eat them up like the little catfish they are.I see us beating the fins 21-10.:bouncy:

jaysta
09-05-2006, 06:31 PM
casey hampton will eat them up.as a matter of fact our whole defense will eat them up like the little catfish they are.I see us beating the fins 21-10.:bouncy:

Sounds pretty good, but to keep it real I predict Steelers win 24-21. Ronnie Brown can move and may score a couple of times for them, but we'll keep Culpepper in check and score enough to win.

WWIIOwheelz
09-05-2006, 06:34 PM
I don't see the Fins scoring 21 points on this Steelers D. Nowhere close. I don't see them scoring an offensive touchdown, nor a special teams TD.

They will need Batch to make mistakes to score. I like the Steelers 20-10

pittsburgh$teelersfan
09-05-2006, 06:34 PM
I agree but I think Joey would get our d to fired up to let them score on us alot.Man I can't wait until thursday.I will be on the message board and watching the game at the same time.:bouncy:

SteelShooter
09-05-2006, 07:19 PM

I feel you Hammer.

Intelligent Debate, as you put it, is nice to have. And although I am a diehard fan, I am also a realist and am man enough to admit weaknesses when I see them.

Roll on Brother!

clevestinks
09-05-2006, 07:20 PM
I feel you Hammer.

Intelligent Debate, as you put it, is nice to have. And although I am a diehard fan, I am also a realist and am man enough to admit weaknesses when I see them.

Roll on Brother!

I would like to know where you feel these weaknesses are???

SteelShooter
09-05-2006, 07:25 PM

Well, Duce isn't performing quite as well as I had hoped. I am watching the replay of the Carolina game right now, and watching him fail to explode through holes, choosing to chop step instead.

The O-Line isn't exploding off of the ball as usual either.

Although not too many, there are definitive areas for improvement....as expected at this time of the year.

They will get the rust off and perform better I believe. But you always want a SuperBowl performance....even in the preseason. It's just the nature of the beast.

clevestinks
09-05-2006, 07:28 PM
Well, Duce isn't performing quite as well as I had hoped. I am watching the replay of the Carolina game right now, and watching him fail to explode through holes, choosing to chop step instead.

As far as Duce goes, its my opinion that whatever we get out of him is a plus, since we got nothing out of him last season.

The O-Line isn't exploding off of the ball as usual either.

I agree here, they have been a little lackluster, although the starters don`t worry me as much as the little depth we have there.

Although not too many, there are definitive areas for improvement....as expected at this time of the year.

They will get the rust off and perform better I believe. But you always want a SuperBowl performance....even in the preseason. It's just the nature of the beast.

Good points, rep worthy!

Elvis
09-05-2006, 07:29 PM
First of all.. welcome in kid... dont let the others get ya down.. I really believe the Steelers will handle the Dolphins.. but it is gonna be very tough.. The Dolphins played well last year at the end and they should give us a good game on thursday
God Bless
Elvis

jaysta
09-05-2006, 07:31 PM

I'd say other than O-line, we're pretty strong.

BlackNGold203
09-05-2006, 07:32 PM
What..exactly...will the Dolphins do to overwhelm us??

Will they run on us?...uh...no...
Will they pass on us...lets see..immobile QB who hasnt played since last October..in a new system...with average receivers..and a weak O-line...uh..no

If Charlie gets us 14 points...we win...

SteelShooter
09-05-2006, 07:33 PM
Good points, rep worthy!

Thanks Cleve...Many appreciations.

On a more optimistic note, our second string defense doesn't look too bad at all.

