PDA

View Full Version : DUCE:

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
09-05-2006, 08:24 PM
Im watching the Pitt/Car preaseason game on NFL Network that was played last week... I didnt get to watch so as i was flippin thru the channels i was happy it was on......
But, wathcin Duce run the ball is kinda scarry....He looks bad.....
Although on the good side...C.Batch doesnt look to bad...

Why are we keeping Duce on the roster...I know he put up good numbers for us when we first got him but that was 2 years ago, for seven games.....???????

SteelShooter
09-05-2006, 08:27 PM
I'm watching it also..................and I agree.

jaysta
09-05-2006, 08:30 PM
Im watching the Pitt/Car preaseason game on NFL Network that was played last week... I didnt get to watch so as i was flippin thru the channels i was happy it was on......
But, wathcin Duce run the ball is kinda scarry....He looks bad.....
Although on the good side...C.Batch doesnt look to bad...

Why are we keeping Duce on the roster...I know he put up good numbers for us when we first got him but that was 2 years ago, for seven games.....???????

I've been questioning this since the release of Kuhn.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
09-05-2006, 08:33 PM
I know there have been many argument on this board about Kuhn, But i liked him and would rather have a young guy on the roster that has some speed and good size then Duce who has only been injured and is getting sluggish

BlackNGold203
09-05-2006, 08:33 PM
The staff see something in him...or he wouldnt be here....

:cool: :cool:

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
09-05-2006, 08:35 PM
Hopefully Duce is just "out of gameday shape" and will start running like he did 2 years ago as the season progresses

clevestinks
09-05-2006, 08:36 PM

I hope! But I think that he cost us if we keep him, and he hurts our cap if we don`t. Before we could ever trade him WE need to prove that he is worthy!

jaysta
09-05-2006, 08:37 PM

Don't kill me for saying this, but I'd like to know what the staff sees in him? I haven't read any good reports on Duce throughout training camp, and we can all see what he looks like in the preseason games.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
09-05-2006, 08:37 PM
Who won the 3rd CB spot Coulcough or McFadden

BlackNGold203
09-05-2006, 09:13 PM
Don't kill me for saying this, but I'd like to know what the staff sees in him? I haven't read any good reports on Duce throughout training camp, and we can all see what he looks like in the preseason games.

Coaches see him everyday..I trust their judgement of talent....

He's not going to play much anyways...95% of the carries will be Willie and Verron...:cool: :cool:

PisnNapalm
09-05-2006, 09:17 PM

I dunno that I agree with that. I half believe that Coach told Duce he was good for atleast this year. Think about it. How many other teams would have cut Jerome 2 years ago to make room for a younger guy?

The Steelers show alot of loyalty toward veteran players. Alot more than most teams.

jaysta
09-05-2006, 10:50 PM
The Steelers show alot of loyalty toward veteran players. Alot more than most teams.

Your dang right they do and unlike other teams, the owners in Pittsburgh give Cowher alot more respect and freedom than most. I don't think the staff and coaches saw much more in Duce than we saw in the preseason games. If you have competition for a spot like we had at RB, everyone plays their best on game day, not in drills at camp. Coaches and staff watch what happens on the field and weigh that heavily into decision making. Owners look at what they spend on a player and want to see high paid players earn it. The only thing that still has me confused is why they would show so much loyalty to Duce? The guy was in Philly for the best part of his career.

WWIIOwheelz
09-05-2006, 10:59 PM
I'll be honest, I'm scratching my head about Duce as well. He looks terrible in the preseason. My biggest concern going in was the 2 back, and I had a gut feeling it was Verron, and that turned out to be correct. I'm really hoping to see something out of him this season. All this said, Duce is a BIG back. Late in the game, a fresh Duce on the 1 - 2 yard line almost isn't fair.

jaysta
09-05-2006, 11:04 PM
I'll be honest, I'm scratching my head about Duce as well. He looks terrible in the preseason. My biggest concern going in was the 2 back, and I had a gut feeling it was Verron, and that turned out to be correct. I'm really hoping to see something out of him this season. All this said, Duce is a BIG back. Late in the game, a fresh Duce on the 1 - 2 yard line almost isn't fair.

Good point. 242 lbs can fall into the endzone with a little push from Ben. LOL!

shevdog
09-06-2006, 12:04 AM
Drop Duce.

I hope that I am wrong with my thinking and that he can turn it around later this season. Yet I still stand by saying that they should just drop Duce. Philly seemed to still like them when I was at that pre-season game, giving the "Duce" chant. Go back to Philly Duce.

jaysta
09-06-2006, 05:03 PM
I honestly don't think that Duce will be active in a few weeks. Once Cobbs learns the system I think he'll make it hard for the team to keep him on the practice squad.