Young Mr Coke is having a pretty decent showing at the moment! :cool:

FSUBoo
09-05-2006, 11:05 PM
As someone who has been a Steelers fan for as long as I can remember(20 years, which isn't as long as some, but I've still always been a fan) I have never questioned the people in charge's decisions. So I think what gives me the right to do so now. Am I employed by the Steelers and have a say in who they choose to play weekly, who they choose to resign yearly, etc.? No I am not. However, I will say that I personally do not like the type of player (the way he runs) that Willie Parker uses. I prefer the power game that has been typical of Pittsburgh. These types of runners were Franco Harris, Bam Morris(for the little time he had with the team), and Jerome Bettis. I will say, however, that Willie Parker gives the Steelers a dimension that they have never had. I mean yeah, they did have Amos Zeroue, but he couldn't hold up for 16 games. I think that Willie has a chance to break a long run every time he touches the ball. I think he is a unique weapon and I will not complain at the exciting things he does when he touches the ball. I will say that I do not think that he will be a good short yardage back, so I do think that they need to turn to either Verron Haynes, Duce Staley, or someone else (whom this is, I do not know.).

I read an article in a magazine, I can't remember whether it was Sports Illustrated or ESPN the magazine, but this article said that any fan who has had one of his teams win a championship, that they are unable to complain for 5 years, and I actually think that this is a good point. I think that if I were a Bengals fan, I would have reason to complain. And I don't mean the whole Carson Palmer thing, but that they haven't had a championship in a long time(if ever).

Also, before I end this, I will say that I have more confidence in Charlie Batch not losing the game for us than I did in Tommy Maddox. I'm not saying Maddox isn't a good player, I just think he has that gunslinger mentality, which is not a good thing for a quarterback in Pittsburgh to have.

Well that is the rant that I have for the moment, and if I offended anyone, I am sorry.

shevdog
09-05-2006, 11:13 PM

I hear ya! Not being in western PA anymore, I'm here to join in on the Steelers oasis.

The Steelers have a tough year ahead of them, plus the added pressure of being the XL champs. Can they do it? I believe they can win XLI in Miami! The Steelers have always fought hard and will continue to do so. That's the reason they won 4 Super Bowl in the 70's!

Steelers
09-05-2006, 11:15 PM
So, unless we're insanely optimistic, we're not Steelers fans? I'm Black and Gold through and through, but I also have a mind of my own and I'm able to see that we might not match up too well against the opposition sometimes. That's a part of sports and I realize that.

But, does that mean I won't be cheering them on like crazy on Thursday? Hell no!

Hammer67
09-06-2006, 06:36 AM
So, unless we're insanely optimistic, we're not Steelers fans? I'm Black and Gold through and through, but I also have a mind of my own and I'm able to see that we might not match up too well against the opposition sometimes. That's a part of sports and I realize that.

But, does that mean I won't be cheering them on like crazy on Thursday? Hell no!

And if you play fantasy football, you will actually cheer AGAINST them at times!

I have Ronnie Brown, so I want him to run all over the Steelers D and have 3 TD's but the Steelers still win 28 - 21. LOL!!

Steelers
09-06-2006, 12:30 PM
And if you play fantasy football, you will actually cheer AGAINST them at times!

I have Ronnie Brown, so I want him to run all over the Steelers D and have 3 TD's but the Steelers still win 28 - 21. LOL!!

I can never bring myself to do it lol. Half of my team will be on bye Week 4, lmao.

bigbensgirl7
09-06-2006, 12:38 PM

not for me....I have Brown also, but I would never chcear for him or anyone against the Steelers under any condition unless we are killing the team...then I can chear for some points from my fantasy guys playing against the Steelers!:bouncy:

jaysta
09-06-2006, 03:07 PM
I have Brown and Parker both on one of my fantasy squads...Oh what a web we weave.... LOL :smile:

Hammer67
09-08-2006, 06:18 PM
not for me....I have Brown also, but I would never chcear for him or anyone against the Steelers under any condition unless we are killing the team...then I can chear for some points from my fantasy guys playing against the Steelers!:bouncy:

Well...things didn't turn out so bad for us then!! :dancing::tt03:

wadester47
09-10-2006, 07:15 PM
Hey,
not to bad. touch and go till the 4th, and you can bitch at me anytime!!!!
Go STEELERS- beat them JAGS!!!!!